• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Emblem Lord's BFF Jesiah

Desire

Smash Journeyman
WOW EMBLEM LORD,,,
marth » MK no way , i dont even think they r tied, but marth » MK is too much. Maybe marth hav slight more range thn MK. but whn u play MK, not rly. i always get ***** by MK 's range. Ps. Marth takes more skills. MK is simple, my marth gets edgehog all tha time. maybe marth's tip is broken 2. or maybe i just suk too bad, but marth» MK is just wrong, btw Emblem Lord FTWS, i just disagree that marth is bett3r, btw meta marth told me this 0_o

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Ummm, I agree.

MK is the better character and has slight advantage on Marth in the match-up.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
WOW EMBLEM LORD,,,
marth » MK no way , i dont even think they r tied, but marth » MK is too much. Maybe marth hav slight more range thn MK. but whn u play MK, not rly. i always get ***** by MK 's range. Ps. Marth takes more skills. MK is simple, my marth gets edgehog all tha time. maybe marth's tip is broken 2. or maybe i just suk too bad, but marth» MK is just wrong, btw Emblem Lord FTWS, i just disagree that marth is bett3r, btw meta marth told me this 0_o
I'm pretty sure he said that MK is better but its not ****. So a slight advantage to MK.

Edit:
Ummm, I agree.

I try to defend you, and what do I get?! Ninja'd!
lol

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Ummm, I agree.

This is why we need a Big Boss who's manly and brags about how our character is God Tier in a new thread every five hours.

Are you a bad enough dude to take up the challenge?

:lick: :p

This is why we need a Big Boss Big Brother, who's always watching you and will tell you how we're allied with the Ike forums when you could have sworn we were allied with the Lucario forums, and as the bullet hits, you'll know, you love your Big Brother who made you believe how awesome Marth was

Desire

Smash Journeyman
Emblem L, help meh w meta's uhh A attack thingy, i cant get away with it, iv tried canceling w dlophin D , D smash, Counter, i cant get away w it, thn Mk does D-smash, which is goddamm fast, ps, canceling tornado is shield B and Counter right? any other way?

edit: btw ima n00b,

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Forgive me but, I wasn't able to comprehend your post at all.

Anyone want to help me out here?

>_<

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
1984 is of my favorite books.

Anyway, about that neutral A. Just DI away then roll or shield. You might be able to forward B him or D-smash once you DI out though.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
>____>

You can't be serious?

DI is Directional influence. When you are getting hit you can control the direction you go in.

So with multi-hit attacks you can hold the analog and you will go in that direction. So if MK is doing his A attack on you then just hold away to get out of it.

DI can get alot more complicated then that though. This was a basic scenario.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
>____>

You can't be serious?

DI is Directional influence. When you are getting hit you can control the direction you go in.

So with multi-hit attacks you can hold the analog and you will go in that direction. So if MK is doing his A attack on you then just hold away to get out of it.

DI can get alot more complicated then that though. This was a basic scenario.
You're strong comrad, very strong.

I have an irk this guy isn't as 'special' as he's making out to be.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I can't be worried about such minor details such as forming coherent thoughts in my sentences.

That's what slaves are for.

Good boy Jesse.

*throws you a treat

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm debating a Falco player about Marth vs Falco in the Brawl match-up thread. It's in the tactical discussion forums. Last two pages. You guys can check that out.

But keep it civil. Don't kill the guy or anything. lol

You now something funny? Slashtalon the guy who is doing Falco's match-ups wants me to give my input on the match in his thread. He respected my opinion after reading what I said about it in the Brawl match-up thread and at the same time a Falco player is arguing with me in that very same thread.
Got your back, already in on it.

Lol, I can't believe he either thought that falco's fsmash kills at 108 normally, or Marth's sweetspotted fsmash kills at 126. That was an epic misread and shows that he knows very little about one of the characters involved. But we already knew that.

I try to defend you, and what do I get?! Ninja'd!
lol
Sorry, we just figured this out recently.

Evil dtilt....

1984 is of my favorite books.
Emblem Lord +99999999999 cool points.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I was born in 1988 does that count for anything? :D
It gets you a cookie... if and only if you've read 1984 and liked it.

*holds cookie menacingly*

If you haven't read it, you get a claim check good for one cookie when you fulfill the required conditions...

If you don't like it... NO COOKIE FOR YOU! MWAHAHA!

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
So, just wanted to point out to people, especially Everlasting Yayuhzz, who basically came into the matchup thread and called EL an idiot and said EL is too inexperienced to be talking about matchups. Marth vs MK is EVEN if anything at a slight disadvantage to MK. I watched Neo's Marth beat Forte's MK...Probably the 2nd best MK in the world. There's only one MK better, and it's M2K's. Regardless of who is better, the fact is that Marth vs MK is NOT a **** matchup, just like Emblem Lord tried to tell you all by pointing out facts and statistics, and providing very detailed matchup characteristics. To everyone that disagreed, especially Everlasting Yayuhzz...Don't be idiots. EL knows his ****, and if you want to debate with him don't just say stuff like "You're too inexperienced...Play good people." All of you people that do that are idiots.

EL FOR LIFE SON!
Posts like this annoy me.

What you aren't taking into consideration is the mind-game factor of the game. You are stating this simply as 'character vs character' which is not the case at all.

Forte is an excellent Metaknight and just so happens to not do anything gay or abusive yet maintain effective playing.

He 2 stocked me the first game, tooled me pretty easily. After that game I had a better idea of his style and was able to win the next two matches. I won because I outsmarted Forte
(something that may or may not happen everytime), not because Marth has any sort of advantage in the match-up.

If the match were as simple as you've stated it to be, another Marth on the east coast would've done it by now instead of me (Both Azen/meep are good Marth's and lost to Forte).

I've put in a lot of hard work and studying for Marth, EL is no more correct than anyone else. Its been generally agreed upon for a while that the match is 60:40 and even when people use the word "****" its only in reference to MK's annoying natural advantages against Marth. Sheik "*****" Marth in melee but it was still 60:40

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
He wants you to teach him how to counter MK's normal attack in 5th Grade Oceania newspeak.

Edit: maybe his d-smash as well.

better brush up on your newspeak Big Brother, I mean Emblem Lord.
LOL
What a great book.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I hate that the Smash community uses the word **** loosely.

In EVERY other fighting game community when someone says that it means the match is like 75/25 or worse. Basically it's a counter match-up. MK doesn't counter Marth nor does he have any particular advantage over him per say. It's just that he is a better character. MK doesn't really have anyone attribute that really shuts down Marth. I's just MK overall being the broken character that he is.

Also Azen likes Marth, but I would argue that he doesn't seem to put half as much effort in to Marth as he does Lucario. He honestly likes Lucario and I don't think he feels the same about Marth. So I think he is less inclined to use Marth simply because..he is a Lucario main.

I could also argue that the only reason more Marth's don't beat MK's in tourney is because it takes alot of dedication to to do well with Marth. Where as you can put in half the work with MK and win a tournament with him. With Marth, it's more work and less results. Marth requires perfection. MK just requires that you know how to abuse his broken moves.

It sucks, but it's the truth.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Did I even say that dedication would change a match-up ratio?

Seriously...WTF did you post that for? lol Did I even say anyone had an argument for thinking it was even or in Marth's advantage? Jesiah made a statement with no real evidence so you can just ignore that.

Seems like you're just upset that Jesiah gave me props for w/e reason.

Inside info. We are best friends. He posted this just to mess around. Cool out bro. No one is taking away from your victory. And obviously you beatng Forte has SOMETHING to do with Marth. If the match was unwinnable you would either counter pick or you probably wouldn't main Marth.

Now TBH you are upsetting me. You are making it out like I'm not doing my part too. I don't give a rats *** about being the best Marth or even being good. What I do care about is giving the Marth community the knowledge and tools to succeed so I would appreciate it if you chose your words carefully and not belittle them with words like "theory". When the **** I say gives someone insight and allows them to develop a gameplan to place well when they might not have otherwise...that's not theory. It's battle tested strategy.

Dude. Don't be butthurt. We all know your the best Marth. No one is saying otherwise.

Also I should have explained before. At the highest level Marth vs MK is 60/40. At any other level MK destroys Marth. It's harder to hit that higher level with Marth. That's what I was referring to when I was talking about dedication and all that.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Posts like this annoy me.

What you aren't taking into consideration is the mind-game factor of the game. You are stating this simply as 'character vs character' which is not the case at all.

I see what you're saying, but I take into consideration the 2 best players of each character, or the closest you can get. You have to go off something, so I take what I consider the best Marth player, you, and the best/second best MK, Forte, and I look at the results. Sooner or later people will have to base their conclusions off something. If the best Marth vs the best/2nd best MK play and Marth wins...The matchup is even or MK at a slight advantage like I said.

Forte is an excellent Metaknight and just so happens to not do anything gay or abusive yet maintain effective playing.

I know, I played him in pools. He's a great player.

He 2 stocked me the first game, tooled me pretty easily. After that game I had a better idea of his style and was able to win the next two matches. I won because I outsmarted Forte
(something that may or may not happen everytime), not because Marth has any sort of advantage in the match-up.

Alright, good point good point.

If the match were as simple as you've stated it to be, another Marth on the east coast would've done it by now instead of me (Both Azen/meep are good Marth's and lost to Forte).

Azen's Marth/Meep are irrelevant to what I am taking into consideration, since your Marth is better than both of theirs. And I never said the matchup was simple...No, no no. People before said that the matchup was **** in MK's favor...Specifically a guy named Everlasting Yayuhzz. After your match with Forte, I wanted to point out to people that it's not ****.

I've put in a lot of hard work and studying for Marth, EL is no more correct than anyone else. Its been generally agreed upon for a while that the match is 60:40 and even when people use the word "****" its only in reference to MK's annoying natural advantages against Marth. Sheik "*****" Marth in melee but it was still 60:40

Yeah, **** really is overused, sorry if I overused it. At any rate, EL really is more correct than a lot of people. It just annoys me when people come in with no facts whatsoever and say **** when EL points out stats, facts and actual data he's acquired from his own analyses. Am I wrong to think that?
And I don't even want to know what you said before you edited it.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
when i edited it i just added things, i didnt remove them. i wasnt flaming or anything in my post

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
But about Diddy's Bananas...you don't even need to attack when you're grabbing those things. If one's lying on the ground, you can jump ONTO it and air dodge at he last second to pick it up.

Say for instance a Diddy Kong throws a banana at me and I shield/avoid it. If I don't slip on it and manage to throw Diddy off the stage somehow, or even just knock him away then there's nothing stopping me from picking up that banana in that time, and then doing something with it. It's not like the bananas have some sort of magnet attatched to them that allows them to zoom right back to Diddy. It's not like other characters are completely unable to make use of these items either.

Thing is, if you get hold of a banana you can do pretty much everything to diddy that diddy can do to you with his bananas in the first place. And isn't one of Diddy's greatest perks his bananas? So if I grabbed a banana, I suddenly have diddy kong's powers and I'm not even Kirby?

It's not like Snake's grenades either, since he can cancel those in mid-air, preventing people from using them against him effectively.

Anyway: I say we ask Marth how he's feeling right now through use of the Kokoro Scan. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xpSpDXBnlVs&feature=related

We can get his emotional response in a neat numerical value and work with that. Statistics are always good.

xXZeroXx

Smash Cadet
I agree with you NESS, but still Diddy Kong will throw them whenever he wants wherever he wants. I mean, a good diddy won't throw his bananas in a place for you to grab them easily. And, he can throw 2, you can get 1.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
That is a point.

But you have to admit that the peanuts aren't very effective projectiles due to the way they can be grabbed.

*is still listening to that horrible addictive Kokoro scan song*

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Lucario boards have Miln, Ness boards have Ademisk, Jigglypuff boards have Bowyer and the Marth boards have Emblem Lord.
Dun forget EB360 for the Ness boards. <<

I don't go around making threads about why Marth is top tier like SOME people in the Lucario boards. >_>
*waves*

I'm still wondering where he keeps those bananas... and WHY he keeps the peels when he's done with them. O,o

Top Bottom