• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Emblem Lord's Emo Moment

sephiroth_fan

Smash Cadet
Proverbs, THIS IS OLD!
u realize that song in urr signature is over 3 yrs old

it used to be Ken's favorite song too but then he graduated middle school :(

i don think green looks wel w the pink either do it like steel hes matchin u know but maybe not exactly like him cuz thats plagairism

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
I don't think MK is as good as people make him out to be. He never wins any major tournies, and doesn't have what it takes to be "the best character." People say he's good because a lot of people place high with him, but you never see one actually winning a tourney. Off the top of my head, the top tourney winners so far have been Snake, Lucario, DeDeDe, Falco, IC's, Wario. Not a single MK taking first. M2K seconds MK, but thats about the closest you'll get.

Give it time Emblem Lord. Like you always tell me, train and power up to the next level.

Also, although Ken hasn't made an appearance at any Brawl tournies yet, he thinks Marth has potential to be top tier...Some may discredit Ken, but you have to remember he is a genius at Smash. I'm interested to see his Marth.
rofl MY GODDD

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Uhhh....Im speechless after that quote xD

Happy birthday Emblem Lord, hopefully he sees our posts xD

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Emblem Lord, don't be emo! Marth DOES have the tools to win! He has juggle traps on Snake and grab release combos on MK!

It's not like the game engine makes it so Snake never dies and that MK grab release combos are just a mere saving grace to not push the match-up ratio down farther! This game has potential! There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS SHINY WII GAME! It's not like setting up either is hard too! You go up in front of their face and press Shield+A with the GCN controller! =DDDDDDD

Come back Emblem Lord; we need you to lead us to win tourneys! We can do it. The statistics are there!

No lie! I'm serious!

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Emblem Lord is too good. Remember that.

Its a social group ppl! Join!

I see EL around in other threads. He's been spreading common sense to the general discussion.

znb1000

Smash Rookie
Yoh Emblem Lord, I dont know where u live but i would like to say that the marth here is kinda diffrent. Im still a begginer to brawl and marth for that matter but i must say that here marth is probally the most used and effective charecter. I started maining mark because my cousin who won couple tourneys told me that even a year after the release marth is one of the only charecters that still have untapped potential and the most unique charecter. Here MK and Snake are good but not the best People here seem to be able to defeat snakes range and nade counter with marths counter and meta knights tornado is sheiled while his ariels are countered. The top tier here are marth and first than lucas (wierd i know) and Luigi. As for u leaving I really hope u dont cause ill really miss ur writing. I think that the marth community will grow once we learn to be flexible because i beileve thats what makes marth amazing, his many options at all times and his speed to transfer from plan a to plan b

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Yoh Emblem Lord, I dont know where u live but i would like to say that the marth here is kinda diffrent. Im still a begginer to brawl and marth for that matter but i must say that here marth is probally the most used and effective charecter. I started maining mark because my cousin who won couple tourneys told me that even a year after the release marth is one of the only charecters that still have untapped potential and the most unique charecter. Here MK and Snake are good but not the best People here seem to be able to defeat snakes range and nade counter with marths counter and meta knights tornado is sheiled while his ariels are countered. The top tier here are marth and first than lucas (wierd i know) and Luigi. As for u leaving I really hope u dont cause ill really miss ur writing. I think that the marth community will grow once we learn to be flexible because i beileve thats what makes marth amazing, his many options at all times and his speed to transfer from plan a to plan b
yea man i no wat ur sayin over here no one uses mk neways cause we all play jiggs and DI into rest the nado everytime if only jigglypuff had a hard counter owell i guess im stuk with this crappy metagame oh and no one plays snake here becaause hes slow n jigglypuff gimps him really bad hey man we shud exchange metagame altering ideas sometime, im me sometime, my aim is steel2nd

Player-3

Smash Hero
yea man i no wat ur sayin over here no one uses mk neways cause we all play jiggs and DI into rest the nado everytime if only jigglypuff had a hard counter owell i guess im stuk with this crappy metagame oh and no one plays snake here becaause hes slow n jigglypuff gimps him really bad hey man we shud exchange metagame altering ideas sometime, im me sometime, my aim is steel2nd
No, im with taht guy

luigi is pretty ****ing broken.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
You're going to regret that PD when znb 3 stocks M2K in some tournament and revolutionizes Captain Falcon's metagame a year from now.

And he'll just be like no, I don't wanna be your friend now. QQ

znb1000

Smash Rookie
Oh one more thing I think marths beauty is that his combos are invisible. like you know how some people play chess where it seems like he's just defending and setting up a solid defence while trying to envade one square at a time and suddlenly in one turn bam he crashes in and kills you in 1-3 turns? I think thats how marth works. Sure this came doesn't have hitstun but thats ok because i think that marth is worthwhile at being aggresive. Seriously, marths aggresiveness comes from continually racking small damage. Like a db upward out of nowhere and a back air to gain space than pusuit him with a fair and etc.. I beileve marths aggresive combos are basically moves with knockback (sideways or vertical) to gain distance to keep urself safe, than close the distance, and attack to gain more distance, till u can ko, edgehog (marth rocks at this i think) or spike (seriously marths spike options are godly)

znb1000

Smash Rookie
thanks for all the support. I promise not to let u down look me up in a few months lol

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Oh one more thing I think marths beauty is that his combos are invisible. like you know how some people play chess where it seems like he's just defending and setting up a solid defence while trying to envade one square at a time and suddlenly in one turn bam he crashes in and kills you in 1-3 turns? I think thats how marth works. Sure this came doesn't have hitstun but thats ok because i think that marth is worthwhile at being aggresive. Seriously, marths aggresiveness comes from continually racking small damage. Like a db upward out of nowhere and a back air to gain space than pusuit him with a fair and etc.. I beileve marths aggresive combos are basically moves with knockback (sideways or vertical) to gain distance to keep urself safe, than close the distance, and attack to gain more distance, till u can ko, edgehog (marth rocks at this i think) or spike (seriously marths spike options are godly)
i no wat ur sayin all the time i find myself doin a lot of ken combos thats how i win against lvl 9s a lot but sumtimes they mindgame me and beat me so i hav 2 use jigglypuff man u rite brilliantly if we sumhow came 2gether and discussed things we cud change the smash community or hell man even the world ur speeches r butiful i almost shed a tear when u sed that thing bout crashin n killin

znb1000

Smash Rookie
hey emblem lord, steel2nd and all marth mains. I think that we need to research marth on the edge. I was fighting my cousin and this huge shock came to me. I was at 180% my cousin at 30, im on the ledge and hes right above me (seriously i beleive thats marths worst nightmare to me) and i ledgehop fair and hit him with the hilt of the blade and bam spike straight down and i got onto the platform. If this wasnt a one time thing and we can find ways to mindgame people to stand above us when we on ledge. This could be the break to take marth past snake (seriously metanight is almost nothing compared to marths due to how singleminded mk players are)

znb1000

Smash Rookie
g2g hope to see u guys soon and emblem lord ur articles are the reason to make me try and find marths options. I think that the marth communities key to showing the world that marth belongs in the SSSSSSSSSSS Rank is to continue to find new options plans techniques etc. Seriously what do some other toptier charecters have? Lets analyze. MK has 2 things and thats basically it ariels and tornado (ariels include upb and his jumping ability). While Snake has range and pressure. DEDEDE has chain grab and good power with nice float ability while falco basically has good pressure with lazer and phantom and a chain grab to back up. marth however does not excell at any of these. Hes above average (85 out of 100) in all of these. So what makes him amazing? The players ability to use his mind and anylze. Marth is like a human. We humans are slower than the cheetah, weeker than the lion. We cant fly like the eagle, we cant swim like the shark. Yet we are the most advaced due to our mind and what we created. Marth is the same. We need to use marths abilities and our minds to create cars that can go faster than cheetahs, guns that can overpower lions, Aiplanes that fly faster than eagles and submarnies that let us swim like the shark. Marth is probally the charecter which when u play with a clear mind and use what we can to find answers to stuff we cant do. That is the key to marths power. Nintendo didn't make charecters unbalanced. Every charecter has more potential than were ever untapped. The meta now is just skin deep where all we are looking at is the abilites that every charecter has by itself. Thats why marth isnt great. Because we havnt tapped into the mind. Like my cousin says. Marth is the charecter thats basic abilities is most like us humans (ike is way to strong) so that means that marth is also the charecter that has the deepest thoughts and the best ability to adapt ( thats what we humans do best) Which in the end shows that since we are the kings of the animal kingdom marth will be the king of Brawl

znb1000

Smash Rookie
oh and punishment if u want to talk about the meta befirned me and we can chat about it

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
znb i agree except i think that link is the only character better than marth becus he doesnt just hav a sword but he has bombs and bomberang and one more thing i cant remember. but becus of that i think he surpasses marht. thoughts??

Player-3

Smash Hero
hey emblem lord, steel2nd and all marth mains. I think that we need to research marth on the edge. I was fighting my cousin and this huge shock came to me. I was at 180% my cousin at 30, im on the ledge and hes right above me (seriously i beleive thats marths worst nightmare to me) and i ledgehop fair and hit him with the hilt of the blade and bam spike straight down and i got onto the platform. If this wasnt a one time thing and we can find ways to mindgame people to stand above us when we on ledge. This could be the break to take marth past snake (seriously metanight is almost nothing compared to marths due to how singleminded mk players are)
HEADSHOT

g2g hope to see u guys soon and emblem lord ur articles are the reason to make me try and find marths options. I think that the marth communities key to showing the world that marth belongs in the SSSSSSSSSSS Rank is to continue to find new options plans techniques etc. Seriously what do some other toptier charecters have? Lets analyze. MK has 2 things and thats basically it ariels and tornado (ariels include upb and his jumping ability). While Snake has range and pressure. DEDEDE has chain grab and good power with nice float ability while falco basically has good pressure with lazer and phantom and a chain grab to back up. marth however does not excell at any of these. Hes above average (85 out of 100) in all of these. So what makes him amazing? The players ability to use his mind and anylze. Marth is like a human. We humans are slower than the cheetah, weeker than the lion. We cant fly like the eagle, we cant swim like the shark. Yet we are the most advaced due to our mind and what we created. Marth is the same. We need to use marths abilities and our minds to create cars that can go faster than cheetahs, guns that can overpower lions, Aiplanes that fly faster than eagles and submarnies that let us swim like the shark. Marth is probally the charecter which when u play with a clear mind and use what we can to find answers to stuff we cant do. That is the key to marths power. Nintendo didn't make charecters unbalanced. Every charecter has more potential than were ever untapped. The meta now is just skin deep where all we are looking at is the abilites that every charecter has by itself. Thats why marth isnt great. Because we havnt tapped into the mind. Like my cousin says. Marth is the charecter thats basic abilities is most like us humans (ike is way to strong) so that means that marth is also the charecter that has the deepest thoughts and the best ability to adapt ( thats what we humans do best) Which in the end shows that since we are the kings of the animal kingdom marth will be the king of Brawl
DOUBLE KILL

oh and punishment if u want to talk about the meta befirned me and we can chat about it
TRIPLE KIlLLLL

-_

i love this topic

plz dont infract me virg i only needz 1 moar point 2 b bannd for some amount of tiem agin
<333??

znb1000

Smash Rookie
oh and bengals i would agree with u about his land game but his air game link is at a huge disadvantage due to his bad ariels and recovery and bad jumping ability

Albert.

Smash Master
LFMAO at ZNB

real good stuff. Whether or not you're intentionally funny Its still good ****.

At Pierce: I think Emblem Lord quit brawl. :/ lol so I don't really think he'd care about what goes on in his old thread.

why won't my new sig show ?

:(

well anyway's this is it

So what makes him amazing? The players ability to use his mind and anylze. Marth is like a human. We humans are slower than the cheetah, weeker than the lion. We cant fly like the eagle, we cant swim like the shark. Yet we are the most advaced due to our mind and what we created. Marth is the same. We need to use marths abilities and our minds to create cars that can go faster than cheetahs, guns that can overpower lions, Aiplanes that fly faster than eagles and submarnies that let us swim like the shark.

lmfao

Top Bottom