• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
They may happen, but like I've said it's unlikely. The main man himself has said he wants to bring everyone back from Brawl. That's all the evidence we need on that. His opinion is worth more than every person on this forum combined because he's making the game.

Pokemon getting less reps than it did in Brawl just ain't happening. Sakurai acknowledges that the Brawl roster consists of 39 characters, so there are 6 pokemon to Mario's 4. Expect 7 at least this time around.

We already know that we aren't getting that many newcomers, which makes cuts even less likely. Transformation characters were probably separated to pad the roster out and make it look bigger.
"Expect 7 reps"

Expect to be disappointed. There's no way in hell SSB4 is getting 7 Pokemon slots. Also Sakurai WANTS to add everyone back from Brawl, but has said he can't bring every past character back. There WILL be cuts. Squirtle, Ivysaur, Lucas, Wolf, and Snake, I can see being cut. I know you like Squirtle and Ivysaur, but just because you like them doesn't mean they have a chance of being in SSB4.

I'm thinking 5 at most for Pokemon. Pikachu, Jiggs, Ninja, Lucario, and Charizard.

Last edited:

Shadow Ganon

Smash Cadet
If anything, I feel 6 would be best, because, well, Pokemon teams are 6 Pokemon, and... it'd be funny, think about it.

>Get Greninja as your starter through Froakie > Catch Pikachu > Get Charizard(Charmander) from the Professor > Get Korrina's Lucario > Catch a Jigglypuff > Postgame catch Mewtwo.
This is what I'm hoping for and it's pretty cool that it can match up with X/Y pretty well haha!

Shroob

Sup?
"Expect 7 reps"

Expect to be disappointed. There's no way in hell SSB4 is getting 7 Pokemon slots. Also Sakurai WANTS to add everyone back from Brawl, but has said he can't bring every past character back. There WILL be cuts. Squirtle, Ivysaur, Lucas, Wolf, and Snake, I can see being cut. I know you like Squirtle and Ivysaur, but just because you like them doesn't mean they have a chance of being in SSB4.

I'm thinking 5 at most for Pokemon. Pikachu, Jiggs, Ninja, Lucario, and Charizard.
On the contrary, I'm holding judgement on Wolf and Lucas. I agree that Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur are most likely cut, but I think it's too quick to assume that those two are prime candidates. We thought the same of Toon Link, Lucario and Ike, and all three came back, with one of those three being a full blown clone.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
On the contrary, I'm holding judgement on Wolf and Lucas. I agree that Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur are most likely cut, but I think it too quick to assume that those two are prime candidates. We thought the same of Toon Link, Lucario and Ike, and all three came back, with one of those three being a full blown clone.
I'm still banking on Lucas returning. Wolf could go either way, though i'd like to see him return. Basically the only one i want cut is Snake. Squirtle and Ivy are just going to suffer the no transformations clause.

Shadow Ganon

Smash Cadet
On the contrary, I'm holding judgement on Wolf and Lucas. I agree that Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur are most likely cut, but I think it's too quick to assume that those two are prime candidates. We thought the same of Toon Link, Lucario and Ike, and all three came back, with one of those three being a full blown clone.
Bringing back Lucario and Toon Link really convinced me that we'll see Wolf and Lucas. It is still possible we might get a replacement rep for Star Fox / Mother. I doubt more and definitely no to less reps but Wolf and Lucas coming back is most likely in my opinion. Maybe with a few changes to make them stand out more.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm honestly surprised more people aren't concerned for R.O.B. frankly. Yes, he had an original moveset, but the way I see it, is that he was in Brawl mainly due to the SSE. I myself view R.O.B. as as much as a likely cut as the other characters that people doubt.

domokl

Smash Lord
I'm honestly surprised more people aren't concerned for R.O.B. frankly. Yes, he had an original moveset, but the way I see it, is that he was in Brawl mainly due to the SSE. I myself view R.O.B. as as much as a likely cut as the other characters that people doubt.
He was in because he saved nintendo not because of sse. Why would sakurai add one character for a whole gamemode? R.o.b is back for sure

Shroob

Sup?
He was in because he saved nintendo not because of sse. Why would sakurai add one character for a whole gamemode? R.o.b is back for sure
And yet, I don't believe it. R.O.B. was the ugly duckling of Brawl. No one wanted him and no one really 'liked' him. Unlike WFT who has seemed to grow on the community, R.O.B. calls back to Brawl days where people's expectations were absurdly high, and when R.O.B. was shown, everyone hated him because he wasn't the character they wanted. I feel like he still has that stigmata attached to him to some degree.

R.O.B. is important to Nintendo, sure, but even now I have a hard time justifying him as a character since he's not as much of a character as he is a piece of gaming hardware. At least Mr.Game and Watch was a character in his games.

Obviously, I feel that he will be back, but it would not surprise me at all if he was cut, nor do I think that many people would care.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
And yet, I don't believe it. R.O.B. was the ugly duckling of Brawl. No one wanted him and no one really 'liked' him. Unlike WFT who has seemed to grow on the community, R.O.B. calls back to Brawl days where people's expectations were absurdly high, and when R.O.B. was shown, everyone hated him because he wasn't the character they wanted. I feel like he still has that stigmata attached to him to some degree.

R.O.B. is important to Nintendo, sure, but even now I have a hard time justifying him as a character since he's not as much of a character as he is a piece of gaming hardware. At least Mr.Game and Watch was a character in his games.

Obviously, I feel that he will be back, but it would not surprise me at all if he was cut, nor do I think that many people would care.
ROB was one of my favorite characters in Brawl, and I know a LOT of people who really liked him...

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
"Expect 7 reps"

You're entitled to think what you want. I'll chose to base my beliefs on logic and fact.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I think it seems far more likely that R.O.B. was added to the game based on his role in the history of Nintendo (and gaming as a whole for that matter) and then they gave him a big part in SSE because he was the character that would seem to fit that kind of role the best.

Also, I agree with whoever it was that said Lucario and Toon Link make Wolf and Lucas more likely, Toon Link is the biggest clone in Brawl (even though his floatiness and speed set him apart from Link) and Lucario just isn't really relevant, despite Gamefreak trying so hard to make him popular.

Shroob

Sup?
I think it seems far more likely that R.O.B. was added to the game based on his role in the history of Nintendo (and gaming as a whole for that matter) and then they gave him a big part in SSE because he was the character that would seem to fit that kind of role the best.

Also, I agree with whoever it was that said Lucario and Toon Link make Wolf and Lucas more likely, Toon Link is the biggest clone in Brawl (even though his floatiness and speed set him apart from Link) and Lucario just isn't really relevant, despite Gamefreak trying so hard to make him popular.
R.O.B. had a stint of popularity in the mid 2000's though. He was in Mario Kart, Pikmin, Warioware, F-Zero.... While I don't deny R.O.B.'s importance to Nintendo's history, I do honestly see him as a likely cut. He's like the Virtual Boy in the sense that Nintendo likes to reference him every so often, only to stick him back on the shelf and collect dust until they feel the desire to play with him again.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
R.O.B. had a stint of popularity in the mid 2000's though. He was in Mario Kart, Pikmin, Warioware, F-Zero.... While I don't deny R.O.B.'s importance to Nintendo's history, I do honestly see him as a likely cut. He's like the Virtual Boy in the sense that Nintendo likes to reference him every so often, only to stick him back on the shelf and collect dust until they feel the desire to play with him again.
While I do really like Rob, I think you make some good points, and are right that there wouldn't be a huge outrage if he were to be cut from the game. There would be an upset minority, but that's about it.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Do you really think R.O.B would be cut because he wasn't the character people wanted for Brawl? You could say that about a lot of characters (Game & Watch in Melee).

Captain Soviet

Smash Apprentice
And yet, I don't believe it. R.O.B. was the ugly duckling of Brawl. No one wanted him and no one really 'liked' him.
Speak for yourself. :psycho: I jokingly called him two weeks before Brawl was released in Japan, and when I saw he was actually playable my hype achieved maximum levels. He was and is my favorite Brawl character, and the only one who managed to bump him to second fave Smash Character was Mega Man. :4megaman::rob::4littlemac:Team NES for life.

Shroob

Sup?
Do you really think R.O.B would be cut because he wasn't the character people wanted for Brawl? You could say that about a lot of characters (Game & Watch in Melee).
No, I'm not using that as my basis for an argument at all, I'm just saying that as far as characters go, R.O.B.'s popularity is probably very, very low compared to others.

In fact, I don't really have an argument per se, it's just my belief that R.O.B. is a more likely cut than what some people believe. People tend to focus on what they view is 'obvious'.

"Toon Link is cut because Spirit Tracks Link in the background!"

"Lucario isn't relevant! We'll get Mewtwo!"

"Marth + Newest Lord is how it goes!"

"Lucas and Wolf are semi-clones! They must be cut!"

I think it's time we stop trying to think in a logical sense and let our minds run wild. Sakurai is as wily as a fox, and using logic to try to predict what he'll do just doesn't pay off in the end. It used to, when new game equaled a reveal, but he stopped that pattern, and now it's anyone's guess about what will happen.

....Which is why I'm excited for E3. We have.... no idea what will happen. Is it going to be like last year with a ton of character reveals both old and new? Perhaps we won't get as many but we'll get more newcomers? What if we get more veterans than newcomers? We have zero idea what is going to happen, and I like it like that. Makes things interesting.

Last edited:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
ROB deniers likely either:

A: never had a glorious down-air KO using ROB
B: have been KO'd by a glorious down-air from ROB
C: are ignorant of the background of ROB
D: all of the above

Shroob

Sup?
ROB deniers likely either:

A: never had a glorious down-air KO using ROB
B: have been KO'd by a glorious down-air from ROB
C: are ignorant of the background of ROB
D: all of the above
Or E: none of the above and just feel like he could get the boot as easily as anyone else.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Or E: none of the above and just feel like he could get the boot as easily as anyone else.
Same chances as anyone else wouldn't really be saying he's not coming back. And chances are an illusion. The deed's been done probably. The roster has been decided and everyone has either 100% or 0% of a chance of being on it.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
If anything, I feel 6 would be best, because, well, Pokemon teams are 6 Pokemon, and... it'd be funny, think about it.

>Get Greninja as your starter through Froakie > Catch Pikachu > Get Charizard(Charmander) from the Professor > Get Korrina's Lucario > Catch a Jigglypuff > Postgame catch Mewtwo.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
You could make the exact same argument for Falco, Wolf, Ike, Lucas, Mr. Game & Watch, and to a slightly lesser extent Ness and Captain Falcon. None of them have been in any games recently aside from remakes, rereleases, and cameos for a while. And then there's Lucario, he obviously has to be in every main series Pokemon game, but at this point it's so easy to tell that they're desperate for fans to love him as much as Pikachu, Charizard, or Mewtwo and it just isn't going to happen.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I call fake on the basis of a) Nintendo wouldn't do this so early and b) those screens sure do look inconsistent.

Still, can someone find some image checker to see what's been altered in photoshop?

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I want to say it's Ridley, but I can't make heads or tails of who it is.

Mewtwo Ness and Ridley? have NEW in their character boxes as well. The lack of order isn't really an issue, but I sincerly doubt they would have the same backgrounds as they do on the Sm4sh site, the random colors are just ugly as sin.

Which Ness is it the same as?

EDIT: Forgot the obvious, the UI is way different than what we know in the direct, and some characters not in the demo are there. Pretty much 100% fake, bad photoshop is bad.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Ok, hows this. Shiek and OLIMAR (who is in the tournament) are not on this select screen.

My point being, it makes no sense for Olimar to be missing

Last edited:

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
In addition to the previously mentioned comments, I just want to express some serious doubt regarding the use of the website's colors. When has the character select screen ever given unique color backgrounds to the characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom