• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gusto

Smash Cadet
Actually, speaking of leaks, I saw one earlier today that was new that I'll show you guys... real... or fake? I doubt it's real due to the bottom screen being... weird. We've already had the bottom screen revealed... unless this is the pause (during a battle) or something.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Funny how you discovered those 6 empty slots... But would they really spoil this information to us this way? I'd say that's a very odd way to hint at something.

I can imagine tails to be there in smash, yes... sonic is all nintendo lately so some extra support would be logical, but I really can't say if they rather have tails in there instead of, let's say Dixie Kong or something...

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well... this isn't exactly a E3 2014 leak, but I couldn't find a 3DS leak thread. Anyway, so I found this picture on facebook that might be our first vidence in confirming the Palutena leak to be fake... thoughts? I really want Palutena in Smash, so I hope this was just a texture update... besides, Sakurai has said countless times that some things you might see weren't final.
We don't have a Wii U or 3DS leak thread due to the problems they caused. I suggest joining the Leak and Rumor Social Group located in groups.

Do not post non-E3 leaks in this thread. You posted three. If you post another one, you will receive a warning. This is the last verbal warning. This is not a general leak thread.

Others, do not respond to this leak or any others Gusto posted. Doing so will result in warnings.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So what's the low-down on E3 leaks? Any more blurry photographs of listings?

DarrylTrainer

Smash Apprentice
I just hope Shulk is revealed at E3, so I can stop pretending to not hate the Sal leak.

...kidding. Kind of. Mostly.
Actually, speaking of leaks, I saw one earlier today that was new that I'll show you guys... real... or fake? I doubt it's real due to the bottom screen being... weird. We've already had the bottom screen revealed... unless this is the pause (during a battle) or something.
it's not a bottom screen, it's two top screen pics...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I really doubt this leak at all. I guess we'll see in a week. I'd certainly rather have the Avatar over Chrom, though.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I am willing to make a Gentleman's Bet that, before or soon after E3, "LeakerBro" comes out and spills that "he was doing this for our entertainment" or "he just wanted to see how people would react," or something to that tune. We've seen this same song and dance a million times before, many of them featuring common fanbase tropes like "Murasame Castle will be rebooted" or "Avatar is getting in, not Chrom."

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
last year at E3 we got 3 newcomers revealed and a bunch of veterans revealed. wouldn't be surprised if we got at least one newcomer and some veterans this year.
Right, but it was the first reveal of the game as well. Since we have 30+ characters I doubt we'll get that much veteran wise. But I would expect at least 2 newcomers.

Last edited:

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
Leakerbro from 4chan made a thread again:
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/246362815
I've followed all three of those topics and I'm really wondering what makes this guy more believable than some leakers on Reddit and GFaqs.

I mean, it's words and words don't really prove anything... anyways, the things he says are interesting so he's got my attention.

About the whole Retro remaking Star Tropics though, isn't this game too similar to Zelda nowadays? I remember going through both of those titles on the NES (painfully difficult, by the way) and it's pretty much a Zelda with a modern day twist. Which, when said like that, doesn't sound all that bad

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
LeakerBro seems like the only leak I'd actually be 100% satisfied with if true. Chibi Robo, K. Rool/DK Newcomer and Lucas return. Mike Jones is a bonus.

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
Right, but it was the first reveal of the game as well. Since we have 30+ characters I doubt we'll get that much veteran wise. But I would expect at least 2 newcomers.
I feel almost the opposite. The game comes out this summer, which is anywhere between now and the end of August, and we currently only have 30 characters out of what I believe will be late-40s, maybe even a full 50. Even if they revealed a whopping 10 characters on Tuesday, that'd leave plenty to trickle out until the game's release.

And regarding any potential "secret" characters, I don't think they're putting off revealing them like they did with Brawl. I mean, it is certainly interesting that usual unlockables like Ness, Captain Falcon, and Jigglypuff are still yet to be revealed, but on the other hand we have already seen 5 Mario characters (including always-secret Luigi and newcomer Rosalina) and 4 Pokemon, and I doubt they'd all be available from the start.

As for this "LeakerBro," I love everything he's said so far, but I've no idea what makes him credible, and he seems too good to be true.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I'd love these leaks to be true, the Hades + Avatar + DK Newcomer + Takamaru + Mike Jones + etc. one, I mean.

The thing that has me skeptical is that this seems WWWWWAAAAAAYYYYYYY too good to be true. Sakurai has a strong tradition of disappointing rosters to uphold, and this leak fits into the 'way too good to be true' section of leaks.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I am willing to make a Gentleman's Bet that, before or soon after E3, "LeakerBro" comes out and spills that "he was doing this for our entertainment" or "he just wanted to see how people would react," or something to that tune. We've seen this same song and dance a million times before, many of them featuring common fanbase tropes like "Murasame Castle will be rebooted" or "Avatar is getting in, not Chrom."
I totally see either this happening, or he just disappears. I don't believe him in the slightest. Mike Jones? really?

Shroob

Sup?
I totally see either this happening, or he just disappears. I don't believe him in the slightest. Mike Jones? really?
The sad thing is, if he had thrown in Geno, the majority of Smash fans would have probably been all over him back in Brawl days.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I know this isn't said, but I imagine this new information directly conflicts with Sal's leak. Let's be honest, the chances of both Chrom and Avatar, as well as Marth and Ike being in this game together are virtually none. This also doesn't appear to have anything to do with E3 however, as his story is still Mike/Lucas/Chibi for E3.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I know this isn't said, but I imagine this new information directly conflicts with Sal's leak. Let's be honest, the chances of both Chrom and Avatar, as well as Marth and Ike being in this game together are virtually none. This also doesn't appear to have anything to do with E3 however, as his story is still Mike/Lucas/Chibi for E3.
Doesn't he outright say that Chrom is an Assist Trophy?

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Robin and Takamaru, + one more DK rep according to another post he made a bit further down? Man... I went from kind of against that leak to really wanting it to be real pretty quickly just now D8

One thing that strikes me as odd, though, is that he says Takamaru would be bad at dealing with projectiles... doesn't that sort of fly in the face of Nazo no Murasame Jō, though? Isn't a lot of the game play in that based around deflecting projectiles? XD Also, you've gotta wonder how he's got such detailed info on how he plays... I mean, of course it's probably all fake anyways, but it's fun to consider.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I really really super duper totally seriously doubt Mike Jones or Star Tropics will ever be recognized by Sakurai. A lot of other things there are also a bit too unbelievable, so I'm not putting much faith into this one. Is this the same guy who said there would be a unseen item and version exclusive characters? Doesn't seem to match up with that, so that's probably someone else, but this guy's actually using a tripcode so he can be identified.

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Haha. I wish. I'd love to leak but I'm not a leaker. I just know about 6 characters being revealed due to the Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U website.
(The weird colors are because I had to use a "Sharpen" filter to darken the slots, because they are quite hard to see)
There has always been a bunch of blank squares after Pit on the smash bros site. the number depends on your screen size and the current character count. After enough character reveals a new page is added to the icons. While I do think 6 characters revealed at E3 is possible, there is no reason to believe that just based on the number of blanks.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Perhaps Pie, but remember, Leakerbros claim has to do with Retros new game. Its of course been implied not to be Metroid or DK again, so if it was Startropics, the fact Nintendo/Sakurai would use him as promotion like Roy isn't unheard of.

And I meant Sal said Chrom would be playable, where Leaker says Avatar is (though if he said Chrom is an At that's an even bigger contradiction)

Finalefireworker

Smash Rookie
It drives me insane when people call Robin "the avatar." Is it just because people haven't played FE: Awakening? The character has a default name. It's Robin. The character's name is Robin. Just because you can name the character doesn't negate this fact (see: Link, Ness, Lucas). If you want to go by what the character is called in the technical manuals then the character's name is My Unit and we all know that's not what the character would be called.

I want Robin playable personally, but I disregard a leak that lists him/her as "the avatar."

Edit: Why are people so resistant to call the character by their name? There are so many terms for this one character WITH A NAME. Avatar, My Unit, Tactician, etc. Why is it so rare to get anybody who uses the name the game GIVES YOU?

But this leak is ridiculous anyway. This guy is all about Nintendo rebooting ancient franchises as justifications for character inclusions. Also idiotic things like "ROB was heavily buffed" is as amateur as you can get with this kind of stuff.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Perhaps Pie, but remember, Leakerbros claim has to do with Retros new game. Its of course been implied not to be Metroid or DK again, so if it was Startropics, the fact Nintendo/Sakurai would use him as promotion like Roy isn't unheard of.
....must contain hype. Must control... Wait for it.... *exhales* There, hype supressed.

Ok, so I have bits of proof here and there that Retro's project MIGHT be StarTropics.
But I don't want to get my hopes up.

But the fact that this rumor comes up NOW of all times.... I can't put into words how cautiously hyped I am.
*Sigh* I just want for E3 to come already so I can put this to rest already. :S The suspense is kinda killing me.

-
I understand people not really caring about Mike, but you guys should totally give him a chance. A yoyo-CENTRIC character (regular attacks + aerials) could actually be pretty entertaining.
Besides.. he had the Yoyo + Baseball bat stich before Ness did. :V Ok, Ninten might have beaten him to the Baseball Bat, but Mike was the first one to main a Yo-Yo.

Last edited:

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
It drives me insane when people call Robin "the avatar." Is it just because people haven't played FE: Awakening? The character has a default name. It's Robin. The character's name is Robin. Just because you can name the character doesn't negate this fact (see: Link, Ness, Lucas). If you want to go by what the character is called in the technical manuals then the character's name is My Unit and we all know that's not what the character would be called.

I want Robin playable personally, but I disregard a leak that lists him/her as "the avatar."

Edit: Why are people so resistant to call the character by their name? There are so many terms for this one character WITH A NAME. Avatar, My Unit, Tactician, etc. Why is it so rare to get anybody who uses the name the game GIVES YOU?

But this leak is ridiculous anyway. This guy is all about Nintendo rebooting ancient franchises as justifications for character inclusions. Also idiotic things like "ROB was heavily buffed" is as amateur as you can get with this kind of stuff.
With the "Robin" thing, "Pokemon Trainer" instead of "Red" comes to mind. It really just depends on what Nintendo feels like doing.

Also, "ROB will be buffed" made me laugh.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I don't know, it seems legit, the Zelda game has a legit title if that's what its called and actually I hope they are planning on Super Smash bros U and Super Smash Bros 3D being official titles cause Super Smash Bros for Wii U and Super Smash Bros for 3ds sounds dumb, they should have confirmed those as official titles long time ago, I still call it Super Smash Bros 4, this to me makes it sound legit.

However Mario Kart 8 was already released, unless they're announcing dlc, I see no reason for mentioning that at E3, and hopefully its more than just that Mercedes Benz, I want to see a few characters as dlc, I want Dry Bowser back, I want Diddy back, put Dixie and Kritter in too.

Usually we see a few Mario games announced though, the only thing Mario is Mario Kart 8, I doubt they'd have a E3 with out any Mario games announced, so this is one reason that points to a fake.

I hope those other games aren't what's being planned because Final Fantasy is bad enough let alone Theat Rythym, and don't even get me started with Xeno, that's a topic best not mentioned with me.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Blast this rumor. >:(
Now I won't be able to sleep.
And if it's ultimately untrue, I will have raised my hopes for nothing... Like every past E3 ever since I started watching them.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Takamaru in a leak? Sign me up on the hype train. :troll:

That aside, it is hard believing any leak that is so drastically different from the Sal leak (although the jury is still out on that one, espescially the 2nd part of it). I do believe Takamaru will be the Retro Rep in Smash 4 but both him and this Mike Jones feels off. But hey, if they announce a new Murasame Castle AND StarTropics game at E3 (as unlikely as that would be) then sign me up.

I like the leak though I must say. (It has Takamaru.)

Edit: The most fishy thing about the leak imo is the leakers thirst for attention. The leaks that turn out to be true usually are the subtle ones in my experience. Making post after post, even changing the story... I dunno.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I'm sorry for taking back my statement on it, but I don't really trust this leak anymore.

The avatar thing from Fire Emblem killed it for me.

And now, assuming both leaks are true, we'd get over 53 characters ? Won't happen. I'm kind of gullible but not on this anymore...

EDIT He just said one more DK newcomer would be ingame. The leak is so dead now, with announcing seven more characters ;

-Mike Jones (StarTropic)
-Takamaru
-Hades
-New DK character
-Chibi Robo
-Ridley

For a normal guy sounds completely fake now...

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
I'm sorry for taking back my statement on it, but I don't really trust this leak anymore.

The avatar thing from Fire Emblem killed it for me.

And now, assuming both leaks are true, we'd get over 53 characters ? Won't happen. I'm kind of gullible but not on this anymore...
just like how sal used correct character names :)

the thing that should indicate this is most likely Not A Thing is simply its source, not any contained info

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
No need to try to prove it fake, he's actively trying to do that all on his own. Even then, the moment a Retro-made StarTropics doesn't get announced or Sakurai doesn't say "I forgot to show you what's on the Pyrosphere, wait until release," it's even deader in the water than it already is.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
No need to try to prove it fake, he's actively trying to do that all on his own. Even then, the moment a Retro-made StarTropics doesn't get announced or Sakurai doesn't say "I forgot to show you what's on the Pyrosphere, wait until release," it's even deader in the water than it already is.
Let's be honest, it's deader than all the dead things actually. So sad, I coul believe it until today...

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace

I think the difference with Robin is that they're more of an avatar-like character, being much more customizable than the average rpg protag... so much so that I couldn't even specify a gender just then, because even that is up to the player. As it is with characters like Pokemon Trainer and Villager. Granted, they didn't have a default name to use for the Villager, but Pokemon Trainer could have easily been Red. I'm not saying there's no chance Robin won't be called Robin, just offering an explanation as to how people likely see it more as a suggestion for a name, rather than a much more canon name, like Link's. And I would love to have Robin in either way, myself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom