• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC#2= VGBootCamp-"BTYF" - Laurel, MD 3/28 + 29, Pre-reg is Over, Sign your Waivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
BTW if u need to reach me for housing my cell is 240-395-3546

Also feel free to call about MMs too cause i want to make lots of money off of this tourny :p

Snakeee

Smash Master
*UPDATES*

-Norfair has been Banned

-The 50 Ledge Grab Rule will be in effect, until the community as a whole comes up with a set number, we will make the limit 50 grabs. If the game ends with the time running out and your stats show that you went over 50 ledge grabs, you will automatically lose that round. If both people go over 50, then participating players will do a 1 stock rematch. this rule does not apply to doubles.

...Those are the saddest updates to a tourney I've ever seen :(.
The ledge rule is a bit much, like I said before how I am supposed to keep track of how many times I've grabbed the ledge during the match? That's impossible, and if I did somehow manage to do that I would be so distracted that I would probably lose. If anything it should just be a set amount of re-grabs you can do every time you grab the ledge because that you can at least be aware of for the most part.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
The ledge rule is a bit much, like I said before how I am supposed to keep track of how many times I've grabbed the ledge during the match? That's impossible, and if I did somehow manage to do that I would be so distracted that I would probably lose. If anything it should just be a set amount of re-grabs you can do every time you grab the ledge because that you can at least be aware of for the most part.
It's stated at the end of a match in the results screen...

Srsly? Who would grab the ledge 50 times unless they attempt serious planking.

Snakeee

Smash Master
It's stated at the end of a match in the results screen...

Srsly? Who would grab the ledge 50 times unless they attempt serious planking.
I'm talking about during the match there's no way for me to keep track of how many ledge grabs I have left.
Well, I haven't looked at how many times I grabbed it after a game...ever. So, maybe 50 is actually a big number for that. I'm not sure though. My point was that it should probably be regulated, but that rule in particular makes it so that someone can lose a match without being aware at all that they were breaking it. It could backfire the other way too because I can imagine myself freaking out in a match trying to think about how many ledge grabs I made, and end up dying right there

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
If you grabbed over 50 times by accident (which is HIGHLY UNLIKELY), your opponent could just vouch for you in saying that you weren't planking, you just happened to grab it a lot due to other reasons.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
*UPDATES*

-Norfair has been Banned

-The 50 Ledge Grab Rule will be in effect, until the community as a whole comes up with a set number, we will make the limit 50 grabs. If the game ends with the time running out and your stats show that you went over 50 ledge grabs, you will automatically lose that round. If both people go over 50, then participating players will do a 1 stock rematch. this rule does not apply to doubles.

true and due to the size of this tourny there cant be officals counting either lol this is indeed a dumb rule

HAT

Smash Ace
personally, i think anybody with "tha g" in their name has some kind of self-confidence issues

regardless, who wants to MM?

sidenote, i am amazing

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
personally, i think anybody with "tha g" in their name has some kind of self-confidence issues

regardless, who wants to MM?

sidenote, i am amazing

i'll play you hat :)

on a sidenote its not self-confidence issues they call it a "lifestyle" LOL

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Good luck everyone, I'll be rooting you on from jail!!! LOL, I hope the results to this tourney are better than HERB, Brawl results are starting to be so random (minus robot-esque M2K)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
oh dam, i just found out blob might not be goin, so ima need a teammate. ne1 gud without a partner still lookin 4 sum1? id perfer snake mk or d3 but i dont really care
**** I wish I knew before I found a teammate, I wanna team with a good Fox sometime.

GIMR, I hate to do this and I hope it doesn't screw anything up, but it turns out I can't make it Sunday morning (last minute family stuff), so I'm gonna have to drop out of singles and just do teams. I'll still probably show up Sunday afternoon.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i kinda wish i was going to this now :/

though ninjalink taught me to how to get to MD by public trans now, so that opens up a lot of future options

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Nothing is wrong with Kirby.

Anyone who calls someone a *** for liking a cute video game character has something to hide themselves.
Yeah, I can't deny it. Look at my username, I love that Kirby's cute :D

And yeah BMX, lets do the $20 MM here.

Also wow Jcaesar, you need to learn how to say f*ck you to your family lol, if it was a choice between going to a family funeral or tourney, sure my family would ***** my *** out later, but I wouldn't be at that funeral, I'd be at the tourney (if I could get the ride anyway).

Oh wow, yeah I did just realize, that ledge rule can f*ck up ZSS, Oli and Ivy xD

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Poyo will you please do me a favor and stop money matching people for $20? you are honestly wasting your money, just mm people with like $5 or so at max, $2-3 is more practical. You arent that bad of a player but even the elite brawl players don't really do those high dollar money matches.

with that said, $5 money match? if i win you owe me $1, if you win ill owe you $5

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Poyo will you please do me a favor and stop money matching people for $20? you are honestly wasting your money, just mm people with like $5 or so at max, $2-3 is more practical. You arent that bad of a player but even the elite brawl players don't really do those high dollar money matches.

with that said, $5 money match? if i win you owe me $1, if you win ill owe you $5
Nah G-Reg, I'll pay you the full $5, I'm not an *** (even though its obvious you'll win). My Kirby vs your Snake? Lol, don't go Jiggs, I'll feel like killing myself for losing to a Jiggs xD

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
rofl, this is gonna be BRAWL till you Die. yall got friekin fight club goin on. just cuz we in a karate place, now everyone tryna wreck, but yall aint usin pads.

blobs goin, so no more need for teammate, maybe next time JC

and ill put 20 on baki, but who will decide who wins becuz it gets really biased becuz u want ur ppl to win, and also no items, fists only, middle of the street.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
So, if GIMR allows it, and there is room, BMX and HMS present Street Fighter IV!

Also, forte's Link is amazing.

Edit: It's funny everyone is talking about fighting, cause we all know it ain't gonna happen. People say one thing on the boards, and then back down in person always.

But yeah, Hova would wreck the g-squad. Hell I could take them all out myself.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
If there's room, you know what set up someone should bring?

KIRBY AIR RIDE :D

I haven't played that game in ages, itz soooooooo fun, I wanna play it again.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
It maybe easy, BUT GODDAMMIT, its soooooo fun!

I never played 2-player mode in ANY Kirby game cause I have no IRL friends lol

Well, back in like 5th grade I invited some friends (scrubs) from my school to come to my house. I wrecked them in Melee and KAR. But that was before I even knew what l-canceling and wavedashing was, LOL, I was even more of a scrub then, than I am now.

Thats how Kirby games are, they are easy but you have such a good time playin em :D

*blob*

Smash Rookie
oH GOSH... yeah im with Spec*goes under shell* yeah im in G-squad. Look im an average brawler, i dont have claws or tentacles so i dont know how we are different. and yes Leon(Baki) is embarassing us...*sigh* Please excuse him. Honestly, with this much attention on starting squad i really feel as though i shouldn't be in it.

Wth...now when i arrive people are going to look for us...like were prey...man o man...
ay i love everyone, spread the peace ~

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
this is baki
keyboarding ftl
jamaal done be a bop i top cop hop
wreck dese *****s moe

this is snow
all this fighitn needs to stop, we just gonna go in, play sum sf4 and brawl and crap, take ur money, go home, come back, take more money and leave. all this violence isnt necessary to get guap

edit: baki said he gonna stop talkin **** cuz he gonna get serious and when he fights, he breaks limbs so its in everyones best interest to chill, and hes not really a mean guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom