• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event 52 - PREREGISTRATION REQUIRED - $500 OOS Bonus- Kansas City, KS - Oct 18th-19th

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Oh I can also bring a setup, so put me down for one of those ^_^

This tournament is looking to be pretty insane. I didn't know what I was getting myself in to....

Is Forward going? Mango has him down as his teammate.....

Hey FL, why isn't Da Shiz going?

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Shiz isn't going because he has to clear it with his brother, who has a really tight schedule/money issues/time issues.

I don't blame him, although I would have really liked for them to go.

Who knows, maybe they might still come.

And no, Forward isn't coming >.>

friggin MaNg0r

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
"The tournament features a large ball room venue at the newly constructed Regnier Center at a local community college. It is provided to us by the GIG club (game interest group). The venue can hold up to 300 people. There will be approximately 24-32 setups so everything runs smooth and finished on time."

This is gonna be so broke!!!

I believe i can bring a setup...if the airlines allow it -______-

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
mango lets team i took third at a big tourney over here =/ but cave is gonna train me too now :D

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Pictures of the venue / what to expect

I have a couple photographs taken from inside the same venue when it was being used by the Game Interest Group before for the "GigaBrawl" End-of-Spring 2008 tournament.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e202/PerfectDuck/GigaBrawl/IMG_1721.jpg
Dmac, Darkrain, Chexr, Flux in 2vs2 finals

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e202/PerfectDuck/IMG_1720.jpg
Television sets provided by the college

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e202/PerfectDuck/IMG_1727.jpg
Setups brought in by players

This was a Brawl tournament with 78 entrants in Singles, and it went quite smoothly. Clearly, the place has the capacity for more. We've got a microphone/PA system that makes calling matches out during brackets very easy, and we can also put the tournament listings up on the big-screen projectors. Each projector is tied to an internet-capable computer, too, so I was able to visually show people with Google Maps how to get to the nearby Taco Bell. We can watch youtube videos, too. It's gonna be awesome filling this place up!

Wife

Smash Lord

wow wow wow.
wow @ this tournament not being sticked on tournament listings. We have 100 people registered and ridiculous OOS attendance. East Coast, Northeast, MW, West Coast, and Texas/Florida. And Canada. Does Captain Jack need to come before this gets a sticky?
wow @ the pics of the venue. **** looks sick. If this has good tourny hosting it could be the 3rd best Melee tourny ever (2nd is FC3 and 1st is GS2, obvi)
wow @ how epic this thing is.

Tickets booked, but I'm waiting to register til I get a partner. I'm, like, really good at Melee. I've been placing at national tournies since before a lot of these kids learned how to wavedash. Forget Mango and M2K and all that nonsense, Wifey is old shool baby! No school like the old school . . . who wants to team?

dmac

Smash Champion
also an important thing to notice in those pictures are the chairs. the chairs have a firm fabric back and seating area. it is not hard plastic. they are some of the most comfortable tournament chairs you will ever sit on. haha :)

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Sooo I want to money match a few good ppl so that I can get better, friendlies are okay, but nothing is like a solid 1$ mm!!! >.>

Eggz, Mango, M2K, Darkrain, Wife, Chexr!

for 1 dollar each I'm poor and not good enough to make tons of money like you guys.

Anyone else since I don't know everyone whos going so far?

Jesi

Smash Ace
Thanks wife, apparently PM's weren't important enough -_- lol.

Sorry for the delay on updating this weekend. darkrain came to visit meeee down in Texas so I was a little busy hehe ^_^

I updated to 106, if you have registered and you're not on the list shoot me an email, you may have been added and I just missed you on the page update. Kinda have to go through the submissions to make sure no one does something dumb...

like register that melee sucks and brawl owns... cause you know that didn't happen at all -_- *sigh*

-jesi
melee@jmloredo.com

Jesi

Smash Ace
ugh either my computer has a problem w/ smashboards or my internet is doing dumb stuff.. sorry for the double post... again <.< lol

Zicore

Smash Champion
just curious when the best time for drivers to get into phatgamers house? I know sometime friday we will be getting in, but we would plan around his timeframe.

There are 4 of us coming from chicago.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Anytime Friday should be good to show up. I can house GA and MN. Anyone else need housing that I've missed? Lookin at close to 60 people that I'm housing....ya'll better smell good or I'm gonna go through a lot of febreze.

EDIT: Dudes from TX that pm'ed me, yeah I can house you. Just bring pillows/blankets/etc.

For anyone driving my address is:
1111 NE Waterfield Village Dr.
Blue Springs, MO

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
well idk if i'm gonna do the mattress match or not, cuz uh... i can beat every smasher up basically and just steal it so i win.

o and because i will probably want more sleep anyways since that tourney won't get over till like 5 lol

Top Bottom