• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination Epic Failure?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I prefer Brawl's Final Destination. The look, the moving background to the sunset over a sea, and the musical scores are just gorgeus.

Melee's FD level layout was better (I don't care much about the lip. You'd have to be a moron to get gimped by it anyways.), but nothing else about Melee's FD setup beats Brawl's.

Ange

Smash Lord
Both has GREAT music (love that they got back the Melee score), but somehow I think the Melee version is more.. epic or something, with those glowing pink edges and that spinning thing on the bottom. The Brawl version is kindoff cold, like all blue and such (tho it shifts along with the BG), but the backgrounds are just BEAUTIFUL, love them. Also its slightly bigger, tho that doesnt matter.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Definitely Melee's. The little flap they made at the edges ruins my chances to like the stage. Why did the stage designers had to mess that one up? Also, the music and background was pretty memoriable.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
Melee one is better, but FD is still the best stage in brawl if you';re not an idiot. Good players don't get stuck under the ledge. Ever.

Well...unless you main link.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
i definitely prefer the melee one... not by much though. i just think the corners on brawl's FD are stupid. It definitely screws up a bunch of characters. Melee didn't hav anywhere you could get stuck in so yah ^_^
I think it requires more thought, no one should get stuck if they are tournament-level players. Also, it gives more effect to gimping/stage spiking. I think that a stage with this kind of attribute was needed, though it did not have to be put on the "most neutral" stage.

FrozenHarpie

Smash Rookie
Melee. The evil ledge made me stop playing StarFox characters on it as often...but it isn't as if I main any of them so it's still fun^^;

justaway12

Smash Master
i don't like the ledges on brawl so i like melee better but it's still my favorite stage plus the music is good and the scenery is better than melee although other people hate the scenery or music

taste_the_beast

Smash Apprentice
i like them both but i have been messed up by the brawl FD before, but it wasnt a big problem for me. But there's just something about the Melee one i like a little better.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Naturally, Melee would be the fan favorite.
But I prefer Brawl's FD. Just because I vaguely remember Melee's.
I can't give an honest opinion, so I'm biased, Brawl's FD is better imo.

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
Naturally, Melee would be the fan favorite.
But I prefer Brawl's FD. Just because I vaguely remember Melee's.
I can't give an honest opinion, so I'm biased, Brawl's FD is better imo.
agreed. i didnt even have melee so i cant say anything about it but i remeber it was purple and black. plus i now that brawl has the my music hack u can put any song in fd. i hated it when i played at my friends house because of the music. but gaurunteed brawl fd is better.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
agreed. i didnt even have melee so i cant say anything about it but i remeber it was purple and black. plus i now that brawl has the my music hack u can put any song in fd. i hated it when i played at my friends house because of the music. but gaurunteed brawl fd is better.

I still have my copy of Melee sitting 5 feet from me, but I can't ever play it until I pick up a memory card when I find the time. xD
So until then, I'd say Brawl.
I can still vaguely remember Melee's. I never picked it.

AlKrauser

Smash Cadet
the new FD allows characters like pit, kirby, r.o.b, and mk to run away by going under the stage from one end to the other, you couldnt do that on the melee version, if you could paly as those characters that is.

Alzi

Smash Master
I don't really mind the edges on brawl's final destination but melee's one was much more better imo.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
Melee's. Brawl's background is cooler (The space part only. Epic cloudy sky>sunset spinning sea) and the stage designs are equal in appearance. However, I can't play on Brawl's FD because that lip aggravates me. Yet, Melee FD was my favorite stage back when I used to play before Brawl came out.

Kais3000

Smash Cadet
There are other maps in Melee besides FD? Also I never take appearance or music into account as when I'm playing all I'm focusing on is my character and my opponent. I wouldn't be able to tell you the music that was just played even if you played it back to me. the main thing about a map is its shape and therefore Melee FD is the best.

Also Brawl FD is not the most neutral map, welcome to anyone with projectiles and then Falco again and IC's. Most balanced map is BF also if you are agaisnt Falco or IC's ou can just camp the ledges.y

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Also Brawl FD is not the most neutral map, welcome to anyone with projectiles and then Falco again and IC's. Most balanced map is BF also if you are agaisnt Falco or IC's ou can just camp the ledges.y
Smashville is more neutral than BF: U can still camp Falco and IC's here and at the same time not have to deal with Snake, Marth, G&W, DK, etc on a platform heavy stage.

I don't mind Brawl's FD, the characters I use don't have a problem recovering safely usually. What I do find a bit annoying is an IC's or Diddy here but even then it's not that bad for me.

Winter Genesis

Smash Rookie
I don't understand why people have so much trouble with the lip.

If it's there, and you know it, compensate, and angle/time your recovery better

brawl one because its easier to inhale with D3, spit em out under the stage, float back up, your safe, your opponet=dead
:laugh:

Yeah, that would be difficult in melee

Wifi Waiting Room pwns all.
The amount of truth in that statment makes me really bummed that it isn't unlockable :ohwell:

(p.s. First post ^_^ )

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Everybody hates those stupid lips... i do too, with a burning passion.... and i also think it would be better for brawl's FD to be a little bigger ..but everything else is better imo

SothE700k

Smash Lord
I don't mind the size of FD all that much. But that lip can bite my nuts, b*tch of a design has costed me so many stocks/matches...

PKOWNAGE

Smash Rookie
As a lucas player, I'll have to say melee. That stupid lip screws up my PK thunder every time I try to recover!

PKOWNAGE

Smash Rookie
As a lucas player, I'm going with melee. That stupid lip is always screwing up my PK thunder.

POKE40

Smash Lord
I prefer melee cause the brawl music has the theme song everywhere :urg:
anyways there is this place in brawl on FD that makes me hit the top edge :mad: and makes me fall... while on melee it doesn't effect me that bad.

that lip will screw me all the time...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I obviously prefer Melee's FD, but I have to admit that Brawl's background scenery is better.

Brawl FD ledges are bad, I can't play a good game when it comes to Bowser.

Top Bottom