• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Emblem Lord's Emo Moment

eskimo bob

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, that was a failure, but I am glad there is some hope.
"this was a triumph..." yeah, this years E3 was completely the opposite of everyones expectations (to the sony fanboys pleasure.) I want a real zelda wii or new super mario bros 2, heck even another nes remake for the ds/gba would be great! no news on street fighter either :/

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
The funny thing is, even though Nintendo's E3 was awful, they're still probably going to make a ridiculous amount of money.

Crow!

Smash Lord
Say what you like about Marth's popularity, according to the stickied favorite/main character poll, Marth is on top.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
err... if you didn't like Melee and don't like Brawl now, why exactly do you play, stay active in the community, and rep Marth so much?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Swords are cool, Fire Emblem is cool, Marth is cool, I like Marth's gameplay because it reminds me of Street Fighter (using pokes to control your opponent with really precise spacing), Spacing is cool.

But mainly because Smash is the biggest community for a competitive fighter so I don't have to try as hard to find people to play with. Also I got into the community before I had my car and my license. If I had gotten my license before I got into this community I would be playing Street Fighter right now.

But when Soul Caliber 4 and Street Fighter 4 come out and I get my PS3, you probably won't see as much as me.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I see, it just seems a bit odd that you are as in to it as you are and you don't even like the game.

Anyways, if you're mainly after Street Fighter and Soul Calibur then why not go 360? More/Better games IMO and less money...

Lol, i can see this becoming a 360 v PS3 thread now.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Yup.

Till God of War 3 that is. hehe.

Also the reason why I was into it is because I knew Marth had alot of hidden potential and I like researching fighting games. This was uncharted territory. People just assumed Marth was the same, when he wasn't. It was a chance to dig deep into his metagame and make my mark on the Smash community. In doing so I have laid the ground work for Marth's metagame in Brawl and grasped immortality. My name is forever etched in the history of this community as well as in the minds of all Marth players everywhere.

That and discovering things in fighting games is cool.

Edit: I think PS3 gets Star Ocean 4 while the 360 gets the Star Ocean prequel.

Amide

Smash Lord
I must say, I was surprised in learning of all the time you spend in Brawl that you don't like it, and even more surprised to learn you don't like Melee.

I main MK, but it's starting to get less fun. If MK and Snake were banned, Brawl would become a deep game. Unfortunately, that will never happen.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Yup.

Till God of War 3 that is. hehe.

Also the reason why I was into it is because I knew Marth had alot of hidden potential and I like researching fighting games. This was uncharted territory. People just assumed Marth was the same, when he wasn't. It was a chance to dig deep into his metagame and make my mark on the Smash community. In doing so I have laid the ground work for Marth's metagame in Brawl and grasped immortality. My name is forever etched in the history of this community as well as in the minds of all Marth players everywhere.

That and discovering things in fighting games is cool.

Edit: I think PS3 gets Star Ocean 4 while the 360 gets the Star Ocean prequel.
Star Ocean 4 IS the prequel xD, they just named it "The Last Hope" for the NTSC versions.

Either way, even if Sony didn't announce it, I'm still not getting a PS3 xD

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
360 is dominating the RPG market:

Star Ocean
Infinite Undiscovery
Tales of Vesperia
Last Remnant
Final Fantasy XIII
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Oblivion
Blue Dragon
Eternal Sonata
Fallout 3

Probably some more great ones I just forgot about as well.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Only two of those are exclusive I believe.

The rest are on both systems.

360 is however, dominating the shooter genre.

Amide

Smash Lord
Brawl has way more problems then just two broken characters.
Hitstun, chains, tripping, floaty, little difference between skill levels, no wavedashing, no LCancelling, no other ATs...

It just wouldn't suck as much competitively without Snake or MK.

Mighty_mo76

Smash Apprentice
*Ignores TLink_King*

Hey if you like shooters, go 360.
But IMHO, PS3 is too much money.They look cool and all (cooler than 360's) but I'm not into all the racing games they got. (GT5 prologue and all the others)

If I could I'd get a 360. Definitely. Just saying EL. Think about it. (then again 360's blow up in 3 weeks...:p)

∫unk

Smash Master
Brawl is fun for the community. There are better fighters out there.

It's also fun because everyone and anyone plays Brawl, hell my little cousins play brawl and it's fun to go 3 v 1.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I'm probably like... the only one here who likes the 360

I'm no fanboy, though. I'm just waiting for Star Ocean 4 and FFXIII...

Of course, I actually would prefer FFXIII for the PS3, because of the PS long line of rpg's (plus the controller suits it well), but since I can't afford a one, I'll just have to stick with what I have.

Now, any of us wouldn't be saying that ^ if we were like... frakin' rich

Sawyer aka Wolf

Smash Rookie
Well I heard Marth isnt really well in Brawl, but I play him everytime in Melee...hes my favorite character. Not only that i would continue playing him in Brawl once I played. Rep your character man. No one can take that from you.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Too bad this got unstickied...

And Sawyer more people will respect you here if you use proper grammar and they will take you seriously if they can understand what you are saying. Just my opinion, I respect people more if they use proper grammar and I can understand them...

Naglfar

Smash Rookie
Snake and Meta Knight likely won't be at the top forever. If people found counters to Sheik in Melee, why can't we find counters to Brawl's broken characters?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I come back after a long hiatus, and I see Emblem Lord breaking down? C'mon! I think ur getting the long term version of a dry spell. take a break, why don't ya. btw, I've seen Snake going down in power, he really is only at top because he ***** MK so hard. If I mained for group wins, I wouldn't have been a Lucario/Marth mix. I like Marth, he's a different beast from Melee IMO, and unlike most cheap chars (Pit, MK, etc) I think past the fair spam, Marth actually takes SKILL to use. He's got good assets. I think the main disdainer is that everyone thinks "lol, effeminate gay guy with a sword!". We just need some propoganda...
*looks for Mao Zedong poster pics on google, does cheap MS Paint job of replacing Mao in each pic with Marth*

Salaad

Smash Ace
Lol, I remember when Emblem Lord used to give me the advice and I got got a lot better, if it wasn't for you I probably would've given up on Marth. Btw, the 360 community is a lot better (Plus you can play with M2k and DSF)

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
This made me very sad. "With Zelda, we have to consider how to make it accessible for new gamers to pick up and play and enjoy just as hardcore gamers have*." - Miyamoto (Gamesradar) http://www.gamesradar.com/f/e3-08-an-11-step-recipe-for-a-mostly-crap-e3/a-2008071815575968004

*Past tense alert!

Oh and "One question asked of Miyamoto was Wii Music's qualifications as a game. You know, a game game. Since Wii Music has no discernible scoring system, no goals and little in the way of those squishy innards that makes a game a 'game,' isn't it just a 'musical toy'? That was the question posed by one European journo.

'Yes, that's right,' Miyamoto curtly replied 'And that's why it's better than a video game.'" (Kotaku) http://kotaku.com/5026431/miyamoto-wii-music-is-better-than-a-video-game

And everyone who has gone hands on with Wii Music (that I know of), say it's terrible, making even the most casual games out there seem as hard as Contra 4.

*Sigh

Just whatever you do don't **** Zelda please.

EDIT: I just read this, it gave me a little hope. http://www.edge-online.com/news/miyamoto-e3-no-longer-best-place-core-games

IrArby

Smash Ace
Most dissapointing info in this thread is EL never like Melee.

Whats not to like . . . ?

I say that semi-jokingly but seriously, in what way does it fall short?

IDK . . .

Top Bottom