• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAST 1 - Orlando, FL - Jul 17-20, 08 Thanks to everyone who came!!

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Where the hell are my props?

I place 13 in my first real tournament, the first time I've played someone offline other than my brother in 3 months, beat NOJ, Reflex, Hylian, and a few other people in friendlies. Beat Gmoney in A MK ditto, and beat Chexr's wolf, Chaz's marth (though he did be me in pools), all without spamming nado, and people are still complaining about MK's being broken?

And Ginger is **** right about MK vs. Snake. If you didn't see M2K beat Afro then you missed the most obvious and useful way to gimp snake. Metaknight's nair does fricken 19 damage, and knocks snake further out. M2K hit afro mabye 3 times in a row with Nair, racking up about 54 damage at a time while he tried to recover, and finished him off with an UpB. And conveniently, Metaknight will collidge with snake's cypher, which saves him from freefall, so he can easily get back to the stage. I didn't catch on to this quickly enough to use against DSL in the pools, but honestly, MK, Kirby, and D3 especially have the ability to Wall of pain snake to death, or at least set up his damage meter for a nasty kill.

Oh, and Hrnut's Meta is ****. :D

edit: And if I can place 13th in my first real tournament, then Florida does suck, regardless of how good I am. Mad props to Afro for holding up though.
I was doing that in practice mode today, and then I see this post lmao!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
*reads page 56-59*

lol.

Brawl being boring? Yes that's a fact and if it was so hype, why the hell didnt i hear a constant stream of "oohs and ahhs"? Because "For Christ's sake, the game is so boring, people are over there going wild when somebody SDs"

i mean hell, most of the people who do good in brawl will openly admit they only bother with the game for the ridiculous amount of money brought in by people who are attracted to new games.

__

as for whoever is talkin about "finding new ways to play the game instead of spamming tornado"

You basically said we should go back in time and figure out how to play SFII without throws

Brawlnado is broke tier, but as long as people continue to want to play the game for money, and as long as it works, i personally will be disappointed at any MK who tries to go without doing what works. Every competitive game is like that, brawl is just more blatent about it.

I dont even remember where the post was going, i just skimmed through it cause it's the same thing as people talking about chaingrabbing being cheap in melee.

....*walks around the room* I dont know where im going, i just love throwing PTW in people's faces cause it's an amazing book.
__

As for a results thread, that'd be ballin so that i could do some shoutouts. I actually feel the need to do some shoutouts for this tourney.

Scream at meh.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
This is like my favorite post in the thread.
Why? Because it doesn't make any sense?
There are a lot of reasons he could've placed well at his first tournament, like, you know, the most obvious being him actually being GOOD at the game. Just saying, that might have something to do with it. There are other smaller things that could have an impact on it, but there's no point in arguing with you, I know.

I remember that random Olimar player from Gigs that made it into the final bracket, and it was his first tournament. No one claimed then that Florida sucked, it's just now, after FAST, everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon with it. Go for it, you'll just look ******** when we prove otherwise.

I'm gonna sound like Zoro here for a second, but it's the one thing I've never argued with him about. It is EASY to be good at Brawl. Easy. You really shouldn't be that surprised that someone places 13th at their first tournament. Has nothing to do with Florida. Get over it, kids. Find another bandwagon to jump on. :colorful:

OverLade

Smash Hero
I'm sorry for Dissing florida btw. I just really didnt know what to expect. I had technically been locked in my room playing smash online and worshipping dudes off of youtube. So I was a little shocked when I could contend with pros with no experience. FAST is the highlight of my summer, don't get me wrong, I can't wait to go to more tournaments.

And Afro my Meta is COMING FO YO SNAKE man, nairs and all.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
We...should spit a cheesecake or something. Maybe like take time to sit down n'... talk about our feelings.

I can be the snap to your ginger.
I don't feel like that anymore, QDVS is getting sad that people are using his emotions ;[

So now I feel. . .*looks* :094:, yes, Gengar. I feel Gengar.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If anyone has pictures of me, let me know; I'd like something of that nature for myself. Thanks in advance.

Finch

Smash Lord
I'm sorry. It was just funny to me that it was his first tournament and he beat all the really good players that he listed, many of them OOSers. One of them was Gmoney's MK, who seemlingly no one in FL can beat except afro. Yet this kid comes along and beats him in a MK ditto supposedly without using tornado. To me that says FL is bad, and the results only confirm it.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
I don't feel like that anymore, QDVS is getting sad that people are using his emotions ;[

So now I feel. . .*looks* :094:, yes, Gengar. I feel Gengar.
Gengar indeed. The passion in your hypertext eats my dreams, it seeps through my skin and raptures the deepest abyss in my heart to a state of pure nirvana. you hypnotize my mind and bend my will to see matchups the way you see them. we've formed a destiny bond that's mutually polarized by one another's desires. your strength lies in your lack of weakness. yeah that was pretty lame not gonna lie.

step it up FL, find someway to be more technical

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I'm sorry. It was just funny to me that it was his first tournament and he beat all the really good players that he listed, many of them OOSers. One of them was Gmoney's MK, who seemlingly no one in FL can beat except afro. Yet this kid comes along and beats him in a MK ditto supposedly without using tornado. To me that says FL is bad, and the results only confirm it.
Not that I'm the type to defend anyone, or john for anyone, regardless of who they are, but Gmoney didn't really care going into his THIRD MK ditto in a row.

If the kid beat all the really good players that he listed, many of them being OOSers, then how is that Florida's problem. If anything that proves that either 1) Florida is decent because we get kids who don't even go to tournaments beating big name OOSers, or 2) OOS is bad, not us.

Your logic is laughable. It's not surprising that you save your opinions for the internet, because you'd get flamed just as hard if you were as much of a **** head in person as you are on the boards.

lol @ Crom and Reflex hahaha!

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Gengar indeed. The passion in your hypertext eats my dreams, it seeps through my skin and raptures the deepest abyss in my heart to a state of pure nirvana. you hypnotize my mind and bend my will to see matchups the way you see them. we've formed a destiny bond that's mutually polarized by one another's desires. your strength lies in your lack of weakness. yeah that was pretty lame not gonna lie.

step it up FL, find someway to be more technical
Also, WAT.

Finch

Smash Lord
oh ****, gingerr distracted me from saying how awesome dogysamich is. Our all jiggs teams friendly had the most skill ever.

in fact, I want to replicate that screenshot and put it in my sig.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
oh ****, gingerr distracted me from saying how awesome dogysamich is. Our all jiggs teams friendly had the most skill ever.

in fact, I want to replicate that screenshot and put it in my sig.
man, i think it's funny how when i hit my rest, and the rest of you guys missed yours, m2k wants to come over talkin about "HEY ALL OF YOU GUYS SUCK FOR MISSING REST"

IM GOIN BACK ON RECORD TO SAY I HIT MY F'N REST, GET CHYA FACTS STRAIGHT.

*flee*

Top Bottom