• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
That's the ness fanart that appeared in every single leak once in a while. Are you guys still debating about this CS leak? Once I saw Ness I knew it was fake, like all others with the same fanart.

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
In the roster pic, Ness is doing the V with his right hand and not his left. Look clisely (although the quality is terrible).

Can't Say about mewtwo.

Considering that picture is not rydley but GaW, the roster has much more logic. Only one extra column is needed for third parties. Still we will need one row, but without that row Ics/rob/cf would have to be cut (due to lack of space in the roster) so it's quite possible that we have a 59 character roster!!!!

There are spots where a lot of chars could go, even some free spots i couldn't figuure. Enjoy.

share image

Thoughts?

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Why did this get overlooked?

I'm pretty sure its fake just like any leak with Mewtwo on it. They are nearly identical.

D

Deleted member

In the roster pic, Ness is doing the V with his right hand and not his left. Look clisely (although the quality is terrible).

Can't Say about mewtwo.

Considering that picture is not rydley but GaW, the roster has much more logic. Only one extra column is needed for third parties. Still we will need one row, but without that row Ics/rob/cf would have to be cut (due to lack of space in the roster) so it's quite possible that we have a 59 character roster!!!!

There are spots where a lot of chars could go, even some free spots i couldn't figuure. Enjoy.

share image

Thoughts?
A couple of the major things that mark this as fake to me:

a) The character selection box is more of a square shape than a rectangle, leaving white spaces on the left and right sides of the screen. It seems odd to me that such an amount of empty space would exist on the roster screen (seems bland) even if this was a demo. The Brawl demo roster, for example, didn't have many characters yet still filled the screen fairly well.

b) The placement of the character selection screen seems incredibly odd as the top of the box is very close to the top border of the screen where the menus are placed. It is a very slight distance closer than say, the Melee roster was to the menu bar at the top of the screen, but the fact that it is overlapping the black curved line at the top of the screen (which seems to me to denote a separation between the character selection box region and the menu region) seems very abnormal to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Can't Say about mewtwo.

share image

Thoughts?
I don't understand why WFT and Shulk would be randomly placed in between the third parties though..

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I don't understand why WFT and Shulk would be randomly placed in between the third parties though..
The general consensus is that the characters would be moved around as they're unlocked. It was like that for Brawl, chances are it's like that here, as well.

Also, we should consider that it's just a demo. Chiefly, the first time people are getting their mitts on the game to legitimately play it. People aren't going to care about roster placement and all that silly stuff that we all have time and a lack of life to consider every little detail. They're going to be happy to try it.

Having said that, I'm still going to assume it's fake, and not 'cause of questionable artwork. That both monitors have the same thing is what shot this 'leak' in the foot.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The general consensus is that the characters would be moved around as they're unlocked. It was like that for Brawl, chances are it's like that here, as well.

Also, we should consider that it's just a demo. Chiefly, the first time people are getting their mitts on the game to legitimately play it. People aren't going to care about roster placement and all that silly stuff that we all have time and a lack of life to consider every little detail. They're going to be happy to try it.

Having said that, I'm still going to assume it's fake, and not 'cause of questionable artwork. That both monitors have the same thing is what shot this 'leak' in the foot.
I know they did that for Brawl but like... if this was legit why would a first and second party just randomly be put in between 3rd parties is all i'm saying.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

I think he's talking about the picture where someone had filled in the rest of the roster.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I think he's talking about the picture where someone had filled in the rest of the roster.
Oops.

Having looked at it, myself, the only thing I can guess is that it just suggests Snake won't likely be in the game. Who knows?

I'm still assuming it's fake, though not for those reasons.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
This was posted on several sites, and I am not sure what to make of it. Anyone know anything? Apparantly, X's name is Ocean Black, and there are Pictures, though I've not seen them myself.

---

Hey everybody, I saw this posted on other forum I visit, just wanted to share it just for the sake of having some fun...
Il ne s'agit pas d'une fuite.
It happens, when you work as a stage designer and you love videogames, that you see and hear things, expecially when you have to coordinate with lots of other people during a very large and important show.
Now I'm sitting on a famous city walk drinking frappuccino and abusing of wi-fi connection in order to tell you things and try to keep my job. This will be fun.
I'm sending this here because in the "other place" they won't allow me to create an account at once. Their loss.
So, believe them or not, here they come.
- The dog is tired again. Will take another rest at Los Angeles.
- The screen is disappearing for 169 good reasons.
- Hand-cannon! I mean, hand-cannon. This really charged me up!
- Microsoft will drive you nuts.
- Nominally, the beast is not actually a beast, it has more soul in it.
- Have you even been in Suburbia? (please note, this is huge. Really)
- A COMBination of 6 more fighters!
- Heard the cries of battle in the Sony stand
- That's a huge rooster, mr Spencer. What will it do this time?
- Lots of spiritual dust here. Lots of it.
- This will be the show of the dragons, i tell you. Lots of them all around.
- Actually, no one is looking for sailors.
- Captive Communication loves PAST exclusives.
- ONE precious material is surprising (and yet everyone already knows it)
- That's totally NOT a chocobo.
- That's a weird cameo appearance.
- Mechs + Destruction + happy fans
- 50 less bucks 4 you to keep.
- Who needs ninjas in 2015?
- Now, that's a LOT of red hair(s).
- Who said that the black tooth worked on just one project?
- Originals! Also, tentacles.
Aaaaand that's all folks.
Going to see AVATAR for a huge surprise.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
This was posted on several sites, and I am not sure what to make of it. Anyone know anything? Apparantly, X's name is Ocean Black, and there are Pictures, though I've not seen them myself.

---

Hey everybody, I saw this posted on other forum I visit, just wanted to share it just for the sake of having some fun...
Il ne s'agit pas d'une fuite.
It happens, when you work as a stage designer and you love videogames, that you see and hear things, expecially when you have to coordinate with lots of other people during a very large and important show.
Now I'm sitting on a famous city walk drinking frappuccino and abusing of wi-fi connection in order to tell you things and try to keep my job. This will be fun.
I'm sending this here because in the "other place" they won't allow me to create an account at once. Their loss.
So, believe them or not, here they come.
- The dog is tired again. Will take another rest at Los Angeles.
- Hand-cannon! I mean, hand-cannon. This really charged me up!
- Microsoft will drive you nuts.
- Nominally, the beast is not actually a beast, it has more soul in it.
- Have you even been in Suburbia? (please note, this is huge. Really)
- Heard the cries of battle in the Sony stand
- That's a huge rooster, mr Spencer. What will it do this time?
- Lots of spiritual dust here. Lots of it.
- This will be the show of the dragons, i tell you. Lots of them all around.
- Actually, no one is looking for sailors.
- Captive Communication loves PAST exclusives.
- Mechs + Destruction + happy fans
- Who needs ninjas in 2015?
Aaaaand that's all folks.
Going to see AVATAR for a huge surprise.
So it's implying some future stages and characters : Snake with the mechs, the samurai Takamura with the ninjas fact, Ridley when talking about dragons, chorus men for the surprising thing everyone knows, and the others dunno.
Of course I go from the fact that it could only concern smash. Even if Sony and MS implies the contrary.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Perhaps "Microsoft will drive you nuts" is a reference to Banjo Kazooie? I hope not in a way.
I could see Microsoft attempting to re-capture the Banjo-Kazooie glory days, but what I meant is that it's in reference to EVERYTHING E3 for EVERYONE. A lot of what's there doesn't make sense for Smash.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I could see Microsoft attempting to re-capture the Banjo-Kazooie glory days, but what I meant is that it's in reference to EVERYTHING E3 for EVERYONE. A lot of what's there doesn't make sense for Smash.
Yeah, I know. That's why I thought maybe for XBox One it was for Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts 2.
-That's totally NOT a chocobo could mean a Dragon Quest game.
-Combination of six or more fighters could relate to Pokemon Omega and Alpha or Pokken Fighters

Booster

Smash Lord
There are rumors of a Wii U that doesn't come with the Gamepad. I hope it's true, I don't see a practical use for the thing NOR a practical place to store it. Sure I could look stuff up as I play, but would it really kill me to get up and use my mom's tablet? If such a model exists it would be announced at E3. IMO all you need is the Pro Controller, the Protroller

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah, that list is most obviously for various E3 games. But some are bound to be Smash related. That Dragon thing would fit. There's usually a lot of dragons, and Ridley would be noticable.

Anyone smart here able to understand the hints in every line? :)

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Yeah, that list is most obviously for various E3 games. But some are bound to be Smash related. That Dragon thing would fit. There's usually a lot of dragons, and Ridley would be noticable.

Anyone smart here able to understand the hints in every line? :)
Well, honestly, dragon isn't really exclusive to just Ridley. We could have another Elder Scrolls game announced - which is a series known for its dragons - or Skyrim DLC announced. There's tons of games that use the word 'Dragon' in them.

Anyway, the ones that I think are referring to Smash are:

Possibly a release date for the 3DS version on 9/16?

We can take this literally, as in, we'll be having six fighters revealed (though likely, most veterans). COMB probably refers to an actual comb, meaning these characters will be covered extensively, or instead, probably allowed to be played in the demo.

- Heard the cries of battle in the Sony stand.

Probably preferring to Snake, I'd imagine.

Unfortunately, I'm assuming (and hoping) this is referring to a Gematsu Leak character. Since it refers to ONE instead of THREE, gonna assume that's probably Shulk or Pac-Man.

Some kind of Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest representative?

This could mean anything. Smash is known for lots of cameos, so I'm going to fit in there regardless. Really vague, though.

Referring to the price of the Wii U version, maybe. $50 makes sense, $54 sounds correct if you add 8.25% sales tax.

While I don't think this says anything for him, I bet a ton of people are going to assume this is referring to Roy, though this could be referring to anything.

Could be referring to Bamco's work on Smash. Remember that weird job posting for 'Smash to be released next year'? We could hear an announcement for that at this E3. Arcade port, probably.

I'd say this says a lot for Ridley. A certain boss in Pyrosphere, Goyagma, has plenty of them tentacles. I can't imagine this would be referring to much else. Originals, though.. would that be hinting at Tabuu? I dunno, sounds like something Sakurai would totally do to save time and increase representation.

Though while that's just fun speculation, there's one problem:

Btw the first sentence is French and means "It's not a leak".
I double checked 'cause my French is rusty, but it does mean what Yoshi-Thomas says it means. Then again, who knows? Text leaks are so silly and this one just kinda is in the upper echelon of silly.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Of course I didn't mean it would ONLY mean about Ridley, but I'd expect this person to mean there's a lot of games this time with Dragons, and Ridley would be the biggest (hehe).

That's a lot of good guesses (and most seems legit). But yeah, not sure how legit this 'leak' would be. If it's not even a leak. :p

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Btw the first sentence is French and means "It's not a leak".
Well, this isn't a direct leak, so to speak. The person posted this with miniature riddles as hints, rather than a direct leak.

On the other hand, I have a thought about one of the riddles:

"Have you even been in Suburbia? (please note, this is huge. Really)"

This could be referencing the planet Sauria from Star Fox. Just take out both of the "b" letters and replace the first "u" with "a". This makes more sense because the word "Suburbia" is capitalized.

As with it being "huge", well it could reference the size of the planet. Or, it could be referencing a "reboot" of Star Fox that combines both Star Fox 64 (the classic Star Fox story, rebooted) and Adventures, as other leaks (though deemed to be fake by the majority) seem to generally conclude. That would be huge too.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
This riddle leak is too vague. The riddles were done in a way to save the leaker's ass if he gets anything wrong. For instance, "Heard the cries of battle in the Sony stand." could refer to Snake being playable, Snake not being playable or something else entirely. It could pretty much mean anything.

Did the "leaker" even say these had to do with Smash?

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I think you guys have a rather small scope on this situation. In fact I doubt if any of these at all refer to Smash. The guy mentions working with interconnected groups (third parties connect games on Xbone to PS4) and outright talks about Sony and Microsoft. The chances that third parties/the other big 2 would be less secretive about their conferences, and thus let people leak info out like this, is much more likely for them than with Nintendo.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Battle for Sony stand could mean a new PlayStation battle all star, the Mechs one concerns the next Metal Gear, the hand cannon either Metroid or Megaman, the dog... Watching dogs for wii u ?

Morbi

Scavenger
There are rumors of a Wii U that doesn't come with the Gamepad. I hope it's true, I don't see a practical use for the thing NOR a practical place to store it. Sure I could look stuff up as I play, but would it really kill me to get up and use my mom's tablet? If such a model exists it would be announced at E3. IMO all you need is the Pro Controller, the Protroller
I highly doubt that rumor, Nintendo is trying to force its use with games such as Mario Kart. I also believe that it was confirmed that Zelda U will be using it extensively, along with Miyamoto's new IP. They are not going to drop it like the Xbox dropped the Kinect, more likely than not, they are going to find uses for it.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6355504

Original post, it's not a nintendo only website, so it's open to everything.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I think you guys have a rather small scope on this situation. In fact I doubt if any of these at all refer to Smash. The guy mentions working with interconnected groups (third parties connect games on Xbone to PS4) and outright talks about Sony and Microsoft. The chances that third parties/the other big 2 would be less secretive about their conferences, and thus let people leak info out like this, is much more likely for them than with Nintendo.
That was my initial assumption, that it was referring to E3 as a whole instead of just Smash. There's WAYYYYY too much there to be Smash-centric.

Battle for Sony stand could mean a new PlayStation battle all star, the Mechs one concerns the next Metal Gear, the hand cannon either Metroid or Megaman, the dog... Watching dogs for wii u ?
They greenlit a new PASBR WAYYY back when the first game launched, so this wouldn't surprise me if it was referring to the sequel.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Ugh, I almost can't take this any more. All these new screenshots and leaked rosters and stuff, it all screams fake to me. Aside from the second CSS screen we saw, I haven't seen anything that actually looks real, and it's just getting more annoying seeing all this fake stuff thrown around than it is fun. I think I'll just stay away from here and wait until the real deal in a week and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom