• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC event #2 - XII.E.S.T.I.C.L.E. - Wallingford, CT - August 9th - BRING WIIs

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
At MM10 whitemage/tom only took over the bracket when I had to pee or change a set up or something. And when Elen stole me and forced me to play a few rounds of Melee.
I ran the Brawl Singles bracket all day. I made and ran the melee singles bracket as well.

I decided to take a break and let Tom do something so after those two events I went and played melee. Not sure who ended up running Brawl doubles.

All I know is that whitemage only created the Brawl singles bracket (though I took all sign-ups for all 3 tournaments) and seeded Brawl and Melee singles.
Matt, I love you to death thats number one, and number two, I know this isn't the right place for this but whatever.

You need to get people to help you out next time you decide to hold this tournament, as in Mass Madness. I disagree with this post entirely, Brawl Singles didn't finish until 8 o clock. And from like 6-8 I think there were only 24 competitors left in the brackets. Dazwa and Nuro never ended up playing for god knows how long and you didn't bother checking out who was there.

Also in Melee, the reason it ran so smoothly was half the time I would walk over the bracket and tell people who just finished matches to sit down and personally go find their opponent myself. I did this for DJ's matches, I did this for my matches, hell the only people I didn't help out were pine and Skler.

Also while running Melee, you came over to ask people questions about the matches WHILE they were in tournament, I saw this happen not once but twice. Once where I was playing KDJ and you came over and pestered me about the location of someone and continued to badger me while three people behind me were telling you it was a tournament match. And that went on for a good minute while the match was going on. And then again to Hispanic Thomas in one of his matches.

If you're going to run a tournament, saying "I don't know who ran Brawl doubles" Just doesn't sound good. It sounds like you didn't even care to look at what was going on once you got bored of being the tournament host. I understand you want to play friendlies but it is your obligation to get what you started done first.

When DJ has to MULTIPLE times during the tournament, call you up to the front of the store so he can get some answers, be it about money, brackets, seeding, questions, that's not right and doesn't look good for the tournament or the community.

All in all if you want to host a tournament and you don't feel your going to be able to complete your job the ENTIRE time you're there, please ask for assistance, like Wes did or I would be MORE then happy to during Brawl singles to take shifts. As long as you can get brawl singles moving faster in shifts then it's worth it and everyone wins and they get out with a better tournament experience and for the newer members, a reason to comeback.

That's really it, still much love man.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Dazwa and Nuro never ended up playing for god knows how long and you didn't bother checking out who was there.
I'd like to re-iterate this point: Matt, there must have been a 4 hour gap inbetween Nuro playing against NinjaLink in the loser semifinals and Nuro playing against myself in the loser finals. That's kinda ridiculous, especially when you went and started the other tournaments. While I played matches in Melee singles, I overheard "Wow Brawl isn't even over, god that game is so slow," when in reality it was another problem altogether.

Step it up Matt. Much love, but step it up.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Matt, I love you to death thats number one, and number two, I know this isn't the right place for this but whatever.

You need to get people to help you out next time you decide to hold this tournament, as in Mass Madness. I disagree with this post entirely, Brawl Singles didn't finish until 8 o clock. And from like 6-8 I think there were only 24 competitors left in the brackets. Dazwa and Nuro never ended up playing for god knows how long and you didn't bother checking out who was there.

Also in Melee, the reason it ran so smoothly was half the time I would walk over the bracket and tell people who just finished matches to sit down and personally go find their opponent myself. I did this for DJ's matches, I did this for my matches, hell the only people I didn't help out were pine and Skler.

Also while running Melee, you came over to ask people questions about the matches WHILE they were in tournament, I saw this happen not once but twice. Once where I was playing KDJ and you came over and pestered me about the location of someone and continued to badger me while three people behind me were telling you it was a tournament match. And that went on for a good minute while the match was going on. And then again to Hispanic Thomas in one of his matches.

If you're going to run a tournament, saying "I don't know who ran Brawl doubles" Just doesn't sound good. It sounds like you didn't even care to look at what was going on once you got bored of being the tournament host. I understand you want to play friendlies but it is your obligation to get what you started done first.

When DJ has to MULTIPLE times during the tournament, call you up to the front of the store so he can get some answers, be it about money, brackets, seeding, questions, that's not right and doesn't look good for the tournament or the community.

All in all if you want to host a tournament and you don't feel your going to be able to complete your job the ENTIRE time you're there, please ask for assistance, like Wes did or I would be MORE then happy to during Brawl singles to take shifts. As long as you can get brawl singles moving faster in shifts then it's worth it and everyone wins and they get out with a better tournament experience and for the newer members, a reason to comeback.

That's really it, still much love man.
I'd like to re-iterate this point: Matt, there must have been a 4 hour gap inbetween Nuro playing against NinjaLink in the loser semifinals and Nuro playing against myself in the loser finals. That's kinda ridiculous, especially when you went and started the other tournaments. While I played matches in Melee singles, I overheard "Wow Brawl isn't even over, god that game is so slow," when in reality it was another problem altogether.

Step it up Matt. Much love, but step it up.
The thing with Brawl was that if I were to finish Brawl then it would have taken far longer to finish Melee. I tried to get them to end at the same time (and Kevin when Melee started there was actually only ~10 people left in the Brawl bracket. Only 3 were left after a few rounds of Melee)

The only reason I would ask people if it was still a tournament match was when it was taking a very long time.
Skler vs Pine seemed to take forever to finish -_- For a while I was just looking over there and people started to say to me that they thought they were playing friendlies.

Dan only called me up once and that was to ask about where the money was, just something he was not aware of.

In Melee I never saw you go to someone and tell them anything.

will edit later.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
-________-
My mom scheduled an important doctor's appointment on this day. Apparently it's the only possible day that works too. Looks like I may not come, or won't get there until like 2 or 3 PM.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You never saw me do anything Matt because you weren't paying attention to the tournament. Incorrect on Dan calling you up because I heard it multiple times, one to say you were "grounded" one said you were really "In trouble"

There was a crazy amount of time spent in between matches. and as for matches in melee taking crazy long, Me and DJ's set lasted barely 8 minutes. Skler and Pine went to game 3 so theres took slightly longer and that was really all I saw for incredibly long matches.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I have to agree with KevinM man. Melee singles shouldn't have been able to end before Brawl singles. That didn't make any sense really...

EDIT: I'm not sure if I'm gunna make this anymore.

::le sigh::

I don't want to miss one of the biggest events in the area for the summer. :(

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Way too much god **** ROB in this thread I wasn't aware so many males were fans of kitchen appliances. =^__^=

I actually don't know if I'm coming to this anymore - lol.

I might be going to Otakon instead. Plenty of cute girls and anime to get my hands on as opposed to a cluttered room of sweaty dudes who don't seem to comprehend the idea of deoderant. @__@

However, if that falls through I'd love a MM with whomever. :"p

br4n

Smash Apprentice
Way too much god **** ROB in this thread I wasn't aware so many males were fans of kitchen appliances. =^__^=

I actually don't know if I'm coming to this anymore - lol.

I might be going to Otakon instead. Plenty of cute girls and anime to get my hands on as opposed to a cluttered room of sweaty dudes who don't seem to comprehend the idea of deoderant. @__@

However, if that falls through I'd love a MM with whomever. :"p

dude youve noticed this too? no one ever ****ing wears deodorant at smash events. mindgames??!!!

Banks

Smash Hero
i wear extra to compensate for the other dudes

everyone on the melee krew wore deoderant as a rule. sadly brawl has ended this tradition of good-smellingness

Cobra

Smash Journeyman

....Basically, sometime towards the end of the Brawl Singles I took over. I saw that the laptop was unmanned and that the doubles tournament was not starting up at all, so I just went back there and took it over.

I offered at the beginning of the day to help you if you wanted it, but you said you were fine. I'd be happy to offer the same thing next time, since I'm pretty sure I'm one of the few people who knows how to use the Tio organizer as Neal designed it to be used so it can be properly uploaded to AllisBrawl. (when I looked at the doubles bracket, I realized that you hadn't actually linked player names to the team names, so uploading that data to AllIsBrawl would have been troublesome.)

Seriously, I'm volunteering here Matt, if MM is being run and I will be there at the tournament, I'm offering once again to be the one who is running the brackets for you. It at least couldn't hurt to have another person there, whose main job is to run the brackets while you and the other helpers manage everything else.

You did a good job running the tournament overall, but it could have been done a bit smoother if you had a bit more help/organization.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
aahh, sucks that a lot of people can't go cuz the tournament is the same day as otakon :(
i hope there is still a big turnout.

anyone wanna mm? knackers ill mm your rob.. no reason, just a random challenge. omw .. wanna mm? $3 each

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom