• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Falco's tips, advanced techniques, and others ~ (Directory)

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't find a better place to put this, so..................

The match-up with Snake may be better now that I tested reflecting his U-Smash. Should try it when he snake-dashes or whatever they call it.

JordPWN

Smash Cadet
I may have discovered something, though I'd rather discuss it with someone else before starting a new thread.

This may be a way around the tripping animation before the Boost Smash. I was fooling around in Training Mode, going directly from crouch to upsmash. If you tilt the control-stick down -> diagonally down -> up+A you perform an upsmash with the momentum of your walking animation. Of course, the range isn't nearly as much as the boost smash, but it eliminates the likelihood of tripping, as well as opens up a safe(r) way to traverse the stage. You can string the upsmashes with no downtime between. It's also very simple, and doesn't require you to use the C-stick. This is likely possible with more characters, I just haven't been bothered to test it yet.

I don't have recording equipment, but feel free to PM if you do and I'll send you a recording I took.

JordPWN

Smash Cadet
So it's just walking and Up smashing?
Haha, well, it sounds like that, but more along the lines of taking the momentum from your walking without ever going into your walking/neutral animation and applying that to your upsmash. It has very little practical application, but it's interesting nonetheless. It's merely an alternative to boost smashing, for those that are afraid of tripping, or if you don't need to go quite as far. It can also be done holding the GC control normally, without having to move your right thumb to the C-Stick.

JordPWN

Smash Cadet
Nevermind, it does go into the dash animation. Nothing found. At least I didn't start a new thread about it ;P

PmanX

Smash Rookie
Oh yeah, you're probably right... Thanks D: !

I'm sad now.

Massiveguns

Smash Apprentice
has anyone messed around with illusion canceling at ledges. It is pretty useful and can be used to immediately illusion again for a delayed illusion or to double jump putting u high above where they would probably be expecting you to be.

(i am talking about the glitch where u hit the ledge and illusion and it just cancels and u have your double jump back *wolf does it the most*)

this is pretty easy to force by running off the ledge and illusioning back onto the stage right as your belt becomes level with the stage.

Stuart Hayden

Smash Rookie
Thanks for taking time to do this.

I figured most the this stuff out on my own with in the past 2 days. But it was my first time ever playing Brawl Falco. I usually used Ike or De3. I'm surprised a caught on to him as fast as I did in all reality of things.

But seeing it organized like this makes it a lot easier to comprehend and layout for myself so I can practice them more efficiently instead of constantly having to search for the videos or lose my place while practicing.

Any ways, thanks again.

TheStig

Smash Lord
i started using falco a little but but i just realized something with his lazers. i didn't know that you could face one direction then fire in the other.

superglucose

Smash Apprentice
I was playing against a G&W who kept down-throw -> down-smash comboing me, until something weird happened. I was down-throwed and thought I was going to get smashed again, but somehow I managed to time the roll in such a way that I rolled out of there the moment I touched the ground. G&W's down-smash missed entirely.

I don't think he forward or back threw me because it did look like a down throw. I'm not good enough to replicate the experience at all, and it may have just been a fluke, but I still want to report it because if it ISNT a fluke, that's a good trick to know.

AH-86

Smash Cadet
Hi, would you mind to include in your post the links that got the last update, for example:

Falco Frame date (last update on 10/21/2008).

If its on your time and willingness. I would appreciated a lot! :D:D

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
I like to edge guard people using Falco's Side-B its easier for me to do it on FD because I just have to knock them of the stage go to the middle of the stage short hop Side-B and DI towards the ledge its kind of advanced and hard to do but when you get a hang of it it becomes pretty easy to do also it looks Badass... just picture it:

"Link gets knocked off the stage and hes going to Zair the ledge but just a second before that Falco Teleports himself to the ledge and grabs it before Link can making him suicide thanks to his crappy recovery..."

I've done this to alot of people now and Its pretty fun also.

P.S Be careful this is also an easy way to suicide if you don't know what Your doing.
Falco Illusion edge guard for the win!!

lilt

Smash Journeyman
I tried a lot at the DLX/ Gattling Combo for Falco. Sometimes worked, often not.
I would delight some tips to handle it.
greetZ lilt

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
I like to edge guard people using Falco's Side-B its easier for me to do it on FD because I just have to knock them of the stage go to the middle of the stage short hop Side-B and DI towards the ledge its kind of advanced and hard to do but when you get a hang of it it becomes pretty easy to do also it looks Badass... just picture it:

"Link gets knocked off the stage and hes going to Zair the ledge but just a second before that Falco Teleports himself to the ledge and grabs it before Link can making him suicide thanks to his crappy recovery..."

I've done this to alot of people now and Its pretty fun also.

P.S Be careful this is also an easy way to suicide if you don't know what Your doing.
Falco Illusion edge guard for the win!!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I just discovered the ultimate AT. I think I'll call it walking. It's really hard to perform, you have to tilt the control stick just enough that you don't dash. Use it! It's hella useful!

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Hmmm I remember reading that in one Marth Boards Guide... Nice Try Teran17.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Wasn't that about the Pivotwalking nonsense?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
No... I'm talking about walking... What's your deal anyway? Is it because someone else did something similar to you recently, and so you feel like picking on poor little me as a consequence? :(

EDIT: Omg I just found it on the Marth Boards. **** you, you were right! Ok I lose... as master hand would say....FAILURE

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
No... I'm talking about walking... What's your deal anyway? Is it because someone else did something similar to you recently, and so you feel like picking on poor little me as a consequence? :(
LOL You just admited you DID copied that joke from the Marth boards :ohwell:
This is what the guy from the Marth boards put:

Walking:

New Advanced Technique Confirmed! Walking, LAWL!

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
LOL You just admited you DID copied that joke from the Marth boards :ohwell:
This is what the guy from the Marth boards put:

Walking:

New Advanced Technique Confirmed! Walking, LAWL!
Calm down sweetheart... I didn't copy knowingly, you can be beaten to jokes ya know.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
has the board discovered this? i was searching around and couldnt find it

you run to the edge phantasm backwards and you will drop into an edgeguard

its like you slide into the edgeguard

i dont know if this useful but definetly flashy

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
No thanks. I don't got the time to insult someone online . =/
contradict much?

anyways.... this thread has helped me quite a bit. i mained falco in melee and when brawl came out i started maining DK. now i finally decided to go back to the ace pilot and eat some of those "pizza cakes" he talks about so much lol.

Top Bottom