• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
I had a bad feeling the best Smash players might get left out, since Nintendo left it to an Instagram contest and not a battle of skills.
The Instagram contest was for something else buddy. These players were handpicked.

Shroob

Sup?
So, not only does this put a nail in the previous CSS leak, but now we know who will be at the invitational and that there will be new GCN controllers made... Gonna be a hard time making a believable leak now.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I had a bad feeling the best Smash players might get left out, since Nintendo left it to an Instagram contest and not a battle of skills.
Having guys like Hbox, Ken and Toph is still really great, just because Armada, M2K and Mango aren't there doesn't mean the players aren't skilled, they are still among the best.

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
The instagram contest was to decide one special fan who gets to compete against a winner of the tournament, not to pick the tournament players.
The Instagram contest was for something else buddy. These players were handpicked.
Ah, thank you both. I must have missed that.

This isn't about the invitational just fyi (I will say Nintendo is very likely aware of any behavioral issues players like M2K may have been a part of in the past, as such, it's their right to not want people like that to represent the Sm4sh product)

What about Battlefield or Lumiose City? They both have blue skies and clouds. Do either set of clouds match Tails or does only Spirit Tracks do it?
Battlefield doesn't match. Different colored, more detailed style of clouds.

And most of the time, it's a different type of cloud entirely, with most of them beneath the stage.

Prism Tower is no better. They're different kinds of clouds AND heavily faded into the background..

And the only other two stages I can think of, 3D Land and Tortimer Island, have massive clouds connected to the horizon, more of a backdrop than actual weather.

Last edited:

Wombatz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Heroicwombat
Really kirby has a good chance, mario had like 6 or so right now, mario luigi peach bowser rosalina yoshi, possibly 7 if wario gets back in
and since sakurai made kirby and seems to be a big fan of it himself it has a pretty good chance of getting a 4th
coughcoughbandanadeecough
His name is not Bandana Dee... He was never officially recognized as that... hes just another Waddle dee with a bandanna and spear... and Waddle dees are in smash run so i dont like his chances... sorry i thiink kirbys good on characters

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
His name is not Bandana Dee... He was never officially recognized as that... hes just another Waddle dee with a bandanna and spear... and Waddle dees are in smash run so i dont like his chances... sorry i thiink kirbys good on characters
Someone hasn't played Kirby Triple Deluxe...

Dark2020

Smash Apprentice
and Waddle dees are in smash run so i dont like his chances... sorry i thiink kirbys good on characters
Waddle Dee's were at Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Bandana Dee was playable.

Edit: In addition, Gordo's are in Smash Run along with Dedede's Waddle Dee Throw

Last edited:

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
http://i.imgur.com/qTPQuKL.jpg

Saw this on Reddit. Has another picture of Tails. It doesn't make much sense why there would be another picture of Tails on the bottom. I'm not saying it's true or not, but has no one pointed out the clouds and blue rectangular little walls are from the Spirit Tracks stage?

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

Saw this on Reddit. Has another picture of Tails. It doesn't make much sense why there would be another picture of Tails on the bottom. I'm not saying it's true or not, but has no one pointed out the clouds and blue rectangular little walls are from the Spirit Tracks stage?
Yeah, not understanding what's going on with the bottom screen. I still want Tails to be playable, but I doubt it.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

That's 2 3DS top screens held close to each other, you can tell because they both have speakers.

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
This "leak" can be debunked the same way as the Jigglypuff and Ness "leak" were:
http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/4/4c/NessJigglypuffFakeImage.jpg

Sort of.

Either way it's obviously false.
I don't think that proves it's obviously false. In the case of Ness and Jigglypuff, yes their shading and stuff was off, but also their models were extremely similar to Brawl. I haven't really seen a model of Tails like this before, and certainly have not seen him really do a pose like what he is doing on the bottom of the picture. I am not really taking a stance on this matter, but I think it's possible he may be an assist trophy or something.

D

Deleted member

That may be true, but I'm looking at the outline specifically. Compare Tails's outline to the outlines in the official screenshots. The thickness is slightly uneven, and is even inconsistent between the two pictures. It almost seems like the person just used the "stroke selection" function that comes with most image editors.

Also, I don't think that this points to Tails being an assist. It may be possible, but correct me if I'm wrong; Assists don't have outlines.

Last edited by a moderator:

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
That may be true, but I'm looking at the outline specifically. Compare Tails's outline to the outlines in the official screenshots. The thickness is slightly uneven, and is even inconsistent between the two pictures. It almost seems like the person just used the "stroke selection" function that comes with most image editors.

Also, I don't think that this points to Tails being an assist. It may be possible, but correct me if I'm wrong; Assists don't have outlines.
Hm, you're right about the Assist Trophy thing. As for outlines for playable characters, Tails' outline is not quite as thick, but Sakurai did say the thickness of the outline can be adjusted or disabled. I think for plausbility's sake, it's fake. But visually I'm having trouble seeing problems with it.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Mmm, not looking good. Compare the mountains n the background between the pics. The official pic's mountains are of far higher quality. Nothing about the Tails images seems high enough quality to be real, unless this from a very old version of the game.

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
Good point about the mountains. I looked but I can't find anything that really matches em. Maybe those are the tops of mountains that are seen at a previously not depicted camera angle though.

Leonyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Leonyx3
3DS FC
2638-1926-1616
Not sure if people saw the Smash Bros. Invitational video yet, but when they went over the playable characters for the tournament, Olimar's picture was also outside of the box behind him, just like Kirby, Sonic, and Pikachu had in the Facebook image. Unless you believe there will be another Pikmin rep (which I'm not saying isn't possible), this detail probably doesn't mean there will be an E3 reveal from each of those series. It's likely just a stylistic choice.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Not sure if people saw the Smash Bros. Invitational video yet, but when they went over the playable characters for the tournament, Olimar's picture was also outside of the box behind him, just like Kirby, Sonic, and Pikachu had in the Facebook image. Unless you believe there will be another Pikmin rep (which I'm not saying isn't possible), this detail probably doesn't mean there will be an E3 reveal from each of those series. It's likely just a stylistic choice.
I like how you use Olimar as an example. :p
I want a second Pikmin rep!!!!!!!!

Astronut

Smash Apprentice
Since the GC wired adapter is now a reality, let me ask this. Could you hypothetically play Brawl laglessly on an LCD (or whatever) on the Wii U? (Same goes for Melee if it gets released on VC) Is the era of CRT's coming to an end?

Wombatz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Heroicwombat
I dont know what to think of these tails pictures... the mountain in the backround of the second one looks slightly different from the ones in spirit tracks so idk

Wombatz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Heroicwombat
It looks like the 3D Land stage to me.
i know this doesnt relate to this thread... but your roster doent have any fire emblem characters... while we have 2 confirmed and most likely one more on the way

I know it's probably nothing but I'm surprised not more of you are talking about this. Why would they do this? It's more or less conspiricy nonsense, but it's really weird that they didn't crop Sonic and Kirby's shoes. Pikachu's ears make a little bit of sense because he might look a little strange with his ears loped off, but the characters shoes are not at all important, especially Kirby. You could just call it bad cropping, but that is really bad cropping. I wouldn't pay someone to do that big of an oversight bad.

Last edited:

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
I know it's probably nothing but I'm surprised not more of you are talking about this.
We did talk about it.

There's really not too much to discuss, since we know those are official images. Either it's a coincidence or it's not, who knows.

Now, this Tails image we've been studying seems awfully coincidental with the fact that Sonic is one of the characters sticking outside his border. Also, if BOTH 3rd parties got multiple playable characters, that would explain why Mega Man's AT is something as humdrum as Elec Man.

That said, as Leonyx pointed out, they use the same artwork in the new video and in addition to Pikachu, Kirby, and Sonic sticking out of their frames, Olimar is also sticking out. Would they really add Louie, Alf, or a series enemy when Pikmin is so small of a series and doesn't vary much in characters? Who can say.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't buy the tails leak, if anything shadow would get in first.

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
I don't buy the tails leak, if anything shadow would get in first.
Why? Tails could have a more unique playstyle, what with his flying and various gadgets, and he's WAY more important and iconic of a character. Tails has been in almost as many games as Sonic has, while Shadow is usually a cameo except in Adventure 2, Heroes, Shadow, 06, and Black Knight.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So basically, all of this speculation was for nothing. Anything else here to talk about besides the Tails leak?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH8K0bPc-BE

I'm pretty sure this sticking out of border thing is just a coincidence, however, there is one massive thing people overlook; during the Direct, a Pokemon stage was sort of revealed; Kalos League. What if a Sonic, Pikmin, and/or Kirby stage is shown at E3?
It's possible, but I say shadow because one he doesn't seem to be an assist, is a villain, popular, and already had a model they could use for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom