• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC # 3: APEX! - May 9th & 10th: Princeton, NJ - Reg sat if u want to enter !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
man dont do a melee tourney, its hard enough finishing a gigantic brawl tourney in 2 days

Reg I know it can be done with enough setups i would not over do it if i didnt know i have the ability to do. once i get the info on amount of tvs from inui i will delegate what will happen

basically i am working towards

8 melee and 56 brawl

thats my goal

for every melee there will be 8 brawl. It can be done if people bring setups.

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
this is a call to all smashers in the NYC i need practice and want to play with as many people as i can i go to your place or come to mine i have no problem traveling.

pm me if you are interested.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
I'm coming to this no matter what! I'm bringing my wii+brawl and my recording equipment, Alex is it possible to get my laptop hooked up with the livefeed? so i can record those matches too I plan on recording all big New york events. Also I need a teammate for this. and i want one that i know is good. :D

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Uh... Why are people asking for housing?

It's at a hotel.

I can hook you up with rooms for $50 a night, which is an amazing deal.

I'm going to try my best to go to the front desk by Friday at the latest to discuss things with management. I'm sure the owner would be delighted to hear that I could possibly sell out his hotel.

Melee can't be done. I won't be able to get more than ~10 TVs from the hotel itself. We'd be relying too heavily on basically every carpool somehow having a TV and Wii/Gamecube.

A lot of you have been to my tournaments. We use either the Garden Room or the Windsor Room. The Windsor Room is pretty big, but not big enough for CoT4-level attendance. I'm going to get both rooms for us to use.

NYC players shouldn't really complain much about it being in Princeton. Just carpool down here or take the train right to Princeton or Princeton Junction. Call someone at the venue and get picked up. It's that simple. Princeton is a much better location overall for a large regional tournament because it's much closer to MD/VA and Philadelphia, two high-population areas in our region.

Niko_K

Smash Master
One request, don't randomly walk into peoples rooms because you have the master key. That was stupid.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I'll do what I can to get my TV to this tournament. I can guarantee that the vast majority of smashers would enjoy it.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero

It's at a hotel.

I'm going to try my best to go to the front desk by Friday at the latest to discuss things with management. I'm sure the owner would be delighted to hear that I could possibly sell out his hotel.

Melee can't be done. I won't be able to get more than ~10 TVs from the hotel itself. We'd be relying too heavily on basically every carpool somehow having a TV and Wii/Gamecube.

A lot of you have been to my tournaments. We use either the Garden Room or the Windsor Room. The Windsor Room is pretty big, but not big enough for CoT4-level attendance. I'm going to get both rooms for us to use.

NYC players shouldn't really complain much about it being in Princeton. Just carpool down here or take the train right to Princeton or Princeton Junction. Call someone at the venue and get picked up. It's that simple. Princeton is a much better location overall for a large regional tournament because it's much closer to MD/VA and Philadelphia, two high-population areas in our region.

qft here.

my thoughts on melee singles is simple to rely on the majority of melee itself. Inui I would like this to be the first ecrc with melee the mages really wanna push it so lets make it possible. Again that is if enough people bring tvs. I will let them know, and you will agree with me on this, if there is enough tvs it can and should work ( its u and me I mean come on lol ). I am sure G$ and company can step it up for us but I will just make sure we have at LEAST 50 televisions cause we are that good.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
From experience, the train isn't so bad. It only costs about 25$ or so to get to Princeton Junction (Leaving from LI to Penn Station to Princeton) and it's pretty easy to do.

Rocann

Smash Lord

It's at a hotel.

because that's hugely expensive. whether it's less than normal or what, it's still a lot of money.

for me, getting from school to the venue and back is 57 dollars, before any sort of tourney cost. You said it was cheap T_T

so I have to find a ride and get housing. Until I'm allowed to get an on-campus job (next year, they don't let freshmen do it) I just can't spend that kind of money. I'm sure many others are in similar situations

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
UH OH speculation!

I'm rooting for Melee singles...I really am. Couldn't this possibly be a three day tourny then? And put Melee singles on Fri evening or something? Idk just throwing it out there.

Also $50 is REALLY cheap to those who have the money to spend. But to the unemployed maybe not so much.

Alukard

Smash Hero
well i mean its 50$ a room ... with a couple of smashers in a room and it gets divided evenly ... its reasonable ... just make sure u have friends lol

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
UH OH speculation!

I'm rooting for Melee singles...I really am. Couldn't this possibly be a three day tourny then? And put Melee singles on Fri evening or something? Idk just throwing it out there.

Also $50 is REALLY cheap to those who have the money to spend. But to the unemployed maybe not so much.
I don't know how much of the Smash community is in college, out, or doesn't even go, but if the tournament is placed sometime in late May most should be out of school by then. I know I finish the semester here on May 19th so a 3 day even doesn't bother me.

And rooming with other people makes that $50 shrink when split between everyone. So it really isn't bad at all.

ADHD

Smash Hero
nikok's voice is the most irritating noise that god could ever create. im brining ear plugs if he's here (no offense nikok)

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
I will talk to zaf about coming to this.

edit: if there's a melee tournament it should only be singles, and it should span over the 2 days there cause there won't be that many setups, but there will be a lot of interest. just have people play there matches in their free time, as long as it doesn't interfere with the brawl schedule. this should be organized independently from the brawl stuff.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Honestly the whole housing thing depends on how many people can stay in a room

Imagine 4-5 people, that's 10 or 15 bucks a night, reasonably affordable, and then gas for me to get there is about 20 bucks as of right now, and tournament entry fee is 45, so i'm looking to spend 75 bucks for the entire tourney, which isn't AWFUL but could be better (see, GIMR's tourney when i don't need housing etc.)

but that's the cost of going OOS- think about how much it costs texas to come to ECRC events

Edit: Melee or not, i'm not entering melee, so i don't care what happens, i will play friendlies though

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
because that's hugely expensive. whether it's less than normal or what, it's still a lot of money.

for me, getting from school to the venue and back is 57 dollars, before any sort of tourney cost. You said it was cheap T_T

so I have to find a ride and get housing. Until I'm allowed to get an on-campus job (next year, they don't let freshmen do it) I just can't spend that kind of money. I'm sure many others are in similar situations
IF you share it with 5 smashers that's only $10 dollars a piece. This = super cheap :laugh:

Mrs.BlackWaltzX

Smash Journeyman
I will ask my mom if I may attend this event if it is to be held in May. Since, my semester ends the weekend the 16th is. Plus, that's in between me and Waltz's birthday [scandal]!

D; Would've been easier if it was still going to be held in NYC.. but if the situations changed then, there is nothing I can do about it.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Honestly the whole housing thing depends on how many people can stay in a room

Imagine 4-5 people, that's 10 or 15 bucks a night, reasonably affordable, and then gas for me to get there is about 20 bucks as of right now, and tournament entry fee is 45, so i'm looking to spend 75 bucks for the entire tourney, which isn't AWFUL but could be better (see, GIMR's tourney when i don't need housing etc.)

but that's the cost of going OOS- think about how much it costs texas to come to ECRC events

Edit: Melee or not, i'm not entering melee, so i don't care what happens, i will play friendlies though
total entry is only $25, not $45(not including crews). it shouldnt be that bad, $5 entry fee is amazing and i wish more tourneys would do that.

if you bring like $100, you could easily get away with spending a little over half that if you really controlled yourself.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Ah, if only it was still in April, even though it doesn't matter, i got a free crib to stay at thats real close. Can't wait =P

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
total entry is only $25, not $45(not including crews). it shouldnt be that bad, $5 entry fee is amazing and i wish more tourneys would do that.

if you bring like $100, you could easily get away with spending a little over half that if you really controlled yourself.
Dag really? I should pay more attention to first posts.

I assumed ECRC standard which is typically 20/15/10, but this is different! Hooray!

HAT

Smash Ace
complaining about housing is the most pathetic thing i've ever seen ROFL

bmore's just went to cot4 without any previously determined housing. we got to stay with random females DK knew in phili on saturday, and eazy was nice enough to house us after our car got taken on sunday.

50 bucks for a room is absolutely insanely unbelievably cheap. seriously. have you stayed in a hotel before? have you been to a hotel? have you been outside your mother's house? ****.

anyway, i don't think there's enough hype for this yet. HYPE HYPE HYPE. spread the word.

PS= [i might try to bring a few female friends to this to help run ****..who doesn't listen to hot *****es?]

Alukard

Smash Hero
complaining about housing is the most pathetic thing i've ever seen ROFL

bmore's just went to cot4 without any previously determined housing. we got to stay with random females DK knew in phili on saturday, and eazy was nice enough to house us after our car got taken on sunday.

50 bucks for a room is absolutely insanely unbelievably cheap. seriously. have you stayed in a hotel before? have you been to a hotel? have you been outside your mother's house? ****.

anyway, i don't think there's enough hype for this yet. HYPE HYPE HYPE. spread the word.

PS= [i might try to bring a few female friends to this to help run ****..who doesn't listen to hot *****es?]
**** ... i <3 hat soooo much ... =]

M@v

Subarashii!
Alright, I'm most likely in for this. I'll probably be bringing Colaya with me, and some of the PSU guys might be able to make it too, since a lot of them live in eastern PA (PSU will be out for summer by then.)

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
word 50 cash isn't bad at all ESPECIALLY divided between 5 people.

I'm looking forward to this tournament.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
hmm...alot can agree with me here to use a date where the following monday is a holiday since this is 2 days so they dont go to school tired like cot4 did to us lol where no school would be applied like spring break or as it says on the first page May...then i can only think of memorial day lol. and look at SAT test dates. yes there are way too many smashers still in high school XD and im one of them. just trying to help out

M@v

Subarashii!
hmm...alot can agree with me here to use a date where the following monday is a holiday since this is 2 days so they dont go to school tired like cot4 did to us lol where no school would be applied like spring break or as it says on the first page May...then i can only think of memorial day lol. and look at SAT test dates. yes there are way too many smashers still in high school XD and im one of them. just trying to help out
Then you would want memorial day weekend. Now if I remember right, my finals week in high school was always(except senior year) the week after memorial day weekend. I dont know how it is for you though. My finals week in college is the first week in May.

12 Pack

Smash Apprentice
Then you would want memorial day weekend. Now if I remember right, my finals week in high school was always(except senior year) the week after memorial day weekend. I dont know how it is for you though. My finals week in college is the first week in May.
Yah I def think that most smashers who are in college have finals during the first 2 weeks of may. Just something to think about because if college finals conflict with this tourney it might hurt attendance. But thats only if most smashers actually care about their grades lol. I feel like the end of may like between may 20th and 30th would be best. Just my opinion.

Inui

Banned via Warnings

lmao

You're never going to find a deal like that at any hotel worth more than 2 cents. It's $50 for the room, and you can split that up between a bunch of people.

Alex, I never got a shot to go to management yet. I've been at Rigel's house for two days. I promise I'll get to it soon. A few extra days won't kill us. I'll get a date in May for this shiz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom