• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Emblem Lord's BFF Jesiah

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
So, just wanted to point out to people, especially Everlasting Yayuhzz, who basically came into the matchup thread and called EL an idiot and said EL is too inexperienced to be talking about matchups. Marth vs MK is EVEN if anything at a slight disadvantage to MK. I watched Neo's Marth beat Forte's MK...Probably the 2nd best MK in the world. There's only one MK better, and it's M2K's. Regardless of who is better, the fact is that Marth vs MK is NOT a **** matchup, just like Emblem Lord tried to tell you all by pointing out facts and statistics, and providing very detailed matchup characteristics. To everyone that disagreed, especially Everlasting Yayuhzz...Don't be idiots. EL knows his ****, and if you want to debate with him don't just say stuff like "You're too inexperienced...Play good people." All of you people that do that are idiots.

EL FOR LIFE SON!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
that may be true, but anytime you wana stop sucking on the dudes jock, that would be nice too.

God, you two are like gay butt buddies, why dont you pull your face our of his lap and do something of your own.

coincidentally, you both play marth too, isnt that a surprise

Tristan_win

Not dead.
So...Neo has returned and now plays Marth.

Funny, I would of pag him as a Ike user since he use to main Roy(best Roy user back in melee for those who don't know).

Anyways I can't see why this is really needed to be made as I would imagine any intelligent person would already know after seeing some of Emblem Lord post that he usually knows his ****.

If someone start accusing him of being inexperienced or start convincing people that as well clearly they don't know much about him yet.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
way to massage his ego >__> only joking haha emblem prince is too good ;) . so what happens now do we turn this thread into something else ? like debate a matchup or a techskill :D

Retroking2000

Smash Master
So, just wanted to point out to people, especially Everlasting Yayuhzz, who basically came into the matchup thread and called EL an idiot and said EL is too inexperienced to be talking about matchups. Marth vs MK is EVEN if anything at a slight disadvantage to MK. I watched Neo's Marth beat Forte's MK...Probably the 2nd best MK in the world. There's only one MK better, and it's M2K's. Regardless of who is better, the fact is that Marth vs MK is NOT a **** matchup, just like Emblem Lord tried to tell you all by pointing out facts and statistics, and providing very detailed matchup characteristics. To everyone that disagreed, especially Everlasting Yayuhzz...Don't be idiots. EL knows his ****, and if you want to debate with him don't just say stuff like "You're too inexperienced...Play good people." All of you people that do that are idiots.

EL FOR LIFE SON!

any recorded matches X)

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I'm debating a Falco player about Marth vs Falco in the Brawl match-up thread. It's in the tactical discussion forums. Last two pages. You guys can check that out.

But keep it civil. Don't kill the guy or anything. lol

You now something funny? Slashtalon the guy who is doing Falco's match-ups wants me to give my input on the match in his thread. He respected my opinion after reading what I said about it in the Brawl match-up thread and at the same time a Falco player is arguing with me in that very same thread.

Ahhhh, irony. Taste so sweet.

Anyway, I'm off to bed.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
To me the **** that was MK is just getting less and less. The more I learn to play against the ******* the better.

Now I just see that MK is so -different- to any other character in smash ever (in the sense of his timing/techniques) its just that we aren't used to it. The more I get used to the timing and everything the easier the match up gets. Now my problems are all based around Pit and R.O.B., but thats due to lack of experience. La la la.

Ciel~Image

Smash Apprentice
Nothing wrong with having an ego. Only nobodies are modest, heh.

But yeah, to any rational person it's pretty obvious EL is a good analyst. I appreciate having people like that around, because it helps out all of us. I guess some people just don't like listening to logic.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
nothing was recorded, but i won both matches altho it was both by 1 stock. first game was like 1 stock 20% or something i think (or close to that) the other match was like 1 stock 130 or so. Every time he grabbed me he let me go and comboed it to fair, i think he only messed up once the entire set on that. Neo also said he was playing good against me, and I also think Neo is the best Marth player, but MK does have a small advantage vs Marth in the matchup.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
*snort*

Every forum needs a big boss it seems.

Lucario boards have Miln, Ness boards have Ademisk, Jigglypuff boards have Bowyer and the Marth boards have Emblem Lord.

I think that by now most of us know that EL knows Marth stuff. Although like most character enthusaists, he does have his own share of bias.

I mean...I will not be so easilly convinced on the safety of Ftilt on block or dodge until I'm given frame data. D: That move has lag issues.

And dancing blade isn't as safe as he told me it was either.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
*snort*

Every forum needs a big boss it seems.

Lucario boards have Miln, Ness boards have Ademisk, Jigglypuff boards have Bowyer and the Marth boards have Emblem Lord.

I think that by now most of us know that EL knows Marth stuff. Although like most character enthusaists, he does have his own share of bias.

I mean...I will not be so easilly convinced on the safety of Ftilt on block or dodge until I'm given frame data. D: That move has lag issues.

And dancing blade isn't as safe as he told me it was either.
Dancing Blade is always safe. If you aren't in their grabbing range. There's that magical thing called really lovely TIMING between each slash that will stuff any body trying to spot dodge, and those holding the shield, well, I love THAT.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
LOL!!

Dude, I'm the least biased out of all the character forum leaders.

I don't go around making threads about why Marth is top tier like SOME people in the Lucario boards. >_>

Anyway, D-tilt is safer then F-tilt. F-tilt is better as an anti-SH aerial tool.

DB has issues when you mess up spacing, but it opens the door to alot of mix-up games which is cool.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
LOL!!

I don't go around making threads about why Marth is top tier like SOME people in the Lucario boards. >_>

Anyway, D-tilt is safer then F-tilt. F-tilt is better as an anti-SH aerial tool.

DB has issues when you mess up spacing, but it opens the door to alot of mix-up games which is cool.
Only our noobs think that Lucario's top of top tier. Milln certainly doesn't anyway. We realise that the lack of a FAST reliable ko move (like 10 frames fast) and mediocre recovery keeps him from being perfect.

The thing that gets me about dancing blade is how open it leaves you if a character with a fast roll gets behind you while you're doing it. Even if they block the first one or two hits, they can often roll before the move ends. But it's certainly great for out-of shield punishment.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
LOL!!

Do you still think fair is better than nair? Or to be more exact DID YOU think fair is better than nair?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Fair is much better then Nair in this game overall.

NESSBOUNDER: You should see AlphaZealot on the Diddy Forums. He rants about how amazing bananas are and how that's all Diddy needs.

It is truly hilarious.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Fair is much better then Nair in this game overall.

NESSBOUNDER: You should see AlphaZealot on the Diddy Forums. He rants about how amazing bananas are and how that's all Diddy needs.

It is truly hilarious.
Oh lawl...

I'm not much of a Diddy fan, but it's almost criminally easy to pick up ALL of Diddy's basic projectiles and use them against him.

*he should probably try ranting about Diddy's aerial game/running attack/priority instead.*

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
While you're here Ryoko could you unsticky M2K'd thread?

He said the info is outdated and he has no intention of updating it.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Oh lawl...

I'm not much of a Diddy fan, but it's almost criminally easy to pick up ALL of Diddy's basic projectiles and use them against him.

*he should probably try ranting about Diddy's aerial game/running attack/priority instead.*
....HUH?!?! Pick up bananas and use it against Diddy?!?!...yah go ahead and try that...see if by the time you coordinate your character's body to actually remove that object from the ground you don't already see another banana or even a foot or something coming at you...

DO NOT..I repeat DO NOT try to use Diddy's bananas against him. Seriously...just work around them and you'll stand a better chance.

If you truly need to learn this lesson...Play Ninjalink (most likely the best Diddy that went to CH3)

DONE

∫unk

Smash Master
Only thing I don't like about picking up bananas is you usually do it with a dash attack... and Marth's dash attack is so bad that good diddy's take advantage of your lag time trying to pick up the banana.

IDK

Smash Lord
Hylian?

10bigbosses
or millar?

Oh lawl...

1. diddy has crappy priority, i main him
2. diddy is known as a ground based character even though his aerials are good because he can't get kills on the ground most of the time. fair kills usually start with a dash attack and so do spikes. (DA near edge > SH dair)
3. they aren't criminally easy to pick up if you're playing a really good diddy. if you're playing level nines, then yeah. but in that case im laughing at you.

You could just walk up to the banana and tap the a button.
yeah. with diddy the DA is lagless so it's not a problem, but if i'm playing my marth against a diddy, i usually just run up to it and stop hold the control stick then tap a. marth slides and picks it up. this is actually much faster than doing a DA with 5 years of lag. you DA pick up diddys nanner and you're gonna get hit.

Top Bottom