• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC#2= VGBootCamp-"BTYF" - Laurel, MD 3/28 + 29, Pre-reg is Over, Sign your Waivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
@ Poyo:

You have to pay in person.

@ HMS: I'll see what I can do, about baggage check in

Bouse

Smash Ace
Hey GIMR, make sure that we can hardline the stream. So far, and Rykoshet, Snakeee, and Silven have all checked... it's a much better quality than CoT4.

I might be able to make it even better, let me know what upload speeds are possible from the venue and I can adjust my system accordingly.

Edit: Also, how far away will the commentator's table be from the TV? Just because I need to know how long the cables need to be.

Coney

Smash Master
I might take you up on that, JJ. I can't say for sure yet, but it's a tentative yes. I'll send you a message if anything changes.

You and I played some matches at the EvilTwinz first tourney, so you know I'm good for it. ROB+DDD?

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Are you still looking for Milln? If so, he goes by the name Infi-Tan on these boards.

Coney

Smash Master
Oh yeah I forgot to mention, if I bring a setup, will that absolve me of the venue fee?

Also; is there any insurance that this place won't end up like the Philly one? I, uh, really like my Wii.

Jesusdragon737

Smash Cadet
If it's 2 days there's no way I can come :(

However, I almost definitely wouldn't make it that far in the tourney anyway. I'll wait to sign up until I see how many people are actually coming. If there aren't many, I might sign up.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Pre reg does NOT involve payment
ALL money will be collected by gimr and his brother / father at the venue itself.
do pre-reg with payment or dont do pre-reg at all. there is no point if people arent going to pay, because tons of people register and dont show up to the tournament which makes it just as bad as not doing pre-registration at all, but with extra effort.

pools will end up with tons and tons of people in them who dont show up and it's just a mess. please dont waste the time, either make it register+pay online, or register+pay at the door, not half and half.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Hey GIMR, make sure that we can hardline the stream. So far, and Rykoshet, Snakeee, and Silven have all checked... it's a much better quality than CoT4.

I might be able to make it even better, let me know what upload speeds are possible from the venue and I can adjust my system accordingly.

Edit: Also, how far away will the commentator's table be from the TV? Just because I need to know how long the cables need to be.
Bouse I think you should commentate yourself too. It would be pretty awesome/hysterical

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
do pre-reg with payment or dont do pre-reg at all. there is no point if people arent going to pay, because tons of people register and dont show up to the tournament which makes it just as bad as not doing pre-registration at all, but with extra effort.

pools will end up with tons and tons of people in them who dont show up and it's just a mess. please dont waste the time, either make it register+pay online, or register+pay at the door, not half and half.
Yeah honestly it's a great idea to try and prevent COT4 madness but unfortunately this is 100% truth. Everything will be so messed up and you'll have pools that are half the size and half the difficulty than other massive pools. And it would be just as hard to navigate the pools.

At MAGfest, we had pre-reg. For the melee tourney, I entered all the names into the bracket on the pre-reg sheet. I had to DQ 25 entrants on the pre-reg who weren't there etc. They didn't have to pay, so they didn't show. It makes perfect sense.

I honestly don't think pre-reg should be mandatory- but simply make it so that everyone has to come super early for registration.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Bouse I think you should commentate yourself too. It would be pretty awesome/hysterical

Yeah, I'll do some commentating don't you worry. All I'm worrying about right now is how nice I can get the broadcast while simultaneously recording video to be post on YouTube after the tourney's completion.

I do want to get people like SamuraiPanda and JTails who did a fantastic job of commentating back in on it if they're at the venue. And by get them back in on it, I mean drag them away mid-match to talk about Random Ike Guy.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Guys...

Get one of those plastic ties that you have to open with scissors.

Put your power and AV cords through it and link them to the TV.

They'd have to cut it to get it out, or unplug the TV and Wii and really wriggle those cords through.

Best you can do for least cost.

Lobos

Smash Master
Yeah OS, we were discussing cheap ways to secure Wiis, besides having various people walk around while the tourney is going down. I like that idea too.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Guys...

Get one of those plastic ties that you have to open with scissors.

Put your power and AV cords through it and link them to the TV.

They'd have to cut it to get it out, or unplug the TV and Wii and really wriggle those cords through.

Best you can do for least cost.
Can't they just disconnect the wii from the cords?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dude, you should have seen the team matches with me and Famous. I was freaking hacking it in teams. even when he was K.O first I was still giving people a hard time. Even when I teamed with other people and was left alone. I actually got a few wins off by myself in 2 against ones. I like how I play in teams. I think my game in teams is a lil better than singles. and I hardly do teams.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Dude, you should have seen the team matches with me and Famous. I was freaking hacking it in teams. even when he was K.O first I was still giving people a hard time. Even when I teamed with other people and was left alone. I actually got a few wins off by myself in 2 against ones. I like how I play in teams. I think my game in teams is a lil better than singles. and I hardly do teams.
Dude, you need to go back to Orange text, the red text on the black/gray background hurts my eyes. lol

Solid Jake

The Arcanum

You have a point, we're trying to think of something to avoid this other than pay online. Unless gimr has his own paypal account, that we could setup - Then we could start registration over, once again. But we want to let them deal with the money, and im sure they want to deal with it as well haha
The other option is to add some form of penalty to registering and not attending, such as a penalty at future events, or something.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
It's not fair to penalize someone for registering and not showing up if they registered way in advance and then ended up not being able to make it on short notice. If it's stressed to preregister, then that could screw someone over.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
New England needs housing still
Considering we're basically the people who run the circuit, id say we have a bit of priority, maybe? :D

Likely 4-5 of us OBM and I are the only definite so far.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
I still have to pre-register but..

lets say I do not pre-register does that mean I can't go?

GIMR wants a 175 person limit, the venue isnt quite as large as Chibos
so if we reach the cap in pre reg , then in theory no you wouldnt be allowed to enter

Im going to try to set up a meeting tonight to decide what we are going to do about, prevention of people signing up, and not coming.

Aposl

Smash Ace
Me and my brother are looking into bigger venues we hope we can find one that is cheap enough to be worth moving too, however, the one we have now has a whole parking lot of free parking! Also we are going to have food at our tourney, we are also going to have a break, but we are hoping that this deters people leaving. Also the food is going to be decent, and we will also order pizza!! Of course food will cost money but its not going to be rip off or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom