• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH8K0bPc-BE

I'm pretty sure this sticking out of border thing is just a coincidence, however, there is one massive thing people overlook; during the Direct, a Pokemon stage was sort of revealed; Kalos League. What if a Sonic, Pikmin, and/or Kirby stage is shown at E3?
I feel like Kalos League reveal was almost by accident. It briefly appeared in two scenes and was never addressed directly, unlike literally every other stage we've seen. Unless they intend to briefly flash by and never address four more stages from four different series at E3 (Pikachu is once again out of his border, implying more Pokemon).

D

Deleted member

It's possible, but I say shadow because one he doesn't seem to be an assist, is a villain, popular, and already had a model they could use for him.
Shadow's not a villain. Also the models in this game are not taken from existing games; they are custom made for smash specifically.

I feel like Kalos League reveal was almost by accident. It briefly appeared in two scenes and was never addressed directly, unlike literally every other stage we've seen. Unless they intend to briefly flash by and never address four more stages from four different series at E3 (Pikachu is once again out of his border, implying more Pokemon).
The fact that it was the only stage shown but not named / didn't go into any detail about is the important thing here.
It may also refer to items. Note that the Pokeballs took up a whole section of direct.

I just think this whole thing is a coincidence, and am desperately clawing at ways to make it seem as such.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Shadow's not a villain. Also the models in this game are not taken from existing games; they are custom made for smash specifically.

The fact that it was the only stage shown but not named / didn't go into any detail about is the important thing here.
It may also refer to items. Note that the Pokeballs took up a whole section of direct.

I just think this whole thing is a coincidence, and am desperately clawing at ways to make it seem as such.
I know about the models, that's why it makes more sense. and he is like an anti hero sort of.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I'm finding it difficult to place what game that tails model could possibly come from. All of the gamecube era games have a crappier model than that, but he's barely been playable in any games since, and when he has, the model was nicer.

I might just be forgetting a game...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anti Hero =/= Villain

Shadow is certainly an anti hero, but he's not a villain.
It all depends on who you ask, I have see them being treated as villains in other games while also being anti heroes, I mean if he goes around shooting people...

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
It all depends on who you ask, I have see them being treated as villains in other games while also being anti heroes, I mean if he goes around shooting people...
It depends on the story. An anti-hero is against the hero in some way, but he isn't the main antagonist and might even be working against the main antagonist.

Shadow is more often depicted as an anti hero, but he was a villain for the majority of SA2.

But we're getting off topic. =P

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It depends on the story. An anti-hero is against the hero in some way, but he isn't the main antagonist and might even be working against the main antagonist.

Shadow is more often depicted as an anti hero, but he was a villain for the majority of SA2.

Indeed, so to sum it up, it all depends on how you view the characters and that will decide what makes them sound plausible in leaks. Now we just need a leak with a project x zone rep...

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
http://www.models-resource.com/wii/SuperSmashBrosBrawl/model/77/

If anything, I feel like the Tails pictures are probably just someone with a bit of know how messing around with this model. There are some inconsistencies, sure, but it looks pretty close. Main differences that I've noticed being the mouth placement, those weird edges in Tails' ears, and the placement of the shine in his eyes.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
http://www.models-resource.com/wii/SuperSmashBrosBrawl/model/77/

If anything, I feel like the Tails pictures are probably just someone with a bit of know how messing around with this model. There are some inconsistencies, sure, but it looks pretty close. Main differences that I've noticed being the mouth placement, those weird edges in Tails' ears, and the placement of the shine in his eyes.
Yeah, I hadn't considered the Brawl model.... seems pretty close, with the hexagonal... socks? And the specific ways the shading is baked in. It wouldn't be hard to make some changes to the textures in order to make it look like it does in the leak.

I think that's as close as we're going to get to disproving it, though.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I'm sorry if these have been suggested but what Sonic Rivals 2 (Tails is playable) or Sonic Generation (Tails is in a few challenges I believe)

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Could he be an assist or do assists not have outlines
Yeah, I hadn't considered the Brawl model.... seems pretty close, with the hexagonal... socks? And the specific ways the shading is baked in. It wouldn't be hard to make some changes to the textures in order to make it look like it does in the leak.

I think that's as close as we're going to get to disproving it, though.
I thought it looked like lost world tails. What is the original claim on the leak? Could it just be an undoctored screen from lost world? That would explain why its hard to identify the background.

Kinda look like windy hill clouds. Isnt sonic lost world on 3ds?

Last edited:

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix

I just have to clarify. Anti heroes are not against the heroes, they are the heroes. Anti heros are when the "heroes" (central characters in a story/protagonists) satisy one or all of:

(1) lack conventional heroic qualities like idealism, courage, nobility, compassion, etc
(2) have imperfections that classic heroes don't have, like selfishness, self-loathing, etc
(3) have characteristic normally associated with villians, like greed, violence, hatred
(4) have possibly noble intentions but in which the ends justify the means

Examples: Magneto in the newest X-men movies, Severus Snape, Jack Sparrow, Catwoman, "V" in V for Vendetta

Edit: I should also mention that in many cases they will be doing good things but for selfish reasons. For most of the first Star Wars movie (Episode IV), Han Solo and Chewy are an anti heroes, compared to Luke and Ben who are classic heroes. Anti heroes are generally much more popular nowadays because they are "cooler" that way. Superman and Spiderman when they were first created were very clearly classic heroes, but efforts have been made to make them more anti hero like to stay relevant to modern tastes. End rant, sorry to get off topic.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Can I ask something btw concerning the outline thing. I've never really noticed the different outline color before. Heck in the image showing why Ness and Jiggs are fake I still don't see it. It looks to me the outline is just black all around. How does the colors actually difer.

Also while I'm at it, does the Palutena leak have different colors on her outline?

Lastly a quick status update, QueenofTermina replied....to only not answer any question of mine and say she had no new info.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Also while I'm at it, does the Palutena leak have different colors on her outline?
Yes, indeedy dandy. The change is most noticeable near her halo.

Shroob

Sup?
Well, now that we know what the bottom screen looks like, I feel that it'll be hard for fakers to make convincing 3ds leaks now without being forced to show the bottom screen too.

Neo Zero

That doesn't really deconfirm them though. This screen likely would be taken while the game is currently running. The angles of both Palutena and Tails would imply they're taken from the pause menu

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Saying Shadow would be in before Tails is the equivalent of saying that Waluigi would be in before Luigi.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Saying either of them is playable is blatant ignorance of facts.
There's no accounting for Sonic fans.

I don't we'll get any legitimate E3 leak until the day of the conference or a day before (if there is one at all).

samsparta21

Smash Ace
There's no accounting for Sonic fans.

I don't we'll get any legitimate E3 leak until the day of the conference or a day before (if there is one at all).
"Little Mac was an assist in Brawl, and now he's playable. Shadow confirmed!" -Miiverse

In all seriousness though, additional characters from the same third-party game have no chance.
Sakurai said:
I think Snake and Sonic joining were fantastic. It made many fans happy, and it broadened the Smash Bros arena. However, introducing more non-Nintendo characters willy-nilly will lose the focus of the game, so I also recognise the need to narrow it down.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Saying either of them is playable is blatant ignorance of facts.
Oh of course there's literally no chance that Sonic will get another character. I was just speaking hypothetically. *If there was one, it wouldn't be Shadow.

I'm almost starting to think that Snake will be playable.
I still think that the comment Reubon Langdon made make this highly likely, seeing as how he wasn't involved with Playstation All-Stars.

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I'm almost starting to think that Snake will be playable.
"I’m not working on that game so I don’t know, but I don’t think that’s likely. I don’t know. Well if Mr. Sakurai is watching this, please use Snake." -Kojima

Completely up to Sakurai, since there's no pressure from Kojima anymore. Also since Mega Man is in that would raise it to 3 third-party characters already.
Oh of course there's literally no chance that Sonic will get another character.
There really isn't, there's no reason to add another character from a third-party series, Sakurai has said he doesn't want a lot of third-party characters in, so only one character from a single third-party series should represent it

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
So in that situation, I don't see us losing any veterans besides Squirtle and Ivysaur.

Which is strange, because Sakurai made a big deal about cuts.
Frankly, I don't see us losing any veterans. Sakurai specifically stated that he wasn't going to arbtriraily cut any characters, and that he hoped to bring everyone back from Brawl. He said that not everyone who has been playable in Smash Bros would return, obviously referring to characters like Pichu and Young Link.

If he brought back ZSS, Sheik and Toon Link, I don't see why he'd cut two unique and popular Pokemon who had prominent roles in the newest Pokemon game.

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Frankly, I don't see us losing any veterans. Sakurai specifically stated that he wasn't going to arbtriraily cut any characters, and that he hoped to bring everyone back from Brawl. He said that not everyone who has been playable in Smash Bros would return, obviously referring to characters like Pichu and Young Link.

If he brought back ZSS, Sheik and Toon Link, I don't see why he'd cut two unique and popular Pokemon who had prominent roles in the newest Pokemon game.
Squirtle and Ivysaur are gone. On their own, they're just random Pokemon characters. And they take up two more slots, which is way too much for one series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom