• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
- A COMBination of 6 more fighters!
Doesn't look like it's impossible if what the guy on 4 chan said is true. We would have 16 newcomers with this leak and the Sal Romano one, and normally at E3 we should have Ganondorf, Hades, Ridley, Lucas, Chibi Robo and Mike Jones revealed. But he also said that Hades and Ganondorf won't be shown, with a new pair of newcomer/veteran being shown. I can see Palutena taking the place.

Newcomers would be, in the end ;

-Chorus Men -Luma & Rosalina -Chrom
-Chibi Robo -Hades -Shulk
-Megaman -Palutena -Mike Jones
-Villager -Little Mac -Pac-Man
-Wii Fit Trainer -Greninja -Mii

He said the teasing of Ridley, so him being playable ? Let's say yes ; Sixteen newcomers

Assuming we keep everyone, including Snake, but we lose Suirtle and Ivysaur (37 veterans), we come at 53 characters +-2 (possible Mewtwo takes place of Snake).
The final roster would be so disappointing, it wouldn't even surprise me it's real.
I mean, we have plenty of wanted characters, but then we have Mike Jones, Wii Fit Trainer, Chorus men... Maybe you want them now, but personally I never heard of them, or even thought about 'em being playable.
But since we will have some villains and cool characters, I would be ok, so wait and see.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Mike jones would be interesting. That leak ain't to bad but I could easily see Palutena and hades joining at this point sakurai lives his work. As for exclusive characters I wouldn't mind, I'm buying both anyway.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Doesn't look like it's impossible if what the guy on 4 chan said is true. We would have 16 newcomers with this leak and the Sal Romano one, and normally at E3 we should have Ganondorf, Hades, Ridley, Lucas, Chibi Robo and Mike Jones revealed. But he also said that Hades and Ganondorf won't be shown, with a new pair of newcomer/veteran being shown. I can see Palutena taking the place.

Newcomers would be, in the end ;

-Chorus Men -Luma & Rosalina -Chrom
-Chibi Robo -Hades -Shulk
-Megaman -Palutena -Mike Jones
-Villager -Little Mac -Pac-Man
-Wii Fit Trainer -Greninja -Mii

He said the teasing of Ridley, so him being playable ? Let's say yes ; Sixteen newcomers

Assuming we keep everyone, including Snake, but we lose Suirtle and Ivysaur (37 veterans), we come at 53 characters +-2 (possible Mewtwo takes place of Snake).
The final roster would be so disappointing, it wouldn't even surprise me it's real.
I mean, we have plenty of wanted characters, but then we have Mike Jones, Wii Fit Trainer, Chorus men... Maybe you want them now, but personally I never heard of them, or even thought about 'em being playable.
But since we will have some villains and cool characters, I would be ok, so wait and see.
It's still a ton better than the Gematsu leak alone, if only for Ridley at least. With that said, I highly doubt both will hold true since 16 newcomers is way more than expected, and given that the Gematsu leak is the one with the most merit I definitely don't find this leak to be very plausible. Then there's also the fact that it's a simple text leak, everyone could write that up, even someone in our own rank, so yeah.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
It's still a ton better than the Gematsu leak alone, if only for Ridley at least. With that said, I highly doubt both will hold true since 16 newcomers is way more than expected, and given that the Gematsu leak is the one with the most merit I definitely don't find this leak to be very plausible. Then there's also the fact that it's a simple text leak, everyone could write that up, even someone in our own rank, so yeah.
Well, reminder that Sakurai said that while he doesn't want to put too many newcomers just for the sake of putting many newcomers, he also stated that his team could add up to 20 newcomers. 16/17 with Mewtwo is not impossible.
If at least two of those six newcomers (4chan/e3 leak) appear at E3, I'll assume he is saying the truth.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I know this got debunked a while back but I remember when we were analyzing the demo leak, one thing I said is the grid could end up 9 columns 6 rows, which equals 54 slots. Assuming no cuts outside Squirtle and Ivy and all those leaks are right thats 53 plus random.

Like I said, demo css was debunked and all, but if the CSS for 4 is like Brawls, it is possible. The biggest issue being I have no idea how you would organize 9 columns 6 rows, especially in the Mario and Zelda columns.

Perhaps we should keep track of the various characters that are supposed to be revealed at e3 btw? Though I will say if we see Mike Jones and Lucas as E3 highlights, ill believe anything this guy says lmao

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Another possibility (though it doesn't support the leak at all) is if the 3ds version came with...lets say 48 or so characters. However when the Wii U version comes out, it has 50+ characters, and any character not on the 3ds version would be free DLC, since this would only be done if a character isn't ready for 3ds launch.
I could see this happening. If you think about it, it would be a way to keep hype up for the Wii U version since a huge amount of the hype comes from not knowing the full roster.

I don't think we'd get any more than maybe 4 characters from this method though. It would probably consist of low priority stragglers that were already planned to be included.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I know this got debunked a while back but I remember when we were analyzing the demo leak, one thing I said is the grid could end up 9 columns 6 rows, which equals 54 slots. Assuming no cuts outside Squirtle and Ivy and all those leaks are right thats 53 plus random.

Like I said, demo css was debunked and all, but if the CSS for 4 is like Brawls, it is possible. The biggest issue being I have no idea how you would organize 9 columns 6 rows, especially in the Mario and Zelda columns.
Well it could be 10 columns, 5 rows + one row not complete, something like this ;

We would be closer from melee. And brawl was a bit unorganized until you unlocked all the characters.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Guys, my dad works for Nintendo and he says Mario's gonna be in it.

100% confirmed real.
Fake he was replaced by Mike Jones, get your facts straight pls. Plus he is a clone of Luigi so 100% he will not come back.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Found this:

""I work for Nintendo and I’m going to leak what I know of the Smash E3 demo. I don’t actually work directly on Smash or anything, but I did glean a few things. Believe me or don’t. This will be my only post in this thread. Anyone who posts a tiled blurry screenshot of a game, by the way, is lying.

>Announced returning characters: Mewtwo, Ness, Ganondorf. Ganondorf has a completely new moveset drawn from the games he’s been in. I don’t know if his old moveset is returning in any capacity.
>Nintendo has a new IP they’re announcing at E3, and the main character of it will be playable in Smash 4.
>There will be one character unique to the 3DS and one character unique to the Wii U. They’re doing this to force you to buy both versions. I know they said the rosters would be the same, they either lied or they changed their minds. The 3DS character will be the Tactician from Fire Emblem Awakening. I don’t know who the Wii U character is. By doing this, they’re going to announce three new characters total at E3 (combined with the above point). I don’t know anything about Palutena, in case you’re wondering.
>They’re announcing playable alt costumes with alternate voice acting but they’re otherwise identical. Examples given are Daisy/Peach, Lucas/Ness, and Lucina/Marth.
>New assist trophies: Chrom, Magnus, King K. Rool
>New items: Fishing Pole (LoZ, you whip it forward and it hooks onto someone and you can restrict their movements for a bit)
>New final smashes: Fox has an Arwing he summons instead of Landmaster. You fly around and shoot directly in front of you and the lasers ignore terrain and anything that would block them""

Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69350640

Find this hard to believe since it was already mentioned that the 3DS and Wii U will have the same characters.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well it could be 10 columns, 5 rows + one row not complete, something like this ;

We would be closer from melee. And brawl was a bit unorganized until you unlocked all the characters.
I imagine it'd be the 4 third parties that'd be at the bottom, but other than that it looks solid.

T

Trick or Treat

>Nintendo has a new IP they’re announcing at E3, and the main character of it will be playable in Smash 4.
>They’re announcing playable alt costumes with alternate voice acting but they’re otherwise identical. Examples given are Daisy/Peach
Whether this leak is legit or not, I reallllly hope both of these come true anyway.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Found this:

""I work for Nintendo and I’m going to leak what I know of the Smash E3 demo. I don’t actually work directly on Smash or anything, but I did glean a few things. Believe me or don’t. This will be my only post in this thread. Anyone who posts a tiled blurry screenshot of a game, by the way, is lying.

>Announced returning characters: Mewtwo, Ness, Ganondorf. Ganondorf has a completely new moveset drawn from the games he’s been in. I don’t know if his old moveset is returning in any capacity.
>There will be one character unique to the 3DS and one character unique to the Wii U. They’re doing this to force you to buy both versions. I know they said the rosters would be the same, they either lied or they changed their minds. The 3DS character will be the Tactician from Fire Emblem Awakening. I don’t know who the Wii U character is. By doing this, they’re going to announce three new characters total at E3 (combined with the above point). I don’t know anything about Palutena, in case you’re wondering.
>They’re announcing playable alt costumes with alternate voice acting but they’re otherwise identical. Examples given are Daisy/Peach, Lucas/Ness, and Lucina/Marth.
>New assist trophies: Chrom, Magnus, King K. Rool
>New items: Fishing Pole (LoZ, you whip it forward and it hooks onto someone and you can restrict their movements for a bit)
>New final smashes: Fox has an Arwing he summons instead of Landmaster. You fly around and shoot directly in front of you and the lasers ignore terrain and anything that would block them""

Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69350640

Find this hard to believe since it was already mentioned that the 3DS and Wii U will have the same characters.
Is that your only clue to not believe it?

Here's some more:
Litterally Everyone can play as someone from Nintendo by not fully identifying itself.
He says I'm from Nintendo. If that is so, he now has broken the rules by bringing out secret information and risking his job... would you risk your job at nintendo by spoiling some gamefacts?

Neo Zero

So lets see

Leak 1:
-Ridley
-Chrom
-Mewtwo
-Pac Man

Leak 2:
-Mewtwo
-Ness
-Ganondorf
-New IP char
-One last char
-Alt costumes

Leak 3:
-Mike Jones
-Lucas
-Chibi-robo

Is what we have for active text leaks and what they say will be at E3

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
So lets see

Leak 1:
-Ridley
-Chrom
-Mewtwo
-Pac Man

Leak 2:
-Mewtwo
-Ness
-Ganondorf
-New IP char
-One last char
-Alt costumes

Leak 3:
-Mike Jones
-Lucas
-Chibi-robo

Is what we have for active text leaks and what they say will be at E3
Dunno about the first two leaks, but the third one said Hades, Ridley and Ganondorf for E3, with Hades and Ganon being switched. Lucas, Chbi and Mike won't be at E3.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Except, if anyone were to come up with the idea, it'd have been Nintendo, not Sakurai.

And I don't see how it'd make Sakurai a liar. Both games would still have the same roster. A single character difference, to entice people to buy both, which would unlock in both (thus making it still the same roster) isn't a lie.

You'd have to be stupid to think Nintendo doesn't want you to buy both versions. The games have different stages, different modes, and different features. There's already enough to justify buying both and ONE character missing from each roster unless you own both isn't really a crazy or offensive idea.

Like, why would this suddenly be ridiculous when Nintendo has already done it on with Mario Golf/Tennis on N64/GBC, and with Pokemon to an extent? It also ensures that they entice people to buy the Wii U version instead of going DERR WELL I HAVE THE 3DS ONE, SO I'M GOOD.

In fact, I thought this was a no-brainer from DAY 1 when they said they connected. I assumed the 3DS game would have handheld-specific newcomers and the Wii U would have console-specific newcomers and you could unlock the exclusives in the opposite version by owning both.
Except there's better ways to go about making both versions enticing to the average consumer than going the Pokemon route with the roster. One character not present in the other roster could mean all the difference between selling millions of copies and not. For the Wii U version, right now, Sakurai's probably walking on eggshells trying not to break them. This is a fragile situation, very do or die for the Wii U version, honestly, and how well the Wii U version sells is going to boil down to how well Sakurai cram packs both games to make them as enticing to the average consumer to purchase as possible. The 3DS version has the novelty of being portable Smash, novelty being something the Wii U version unfortunately doesn't have, yet..

We're going to have to agree to disagree that having a version exclusive character(s) is the best way to go about it. This works in Pokemon because there's over seven hundred Pokemon, and missing ten or twenty doesn't make a genuine impact on the overall game and can be easily obtained anyway. Playing games with the most important part of a fighting game - the roster - is a great way to not sell your fighting game, especially in an 'All-Star' crossover fighting game. You know, the same one that insists Wii Fit Trainer is an All-Star?

Nintendo wouldn't have come up with the idea 'cause, honestly, at this point, I'd imagine that Sakurai has creative freedom to do whatever he wants with the franchise without Nintendo's guidance. Has it come up? I guarantee you it has, otherwise Sakurai would never have said 'The rosters between both games won't be different.'. It's the same as the warnings on frozen pizza that tell you not to eat it frozen. It has to be said 'cause that sort of thing is important and has come up in some capacity at some point.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that the connectivity between the two games will have anything to do with the rosters. I'm sure Sakurai has something worth sharing with us involving this at E3. This is one of the defining features of the game, and he's running out of time to talk about it, and when best to do it than in front of the biggest captive gaming audience's most important week?

Now, if you want to talk version exclusive characters, I could see them doing this with DLC and/or the NFC figurines. I doubt anything that legitimately is coming with the launch version will have anything version exclusive if Sakurai has any say in it.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Dunno about the first two leaks, but the third one said Hades, Ridley and Ganondorf for E3, with Hades and Ganon being switched. Lucas, Chbi and Mike won't be at E3.
It said Ridley would be teased, and it said the Ganondorf/Hades trailer was to be replaced by the Mike/Lucas one.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
It said Ridley would be teased, and it said the Ganondorf/Hades trailer was to be replaced by the Mike/Lucas one.
boards.deniableplausibility.net/v/thread/246053410/#246053410

He never said which newcomer and Veteran, he just gave us three more characters.

Edit ; nvm you are right, I didn't read the full bio.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Is that your only clue to not believe it?

Here's some more:
Litterally Everyone can play as someone from Nintendo by not fully identifying itself.
He says I'm from Nintendo. If that is so, he now has broken the rules by bringing out secret information and risking his job... would you risk your job at nintendo by spoiling some gamefacts?
Nintendo isn't even working on the game though.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
ridley was teased in the smash direct with only his shadow in the metroid stage... I think he's gonna be a stage hazard. IF they'll add a metroid-character, it's gonna be a hunter. Dark Samus is already an assist, ridley is a stagehazard probably and other further characters aren't really known to the big audience.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
ridley was teased in the smash direct with only his shadow in the metroid stage... I think he's gonna be a stage hazard. IF they'll add a metroid-character, it's gonna be a hunter. Dark Samus is already an assist, ridley is a stagehazard probably and other further characters aren't really known to the big audience.
Why would it be a hunter? They only appeared in 1 game.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Who?

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Well the size of that Ridley is a playable size apparently, yada yada Ridley support yada, they could put one of the other Pyrosphere bosses as a stage hazard, and I reckon they will, probably Goyagma or Vorash, and I think the top candidates for other Metroid reps are Anthony Higgs and Sylux.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Well the size of that Ridley is a playable size apparently, yada yada Ridley support yada, they could put one of the other Pyrosphere bosses as a stage hazard, and I reckon they will, probably Goyagma or Vorash, and I think the top candidates for other Metroid reps are Anthony Higgs and Sylux.
Or maybe Magdollites like the one that almost ate Higgs when Ridley knocked him into the lava of Pyrosphere.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
These Mike Jones leaks are a tad odd if you ask me. His games never made it to Japan- it would be the Little Mac reveal ten times worse. At least Punch Out made it there. Unless they're planning to revive the franchise, then maybe, but i don't see it very likely at this point in time. Watch, they'll announce a reboot and i'll eat crow...

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
These Mike Jones leaks are a tad odd if you ask me. His games never made it to Japan- it would be the Little Mac reveal ten times worse. At least Punch Out made it there. Unless they're planning to revive the franchise, then maybe, but i don't see it very likely at this point in time. Watch, they'll announce a reboot and i'll eat crow...
Well it looks like we both have bets ; I have to main Ridley in smash 4 if he is revealed as being playable.

Last edited:

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
I like how these 'leaks' seem to be targetting the most obscure characters possible out of desperation.
Do the people that make them have any idea how foolish they look?
We know that Sakurai with play it safe overall and throw us a couple curve balls like WFT. At least she is from a well-established and high selling series, even if no one expected her in Smash.

I don't really care for 'leaks', but if they are true (which I doubt), I really like this roster. We have some odd WTF characters but also fan favourites, and expected characters.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I don't really care for 'leaks', but if they are true (which I doubt), I really like this roster. We have some odd WTF characters but also fan favourites, and expected characters.
I'm with you. Hades and Ridley make this roster for me. Mike Jones is just the icing on that delicious cake.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I'm with you. Hades and Ridley make this roster for me. Mike Jones is just the icing on that delicious cake.
A cake with a taste never tasted before. I'm surprised you'd be okay with Mike Jones, though. Does he even have a support thread ?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

My ONLY issue is no DK newcomer. Other wise, this is a suspiciously fantastic roster.... so it's obviously not going to happen.

Mike Jones? What is this, Brawl speculation?
Man, how upset would the Japanese fan base be if Little Mac and Mike Jones were our only retro reps?

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
My ONLY issue is no DK newcomer. Other wise, this is a suspiciously fantastic roster.... so it's obviously not going to happen.
I find this roster empty, no more Starfox, no more Mario, no more Dk, no more Zelda, no more Kirby... but well, it could be worse, like the brawl roster reveal (I remember the guys whou couldnt believe the 35 characters or also the Rob character who looked impossible, and even the Zelda slot splitted in two... good ol' time)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I find this roster empty, no more Starfox, no more Mario, no more Dk, no more Zelda, no more Kirby... but well, it could be worse, like the brawl roster reveal (I remember the guys whou couldnt believe the 35 characters or also the Rob character who looked impossible, and even the Zelda slot splitted in two... good ol' time)
We've already got enough characters for those franchises, though. We don't NEED a new Star Fox, Mario, Zelda, or Kirby character. A new DK character, on the other hand? Yeah, we should definitely have a new DK character before a THIRD Kid Icarus character.

Morbi

Scavenger
We've already got enough characters for those franchises, though. We don't NEED a new Star Fox, Mario, Zelda, or Kirby character. A new DK character, on the other hand? Yeah, we should definitely have a new DK character before a THIRD Kid Icarus character.
Of course, I feel the inherent desire to illuminate this notion: that is subjective. We do not NEED a Donkey Kong character, whereas we could actually use a Zelda character that does not have a Triforce printed on the back of their hand. The point is moot if the leak is real (which I highly doubt). I could see Kid Icarus (Hades) taking another character before Donkey Kong.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Of course, I feel the inherent desire to illuminate this notion: that is subjective. We do not NEED a Donkey Kong character, whereas we could actually use a Zelda character that does not have a Triforce printed on the back of their hand. The point is moot if the leak is real (which I highly doubt). I could see Kid Icarus (Hades) taking another character before Donkey Kong.
But... but... we waited two smash games to get more than two representatives for DK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom