• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC #4: Gameunicon: S.N.E.S. Registration at door available - August 21-23 - MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
Mega warps in lvl 1, 3, and 6 are sex yknow!
Oh... of course.

FYI warps are not allowed in the Battletoads speed run. You actually have to beat the Bike and Snow levels!!!!

Good luck. (on the other hand you are not a liar our bad) :)

Also using the warps I can get to the Snake Level... however without the warps... I have beaten the bikes like twice in my 28 years of being alive on this planet. :(

Oh... and the Battletoads speed run rules... (subject to change)

1. You may not use the extra lives code
2. You can not use warps
3. You get to use ALL of your continues and lives each try
4. $1 Per try... winner gets 80% of all entrance fees for the speed run
5. You will be timed and it will be recorded how far you made it in each level
6. Whomever beats the game in the least amount of time or makes it the furthest in the game wins

If this was a mario speed run you could use the warps but this being mainly done for the drama of the bike and snake levels so... that's where we are at. You have 5 months to practice.... start now!

We may also do a Through the Fire and Flames High Score Challenge with basically the same rules.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
[subscribes]

good stuff, and congrats GU for being able to come through with this! I prolly can't go, out of state summer work johns, followed by OOS family reunion johns, but good **** anyways

Mr Nobody

Smash Cadet
Hm. I was actually considering coming out if the pot for the Btoads challenge was high enough, but it doesn't seem like it'll be worth it. Would've been a lot of fun, too.

Edit: The choice of rules for Btoads is excellent! I approve wholeheartedly. It isn't a true speed run unless you have to do level 7. That is my favorite level. It is also the hardest level in the game, aside from The Revolution.

Niko_K

Smash Master
A speed run wouldn't be a speed run without the warps. Do it like every other speed run has been done....

Just got to level 8 in 9:35 :)

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
On the note of the Speed Run....

I think it will be fun just to watch people getting plowed into the walls on the bike level over and over and over.... and if there's any kind of crowd people will cheer like crazy if you beat the bike level. Or for that matter the game.

$1 per try will add up real quick and encourage more people to play. This speed run will either go all 3 days or just be one day... still deciding.

If people keep trying once every 15 minutes it would be over $200 cash prize.

btw

Level 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1lfiCtdO2c

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
lol cogwife will MM you for any amount in Dr Mario. she fuxing scares me at that game
In my experience, Women are roughly 12389123978 times better than Men at Dr Mario. I have the one for wii where you can play online if she'd like to play over the interwebs.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Seriously guys, do Puzzle League/Tetris Attack tourney. I'd be able to pretty much garuntee nothing would keep me away from that ****.

Banks

Smash Hero
i could go for tony hawk high score competitions because i was #1 in the world at tony hawk sk8land and made it in nintendo power *flexes*

yep, it's hard being famous

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
i could go for tony hawk high score competitions because i was #1 in the world at tony hawk sk8land and made it in nintendo power *flexes*

wtf I remember you guys mentioning that the first time we met and I STILL haven't seen the article

Banks

Smash Hero
i have to find the issue, it is #150 i believe. and unfortunately it isn't an article it's like a little sidebar that says "LORDS OF SK8LAND" and Banks is right at the top with my 10 million something high score. I was also on the website for the game as #1 for quite a while until I got dethroned by some douchebag.

those were some good times *puts on sunglasses*

Niko_K

Smash Master
On the note of the Speed Run....

I think it will be fun just to watch people getting plowed into the walls on the bike level over and over and over.... and if there's any kind of crowd people will cheer like crazy if you beat the bike level. Or for that matter the game.

$1 per try will add up real quick and encourage more people to play. This speed run will either go all 3 days or just be one day... still deciding.

If people keep trying once every 15 minutes it would be over $200 cash prize.

btw

Level 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1lfiCtdO2c
If you're expecting everyone to plow into level 3's walls I guess I automatically win this ****!

Banks

Smash Hero
yea i never bought it, i had a free subscription for some reason

but i suppose it's good if you want to read biased reviews of nintendo games LOL

shanus

Smash Hero
You should do a Brawl+ tourney with extra time. It's growing, just look at MD/VA threads to see how much love its getting right now. I think Chudat is converting his biweeklies to B+ now as an example. Or the canadians are catching on as well! I'd be very willing to help get it set–up as well. PM me if interested.

What Brawl+ has to offer:
–Better character balance (individual move balances, char specific SH/FH/FF/grav changes, knockback adjustments)
–Faster gameplay
–Some combos
–Too much fun
–Much more balanced offense/defense gameplay (aerial lag reduction optimized per character)

What Brawl+ doesn't have:
-Melee Air dodge (WE USE BRAWL AIRDODGE)
-Boring ****

Mr Nobody

Smash Cadet
A speed run wouldn't be a speed run without the warps. Do it like every other speed run has been done....

Just got to level 8 in 9:35 :)
Most good speed run hosting sites have separate entries for complete game and for minimalist runs. Using warps is considered a minimalist run. This happens to be a complete game speed run.

Don't be mad because you hate level 7. It's too good.

Also, how did it take you that long to get to level 8 using warps? You only have to play through two levels.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I played the second Battletoads once, it was lulzy.

Anyone in this thread want SC4 MM's? I'll gladly do some if I get back into it.

So Fatal

Smash Master

LOL DUDE NO WAY. I was the mass champ in tony hawk. I got to meet and play tony hawk(( I ***** him) heres a vid of me getting 72 million. I can do better http://staging.gameroom.mlgpro.com/view/FK6YyJ8AiBk.html

LOL WE NEED TO PLAY BANKS

Banks

Smash Hero
oh god fatal that was sick lmfao, we should def e-skate it up but just know that altho i am better than most people at playing normally, i abused the **** out of infinites as well to get on top (everyone else did too so that was the only way LOL). i was dedicated tho, i would have calculators out figuring how much time i needed to stay on certain areas etc it was BALLIN

but holy mother of god @ that video, insanee. i'd have to practice to get my mojo

(i think the score for mine was 42/52 million or something around there, can't be sure i'd have to find the nintendo power)

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
a completely amazing way to put it. lol

there are like four thousand NES games better than battletoads
Now... hold on the Battletoads punch people into the ground and then kick their heads like a football.... And they are named after skin blemishes. What is cooler than that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom