• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EC Presents: Crank That Kosha Boy! Featuring DugFinn and Xyro! November 14th, NJ.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Things of mine people MUST BRING to this tournament:

Mew2King - my black controller with the Lucario sticker

Rhyme - my wallet

ADHD - my Wii

:p

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Chaos041 ill mm you name ur price

Hat, mm me as much as you want

I will be doing mms at this tourney seriously and I will be MM people with high tier if you want. Like my marth vs ur SNake or **** like that. Let me know I am serious.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord

I will be doing mms at this tourney seriously and I will be MM people with high tier if you want. Like my marth vs ur SNake or **** like that. Let me know I am serious.
snake ditto mm REMATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also

2ndaries matchup
MM my wolf/wario/mk

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Ally, are you not teaming with M2K for LT? Is M2K even going?

Yes, I want to team with Boss that badly xD

Otherwise, i have to find someone else for LT...

EDIT: Where you at Pink? You should go to this for the money...

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Ally, 2 dollars ain't much of an upgrade from 1 dollar unless you staying on that dollar menu boiiii

Cable

Smash Lord

Ive been dying to face you i shall be mm you Snake vs DK $5 =)

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Ally, 2 dollars ain't much of an upgrade from 1 dollar unless you staying on that dollar menu boiiii
uh trust me I did almost 45 mms at COT4 for 1$, its too long for almost nothing. I rather do higher so I dont spend 3 hours MM =.=.

Uh I unno I rather have Boss since M2K is a maybe, I want a teammate that is going for sure.

Chaos0419

Smash Apprentice
and are me and one other person the only people that want teams to be before singles O.o
I also agree that teams should be done BEFORE singles because 1.) it's the way it's always been done, 2.) singles has ALWAYS been considered to be the main event, and 3.) I think teams for this event is going to be so good that it would only build more competitive hype for singles, don't really see that working the other way around...

...but Inui loves teams and it is his tourney so I doubt we're going to see any changes.

Wooj

Smash Journeyman
who ever said im smart good ****.

zucco if u wanna mm after our normal mm my anything vs ur falco i'll do it.
inui plz put me in kais bracket. i hate him. not really but what he said about me not being important just pissed me off big time.(not that any1 cares.)
i'll do any mm.

dan can i come over your house to practice.

JG interview me.

im most likely going to place top three. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Wooj

Smash Journeyman
ikon is pumped XD
<3

charecters im going.

ROB - falco or snake
ZSS - falco snake yoshi
snake- everything
Mk- MU i have trouble in
IC- lucario DDD and if u suck
diddy - DK DDD
wario- Snake DDD
DDD- falco and if u suck

maybe ike- if u suck or i can do it.....aand falco

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
$5 sounds good to me. Again, my MK vs your Snake.

I'll do it for $5. Hopefully all that Candy practice will pay off.

Speaking of my little brother, you need to spend the night at my place some time this week so we can practice... or maybe we can go to Chu's.
i can only do it tuesday night b/c i have no class/work wednesday...just letting you know senior

EDIT: yea inui you should have normal teams before normal singles.....singles is the main event and i think it will be weird if we do it before doubles. it should be

low tier doubles, doubles, singles, low tier singles

^^^ that sounds the best IMO...and ive talked to quite a few ppl about it and they agree with this^^^

Palpi

Smash Hero
I think the reasoning behind singles being before doubles is because Singles is the biggest event. (Why not save it for a better time, like after doubles?) Because some people cannot stay that late, and if it is after doubles, they may have to leave while still in the tournament. Doubles and lowtiers has a small turnout than singles, and they both take less time, so there would be less risk in putting them after, than a big event like singles.

I honestly don't even care, just trying to see other's viewpoints :)

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I think having low tiers at the beginning is dumb in general, but since its the only event inui has a shot at winning he's having it first to maximize the attendance and thus the payout

He'll probably place in the money in some other events but he should really think about what's best for the oos players since that is what he was striving to attract in the first place

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
I think the reasoning behind singles being before doubles is because Singles is the biggest event. (Why not save it for a better time, like after doubles?) Because some people cannot stay that late, and if it is after doubles, they may have to leave while still in the tournament. Doubles and lowtiers has a small turnout than singles, and they both take less time, so there would be less risk in putting them after, than a big event like singles.

I honestly don't even care, just trying to see other's viewpoints :)
i dont think that singles will run too late just b/c of low tier doubles...its not like your having both the low tier events b4 anything else...i just think everyones personal preference is doubles then singles

Inui

Banned via Warnings
and are me and one other person the only people that want teams to be before singles O.o
I also agree that teams should be done BEFORE singles because 1.) it's the way it's always been done, 2.) singles has ALWAYS been considered to be the main event, and 3.) I think teams for this event is going to be so good that it would only build more competitive hype for singles, don't really see that working the other way around...

...but Inui loves teams and it is his tourney so I doubt we're going to see any changes.
EDIT: yea inui you should have normal teams before normal singles.....singles is the main event and i think it will be weird if we do it before doubles. it should be

low tier doubles, doubles, singles, low tier singles

^^^ that sounds the best IMO...and ive talked to quite a few ppl about it and they agree with this^^^
False, false, false... You guys don't know how to host as well as Magus and I.

I can't run two doubles events at the same time. It makes it significantly harder, if not impossible, to call multiple matches at the same time. Space doesn't permit having two doubles sets next to each other.

However, I can run singles and doubles events together very easily. People wanted low tiers to be last, so I compromised and put low tier singles last and switched it with normal singles so normal singles starts and finishes at reasonable times.

I think having low tiers at the beginning is dumb in general, but since its the only event inui has a shot at winning he's having it first to maximize the attendance and thus the payout

He'll probably place in the money in some other events but he should really think about what's best for the oos players since that is what he was striving to attract in the first place
If you're going to accuse me of something this stupid, stay home. I don't want you there if this is the case. I won't miss you.

In fact, you've been a little prick to me lately on Smashboards without me doing or saying anything at all to you. How rude and pointless.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
if people bring set-ups and play/report matches when told to, thing will go smooth and all events can be done by 1am.

LT 2vs2
Reg 1vs1
reg 2vs2
LT 1vs1

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
False, false, false... You guys don't know how to host as well as Magus and I.

I can't run two doubles events at the same time. It makes it significantly harder, if not impossible, to call multiple matches at the same time. Space doesn't permit having two doubles sets next to each other.

However, I can run singles and doubles events together very easily. People wanted low tiers to be last, so I compromised and put low tier singles last and switched it with normal singles so normal singles starts and finishes at reasonable times.

If you're going to accuse me of something this stupid, stay home. I don't want you there if this is the case. I won't miss you.

In fact, you've been a little prick to me lately on Smashboards without me doing or saying anything at all to you. How rude and pointless.
ok...

then why not do low tier singles 1st....that way you can do doubles then singles and end up with LT singles

i think having normal singles after doubles is more important than having LT singles in front of LT doubles....thats honestly alo0o0ot better

Inui

Banned via Warnings
ok...

then why not do low tier singles 1st....that way you can do doubles then singles and end up with LT singles
Low tier doubles will be the fastest event by far. Low tier singles will eat up a lot of time. If we started that first and then ran normal doubles and then normal singles...normal singles will most definitely end quite late, which I'm sure nobody wants.

i think having normal singles after doubles is more important than having LT singles in front of LT doubles....thats honestly alo0o0ot better
Why? Can you explain why singles must be after doubles besides "I'm used to it that way."? I've been to many events where doubles was last, including an MLG. It's fine. What's the problem?

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
Low tier doubles will be the fastest event by far. Low tier singles will eat up a lot of time. If we started that first and then ran normal doubles and then normal singles...normal singles will most definitely end quite late, which I'm sure nobody wants.

Why? Can you explain why singles must be after doubles besides "I'm used to it that way."? I've been to many events where doubles was last, including an MLG. It's fine. What's the problem?
you have to realize...low tiers are SIDE EVENTS....you are letting it have too much of an impact of the tournament...you can easily run low tier singles while running normal doubles...not everyone is enter low tier singles and it wont be much of a hassle at all

im not the only one that wants singles last...everyone ive talked to wants it last...its the main event! its what most ppl prefer and you should be running the tourny on what ppl prefer
who cares if other tournies you've been to have had singles 1st?? you've also been to tournies where pictochat is legal...your point?
let others be idiots...anything you watch ANYTHING main events are always held last...when ppl are watching the livestream...they're not gonna be in tuned on doubles late at night...doubles just brings in hype for singles...which is what everyone pays attention to the most

Inui actually backed the hell up outta his decisions. Cut him some slack guys.
calm down.....noones hating on him for it...im just trying to figure out if doubles or singles is better

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Part of the problem here is, is that everyone assumes that singles is gonna end somewhere from 1-3 am, so that's why it the usual format had to be changed and now we're having:
LT Dubz
Singles
Dubz
LT Singles
Inui, I honestly think you should just go with the traditional format and as long as people bring set-ups and even if we can get a set-up or two outside we'll finish at a reasonable time.
Every time you change the format someone has to find some flaw in it and then a whole group of people start to complain about this and that as well. I know you're trying to do what's best for everyone, but I don't think in this case you should compromise, your tournament and you should just run it like you usually do.
At the end of the day some people are gonna be upset, but nothing they won't/can't get over.

JUST BRING SET-UPS!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Actually I have been kinda rude. Oh well.

Why wouldn't we just do all of low tiers at the end? That's what I don't understand. Instead of splitting them. Justify that and ill shut the hell up.

Inui you've been really hypocritical lately, and that's why my attitude has been completely negative. I don't hate you or anything, no worries. I can improve my attitude before saturday.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439

Why wouldn't we just do all of low tiers at the end? That's what I don't understand. Instead of splitting them. Justify that and ill shut the hell up.

Inui you've been really hypocritical lately, and that's why my attitude has been completely negative. I don't hate you or anything, no worries. I can improve my attitude before saturday.
Manly *** post right there. And Inui, I agree. I would like to do regular singles and doubles, then low tiers after.

Inui

Banned via Warnings

Manly *** post right there. And Inui, I agree. I would like to do regular singles and doubles, then low tiers after.
Unfortunately for you, two of the hosts (Xyro and I), view low tiers as an extremely fun and meaningful event. Please accept our compromise because it's in the best interests of time to get everything in. We as the hosts can determine the order of events, and we wish to make low tiers happen for sure since we enjoy it and do not view it as a joke event because we're amazing with low tier characters and have a lot of pride in them.

I have hosted the largest low tier event in the history of Smash since the dawn of Melee. They are insanely popular here. Just have fun with 'em.

Candy, your argument to have doubles first is based mainly on just tradition. Doubles after it isn't bad.

Top Bottom