• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAST 1 - Orlando, FL - Jul 17-20, 08 Thanks to everyone who came!!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I need a meta knight counter wolf sucks.
you are the greatest!

ill teach you diddy (a walking meta knight counter) if you teach me a wolf counter. I promise not to use the counter against you :laugh:

AfroQT

Smash Master
i beat rx 2-0 with wario let that be an example to those who thnk they cant beat got tier with middle tier
wario isnt middle tier, wtf are you smoking.

Florida sucks, no one is johning ESAM so stop posting.
We suck is not a john lol.
Its the truth, so lez get bettttrrrrrrrr

KETCHUUUUUUUP

MaNg0

Smash Hero
watching those shiz matches

made me realize why im such a shiz fanboy

shiz next out of state tourney lets team

im ok in teams =D

team name

*shiz wiz ***** *

OverLade

Smash Hero
Where the hell are my props?

I place 13 in my first real tournament, the first time I've played someone offline other than my brother in 3 months, beat NOJ, Reflex, Hylian, and a few other people in friendlies. Beat Gmoney in A MK ditto, and beat Chexr's wolf, Chaz's marth (though he did be me in pools), all without spamming nado, and people are still complaining about MK's being broken?

And Ginger is **** right about MK vs. Snake. If you didn't see M2K beat Afro then you missed the most obvious and useful way to gimp snake. Metaknight's nair does fricken 19 damage, and knocks snake further out. M2K hit afro mabye 3 times in a row with Nair, racking up about 54 damage at a time while he tried to recover, and finished him off with an UpB. And conveniently, Metaknight will collidge with snake's cypher, which saves him from freefall, so he can easily get back to the stage. I didn't catch on to this quickly enough to use against DSL in the pools, but honestly, MK, Kirby, and D3 especially have the ability to Wall of pain snake to death, or at least set up his damage meter for a nasty kill.

Oh, and Hrnut's Meta is ****. :D

edit: And if I can place 13th in my first real tournament, then Florida does suck, regardless of how good I am. Mad props to Afro for holding up though.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Dammit mang0 quit stealing

I got 2nd in doubles and 7th in singles....

WITHOUT L-CANCELING!!!

I'm too good.......too good....

heh, spinning chair wars were too good.

No one made that shot tho....

TO FL:

we didn't suck, period.

I thought I would do better in melee, If i had beat xelic and his turnips it would have been spacies all the way.

Heh.

I'll try and make it up at gigs.

AfroQT

Smash Master
No one is calling MK broken.
Just saying MK can gimp snake.
Snake destroys MK on the ground.
This thread is dumb
So lets discuss Robo Ky and KETCHUUUUUUUP

Big_R

Smash Champion
why is shiz so nasty? if no splitzies went down shiz coulda been out for blood and won everything and plz dont argue with me. k peace!

OverLade

Smash Hero
"You need more what???"

"*****????????????" *10 times louder*

XD

edit: Looking back on this moment, I'm glad the filter caught that.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Seriously though, Hylian's shirt deserves some recognition. What a fashion savvy dude that Texas kid is.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I must agree, American eagle ftw. But I'm suprised you didn't give recognition to the stylish disembodied pair of shoes to the left, or the my man reflex pwning on the far right side of the screen. :D

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Those disembodied shoes are pretty ****ing awesome, too. Not gonna lie.
Also, he should straighten his hair. He's lucky I didn't pack my straightening iron, or I would've done that **** at the venue.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Those disembodied shoes are pretty ****ing awesome, too. Not gonna lie.
Also, he should straighten his hair. He's lucky I didn't pack my straightening iron, or I would've done that **** at the venue.
Hylians hair gets 3 stocked by Gingers straightener!!!!

Hylian counterpicks with....a BUZZCUT. 0_0

gallax

Smash Hero
so the best thing that i saw at the tourney other than the awesome matches was between the battle garbonzo vs. smashguy. it was on BF and garbonzo pulled out a grenade on the platform to the very right. smashguy was playing ROB and he went up to attack him but instead of making contact he completely whiffed it and garbonzo kept shielding and then the nade exploded. when it exploded his shield broke, leving him completely open for attack. well the ROB decided to fully charge an usmash below him. right before he released the smash a c4 exploded randomly, kills ROB, and saves garbonzos life. hands down the luckiest thing at the tournament. and quite possibly the funniest.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Uh.
I would kill him.
His hair has way too much potential.
I hope he reads this all and laughs.
Hylians hair for TOP TIER.

Actually Galax, a similar thing happened to me vs. DSL.

It was a classic MK vs. Snake, my Meta getting wrecked slightly. I hit him with a Dsmash at 170 percent, when I was on my second stock, and he flew across the stage. It would've been an instant kill, but the grenade in his hand blew up, and he DIed the other direction, somehow surviving a grenade at 170% higher than the main platform of Battlefield.
WTF???????????????????

I lost motivation to fight after that >_>.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
so the best thing that i saw at the tourney other than the awesome matches was between the battle garbonzo vs. smashguy. it was on BF and garbonzo pulled out a grenade on the platform to the very right. smashguy was playing ROB and he went up to attack him but instead of making contact he completely whiffed it and garbonzo kept shielding and then the nade exploded. when it exploded his shield broke, leving him completely open for attack. well the ROB decided to fully charge an usmash below him. right before he released the smash a c4 exploded randomly, kills ROB, and saves garbonzos life. hands down the luckiest thing at the tournament. and quite possibly the funniest.
wow. im glad i didn't see that, cause i would've died laughing

Sworddancer9034

Smash Apprentice
*cough*ThatwasmeasROBnotsmashguy*cough*

and yes it was probabaly the funniest thing to happen to me in a match, I'm not even angry because of it.

Top Bottom