• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There any pics of the right side of the screen?

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Silver can you link the 4chan thread?

Regardless I have my doubt we'll see the right side, that would highlight the models of Ness, Mewtwo and Ridley?

EDIT: Its hard to tell through the quality, but the Mewtwo pose looks the same. Believe this is 120% dead now. Like I said, bad photoshop is bad.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why does every leak have Ridley all of a sudden?

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
You know when a leak is fake if a playable Ridley's involved in any way, shape, or form.

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
Considering it true, i want to study it using the colums theory. The images appear very true, specially the quality, unless someone can confirm that E3 image has appear somewhere else.

I'm finding troublesome getting to organize them in a good fashion... i think that somehow a column is missing. I'll edit later with what i think should look lilke.

I'm finding it impossible to arrange. The Rydley placement makes no sense -.-

btw, if zoomed in, Ness artwork is quite different at what you are pointing...

Edit: Done. There is some BIG oddities:

- Rydley Placement. If it's in that position then there must be another samus rep.
-Mewtwo and Villager -> They make a must to be a 6th row, or else the organization is not in colums at all.
-Pit placement -> It makes it to be in the middle of the Zelda franchise, or there is another column between metroid and Zelda.

The rest fits nicely. There could be space for Snake, Shulk, Isaac (below Fire Emblem Reps), veterans like olimar falcon and jiggs (the 6th row and the extra column for Kid icarus reps give a ton of space).

See for yourself and Discuss.

Looks like it works now

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Considering it true, i want to study it using the colums theory. The images appear very true, specially the quality, unless someone can confirm that E3 image has appear somewhere else.

I'm finding troublesome getting to organize them in a good fashion... i think that somehow a column is missing. I'll edit later with what i think should look lilke.

I'm finding it impossible to arrange. The Rydley placement makes no sense -.-

btw, if zoomed in, Ness artwork is quite different at what you are pointing...
What about Mewtwo though? That trading card artwork looks the exact same.

Neo Zero

I hypothesize that every leak has Ridley all of a sudden as most believe that his direct allusion as a boss character deconfirmed him, thus... they want to make our jobs easier by essentially asserting that it is fake.
If I made a leak, my thought process would not be "Hmm, how can I make people realize it's fake" it would be "How can I fool everyone"

Also that character placement thing. I usually don't speak in absolutes, but there is 0% chance Metroid would get 4 reps right now. Going by your work Phyr, it basically makes it 120% fake to 250% fake.

Morbi

Scavenger
If I made a leak, my thought process would not be "Hmm, how can I make people realize it's fake" it would be "How can I fool everyone"

Also that character placement thing. I usually don't speak in absolutes, but there is 0% chance Metroid would get 4 reps right now. Going by your work Phyr, it basically makes it 120% fake to 250% fake.
I was just kidding, I have no idea why they would leak something that most people would dispute.

Neo Zero

To everyone complaining about character placement:

It really doesn't prove anything
Actually that's fine. Everything fits perfectly. Diddy eventually winds up at DK, Pit goes under Samus, MK goes under the Fox column (where Kirby would later reside) Peach goes in the third row under Mario, Yoshi right next to her, Sonic goes in the third row at the end, and Bowser starts the 4th row.

Which is why, when we finally know the real CSS, we can properly get a grasp of just how large this roster is, using the same logic as Brawl. For this new leak to be correct, Ridley would have to teleport backwards, which isn't very likely.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
However, the re-used Ness and Mewtwo artwork does prove that this is fake.
Well, thing is, the Ness artwork isn't the same. There's no hint of the bat or the hand near his right ear. Similarly, Ness has been staring out at the camera/player in every single iteration of Smash. Past behavior tends to be a great indicator of future behavior, so I don't find it particularly odd this Ness would be staring out. Plus, there's only so many ways to draw up Ness, y'know?

Similarly, the Mewtwo artwork has a similar pose, but the profile is different, from the card artwork.

Having said that, I'm fairly sure it's fake either way. It's pretty sloppy. The monitor in the back is pretty much the same screen and the picture doesn't really match the TV. Plus, fairly certain Nintendo wouldn't be setting up their booths THIS early. Maybe in the next week or so.

Neo Zero

Well, the dual monitor I suppose could be explained. Perhaps the one monitor is where people can play, then it gets fed into the larger monitor? Perhaps we should check back when Sakurai was using Mega Man vs a Mario (with that awful AWFUL announcer) video and see if we can pull a clue from that.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
hey guys, remember when very few people knew using Photoshop, and the "leaks" were shown occasionally?.. like,.. between the range of 1 or 2 months?.. yeah, good times. :T

Neo Zero

Then why are there two Ridleys in the pic?
Its not a leak, it's an analysis. They figured out the max size he could be, and the minimum size he could be, thus why they show two.

Last edited:

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Its not a leak, it's an analysis. They figured out the max size he could be, and the minimum size he could be, thus why they show two.
I knew it wasn't a leak; I was just confused why they had two Ridley's, but I see what you're saying.

Neo Zero

Well, the dual monitor I suppose could be explained. Perhaps the one monitor is where people can play, then it gets fed into the larger monitor? Perhaps we should check back when Sakurai was using Mega Man vs a Mario (with that awful AWFUL announcer) video and see if we can pull a clue from that.
Checked it, and there's no frames from any video it can be, plus they played on the big screen.

I also tried Googling a few things to see if I could find an image that this could be shopped using. However, nothing matches.

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
You know when a leak is fake if a playable Ridley's involved in any way, shape, or form.
I personally think the character above Ness is :gw:. Is that the character some of you think is Ridley?! I honestly think it looks more like :gawmelee:, than Ridley.

Neo Zero

I personally think the character above Ness is :gw:. Is that the character some of you think is Ridley?! I honestly think it looks more like :gawmelee:, than Ridley.
Part of me wonders what color Game and Watch's site page should be now...

Black

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Gonna love it when E3 comes and yet again Sakurai reveals something that NONE of the leaks predicted yet a-****ing-gain.

Because there are not any mother****ing rules with this man. None. Absolutely none.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Gonna love it when E3 comes and yet again Sakurai reveals something that NONE of the leaks predicted yet a-****ing-gain.

Because there are not any mother****ing rules with this man. None. Absolutely none.
Pretty much my sentiments. I, for one, am looking forward to see revealed all the obscure or poorly picked characters no-one asked for or expected. Wii Fit Trainer was just the beginning. Sakurai intends to reveal his magnum opus at E3. It's going to prove that none of the leaks were disappointing enough to be accurate.

I'm not sure if I'm ready for this. I don't think my mind is prepared.

All kidding aside, I have extremely low expectations for this E3 in regards to Smash. That way I'm so low to the ground I can see that silver lining in the Sakurai-shaped clouds. It's the only way I feel like I'm going to derive any enjoyment from the inevitable disappointment.

I really hope I'm proven wrong.

Last edited:

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much my sentiments. I, for one, am looking forward to see revealed all the obscure or poorly picked characters no-one asked for or expected. Wii Fit Trainer was just the beginning. Sakurai intends to reveal his magnum opus at E3. It's going to prove that none of the leaks were disappointing enough to be accurate.

I'm not sure if I'm ready for this. I don't think my mind is prepared.

All kidding aside, I have extremely low expectations for this E3 in regards to Smash. That way I'm so low to the ground I can see that silver lining in the Sakurai-shaped clouds. It's the only way I feel like I'm going to derive any enjoyment from the inevitable disappointment.

I really hope I'm proven wrong.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Every single newcomer thus far outside of Mac has not been a predicted choice. Each one has an element of surprise. Sure Megaman is ''simple" in perspective but you have to think about how that would've had to been achieved.

And yet people think the roster is going to be safe and have made up their minds what will or will be shoo ins or not happenings. Okay you keep telling yourself that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom