• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAST 1 - Orlando, FL - Jul 17-20, 08 Thanks to everyone who came!!

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
Gingerr is red hot like the b-button. Just saying...

Zoro, thanks for admitting that FL isn't bad at brawl after all that talk. That shows real character. I respect your opinions about brawl being boring for you. To each his own.

Oh, and, Mooney, my comments were directed towards Finch's (not Frames) post about FL brawl and me. Frames is the ****.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Finch, let's just look at the facts...

highest FL brawl player: 4th
highest FL brawl team: 2nd

highest FL melee player: 3rd
highest FL melee team: 2nd
Col Bol said:
1: M2K (MK/Dedede) EC
2: Reflex (Wario) AL
3: Cort (Snake) EC
4: AfroThundah (Snake) FL
5: HRNut (Marth/Snake) FL
5: Inui (Marth/Pit/Falco/Dedede/others?) EC
7: Needle of Juntahh (G&W) MW
7: Fearless (Olimar) FL
9: Rx- (MK) FL
9: Hylian (G&W/ICs) TX
9: Colbol (Dedede) FL
9: xYz (G&W) FL
13: Bonesaw (MK) FL
13: Redhalberd (MK) FL
13: Equi (Wolf) FL
13: Seibrik (Kirby/Dedede) FL
17: Tommy G (Falco) FL
17: cDoc (Pit) FL
17: Lee. (MK) LA
17: Chexr (Wolf) MW
17: ExcelZero (R.O.B./Falco) Puerto Rico
17: AaroSmashGuy MW
17: PRiDE (Yoshi) EC
17: SamusABE (Wario) FL
25: Diem (MK) EC
25: Dguy (Lucario) FL
25: hungrybox (Dedede) FL
25: Yayhuzz (MK/Snake) SC
25: Lambchops (Snake) FL
25: GDX (Diddy) FL
25: Galeon (Lucas) FL
25: DSL (Snake?) Puerto Rico
33: Biglou
33: Captain crunch (MK) FL
33: Will_
33: DJ Nintendo (Bowser/Sandbag) EC
33: chaz (Marth) FL
33: ESAM (Pikachu) FL
33: Gmoney (MK) FL
33: Loki
33: Linguini (DK) FL
33: FenrirVII (Fox) FL
33: Bozzar (Dedede)
33: Nick Riddle (ZSS) FL
33: Chaddly (Snake) LA
33: AngryLobster (Mario) FL
33: Petey
33: Snad (Wolf) EC?
49: Adam (Diddy)
49: Loto (Kirby) FL
49: CO18
49: Thor (Fox/Falco)
49: Nice1 (Snake) GA
49: Hunter
49: Zig-Zag! MW
49: Thee Incubus (Dedede)
49: Garbanzo (Snake/Fox) FL
Both of these prove that Fl does not suck. Sure we got some of the bad spots, but we got a lot of the good spots too. besides afro getting 4th in brawl, we got
5: HRNut (Marth/Snake)
7: Fearless (Olimar)
9: Rx- (MK)
But i thought tornado/up-b spamming was easy to beat? Guess not. So Gingerr, even though M2K is better, the FL MKs did the best besides him. Besides M2K, only Diem Brandon (2nd best in NJ), Yayuhzz, and Lee. were the ONLY OOS MKs on the list!!!!
9: Colbol (Dedede)
9: xYz (G&W)
13: Bonesaw (MK)
13: Redhalberd (MK)
13: Equi (Wolf)
13: Seibrik (Kirby/Dedede)
17: Tommy G (Falco)
17: cDoc (Pit)
17: SamusABE (Wario)

Wait wait what? For all you people saying that tornado/up-b spamming was easy to beat can go try again, He was the 2nd best MK at this tournament based on ranking. So Gingerr, even though M2K is better, the FL MKs did the best besides him. Besides M2K, only Diem Brandon (2nd best in NJ), Yayuhzz, and Lee. were the ONLY OOS MKs on the list!!!!
Even though florida was about half of the attendance, if we are "Trash" we should've gotten at BEST 17th. But no, we got all the 13ths, 3/4 9ths, a 7th and a 5th. No ****ing jons to anybody anywhere (besides M2K, he can say FL sucks)

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
I actually suck huge balls at melee.

O, and btw, Loto went 1-1 with cort in pools (the only one to take a game from him). He would have won the second game if 1) he up threw instead of accidentally back throwing, and 2) didn't trip when he was about to punish a mortar with a forward smash.

Loto owns. He's gunna pick up snake and be better than afro. No joke.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
But i thought tornado/up-b spamming was easy to beat? Guess not. So Gingerr, even though M2K is better, the FL MKs did the best besides him. Besides M2K, only Diem Brandon (2nd best in NJ), Yayuhzz, and Lee. were the ONLY OOS MKs on the list!!!!
Let the bracket decide that. He could have played bad people. DJ Nintendo 2-0'd him with bowser in pools. What does that say? lol

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Let the bracket decide that. He could have played bad people. DJ Nintendo 2-0'd him with bowser in pools. What does that say? lol
It proves that SOMEBODY can beat tornado at this tournament. If more people could do what DJ did, Rx- would learn a different style. The fact that he got 9th either means that EVERYBODY IS ****ING ********, or he is actually good.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
It proves that SOMEBODY can beat tornado at this tournament. If more people could do what DJ did, Rx- would learn a different style. The fact that he got 9th either means that EVERYBODY IS ****ING ********, or he is actually good.
Good players who aren't ******** can beat Tornado, lol. Every MK that DJ played took like two stocks worth of damage from the Up b punishing after tornado.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I don't mean to say he's bad. Neither him nor Gmoney are bad. They play similar styles, but saying that they JUST B spam is a huge exaggeration, especially in singles. You do it if it works, if it doesn't, you stop. That's how Gmoney's match against M2k was, and I can only safely assume that's how Rx- plays, too.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
I don't mean to say he's bad. Neither him nor Gmoney are bad. They play similar styles, but saying that they JUST B spam is a huge exaggeration, especially in singles. You do it if it works, if it doesn't, you stop. That's how Gmoney's match against M2k was, and I can only safely assume that's how Rx- plays, too.
I never said Gmoney or Rx were bad. As long as they know that its stupid and shouldn't be working, and can change up that style to something skillful vs somebody like DJ last minute, its ok. But Rx didn't do that for some reason.

I need a meta knight counter wolf sucks.
Try Meta Knight.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I never said Gmoney or Rx were bad. As long as they know that its stupid and shouldn't be working, and can change up that style to something skillful vs somebody like DJ last minute, its ok. But Rx didn't do that for some reason.

Try Meta Knight.
I was moreso referring to ESAM's post, anyways, haha. I know you didn't say that.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The reason why Rx- can't adapt is because apparently, since Rx- gets 2nd or 3rd almost every florida tournament, i can safely say that everybody besides afro thundah is ******** since we can't get through tornado. If Rx- had somebody to play who could beat tornado, he would learn other strats, but since he isn't tested in florida, he doesn't need to, and he will get beat by people who can get through tornado, like DJ.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
The reason why Rx- can't adapt is because apparently, since Rx- gets 2nd or 3rd almost every florida tournament, i can safely say that everybody besides afro thundah is ******** since we can't get through tornado. If Rx- had somebody to play who could beat tornado, he would learn other strats, but since he isn't tested in florida, he doesn't need to, and he will get beat by people who can get through tornado, like DJ.
the truth is in this post

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Some characters in general just have a harder time dealing with it than others do. As Zelda, I have little to no trouble with tornado, but, I'm not good so it's not like I'd ever get far enough in a tournament to play Rx- anyways.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
So get good, or find another good person who plays a character that can deal with tornado to beat him and knock him off of his pedestal

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
yo no johns if you think its B-spam is gay then just practice the match-up and punish and ****. Even though I lost to Rx in bracket I still think it is very beatable, and it was proven by everyone who beat him.

Diem did bad in the tourney but from what I saw in friendlies he should've placed way higher.

I think we all in FL need to step up our game a bit.
The way I look at it when you get hit in smash that means you made a mistake so just learn and don't make the same mistakes.

We should set up some bi-weeklies.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Some characters in general just have a harder time dealing with it than others do. As Zelda, I have little to no trouble with tornado, but, I'm not good so it's not like I'd ever get far enough in a tournament to play Rx- anyways.
But how do you get past the f*cking Dsmash? Tornado isn't that bad cuz it's laggy as hell, but Dsmash pisses me off cuz it has no start up and no ending lag?

Maybe I'm just a scrub for having more trouble w/ Dsmash than Tornado. All I know is: Yoshi's Bair goes through Tornado.

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
All right I might as well do all my shout outs now. **** this is gonna be long.

Frames: thanks for hosting a kickass tourney I had a ton of fun.
Equi and Seibrik; doubles were mad fun I'll see you guys next gigs hopefully.
The big lou and weeg: your luigis are both nasty.
dark sonic: fun in melee teams and your sonic is nasty.
Reflex: good **** and keep on eating those stocks (half literally) XD
M2K: good **** on all 4 events stop ****** me with frekin mew2 and your meta is quite the nasty guy.
Diem: If I gave you a proper shout out it'd be pretty frekin long. Its been wayy too much fun these past couple of days. You've made me laugh more than any smasher I know. I'm gonna miss you dude. Btw I heard tha if you touch your index finger to you thumb it magnifies the space inside it's pretty cool...

Inui: good sh** on fifth and tis been fun hanging with you.
PB+J: omg 99c iced tea is too broken. Hope you come down every now and then.
Galeon: our matches were hella fun we gotta play sometime soon.
opposite of shame: thats the only way I remembered your smash name lol. Your yoshi is too nasty.
Loto: your kirby is too good. Yugioh was fun.
fearless thanks for all the rides and hanging with you while looking at m2k show us his melee supremacy was fun.
smashmac: fun stuff with those Y.link glitches.
Diem: hope I got you hahaha

Gingerr

Smash Lord
But how do you get past the f*cking Dsmash? Tornado isn't that bad cuz it's laggy as hell, but Dsmash pisses me off cuz it has no start up and no ending lag?

Maybe I'm just a scrub for having more trouble w/ Dsmash than Tornado. All I know is: Yoshi's Bair goes through Tornado.
To be quite honest, we only did some small tests. Where I play, NO ONE plays MK (as shocking as that may sound, it's true.) Basically, after Gigs where Rx- won, we all went back to Nexus and found out what our respected characters could do against tornado spam. It wasn't that in depth, and like I said, I don't get MK play otherwise.

I will this weekend though, I'll try to let you know? rofl. The only thing I could think of even MAYBE being able to do as Zelda is just shield immediately. She's too slow and I don't really think any of their moves would even tie, I'll check it out, though.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
To be quite honest, we only did some small tests. Where I play, NO ONE plays MK (as shocking as that may sound, it's true.) Basically, after Gigs where Rx- won, we all went back to Nexus and found out what our respected characters could do against tornado spam. It wasn't that in depth, and like I said, I don't get MK play otherwise.

I will this weekend though, I'll try to let you know? rofl. The only thing I could think of even MAYBE being able to do as Zelda is just shield immediately. She's too slow and I don't really think any of their moves would even tie, I'll check it out, though.
The only fast Zelda move I can think of off the top of my head is Nayru's Love neutB. And it's even got decent range, so it might go through Tornado. The problem is it's too laggy and doesn't have a lot of hit-stun, so he'd probably be able to start another Tornado before you can react. I'll run some tests too and we'll compare notes... awesome Zelda notes.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
My point exactly
Well, to be fair, my main reasoning for going to tournaments is because I like to see my friends. I don't get to see Gmoney often, and I don't even get to see Equi that often, so I would like to spend as much time with them as I can, when I can. Friday night when I got there, Gmoney and I immediately jumped on a TV and played a ton of casual teams matches with Fearless and Loto, so it's not like I didn't play at all :p

I play so much at Nexus it's almost disgusting, trust me.

Apollo:

There are certain times where Din's Fire goes through tornado. You can also dair through tornado and the sweet spot is much easier to hit than normal. Also, I don't think neutral B is fast at all rofl. Her dsmash is fast as hell though.

Top Bottom