• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoShade

Smash Rookie
NNID
NeoShade
Unfortunately, the leak is still being discussed because, like all text leaks, no matter how bullcrap, amazing or disappointing they seem, they still have merit and should AT LEAST be archived so we can figure out who was actually right or, in the likeliest occurrence, which all of them were most wrong.
The only other problem, is that if enough people guess, someone will eventually get it right.

D

Deleted member 245254

they would have to get everything right though; that's the key

Guys, just 7 days more.
While I'm open to anyone joining the roster, in a way I'm hoping Ridley is a massive, home grown farce because if he ends up being playable I might have a shoe to eat.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Unfortunately, the leak is still being discussed because, like all text leaks, no matter how bullcrap, amazing or disappointing they seem, they still have merit and should AT LEAST be archived so we can figure out who was actually right or, in the likeliest occurrence, which all of them were most wrong.
oh i get why its being discussed and we should archive everything, im just surprised it was getting as much attention as it did and almost getting compared with the sal leak for what could happen at E3.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
oh i get why its being discussed and we should archive everything, im just surprised it was getting as much attention as it did and almost getting compared with the sal leak for what could happen at E3.
Considering the Sal leak has almost a year's worth of discussion, I doubt very much any leak has gotten as much attention.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Considering the Sal leak has almost a year's worth of discussion, I doubt very much any leak has gotten as much attention.
not that those 2 leaks were getting the same level of attention, obviously impossible, just that people seemed to be thinking the chance of this new leak or sal's leak turning out to be confirmed at E3 was equally or even remotely close to somewhat likely is laughable.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
come on people, a new starfox character? they haven't released a starfoxgame since in dunno... I haven't played Kid Icarus Uprising but I assume Hades is the final boss? He looks cool, but if Palutena makes it to the smashroster then there's already one newcomer from the Kid Icarus franchise... Would be out of usual if they decide to add a second newcomer... But hey, we're dealing with Sakutroll here so who'll know...

What I'm hoping/ would guess (if they're going to reveal newcomers at the E3) is that they'll introduce:
O Dixie as playable or assist, and cranky as an assist. I'm so hoping for Dixie to be playable!
O Palutena playable, since the odd reveal of Psuedo-Palutena's trophy which was at a first glimpse a hint to reveal Palutena as playable.
O Different Captain skins for Olimar and probably other characters too.
O Another Pokemon (maybe Jiggs and hopefully not) and i'm hoping Mewtwo. Somehow I wish they'd put Squirtle back as how he is now in PM since I love the slippery way of moving, but it might be just another character with that moveset, I don't care, plz just introduce something like that Sakurai!! plz!! ^^
Every game has added 2 characters from the same series in a single game. Mario & Luigi/Pikachu&Jigglypuff in 64. Marth&Roy, Pichu&Mewtwo, Peach&Bowser, Zelda&Ganondorf in melee, DDD&Meta Knight in Brawl. I won't be surprised if the same happens on 4.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Before I say this, mods, don't get mad, I'm saying this in reference to the leaks. I seriously do not believe Hades is in. I'll be honest, i'll be really mad. Why the heck would Kid Icarus get a 3rd rep. I get that it's Sakurai's baby. But it's not your "good baby" (that sounded really messed up haha) imo. It sold terribly. To me One Million copies of a game that got just above average reviews is not enough to warrant 3 reps. Heck, even Palutena I don't fully get. But I'd be glad and happy with her at least. Hades is too generic. Another normal human shaped large villain. I'd be pretty pissed at Sakurai if he got in. Over the likes of a 3rd DK rep, heck, even a 4th Kirby rep (I see you Waddle Dee Fans) or any of other liked series.

So because I really don't think Sakurai is that outright selfish (not the right word, but I think you get me), I think our roster is All Brawl Vetrans + announced Newcomers + Gematsu leak + Ridley and Mewtwo + Any extra. As for any extra, that should be a new series before freaking Hades. Chibi Robo would be pretty tight actually. Also that new Miyamoto game's main character. Miyamoto designs nice looking characters. Not.... Hades.....

That got a lot deeper into character discussion that I wanted so let me bring it around. I'm convinced our E3 newcomers are Pac-Man, Ridley, Mii, and maybe Mewtwo. Any others may not be announced beforehand. Ridley will be announced to produce hype which is what the game needs drastically. http://youtu.be/nEcabFkhpa8 <---- For any Ridley doubters. This video really put things into perspective for me.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Con0rrrr this isn't about what you want or what you think is logical, youre not designing the game after all.

Does anyone know where the original Hades/Ganondorf/Ridley thread is btw? I still haven't seen it post, and considering it talked specfically about e3, it might be worth taking a look at. After all, anyone can say they leaked something on 4chan before, so I'd like to see if there's any insight that can be gleamed from it.

Also, still no word from QueenofTermina, I'm confident she ignored my inquiries on her leak.

On a personal note, can we please try and not get this locked before e3? I realize characters are important to us all, even to the mods who constantly give out these warnings, but there are places for that and its not here. I never used the original leak thread I don't believe, but from all the nonsense I've seen here, I fully understand why it was locked and feel sympathy for the guys who have to monitor these kind of threads and maintain order, its clearly not easy.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Every game has added 2 characters from the same series in a single game. Mario & Luigi/Pikachu&Jigglypuff in 64. Marth&Roy, Pichu&Mewtwo, Peach&Bowser, Zelda&Ganondorf in melee, DDD&Meta Knight in Brawl. I won't be surprised if the same happens on 4.
Yeah you know two more Fire Emblem characters and two Kid Icarus characters? I wouldn't mind it considering I love Uprising (I would just prefer Viridi)

Plus, I can already see some KI bias with all the items, and already having three shown stages (probably the most of all series besides Mario right?)

Hades might be in, and I wouldn't be to stunned. It's the Mike from Startropics that I would find to be doubtful, especially after reading some Little Mac reactions from Japan.

Last edited:

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
Fairly positive that that has never actually been stated, it's just fan speculation based on what we have seen of alternate costume so far. To be fair, it is a good assumption.
I think I remember Sakurai stating he didn't want character changing costumes because he felt it would "take away" from that character. Though I don't remember him giving specific examples. I'll try to find it soon enough.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah you know two more Fire Emblem characters and two Kid Icarus characters? I wouldn't mind it considering I love Uprising (I would just prefer Viridi)

Plus, I can already see some KI bias with all the items, and already having three shown stages (probably the most of all series besides Mario right?)

Hades might be in, and I wouldn't be to stunned. It's the Mike from Startropics that I would find to be doubtful, especially after reading some Little Mac reactions from Japan.
If I made the game I'd add 3 Fire Emblem reps. :p

I'm pretty sure I read that Sakurai wasn't gonna play favourites with his series'. Mike would be a cool AT in all honesty. Yeah he is a retro with 2 games... but they never really sold that well in NA.

Last edited:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I think character discussion about characters within a rumor/leak constitutes as rumor/leak discussion so long as it doesn't derail into character details or characters not addressed in a leak. I don't think discussing the listed characters is a texted based character leak is scold worthy. I can lead to discoveries that can add to or take from a leak's percieved legitimacy.

But I guess we could go to character discussion, interrupt whatever is being discussed, come to a conclusion, and then bring back any results that contribute to the rumor/leak discussion.

However discussing the rules and my feelings toward them would technically constitute as "off topic". I have brought dishonor upon my family...

ANYWAY what leaks are alive and have any new ones surfaced? And by that I mean are there any that can be discussed that still feel fresh?

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I think character discussion about characters within a rumor/leak constitutes as rumor/leak discussion so long as it doesn't derail into character details or characters not addressed in a leak. I don't think discussing the listed characters is a texted based character leak is scold worthy. I can lead to discoveries that can add to or take from a leak's percieved legitimacy.

But I guess we could go to character discussion, interrupt whatever is being discussed, come to a conclusion, and then bring back any results that contribute to the rumor/leak discussion.

However discussing the rules and my feelings toward them would technically constitute as "off topic". I have brought dishonor upon my family...

ANYWAY what leaks are alive and have any new ones surfaced? And by that I mean are there any that can be discussed that still feel fresh?
Looks like the guy who revealead Hades and co. Will post something else today. Since I wont be here I count on you to get the infos he could give us.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
What about that Tails leak? It was debunked? If a second Sonic rep happens, it will be revealed at E3...

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Yoshi-Thomas post: 16829056 said:
Looks like the guy who revealead Hades and co. Will post something else today. Since I wont be here I count on you to get the infos he could give us.
Where did he say he would? Can you please link it so we can monitor it?

Also not officially it wasn't, but the Tails leak technically isn't an E3 leak.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I'm pretty sure guest characters won't get second reps.
This. 3rd parties should never have two reps. They are special guests for a reason.

(That and I'd rather see Knuckles if we HAD to have another from the same series.)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton

I'm pretty sure we only have two Kid Icarus Stages, one for each version.

Anyway, Honestly regarding gematsu, I have two things to say about it.

1. I don't think we will see it proven true or untrue at E3. I think Palutena, Mii and Pac Man will probably be revealed while the rest are hidden, Especially Choru Men. If Sakurai knows of the leak, he might make a few characters hidden on purpose just to keep the surprise. CHorus Men are the characters who need to be revealed before it is proven either way (Although it does look pretty likely at the moment)

2. The Roster is going to be the best so far I think. I'm starting to think that we might only get 2 or 3 cuts and there are characters not on the leak we still haven't seen

Ridley: Ridley from the direct is about the same size as Rosalina and Bowser it was discovered. Sakurai would not shrink Ridley just to make him a tiny boss.
Retro character: We haven't got this guy yet? I'm thinking Takamaru, he has alot of things in his favour at the moment.
K Rool: Requested, Kremlings in Smash Run. His only competition is Dixie and if you had to choose, who would you add? A sidekicks Sidekick or the main antoagonist. I think a DK newcomer is pretty likely anyway.
Snake?: Will he come back? There isn't really a reason to when you realise that he is in the same situation as he was in Brawl. I think he will be back.

Thats already 51-52 characters. We could go up to 54-55 but that is REALLLLLY tretching it.

So to sum it up. I think we might get 2 cuts and 15 newcomers.

I think this might be our roster, A good one at that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

This. 3rd parties should never have two reps. They are special guests for a reason.

(That and I'd rather see Knuckles if we HAD to have another from the same series.)
I think Tails would be pretty spectacular.

Nobody remembers the infamous (game informer I think it was) cruel melee April fools joke? I spent weeks in that mode over that.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I'm pretty sure we only have two Kid Icarus Stages, one for each version.

Anyway, Honestly regarding gematsu, I have two things to say about it.

1. I don't think we will see it proven true or untrue at E3. I think Palutena, Mii and Pac Man will probably be revealed while the rest are hidden, Especially Choru Men. If Sakurai knows of the leak, he might make a few characters hidden on purpose just to keep the surprise. CHorus Men are the characters who need to be revealed before it is proven either way (Although it does look pretty likely at the moment)

2. The Roster is going to be the best so far I think. I'm starting to think that we might only get 2 or 3 cuts and there are characters not on the leak we still haven't seen

Ridley: Ridley from the direct is about the same size as Rosalina and Bowser it was discovered. Sakurai would not shrink Ridley just to make him a tiny boss.
Retro character: We haven't got this guy yet? I'm thinking Takamaru, he has alot of things in his favour at the moment.
K Rool: Requested, Kremlings in Smash Run. His only competition is Dixie and if you had to choose, who would you add? A sidekicks Sidekick or the main antoagonist. I think a DK newcomer is pretty likely anyway.
Snake?: Will he come back? There isn't really a reason to when you realise that he is in the same situation as he was in Brawl. I think he will be back.

Thats already 51-52 characters. We could go up to 54-55 but that is REALLLLLY tretching it.

So to sum it up. I think we might get 2 cuts and 15 newcomers.

I think this might be our roster, A good one at that.
No, I was looking through the April direct today (I was looking at the gameplay vids) and I saw that both the Reset Bomb Factory and Reset Bomb Forest were named as stages, along with Palutena's Temple.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I think I remember Sakurai stating he didn't want character changing costumes because he felt it would "take away" from that character. Though I don't remember him giving specific examples. I'll try to find it soon enough.
I think the quote you are looking for refers to non-canon or silly costumes... the sort of thing you might see in Tekken (Mario as a pirate or Peach in a Bikini.) Using costumes to create completely different characters is a slightly different thing.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Warning Received
If Sonic had 2 guest spots I'd rather Robotnik... unless Sakurai decides to call him Eggman.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Count on me specifically or "you" as in the people of this thread?
The pressure of resposibility is real. *poof*:substitute:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Your right, people amke mistake all the time :p

Do you guys think we might see the starting roster at E3? It would be a massive leak killer I think if we did.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Your right, people amke mistake all the time :p

Do you guys think we might see the starting roster at E3? It would be a massive leak killer I think if we did.
No, I don't think so, mainly because then we would know there would most likely be no more reveals after E3 which would be a hype killer. Also, like Brawl, we won't even have announced characters at the demo, so I don't think we will see the whole starting cast.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
No, I don't think so, mainly because then we would know there would most likely be no more reveals after E3 which would be a hype killer. Also, like Brawl, we won't even have announced characters at the demo, so I don't think we will see the whole starting cast.
The thing is though, the 3DS is getting a winter release (aus) so if they are going for a late June or early July, we might get lucky.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
The thing is though, the 3DS is getting a winter release (aus) so if they are going for a late June or early July, we might get lucky.
You mean summer right? And still, I think having a few more characters shown before release is better than showing the final list of starters. Or they won't say that it's the final list of starters because they want people to think at least one more character will be shown. If that ends up being the case, it might not kill leaks..

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You mean summer right? And still, I think having a few more characters shown before release is better than showing the final list of starters. Or they won't say that it's the final list of starters because they want people to think at least one more character will be shown. If that ends up being the case, it might not kill leaks..
The 3DS version is released in Winter in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom