• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Falco's tips, advanced techniques, and others ~ (Directory)

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Blad's in his final year of school I think. Busybusy.

If there's anything to update I can take care of that.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
random tips

against diddy: Jump Cancel toss is better than glide toss, glide toss way too long

if MK is gliding at you, shield their glide attack and upsmash OOS immediately, should hit them.

Ozz, you never used Falco on me dang it x.x

Anyway, I do not think OoS Usmash has enough range perfectly spaced Glide Attack. Besides, I have seen MK avoid this by aiming for the shield in the upper corner of the shield and fall back down away from the person.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Yeah, you shouldn't try beating Glide attack with Usmash unless you force them to come under a platform.

I played a lot with Ksizzle this past saturday.

@Diddy SHL, JCIT, ???

Very safe set-up that forces defensive options (and 1 offensive OoS Hump).

erick gm14

Smash Ace
Yeah, you shouldn't try beating Glide attack with Usmash unless you force them to come under a platform.

I played a lot with Ksizzle this past saturday.

@Diddy SHL, JCIT, ???

Very safe set-up that forces defensive options (and 1 offensive OoS Hump).
unfortunately he sandbags a lot in friendlies >_>, face him in tourney and u see the true kelvin, lol hes gonna name search since u posted his name ..

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I dont sandbag. Im watching your habits to help you, and then i telll you what ur doing wrong. if im going to sandbag id rather not play. the game sucks enough anyway lol.

and in tourney erick you played badly, i played normally except i used a bit tornado more. i can tell becuz u didnt do ur normal smart stuff and instead fished for kills and kept air dodging into tornado and nair

erick gm14

Smash Ace
I dont sandbag. Im watching your habits to help you, and then i telll you what ur doing wrong. if im going to sandbag id rather not play. the game sucks enough anyway lol.

and in tourney erick you played badly, i played normally except i used a bit tornado more. i can tell becuz u didnt do ur normal smart stuff and instead fished for kills and kept air dodging into tornado and nair
i suck in tourney huh:laugh:

Run, press jump and Z. Is a little glide toss. Useful with TL, Fox or Snake.
With Snake, it's not that good. In fact, it's not useful
underload said:
Jump-Cancelled Item Throw [1]<-- rating
How To Perform:
The JCIT is a shallow technique by nature when used by Snake. For him, it's definitely an improvement over his glide toss, but he still rarely benefits from its effects. However, to perform it, you simply dash in one direction, do a quarter circle upward from the direction you're dashing, and throw the grenade via c-stick before you can actually jump. This isn't even the bare bones of the tech (barebones: put in a jump command and hit the c-stick in any direction before you actually jump), it's just the most common application. I'll explain a couple of more in the next section.

Why Learn It?:
This technique has potential, but in less obvious facets than you would think. One of my favorite applications is nade throw out of shield. All you do is hold down shield, jump, and throw the grenade as soon as possible. It's obviously quicker than dropping your shield first. Its only other real use is as an improved glide toss, which I mentioned above.
Oh btw: Nice thread blad

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Hey falco players, i have a question.....What stages is best to fight IC's on? *ponders* :mario:
I'm trying to help a friend out.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Hey falco players, i have a question.....What stages is best to fight IC's on? *ponders* :mario:
I'm trying to help a friend out.
Brinstar or Rainbow Cruise, basically any moving/transforming stage that forces them into the air and can save you from getting chaingrabbed, but tbh it is better to learn someone else for ICs, they are rly tough for Falco if the ICs player can CG. Although they are not Falco's worst MU so if you have enough experience in the MU it is winnable.

and btw, questions should go in the Q & A thread.

Denzi

Smash Master
i didn't dee the dash attack cancel in there, please include
It would be nice if you were more specific and/or supplied a link to the thread with whatever you're talking about.

And we can't guarantee it'll be put in any time soon, because we lost our dedicated mod and therefore can't really edit the first post.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Why is this here if we can just add it to the Falco guide? Much more convenient and organized (and updated) than this.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
OP updated with Xeylode's USmash guide

Top Bottom