• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAST 1 - Orlando, FL - Jul 17-20, 08 Thanks to everyone who came!!

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
If you were there you wouldn't be saying that. Everyone was SSOOOOOOOOOOO BORED. The grand finals were so quiet and all the time during losers we were hoping cort won so that we could all go home when m2k/cort split. LOL. There were like 15 people who actually cared. Brawl's awful. 90% of the peopel who went to FAST must agree. Brawl singles day wast he worst day lol. Who else thinks so? Back me up I gotta go to work peace.
Just becuase you and a few select few don't like it don't go making assumptions that 90% of the people didn't care...it was more like ten and those were the people that left...if that many people didn't care we wouldn't have had a tourney, if you hate the game then don't play or watch or attend any tourney's its that simple...THANKS;)

Eggm

Smash Hero
I always wondered, since it took m2k so long to get good at melee, if he would have to go through the same process again. Looks like we have our answer. congrats m2k.
Its not hard to figure this one out. Brawl's less deep so it took less time to master it. brb work guys.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Eggm is johning because he's not good at Brawl. :)

People play Brawl because the scene is bigger, and new tricks and techniques keep making the tournaments better.

Infinite dimensional cape, anyone? :):)

PolMex23

Smash Champion
!st: whats QFT??? I dont know that gay internet lingo **** xD

2nd: I hope theres a lot of Brawl matches recorded, like HR almost beating M2K (cuz that sounds bad ***)

3: ShizvsM2K, Every1 wants to see that, even my Dad.

4: Anyone know if MLG is going to pick up Smash again? Melee or Brawl I dont care.

An anyone goin to Evo...even though its going to be a Item Tourney.
And FAST2 is a must Frames for next year.

FL is still the boss in Smash, containing some of the top smashers in the nation. Oh, an Reflex good ****, but didnt you get beat by Abe's Wario??? xD xD xD, some1 needs to knock out M2k next tournament...please.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
This tournament was so sick. Awesome tournament Frames.

Thanks Hungrybox for the housing. Your family is too good.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Eggm, a lot of people care about brawl. If less people care about brawl than melee, why were there 2/3s of the people in the melee tournament than the brawl tournament? Why were there around 20 more teams in brawl? People care, just not you.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Splitting the pot is for professionals. I'm probably the most unprofessional-looking player you'll ever meet.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
That's because no one bothers to look nice for smash tournaments.
Except me. I need some reason to dress up :/

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
That's because no one bothers to look nice for smash tournaments.
Except me. I need some reason to dress up :/
No; I mean, I taunt in the middle of a Grand Finals match (without killing anyone, mind you) and get death comboed.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Reflex good job in brawl but you held it down even harder by playing ssb64 with all day friday and saturday.

Moogle great to finally meet you. I remember like 3 years ago playing you online and you would own me. You are definintely one of nicest smashers I've met. Wish we could have played more. Your jiggly is too good I'm just lucky the shieldbreaker kinda owns her.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
To the people I was housing:

I know I was being kind of strict with you guys, and there were a few restrictions.

Know that they weren't my rules, rather my parents' rules.

Rather my dad's rules.

My mom was........going through a lot of stuff at the time...

I just didn't want her to wake up in the middle of the night, I wanted her to get rest.

That's why I made the 1 AM curfew and all that stuff.

Money is tight, unfortunately gas, electricity, water, more water, AC, and tournaments cost money.

I didn't mean to be a **** to you guys.

Rather than say negative things about the issues I had with some of the people,

I will post positive shout outs.

Shiz: Thanks for teaming with me, even though I completely failed. Thanks for being cool with my mom.

SpeedN: Always made me laugh. You were always cool and calm. Thanks for that.

SmashMac: Thank you so much for the rides. You always knew how to cheer me up.

dmbrandon: You acted as the moderator and kept things under control. I needed that, thanks.

Inui: You had some good jokes, and your trash talk made me laugh.

PRiDE: Really chill guy, extremely nice, and really understanding. Good conversations, man.

Cort: Very quiet, didn't disturb anyone. Sorry the taxi cost you so much.

M2K: Man, you're so random, heh. How's that money? And those 3 Green Teas?

PB&J: Thanks for the support during the matches. You have hilarious jokes.

Xelic: I don't care for turnips, but you're a cool guy. I hope you liked Seaworld.

DoH: You are a clean, nice guy, and you never disturbed me. It's a pleasure to have you.

Needle Of Juntah: You're a nice, quiet guy. You're cool to have around.

Fearless: Playing those matches were too good. Good stuff in the tournament.

Loto: You and your nasty kirby....Good stuff, man.

peeeeeeeeeace.

Finch

Smash Lord
If you were there you wouldn't be saying that. Everyone was SSOOOOOOOOOOO BORED. The grand finals were so quiet and all the time during losers we were hoping cort won so that we could all go home when m2k/cort split. LOL. There were like 15 people who actually cared. Brawl's awful. 90% of the peopel who went to FAST must agree. Brawl singles day wast he worst day lol. Who else thinks so? Back me up I gotta go to work peace.
I agree 100%. Pools lasted like 6 hours and the whole time I just watched you guys playing melee wishing I was doing it too.

Relative to my expectations florida got wrecked in brawl but ***** in melee. If shiz/speedn/colbol/chops/hbox played more we'd be wrecking at brawl too, but unlike other states 90% of our good players are brawl noobs. Gmoney is dumb and I hate listening to him talk. Don't ever ask for a ride again man.

Thanks for everyone who made these 4 days fun. I'll post complete shoutouts in the results thread, but for now I'll just say that The Dark Knight wins.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
We need to step it up. If we keep taking the easy way out of situations (tornadospamcough) then we're never gonna learn **** we need to know.
Honestly, it's like I just said to Afro:

hi im Gingerr (6:39:42 PM): if they (Rx-/Gmoney) played MK right, and learned things about the character, the **** M2k was doing to you wouldn't have caught you off guard so much, because it's **** they should be doing regardless

I mean no disrespect to either of you (obviously), but it's the **** truth. Air dodge punishes, ****ing up Snake's recovery. . .Snake's recovery is NOT GOOD, in fact, it's BAD. If anyone saw Afro and M2k playing, they would understand what I mean. Snake recovering basically makes him a sitting duck for MK to have his way with. It's like, 50% free damage at best, a stock at worst.

I don't care if you disagree, either. I saw what I saw.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Twas a good tourney, i had alot of fun yelling KETCHUUUUUUPPPPPPPPP vs Inui and Cort.

Good matches to everyone i played good **** Cort our dittos were fun, good job Reflex but your colors suck im telling you go to mindgame Mario colors.

Florida does indeed suck, its official. Someone post it somewhere.

Frames

DI
Twas a good tourney, i had alot of fun yelling KETCHUUUUUUPPPPPPPPP vs Inui and Cort.

Good matches to everyone i played good **** Cort our dittos were fun, good job Reflex but your colors suck im telling you go to mindgame Mario colors.

Florida does indeed suck, its official. Someone post it somewhere.
FL does not suck.

You do not suck.

You lost to m2k and cort, the two people who pretty much won every event (except relfex getting 2nd wooo!!).

Just because you didn't get first does not mean you suck.

It just means they're a little better is all.

FL is good at brawl, EC has always been good at smash, we're fine don't worry.

Deal with it.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
Queen at Rx's!!!

M2K is too good, but shizwiz is god!!!

It was a lot of fun, but I gtg back to work!!!

GL brawlers and this tourney was amazing!!!

Everyone who still likes melee should definitely watch dashizwiz vs. m2k when it is put up!!!

Best set ever...so ****ing epic!!!

:colorful:
I forfeited to speedn cuz it if I did beat him there would be nothing to prove playing FL players

samdaballer

Smash Ace
We need to step it up. If we keep taking the easy way out of situations (tornadospamcough) then we're never gonna learn **** we need to know.
Honestly, it's like I just said to Afro:

hi im Gingerr (6:39:42 PM): if they (Rx-/Gmoney) played MK right, and learned things about the character, the **** M2k was doing to you wouldn't have caught you off guard so much, because it's **** they should be doing regardless

I mean no disrespect to either of you (obviously), but it's the **** truth. Air dodge punishes, ****ing up Snake's recovery. . .Snake's recovery is NOT GOOD, in fact, it's BAD. If anyone saw Afro and M2k playing, they would understand what I mean. Snake recovering basically makes him a sitting duck for MK to have his way with. It's like, 50% free damage at best, a stock at worst.

I don't care if you disagree, either. I saw what I saw.
what did m2k specifically do when afro was recovering?

Gingerr

Smash Lord
what did m2k specifically do when afro was recovering?
Pretty much anything he wanted. He could jump out and just shuttle loop over and over, because the sypher thing hits MK when he connects and then gets his upB back, so he can just kinda keep doing it. If he doesn't feel like doing that, he can just jump out and fair/uair (depending on whether or not Snake is recovering from the side or above. It was just ugly, I wish I could explain it the way it happened. Afro even said for a bit that he just has to stay on the ground, and not get knocked into the air. . .ever. If he air dodged then M2k would just punish it and continue the cycle regardless. It seemed like Afro hit the ground when M2k let him.

Gindler

Smash Champion
So Rx and Gmoney don't play MK right?

But I recall hearing how good they've been doing, so they have to be doing something right.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
Finch, let's just look at the facts...

highest FL brawl player: 4th
highest FL brawl team: 2nd

highest FL melee player: 3rd
highest FL melee team: 2nd

You can't say we ***** in melee and got wrecked in brawl. The fact is that we only did slightly better in melee and the FL placements in both games were impressive. We pretty much only lost to Mew2King and Cort in both games, which really isn't much of a surprise. Good **** to both of you guys, by the way.

As far as your personal opinion of me, that's whatever (no skin off my back). I've got nothing truly against you. However, you probably shouldn't imply that I'm a "brawl noob" when I 4stocked you in melee and 3stocked you in brawl (with Wario; no MK johns) multiple times. What does that say about you? I never hyped myself up as being anything more than "pretty good." Get over me, please.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
FL doesnt suck at brawl, and we didnt get "wrecked" in brawl either

FL just sucks against m2k. but then again, everone does. the man is insane

cort was about the same skill level as alot of FL people already there, and he didn't have an easy time in any of his later matches. wasnt like he bulldozed over everyone to get his placing. alot of his sets were reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally close.

if theres a reflex fan club, i wanna be in it. He made me understand why wario is beasting on the west coast, because before FAST i honestly couldn't imagine it.

more people need to know how good Chexr is.

and its partially our fault that gmoney and rx arent playing meta knight "right". if more people figured out how to break the tornado with their respective character, then i guarantee you that there'd be less tornadoing. me and HRNUT have done our part, as we know how to handle tornado in singles, more or less. they shouldnt stop whats winning them placings in tourneys because we QQ about it.

cant wait for FAST 2. Hopefully next time pools will go by faster, or at least start earlier. I think they actually started at 12:30-1pm, which is why we were there so long.

samdaballer

Smash Ace
Pretty much anything he wanted. He could jump out and just shuttle loop over and over, because the sypher thing hits MK when he connects and then gets his upB back, so he can just kinda keep doing it. If he doesn't feel like doing that, he can just jump out and fair/uair (depending on whether or not Snake is recovering from the side or above. It was just ugly, I wish I could explain it the way it happened. Afro even said for a bit that he just has to stay on the ground, and not get knocked into the air. . .ever. If he air dodged then M2k would just punish it and continue the cycle regardless. It seemed like Afro hit the ground when M2k let him.
wow, thanks, m2k is amazing, hope it was recorded

Zoro

Smash Champion
I wish i wasnt so predictable but

Brawl is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring

I stayed until 10 to see finals and such but i just couldnt take it anymore

Even in the middle of the day everyone was bored as hell there was nothing to watch.

Anyway Fl didnt do bad
They are just better
for NOW

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
cant wait for FAST 2. Hopefully next time pools will go by faster, or at least start earlier. I think they actually started at 12:30-1pm, which is why we were there so long.
If FAST2 happens, have it at a better venue where there is no xbox to be stolen, and housing can be at the venue. This event was actually better than I expected it to be. Good stuff frames.

Dark Sonic's mansion like house is amazing.
I wish i wasnt so predictable but

Brawl is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring

I stayed until 10 to see finals and such but i just couldnt take it anymore

Even in the middle of the day everyone was bored as hell there was nothing to watch.

Anyway Fl didnt do bad
They are just better
for NOW
Hey, I thought it was funny how everybody would go crazy about ONE HIT, lmao. Reflex would land a neutral B on M2K and the crowd would go wild. What a joke.

As far as your personal opinion of me, that's whatever (no skin off my back). I've got nothing truly against you. However, you probably shouldn't imply that I'm a "brawl noob" when I 4stocked you in melee and 3stocked you in brawl (with Wario; no MK johns) multiple times. What does that say about you? I never hyped myself up as being anything more than "pretty good." Get over me, please.
Who said you were a brawl noob? You, fearless, and loto are a few of the brawl players that place well and are decent at melee. Using credentials like that against frames is irrelevant though, as he doesn't play melee or brawl nearly as much as you do.

Adam_

Smash Apprentice
Yo man this tourney was awesome man..
I met so many people for the first time being that this is my first tourney ever.
I'm really happy that I made it out of the pools, Even though I got gayed getting matched up against two MK's.. But w.e. it happens.

Many awesome people are out there and I'll be sure to Be ready for FAST 2.

Shoutouts to:

m2k: Good sh** in this event man you're one of a kind.
cort: he took a hell of alot of people to court.
Hylian: Way to gay GDX with that Hylian Cruise lol jk
Reflex: Best Wario Ever period.
GDX: Teach me a better Diddy. You're awesome with him.
Nick: Nice ZSS. I mean it.
ESAM: Lol go Yoshi boy.
Equi: beast wolf.
Afro: KETCHUP
Rx: Awesome in Brawl teams.
xYz: Awesome in Teams, Nice pools match.
Frames: Awesome Tourney, do another one soon
Matt2 if you ever read this, it was nice meeting you.
PRiDE: Beast yoshi (lol I know)
Amber: thanks for making this possible.

to All MetaKnights: BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNN

That is all. Later.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Lol umm, I read that in a sarcastic tone, but I'm going to answer it assuming you are genuinely curious, in which case, yes, I am.

Top Bottom