• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Falco's tips, advanced techniques, and others ~ (Directory)

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
contradict much?

anyways.... this thread has helped me quite a bit. i mained falco in melee and when brawl came out i started maining DK. now i finally decided to go back to the ace pilot and eat some of those "pizza cakes" he talks about so much lol.

Yup Contradict much. :)

Ohh and its called bread
"HAANDS OFF MAH BREAAD"

Royale

Smash Journeyman
Here something else to look at as well,

Falco's Idle Animation Glitch

Im sure other people have noticed this but heres a video with me in training mode showing it off. Since you need to have the camera relatively close to Falco's model in order to see the animation distortion.

Watch his hand and you'll see 2 or 3 polygon faces 'pop' up during his idling animation. This is a common, but fixable problem when it comes to animating really, and it does happen usually during the animating process. Those few polygons just weren't 'assigned' to move with the animation skeleton built for the model, when it goes into idle mode. It doesnt do nor mean anything bad, its just a visual type of distortion. Also note that this only happends on Falco's RIGHT HAND. His left hand is totally fine. Yet you can only see the distortion on the right hand when its up close, and when Falco is facing screen right.

Fitty

Smash Cadet
hmm a good finishing tip with falco can be shdl to gluide smash.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
In which case SHSL > Boost Smash is the preferred...

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
BUt the seccond laser of SHDL (if you do it right) should be silent, so it still works and (possibly) has a better chance of catching your opponent off gaurd.
My SHDLs are too spamalicious for me to time them to have a consistently silent second laser. My SHLs are always silent though so I stick with that.

Adler

Smash Apprentice
What's that thing Falco can do with the Green Shell called?
I'm sure it has a name.
Where you fast fall and throw the shell downwards. Jump on it and pick it up again in the air (you stay in the air indefinately if you do it right).

Denzi

Smash Master
What's that thing Falco can do with the Green Shell called?
I'm sure it has a name.
Where you fast fall and throw the shell downwards. Jump on it and pick it up again in the air (you stay in the air indefinately if you do it right).
Shell Hopping/Shell Stalling.

(It doesn't really have a name, so that's what I'm going to call it.)

Denzi

Smash Master
I found some really cool tips guys!!

first off if you press B a lot it makes people come to you!

then if they get too close side b!

then repeat the process!!!

don't worry though, it's doesnt take too much thought!!
+1 post count for Ozz?
(Seriously what was the point of that?)

Hyo

Smash Journeyman
I found some really cool tips guys!!

first off if you press B a lot it makes people come to you!

then if they get too close side b!

then repeat the process!!!

don't worry though, it's doesnt take too much thought!!

I dunno man, that AT sounds hard to master.

Air King

Smash Rookie
Oooh, I should read up on this while I got the chance, that way I'm good for the tournament this weekend :x

Zanthos25

Smash Cadet
Check out my post in Fluke's topic:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=145900&page=13

I'm curious to see if anyone can get any use out of it.

I've discovered a sort of "stall" laser game using the method above. Basically you can keep Full jump shining in place or use your momentum to move around the stage. You laser/silent laser before you hit the ground and can even change your direction mid-flight. Your opponent would pretty much be forced to approach. It creates a nice "wall" effect also, the shine covers opponents trying to approach in the air, and the laser keeps grounded foes pressured.

Wish I had a video of this.

Zario777

Smash Apprentice
I found out a cool technique with the Falco Phantasm (not sure if any1 found this out b4 me so this is the disclaimer). You know when you use his side+B and it doesn't get much DI afterwards? You know how when you cancel it, you get more DI, but less distance? Well, (not sure when the exact timing is) if you press Side+B and tap B (the way I do it), then you might get lucky and do a full Side+B, and get the DI of the canceled Side+B(if done correctly). I don't have a video for proof, but you can try it out on your own.

Denzi

Smash Master
I found out a cool technique with the Falco Phantasm (not sure if any1 found this out b4 me so this is the disclaimer). You know when you use his side+B and it doesn't get much DI afterwards? You know how when you cancel it, you get more DI, but less distance? Well, (not sure when the exact timing is) if you press Side+B and tap B (the way I do it), then you might get lucky and do a full Side+B, and get the DI of the canceled Side+B(if done correctly). I don't have a video for proof, but you can try it out on your own.
We know this already. It's the third and longest canceled Phantasm.

Top Bottom