• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Emblem Lord's Emo Moment

napZzz

Smash Hero
Lately I have just been feeling like there is no point. I go to tournies and I place well, but I lose to Snake's and MK's. I feel like other Marth players are going through the same thing all across the world.

I also just feel like Marth's popularity is on the decline. He hasn't really been repped during the summer at all and he isn't doing nearly as well as he used to in tournies. I know this is because the pros have turned their backs on him and because Marth doesn't have alot of gimmicks like CGing and things like that. And it doesn't help that his moveset is mostly unchanged and that you CAN play him like his Melee counter part. This leads people to pre-judge Marth and abandon him for other characters.

The other thing that just bugs me is that I CONSTANTLY find the other boards/posters underestimating Marth and perpetuating false info about him or his match-ups. It's simply exhausting and extremely frustrating. I'm tired of defending Marth or trying to convince people that he is actually good. It's tiresome.

And as Marth continues to become more and more unpopular, more and more people will continue to misunderstand what he is capable of.

Another thing that I have just have to accept, is that Marth will NEVER be winning tournies consistently. He isn't good enough. He will never be on the level of MK or Snake. Those two are broken characters and Marth just isn't. So no matter how much work the Marth community puts into Marth, I find myself feeling like it's all in vain.

Which of course...pisses me the **** off.

And of course. Brawl isn't exactly an amazing game. Actually let's be real, it's a bad game. So, now I'm asking myself, "What's the point?" Why am I repping Marth so hard and doing all this work for a character who most likely will never be given any respect and will probably never become popular again?

It just seems so pointless. People in this board will see the dumbest things about Marth, like how SH fair is all he is or other nonsense like that and I don't even have the drive to correct them anymore. I don't even want to debate his match-ups anymore with other people.

And I'm also questioning should I even stay apart of this community. The Smash community has fallen and my crew that was influential in NJ's tournament scene is dying and lost pretty much all of it's unfluence. They are stuck on Melee for the most part, which I want nothing to do with, so now I feel as though I really have no reason so continue on with being apart of this community.

I know this will upset alot of you, but that's really how I feel. I haven't made up my mind yet, but...there it is.

Thoughts/comments?
good god

dont cry because your character has TWO bad match ups and you cant win them. One which is VERY difficult (not just for marth) and one which is do able, just difficult. Things wont come to you easy so quit *****in and just get better.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
good god

dont cry because your character has TWO bad match ups and you cant win them. One which is VERY difficult (not just for marth) and one which is do able, just difficult. Things wont come to you easy so quit *****in and just get better.
Shut up. READ THE **** DATE! Wow. Steel just bumped this for fun.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I wish Ness was as good as Marth is in Brawl. I would be content with that? Got over you emo moment yet? (to lazy to read through topic)

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Well, I hope your not still considering leaving.

The way I see it, we need a Marth authority, and you are that authority. Hell, even I've learned a few things about playing Marth from your threads.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Well, I hope your not still considering leaving.

The way I see it, we need a Marth authority, and you are that authority. Hell, even I've learned a few things about playing Marth from your threads.
good god

I wish Ness was as good as Marth is in Brawl. I would be content with that? Got over you emo moment yet? (to lazy to read through topic)
THIS IS FROM THE SUMMER!!!!! Settle down guys, this is so old, god. See what thou hast wrought Steel?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Omg Emblem Lord, you're such a newb emo. Get over yourself!

SERIOUSLY. WHO WOULD CRY OVER SOME BAD MATCHUPS. MARTH SUCKS. MAN UP. or something.

You guys are totally asking for a piece of history to get locked up ;_;

Fatalzyntax

Smash Apprentice
you are our teacher, you are the one who is teaching us, we are the Marths who will fullfil your dream to Marth's pure ownage
But we all have to start somewhere... show us the way Emblem-sama!
so we can one day surpass you and dair MK's and Snakes at the same time!

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
flash forward 5 months and wait...MKs are still ****** many marths...his prophecy is being fulfilled as we speak.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I suppose it's that time of year where we must offer tribute of amazing feet to our great overlord.

I'll be doing acid w/ TL players whilst coloring while you guys do that.

cman

Smash Ace
You would type in gray.
I was totally working the pink like three months ago (in name at least). Everyone who just got a pink name should have to pay me like $.10 every time they post. Sound good? Great.

I like green

Alterhalo

Smash Journeyman
Man you have influenced me to become better with Marth to become as best as I can possibly be with Marth so I can crush MetaKnights

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Lately I have just been feeling like there is no point. I go to tournies and I place well, but I lose to Snake's and MK's. I feel like other Marth players are going through the same thing all across the world.

I also just feel like Marth's popularity is on the decline. He hasn't really been repped during the summer at all and he isn't doing nearly as well as he used to in tournies. I know this is because the pros have turned their backs on him and because Marth doesn't have alot of gimmicks like CGing and things like that. And it doesn't help that his moveset is mostly unchanged and that you CAN play him like his Melee counter part. This leads people to pre-judge Marth and abandon him for other characters.

The other thing that just bugs me is that I CONSTANTLY find the other boards/posters underestimating Marth and perpetuating false info about him or his match-ups. It's simply exhausting and extremely frustrating. I'm tired of defending Marth or trying to convince people that he is actually good. It's tiresome.

And as Marth continues to become more and more unpopular, more and more people will continue to misunderstand what he is capable of.

Another thing that I have just have to accept, is that Marth will NEVER be winning tournies consistently. He isn't good enough. He will never be on the level of MK or Snake. Those two are broken characters and Marth just isn't. So no matter how much work the Marth community puts into Marth, I find myself feeling like it's all in vain.

Which of course...pisses me the **** off.

And of course. Brawl isn't exactly an amazing game. Actually let's be real, it's a bad game. So, now I'm asking myself, "What's the point?" Why am I repping Marth so hard and doing all this work for a character who most likely will never be given any respect and will probably never become popular again?

It just seems so pointless. People in this board will see the dumbest things about Marth, like how SH fair is all he is or other nonsense like that and I don't even have the drive to correct them anymore. I don't even want to debate his match-ups anymore with other people.

And I'm also questioning should I even stay apart of this community. The Smash community has fallen and my crew that was influential in NJ's tournament scene is dying and lost pretty much all of it's unfluence. They are stuck on Melee for the most part, which I want nothing to do with, so now I feel as though I really have no reason so continue on with being apart of this community.

I know this will upset alot of you, but that's really how I feel. I haven't made up my mind yet, but...there it is.

Thoughts/comments?
Shhh..it's okay Emblem Lord. Just play Melee. It'll make the pain go away.

And also, watch this. It might help reassure you that Marth is and will always be amazing.

Top Bottom