• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC #4: Gameunicon: S.N.E.S. Registration at door available - August 21-23 - MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Dayummm... I'll definitely try to play as many games as i can (The ones I'm good at) to show the warrior spirit!! I will cut down everyone in my path!

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
Genesis is a more expensive trip to make for a HUGE tourney. Why spend all that money when I could just go to when nearby.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^^The warrior spirit would entail playing all of them, but being resigned to die if you humiliate yourself in any of them.

Sounds like a plan =P

Divinokage

Smash Legend
^^The warrior spirit would entail playing all of them, but being resigned to die if you humiliate yourself in any of them.

Sounds like a plan =P
Humiliation is not possible with the warrior fortunately =P Being a warrior is more than just acting it out on the boards of course.

To me it's a whole life application and it takes practice. However I don't feel like explaining it since it would be a wall of text for sure lol.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I would love to hear your ideas on the warrior spirit ^__^ (PM perhaps)

(to stay OT) *hype hype* Glad GU is able to make this happen. Doubt I can make it (spoilers)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Can you apply the warrior spirit to taking a crap? Or changing a diaper?
Hell ya, why not? When you take a crap, take a crap, don't think about any past or future plans you have in your mind. Your mind is evil! What I mean by that is if you think of something too much for example, like a problem in your life. It eats you inside. There is only the present moment, right here and now.

Which is why if I win or lose at smash against someone then I'll be happy regardless. If I pissed I'll let it out immediately and then I'll return to being happy. If you lose, you lose. That's another good example, things you could of done better against the opponent you lost to and you get emo about it. lol.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
So we met with the guys in charge of GameUnicon
And holy crap will there big announcements to come!
Im more excited about this, then i ever thought i could be

Expect the update by the end of the week!

But for those who are considering what i can tell you right now is

Venue Cost: $30 (could be 25, could be 35, still debating, this doesnt include tournament entry)
3 day event, venue open 24 hours, HUGE venue, tons of free play
Justin Wong will be there for Street fighter IV
Hotel Deal: $100 per night, as long as you tell them 4 people >_>
The tournament is AT the hotel, so your room is minutes away walking
Live band performances, panels, and more
one of the potential bands is actually rather popular :D
no spoilers yet though!
A dealers room selling all kinds of anime / gaming needs, imported games, you name it!
multiple restaurants running buffet deals at the venue
and yes, the con is having tourneys for multiple games
BUT
Smash has the largest amount of space (trust me its plenty)
and we have that space for the whole time for the full 3 days

brawl / melee will be sat sun
fri will be registration , brawl +, and maybe crews?

But yeah more indepth, thought out, full detailed post this week!
Registration for the con will be posted shortly as well!

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Just about to say why is this such a long time to go, then i seen that last post which is definetly worth the wait.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Hell ya, why not? When you take a crap, take a crap, don't think about any past or future plans you have in your mind. Your mind is evil! What I mean by that is if you think of something too much for example, like a problem in your life. It eats you inside. There is only the present moment, right here and now.

Which is why if I win or lose at smash against someone then I'll be happy regardless. If I pissed I'll let it out immediately and then I'll return to being happy. If you lose, you lose. That's another good example, things you could of done better against the opponent you lost to and you get emo about it. lol.
Kage you're amazing.

By the way I'm thinking of visiting Canada this summer. Possibly with another smasher or two. I was going to go to Quebec City, but maybe I'll drive to Montreal for a day or two?

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Brawl + is almost def 100% but it will probably be done on Friday night before the other tournaments which are sat / sun
We are still making the schedule

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Brawl + is almost def 100% but it will probably be done on Friday night before the other tournaments which are sat / sun
We are still making the schedule
Brawl + not the main event? Awww shucks.

Still good stuff, though. I'll just get B+ MM's on the other days. :-)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I should be able to live stream... someone just needs to help me with it lol.

Rainy

Smash Apprentice
What town is the venue located?
Marlborough Massachusetts.

I've been able to hype 7 people into trying to make plans to come to this. 1 from Canada, 1 from Florida, 1 from Michigan, 2 from Lousiana, 1 from Illinois, 1 from Georgia, and Will_ from Alabama (hopefully he'll be able to talk Reflex/George/DanGR/the rest of the AL Crew to go too)

hypehype

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
there will be at least 1 live stream setup, likely 2
dont worry

Updated first post with some information

So.. i dont have any definite bands that we can announce

But would people be excited about freezepop being a possiblity?

Piggyman86

Smash Apprentice
Marlborough Massachusetts.

I've been able to hype 7 people into trying to make plans to come to this. 1 from Canada, 1 from Florida, 1 from Michigan, 2 from Lousiana, 1 from Illinois, 1 from Georgia, and Will_ from Alabama (hopefully he'll be able to talk Reflex/George/DanGR/the rest of the AL Crew to go too)

hypehype

Ha! I live in Marlborough! I will be able to make it to this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom