• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
E3 Rumor Discussion Thread

With E3 drawing closer and closer each day, it is a guaranteed fact that rumors and leaks will be flying around; ripe for speculation. In order to avoid a mass amount of threads pertaining to each leak and to provide a space for users to discuss them, it has been decided to try to create a thread dedicated to discussing the E3 rumors and leaks. In order to avoid the same fate of the now defunct Rumor and Leak Discussion Thread, let's keep this one more focused on E3 and less spammy and trolly.

The Rules

However, as we know from previous rumor/leak-related threads that often they tend to devolve into insanity quickly so please be mindful of these following criteria before you post:

1. Is the rumor or leak substantial? Is it a legit rumor or leak with substantial evidence backing it? If you are unsure, please contact myself @ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom or any other of the Smash 4 mods to ask if it is ok to post a rumor or leak. I assure that we do not bite.
  2. If you post a rumor or leak, please cite the source with a proper link and the original author if possible. If there is a picture or video, please post that as well.
  3. Do not create and distribute rumors or leaks of E3. Doing so will award you with an infraction.
  4. Discuss only E3-related rumors and/or leaks. Therefore, rumors and leaks (such as the Palutena leak) are strictly prohibited and will award you an infraction. However, the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak is permissible only if it is related to E3. Discussing it outside of the E3 context will be infraction worthy. To discuss the aforementioned leak, go to here.
  5. Please stay on topic. Discussion of E3 related topics is permissible but keep the focus on the active rumors and leaks. Straying off topic will result in warnings from moderators and infractions if it continues.
  6. Please be civil. Do not offend others that might have a different opinion from yours and treat others with respect. Unnecessary trolling or flaming will result in infractions.
  7. This thread extends to E3, the Nintendo Display, the Super Smash Bros. Invitational, and the Super Smash Bros. SmashFest @ Best Buy. Therefore, rumors and leaks pertaining to non-Nintendo\Smash subjects is ok but please keep the majority of the discussion on Smash.
  8. Once the Super Smash Bros. portion of E3 including the Invitational and SmashFest is over, this thread will be locked and closed.
List of Rumors/Leaks
Here is the list of rumors and leaks that have been posted in this thread. Please note that this thread integrated the previous threads: New Leaked Sketch of E3 (Rumors) and Supposed E3 Information

Leaked: Nintendo Digital Event
Author: GameOtaku
Created: May 10th
Poster: @ SorrowOfAcheron SorrowOfAcheron

Leak/Rumor Details said:
This information comes from person, who works at Nintendo Europe in Germany and prepares few elements for upcoming show. Sorry for my English, it’s not my native language.

Nintendo Digital Event will be something between Nintendo Direct, and classic E3 stage show. This will be something like TV Show hosting by Nintendo executives (Iwata, Shibata, Reggie etc.) and with live audience (most of them will be Nintendo employees).

Nintendo knows, that upcoming E3 is the last moment for saving Wii U, so most of the time, they gonna tell about Wii U games, but of course there will be time for 3DS games too.

They gonna be two biggest stars of the show: new Zelda game, and Smash Bros (especially for Wii U).

WII U

New Zelda game – As they said, Nintendo will finally show us brand new Wii U Zelda. They gonna show us CGI trailer, and also a few minutes of gameplay. It will be true open world Zelda (Elder Scrolls style). It will have two regions, one dark and edgy. Second more colorful, just like Skyward Sword. Game will be playable at E3. Release date: 2015.

Smash Bros Wii U/3DS – They will reveal release dates for both versions (SB Wii U in November). Show more gameplay, and presents all fighters and stages. They will also talk about Smash DLC and NFC Figures.

Monolith Soft X (Xenoworld) – Open world jrpg with story mode and cooperation similar to Monster Hunter Games. You can play it alone with AI companions. Release date winter 2014 in Japan and march 2015 in the west.

Bayonetta 2 – Trailer and release date (fall 2014)

FExSMT/Yarn Yoshi – first trailers and release dates (first half of 2015)

Hyrule Warriors – first trailer, release date is October 2014. Hyrule Warriors is final title.

Fatal Frame/Project Zero – first CGI trailer, “coming soon”

Retro Studios Game – New IP, sci-fi action adventure game, first CGI trailer, “coming soon”

New Miyamoto’s game – Lots of Gamepad and NFC gimmicks.

Mario Party U – Nintendo’s holiday game for casual gamers, classic Mario Party, but with NFC figurines.

Pokken – first trailer, Pokemon fighting game from Namco, 2015

NINTENDO 3DS

Smash Bros – more details about 3DS version

Pokemon Omega Ruby/Apha Saphire – trailer, details about game

Tomodachi Life – trailer, details

Yokai Watch/Dragon Quest VII – west release announcement, trailers, details and release dates (autumn-winter 2014)

Metroid 3DS – developed by Next Level Games, classic 2.5D Metroid, trailer, release date: December 2014

BIG FINAL SUPRISE

Star Fox – reboot of the series, developed by Platinum Games. First trailer, CGI and gameplay. Game is mix of Star Fox Adventures and classic Star Fox games. Release date: 2015.
Consensus: Still debating....

EX Expo Schedule Leak
Author: N/A
Created: N/A
Poster: @Adond

Leak/Rumor Deatils said:
Consensus: Still debating....

If you would like to contribute a potential rumor and leak, feel free to post it in the thread but be mindful if it seems like a legit rumor/leak. As always, contact a Smash 4 moderator to check to see if the rumor/leak is allowed. Let's try to keep this thread free of spam, trolling, and flaming in order to make it a respectable place to discuss potential E3 rumors Be mindful of the rules and feel free to contact myself if you feel the rules are being broken.

Last edited:

Showmethesmash

Smash Rookie
If everything in that is true then they need to change the date of Xmas, that is all great news. Nov release, dlc, Zelda gameplay, star fox, metroid and the rest. Fingers crossed.

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
Sounds great but wouldn't this be for the actual E3 Direct?
I also wouldn't say to believe in this sorts of leaks, when leaks come through, all we can do is speculate. When the actual information comes, there is no point in discussing the leak.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I don't like believing in this stuff but....

I so want EVERYTHING to be true, would be an absolutely amazing E3. If it's true though, it makes me wonder how long in development the NFC figure system has been in development if Sm4sh will utilize them.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
As everyone has said... this would be awesome. I find it hard to believe this stuff though. NFC for Smash would cause outrage. DLC would work, but if it's Day 1 DLC... I shudder to think how it would be received.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I highly doubt all characters and stages will be revealed. Sakurai wouldn't do that before the game is released, I don't think.
New Metroid and Star Fox would be hype.
Some of the leak seems kinda inconsistent. Like there is details for some titles in the text, but not details for others. A lot of this leak sounds like educated predictions more than insider information.

Last edited:

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
I highly doubt all characters and stages will be revealed. Sakurai wouldn't do that before the game is released, I don't think.
Some of the leak seems kinda inconsistent. Like there is details for some titles in the text, but not details for others. A lot of this leak sounds like educated predictions more than insider information.
Yeah I completely agree.
Seems like the list everyone would predict TBH.
And a new Star Fox and Metroid have been speculated for years.

D

Deleted member 245254

Um, the thing most getting my attention the the Pokemon fighting game.

Are we hyping on these boards for...the wrong game?!

Last edited by a moderator:

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
Um, the thing most getting my attention the the Pokemon fighting game.

Are we hyping on these boards for...the wrong game?!
Yeah, that's also another reason why this is unlikely.
If they are both announced, they would be fighting for each others attention and Nintendo wouldn't want that.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Not to mention Nintendo of Germany has like, NO connection to E3 whatsoever besides being a Nintendo branch. Also, we've seen "excuse my English as I proceed to talk in perfect English" a billion times before.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
He could though. After all he wasn't happy about SSE getting spoiled so he could just confirm everything so nothing could get spoiled now.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
My thoughts:

New Zelda game – As they said, Nintendo will finally show us brand new Wii U Zelda. They gonna show us CGI trailer, and also a few minutes of gameplay. It will be true open world Zelda (Elder Scrolls style). It will have two regions, one dark and edgy. Second more colorful, just like Skyward Sword. Game will be playable at E3. Release date: 2015.

Well they did say a new Zelda game is going to show up at E3. I can't say for certain what style the new game will take. I think I will wait for E3 to come and see what this turns out.

Smash Bros Wii U/3DS – They will reveal release dates for both versions (SB Wii U in November). Show more gameplay, and presents all fighters and stages. They will also talk about Smash DLC and NFC Figures.

It is obvious that Smash Bros will appear in E3 and it is very likely we will get further info on the release dates as well as gameplay, new unveils etc. I'm not entirely certain if they will talk anything about DLC as I do feel it is a bit too soon to talk about this and I am not 100% certain how the NFC figure technology will implement within the game(s), it will be interesting to see how it works. Also not sure what they exactly meant by all "present characters" and "stages", do they mean characters/stages announced so far?

Monolith Soft X (Xenoworld) – Open world jrpg with story mode and cooperation similar to Monster Hunter Games. You can play it alone with AI companions. Release date winter 2014 in Japan and march 2015 in the west.

X does look pretty impressive so far. Will have to wait for E3 if the claims are true or not.

Bayonetta 2 – Trailer and release date (fall 2014)

Not going to comment much on the game but I probably expect a release date for Bayonetta 2.

FExSMT/Yarn Yoshi – first trailers and release dates (first half of 2015)

I do predict there will be hopefully more info on Yarn Yoshi and especially Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem at E3 since it had been a long while since I heard from them.

Hyrule Warriors – first trailer, release date is October 2014. Hyrule Warriors is final title.

I expect at least a new trailer and release date for this.

Retro Studios Game – New IP, sci-fi action adventure game, first CGI trailer, “coming soon”

Interesting. Will wait and see at E3,

New Miyamoto’s game – Lots of Gamepad and NFC gimmicks.

Again, just like what I said about Smash Bros, this will be an opportunity for Nintendo to demonstrate NFC technology. As if this is indeed Miyamoto's new game, I will wait and see by E3.

Mario Party U – Nintendo’s holiday game for casual gamers, classic Mario Party, but with NFC figurines.

Again will wait and see by E3.

Pokken – first trailer, Pokemon fighting game from Namco, 2015

I won't be too surprised if this was unveiled after all those recent "trademarks" made.

NINTENDO 3DS

Smash Bros – more details about 3DS version

Again, it is obvious they will provide a bit more on the 3DS version as well as the Wii U version.

Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire – trailer, details about game

Again not going to be surprised if this does show up at E3.

Tomodachi Life – trailer, details

I know Tomodachi Life comes out before E3, but I wonder what new info will they share?

Yokai Watch/Dragon Quest VII – west release announcement, trailers, details and release dates (autumn-winter 2014)

Will have to wait and see at E3.

Metroid 3DS – developed by Next Level Games, classic 2.5D Metroid, trailer, release date: December 2014

Again, will have to wait until E3.

BIG FINAL SUPRISE

Star Fox – reboot of the series, developed by Platinum Games. First trailer, CGI and gameplay. Game is mix of Star Fox Adventures and classic Star Fox games. Release date: 2015.

Will wait for E3 to see if this is true or not.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I understand everyone's excitement, but I honestly would be disappointed as I, personally, only really care for Smash, Pokken, Gen III remakes, and maybe Mario Party U. However, I'll say that I don't really believe this leak.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
It could be all starter characters and stages.

He did say "all" though...

In general, this leak seems to be information that is too good to be true mixed in with information that we expect.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
If this was a true leak then that would be some cool stuff. I don't like to put any weight into rumors though but this seems pretty cool.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Your not alone unless they mean't the starter stuff no way sakurai will reveal all of the unlockable stuff till after the release of the 3ds version

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yeah, sorry, but I'm not buying it.

I've never seen a true E3 leak before. Sometimes they'll get one or two things correct, but never all of it. Don't get your hopes up.

R0Y

Smash Master
I'd rather Retro work on DK64 Returns, Metroid, or the Star Fox reboot. New IP would be great but Star Fox, Metroid, and F-Zero are neglected existing IP's. Don't care for Platinum at all.

At any rate, http://gameotakublog.wordpress.com is a good sign that this is almost certainly fake.

Last edited:

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Mostly obvious stuff + things that were confirmed + wild announcements of what fans want.

Dread Fighter

Smash Rookie
NNID
pammygayle
3DS FC
0130-3036-4347
I doubt they would reveal all of the characters and stages, and if they do use the NFCs for Sm4sh I'm fine as long as it's not something like "buy the figurine to unlock the character"

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Isn't it kind of odd that this leak is the only thing on this website?

It says X is for 2015 but at the investors meeting it was still listed as 2014. Also I doubt they'd reveal every fighter and stage for Smash Bros, especially with the Wi U release so far away.

3DS Metroid and Pokken would be freaking hype though.

D

Deleted member

I hate how this leak has no shot of ever being true.

Too bad Nintendo won't deliver such an awesome E3.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Some things here are a given, such as a ton of Smash info coming our way and the Zelda Wii U reveal, but I think the Star Fox and Metroid parts are pretty unlikely.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'd like all of this to be true, but unfortunately, this seems to play it extremely safe. For example, the author grouped Yarn Yoshi and FE X SMT together, something I find kinda suspicious considering those were the two games from Nintendo's Jan. Direct in 2013 not showed off again.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
The only one I can believe are Yarn Yoshi, Smash Bros and New Zelda. We need to wait 5 weeks for June 10 2014.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i dont but any of it

why would they show tomodatchi life when itd already be out by then

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
I highly doubt that DLC would be in the next Smash, since Sakurai basically said it's not a possibility.

Mario Kart 8 basically made this fake. Plus, Zelda Wii U doesn't even have a title, so more confirmation of fake.
Has Nintendo said said anything about Zelda Wii U's title?
This is supposed to be a leak, i.e. telling us what the title for the game will be.

Not saying this is real, though.

Morbi

Scavenger
I highly doubt that DLC would be in the next Smash, since Sakurai basically said it's not a possibility.

Mario Kart 8 basically made this fake. Plus, Zelda Wii U doesn't even have a title, so more confirmation of fake.
Can you please provide a source on Sakurai asserting that DLC is not a possibility?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
As far as I recall Sakurai said he wanted to finish the game before even thinking about DLC but that doesn't mean much one way or the other.

My theory is that Smash 3DS will be launched and then when the WiiU version comes out there'll be a DLC pack that comes for that version first so there's more to look forward to. No proof, just wishful thinking really.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
My thoughts:
  • Bayonetta 2 - Obviously, a release date will be shown.
  • Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 2 (3DS) - Would be pretty cool. Simon Belmont for Smash, anyone? :smirk:
  • Hyrule Warriors - We'll see a tad more gameplay and maybe multiple playable characters?
  • Mario Kart 8 - This one makes this rumor fishy. If anything, we'll get a glimpse at possible DLC.
  • Monster Hunter 4: Ultimate (3DS) - Probably.
  • Pokken Fighters - A reveal for this is definitely plausible.
  • Sonic Boom - More information about both versions of the game will be shown, as well as the 3DS version's reveal.
  • Super Smash Bros. U - Definitely, 2 or 3 newcomers, veterans, and stages. Maybe release date?
  • Super Smash Bros. 3D - Same as above but I think it'll get more focus since it'll be released first. Guaranteed release date.
  • Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (3DS) - I don't know anything about FF so nothing to say there.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Shard of Nightmare - Epic name. Whether this is true or not, we will see a Zelda.
  • Xenogears: Origins - If this is the same thing as 'X' then there's no doubt we'll be seeing this.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Can you please provide a source on Sakurai asserting that DLC is not a possibility?
The only source on that I can find on a similar vein is an old Brawl-era interview where Sakurai said DLC is impossible on the Wii.

He has said he wants to finish the Wii U/3DS version before thinking about DLC, so it seems unlikely there will be DLC at E3.
But his mind could have changed, he could:
-Have more characters on the Wii U version that are later 3DS DLC
-Announce that patches will be supported and utilized if needed (seems like the most likely form of "DLC" to announce)
-Announce a poll for future DLC characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom