• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Chrom as Assist Trophy? Well, that contradicts the Sal leak and makes it questionable already.

This guy sounds pretty mad about...things in general.

D

Deleted member

Chrom as Assist Trophy? Well, that contradicts the Sal leak and makes it questionable already.

This guy sounds pretty mad about...things in general.
Who said that leak is true? Please, let's not claim a leak is fake just because it contradicts another leak, this one is fake for other reasons

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Who said that leak is true? Please, let's not claim a leak is fake just because it contradicts another leak, this one is fake for other reasons
Why can't I like this post more than once? Dang.

But yeah, the SR/GEM Leak has its own share of questionable aspects.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Fake or not, the idea of exclusive characters provokes my biggest fear; needing both versions to unlock the full roster on both versions. Like, the leak mentions Robin. What if you need to unlock him/her on the 3DS version and then sync with the Wii U to unlock him/her on there? My fear is that there will be characters, that are on the 3DS roster, but will be locked until the Wii U version comes out. If no one broke the game and extracted files to figure out the full roster, we could potential just stare at locked slots for months until we play the Wii U....

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Fake or not, the idea of exclusive characters provokes my biggest fear; needing both versions to unlock the full roster on both versions. Like, the leak mentions Robin. What if you need to unlock him/her on the 3DS version and then sync with the Wii U to unlock him/her on there? My fear is that there will be characters, that are on the 3DS roster, but will be locked until the Wii U version comes out. If no one broke the game and extracted files to figure out the full roster, we could potential just stare at locked slots for months until we play the Wii U....
The game would be hacked and any additional characters would be revealed within the month, if not the week.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
That kind of thing would be the death knell for the Smash games and Sakurai knows it. Even on the chance that this sort of thing has even an ounce of merit, Nintendo would've corrected Sakurai the moment he made mention of it. Besides, as someone said before, Sakurai's an enormous troll, but he is NOT a liar.

The game would be hacked and any additional characters would be revealed within the month, if not the week.
Considering how quickly games are dumped these days, we'd have hundreds of people sifting through the code and have a full roster list hours after launch. Heck, we might even find out days BEFORE the game even hits the street.

Last edited:

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
- The screen is disappearing for 169 good reasons

First I thought "that refers to the cost it adds to the Wii U retail price", but that doesn't make sense because Nintendo doesn't give up central hardware features and I doubt it costs that much.

Then, I thought about how the Oculus doesn't have a traditional screen, how Valve has talked a lot about Oculus and VR...

...took the 9 and subtracted 6 times 1.

Confirmed.

D

Deleted member 245254

- The screen is disappearing for 169 good reasons

First I thought "that refers to the cost it adds to the Wii U retail price", but that doesn't make sense because Nintendo doesn't give up central hardware features and I doubt it costs that much.

Then, I thought about how the Oculus doesn't have a traditional screen, how Valve has talked a lot about Oculus and VR...

...took the 9 and subtracted 6 times 1.

Confirmed.
Some would argue that they gimped the 3DS screen for cheapened production costs recently without a word...

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
As someone with past experience on surprise videos like this...

Can someone tell me what's going on?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Please look at the rules of this thread again and get back on topic everyone.

The Rules

However, as we know from previous rumor/leak-related threads that often they tend to devolve into insanity quickly so please be mindful of these following criteria before you post:

1. Is the rumor or leak substantial? Is it a legit rumor or leak with substantial evidence backing it? If you are unsure, please contact myself @ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom or any other of the Smash 4 mods to ask if it is ok to post a rumor or leak. I assure that we do not bite.
  2. If you post a rumor or leak, please cite the source with a proper link and the original author if possible. If there is a picture or video, please post that as well.
  3. Do not create and distribute rumors or leaks of E3. Doing so will award you with an infraction.
  4. Discuss only E3-related rumors and/or leaks. Therefore, rumors and leaks (such as the Palutena leak) are strictly prohibited and will award you an infraction. However, the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak is permissible only if it is related to E3. Discussing it outside of the E3 context will be infraction worthy. To discuss the aforementioned leak, go to here.
  5. Please stay on topic. Discussion of E3 related topics is permissible but keep the focus on the active rumors and leaks. Straying off topic will result in warnings from moderators and infractions if it continues.
  6. Please be civil. Do not offend others that might have a different opinion from yours and treat others with respect. Unnecessary trolling or flaming will result in infractions.
  7. This thread extends to E3, the Nintendo Display, the Super Smash Bros. Invitational, and the Super Smash Bros. SmashFest @ Best Buy. Therefore, rumors and leaks pertaining to non-Nintendo\Smash subjects is ok but please keep the majority of the discussion on Smash.
  8. Once the Super Smash Bros. portion of E3 including the Invitational and SmashFest is over, this thread will be locked and closed.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
About that recent 4chan leak with the version exclusive characters and what not, to me the biggest dead giveaway for fakeocity is that they throw in another item. I may be wrong, but at this point, I believe mostly all the regular items have been announced, or at lest shown in screen shots.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I think a pretty big giveaway is not only the exclusive characters but also says that they will announce a new IP and the main character will be playable. Why doesn't he say anything about this new IP? He also starts with a plain "I work for Nintendo" which is almost obvious troll material, especially since SSB4 is being developed by NAMCO.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The guy who brought you the leak with Hades, Ganondorf, and Ridley is back and he said E3 has a change of plans:
http://boards.deniableplausibility.net/v/thread/246053410/#246053410
It's 3:41 right now & I finally finished my work. Taking a bit of a break to unwind. For those who don't know me or forgot, I came here a while ago revealing what was about to be revealed E3 (confirmations of Hades, Ganondorf, and the teasing of Ridley). There is sadly a change of plans regarding the trailer with Hades and Ganondorf apparently; and the folks over at tree house are currently working on a different "pair" (veteran/newcomer) of reveal to be shown.

I came here to simply list what I'm aware of so far. This will be shown all in due time, and since E3 and summer release is so close I figured I ought to let out a steady stream of info. So previously, I've mentioned that Hades, Ganondorf, and Ridley are coming to the roster. I will let out 3 more characters for you to rest easy about until I see you all on Tuesday. Also some extra goodies I point out through implications.

3 more characters to be in the final roster:

1) Mike Jones. He fully utilizes all of his abilities and array of items he has in the games.

I wanted to get this out of the way because this is possibly ONE of the reasons for the E3 change of plans. Tanabe in tandem with Retro have been working on Star Tropics for quite a while; and it's one of their main hopes to become a hit and demonstrate what they are capable of. If you haven't gotten the hint, it'll be shown in this upcoming direct from Nintendo.

2) Lucas from MOTHER 3

Previous fans who have used him won't be too bewildered; he hasn't changed much at his core. He has had a few aesthetic distinctions from Ness, and most of his faults have been reduced. He's changed as much as Toon Link changed, if that makes sense

3) Chibi Robo

Following in Captain Olimars foots of being a little guy (and IP) with a very big heart. He utilizes many of his various antics from his games; such as the side sweep (in which he cleans the competition).

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I don't see Hades being playable. Yeah he's the real big bad. I just think Palutena and Medusa in that order make more sense.
Well, I'm rooting for Hades 'cause I feel that every franchise should naturally have a villain/anti-hero to represent the darker side of that franchise. I'm also rooting for Hades because he was WWWAAAAYYYY more charming and charismatic in Uprising than Medusa could ever hope to be.. and while I know the consensus is that people want Palutena as the next Kid Icarus representative, I don't feel like she'd add nearly as much to the roster as Hades would. At least in my mind's eye, anyway.

Either way I'm fine with all three of them, but if I had to choose, it'd be 100% Hades, with Palutena on witty pre/during/post-match banter with Doc Louis. Seriously. Can you imagine how friggin' amazing that would be? I've been rooting for that setup since day one.

We'll still probably get a playable Palutena, though.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well, I'm rooting for Hades 'cause I feel that every franchise should naturally have a villain/anti-hero to represent the darker side of that franchise. I'm also rooting for Hades because he was WWWAAAAYYYY more charming and charismatic in Uprising than Medusa could ever hope to be.. and while I know the consensus is that people want Palutena as the next Kid Icarus representative, I don't feel like she'd add nearly as much to the roster as Hades would. At least in my mind's eye, anyway.

Either way I'm fine with all three of them, but if I had to choose, it'd be 100% Hades, with Palutena on witty pre/during/post-match banter with Doc Louis. Seriously. Can you imagine how friggin' amazing that would be? I've been rooting for that setup since day one.

We'll still probably get a playable Palutena, though.
I still think if we get 2 KI reps it's Pit and Palutena, 3 will be Pit, Palutena and Hades. I also think those 3 are more recognizable as if Irecall correctly they were shown heavily for KIU before the game came out and Hades wasn't shown ever.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I still think if we get 2 KI reps it's Pit and Palutena, 3 will be Pit, Palutena and Hades. I also think those 3 are more recognizable as if Irecall correctly they were shown heavily for KIU before the game came out and Hades wasn't shown ever.
From what I remember, and I'm assuming you typed Hades instead of Medusa, is that the marketing heavily insinuated Medusa was the big bad for Uprising.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
If there's no SSE type of story mode, and if Hades ends up being playable, and since Sora is working on Smash and made KIU, I would love to see the dialogue and humor from KIU implimented in Smash.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
So this one leak is basically saying we would see Mike Jones and Lucas in a dual reveal, and Chibi Robo may or may not be at E3. Can't say I think any of that's likely, but eh, stranger things have happened.

The other one has the large large hole of exclusive rosters, though I suppose its not entirely out of the question that you use one version to get the others in the other version. Still, that ones very very far fetched.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Any leak mentioning version exclusive characters is totally false at this point. Sakurai has made it very clear that this WILL NOT be the case. The most recent one could be more plausible. I tend to not believe pure text leaks, but this one doesn't have any super glaring errors in it. He does mention the Treehouse revealing characters, which could definitely be plausible. None of those characters are too outlandish either. Ganondorf and Ness and/or Lucas are shoo-ins. Ridley is probably the most wanted character in the West, and Chibi-Robo could tie into the Photo Finder on the 3DS. Mike Jones is a bit of an oddball choice, but revealing him alongside Lucas for an East/West theme could certainly be interesting. I see Hades as more of a boss though, but with Sakurai in charge of Kid Icarus and this game, anything is possible there. I'd think Palutena would get in first, but it is entirely possible that we get three Kid Icarus reps, even though I personally think that is overkill.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Any leak mentioning version exclusive characters is totally false at this point. Sakurai has made it very clear that this WILL NOT be the case. The most recent one could be more plausible. I tend to not believe pure text leaks, but this one doesn't have any super glaring errors in it. He does mention the Treehouse revealing characters, which could definitely be plausible. None of those characters are too outlandish either. Ganondorf and Ness and/or Lucas are shoo-ins. Ridley is probably the most wanted character in the West, and Chibi-Robo could tie into the Photo Finder on the 3DS. Mike Jones is a bit of an oddball choice, but revealing him alongside Lucas for an East/West theme could certainly be interesting. I see Hades as more of a boss though, but with Sakurai in charge of Kid Icarus and this game, anything is possible there. I'd think Palutena would get in first, but it is entirely possible that we get three Kid Icarus reps, even though I personally think that is overkill.
I want to agree. He has said both games would have the same characters, but he never mentioned anything about one game being able to unlock a character in the other. So, potentially, we could get a roster for the 3DS version, and say two extra characters for the Wii U version as a secret, that will then be unlocked on the 3DS version.

Not likely, but he never said anything against something like that.

That said, I don't believe this leak at all. I just find the idea of some characters remaining hidden until the Wii U's release intriguing, and something Sakurai might do to keep generating hype for the game.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
I want to agree. He has said both games would have the same characters, but he never mentioned anything about one game being able to unlock a character in the other. So, potentially, we could get a roster for the 3DS version, and say two extra characters for the Wii U version as a secret, that will then be unlocked on the 3DS version.

Not likely, but he never said anything against something like that.

That said, I don't believe this leak at all. I just find the idea of some characters remaining hidden until the Wii U's release intriguing, and something Sakurai might do to keep generating hype for the game.
Ah. That could indeed be something Sakurai does, and could be quite an intriguing move. I read that leak as saying that there would be exclusive characters, as in not accessible at all on the other console, one for 3DS and one for WiiU. I may have misread that. If the leak is implying something along the lines of what you said, that would be more feasible. Either way I think the leak is bogus.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Another possibility (though it doesn't support the leak at all) is if the 3ds version came with...lets say 48 or so characters. However when the Wii U version comes out, it has 50+ characters, and any character not on the 3ds version would be free DLC, since this would only be done if a character isn't ready for 3ds launch.

Also, why the guy says its changed (then again who knows if its the same guy), I'd also like to see this Hades Ganondorf Ridley leak.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I won't mind having to get both versions to get all characters. I will get both versions anyways, and that would give me something more new for when the next version is released. :3

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Even on the chance that this sort of thing has even an ounce of merit, Nintendo would've corrected Sakurai the moment he made mention of it. Besides, as someone said before, Sakurai's an enormous troll, but he is NOT a liar.
Except, if anyone were to come up with the idea, it'd have been Nintendo, not Sakurai.

And I don't see how it'd make Sakurai a liar. Both games would still have the same roster. A single character difference, to entice people to buy both, which would unlock in both (thus making it still the same roster) isn't a lie.

You'd have to be stupid to think Nintendo doesn't want you to buy both versions. The games have different stages, different modes, and different features. There's already enough to justify buying both and ONE character missing from each roster unless you own both isn't really a crazy or offensive idea.

Like, why would this suddenly be ridiculous when Nintendo has already done it on with Mario Golf/Tennis on N64/GBC, and with Pokemon to an extent? It also ensures that they entice people to buy the Wii U version instead of going DERR WELL I HAVE THE 3DS ONE, SO I'M GOOD.

In fact, I thought this was a no-brainer from DAY 1 when they said they connected. I assumed the 3DS game would have handheld-specific newcomers and the Wii U would have console-specific newcomers and you could unlock the exclusives in the opposite version by owning both.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
ok so i dont think this new leak with version exclusives is true...

however

it wouldnt exactly be lying if having both versions got you the full roster. i know this is really bad news for some people but honestly nintendo is hurting financially and smash is looking to boost sales of wiiu's and this could be the way to do it.

sad and i doubt this leak but true or false either way this could still happen, i wouldnt be very surprised.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Another possibility (though it doesn't support the leak at all) is if the 3ds version came with...lets say 48 or so characters. However when the Wii U version comes out, it has 50+ characters, and any character not on the 3ds version would be free DLC, since this would only be done if a character isn't ready for 3ds launch.
This... would actually be a great way to keep the hype up during the waiting period in between versions. Because, let's be honest, the vast majority of anticipation fueling hype machine centers around character reveals, so if they still are able to keep a few up their sleeves, that would definitely keep people interested. Not that I think interest is going to die down anyways, but still, summer to winter will be a bit of a wait, and they'll want to keep the kettle boiling somehow. I'm not sure how likely this is, but it could be a decent strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom