• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
I called this on the "Possible Newcomers and Veterans reveals at E3." thread on Monday, and I ain't getting recognition for it!
"

This picture was posted on the official Super Smash Brothers Facebook page. Look at Pikachu, Kirby, and Sonic.
>Pikachu's ears overlap its border.

>Kirby's foot overlaps his border.

>Sonic's foot overlap's his border.

Two Pokemon, a Kirby rep, and third-party rep confirmed for E3."
If that is true, the two Pokemon reps would be Jigglypuff and maybe Mewtwo, the Kirby rep would be...I'm not sure, and the third party rep would be Pac-Man.

If you look on the Invintational video, Olimar's hand is also out of the border, so that could mean a new rep for Pikmin.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Every single newcomer thus far outside of Mac has not been a predicted choice. Each one has an element of surprise. Sure Megaman is ''simple" in perspective but you have to think about how that would've had to been achieved.

And yet people think the roster is going to be safe and have made up their minds what will or will be shoo ins or not happenings. Okay you keep telling yourself that.
Even Mac can be argued to not be an obvious choice. After all, his popularity isn't to hot in Japan.

To be honest, no newcomer is a safe choice, even the Gematsu leak ones. Even Chrom and Palutena, and then we get into the likes of Ridley, Mewtwo and K Rool that also have points for and against. All I'm saying is I don't think a single person could predict the final roster with how it's been shaping up.

EDIT: Perhaps Swamp, but he's still third party, that alone made his fate uncertain. I will say it's nice he was revealed early though.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Megaman is a third party who is owned by a company has no interest in his franchise besides cancelling new games and making a joke out of it.

We're EXTREMELY lucky to have Mega Man playable.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Even Mac can be argued to not be an obvious choice. After all, his popularity isn't to hot in Japan.
Sakurai loves to throw us Westerners a bone every now and then.

Samus in Smash 64.
Charizard in Brawl.
Little Mac in Smash 4/5.

We're so lucky~

And people wonder why my expectations are so low. :drsad:

Neo Zero

Sakurai loves to throw us Westerners a bone every now and then.

Samus in Smash 64.
Charizard in Brawl.
Little Mac in Smash 4/5.

We're so lucky~

And people wonder why my expectations are so low. :drsad:
Charizard I know is very popular in Japan, and is an anime icon. Was Samus that unpopular at the time of 64? I know they were at least making Metroid Prime at the time.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
I've been a supporter of the Chorus Men ever since I saw the Gematsu leak. I really liked the Rhythm Heaven games and I like when obscure characters get some time in the spotlight even more.

Because of them, and Palutena, I've been a huge supporter of that leak. Infact it's the only leak I do support.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I like how people try to want Chorus Men in Smash just because the Gematsu leak mentioned them. I've seen a total of zero supporters before hand. It's not like we got a glimpse of their moveset at all, so almost seems like bandwagoning to me.

Aaaaanyways, my order for the Gematsu leak is:

Want:

Palutena
Chrom (Would prefer Tactitian by miles but...)

Indifferent:

Pac Man
Shulk
Chorus Men (ONLY because I have complete trust Sakurai will give them a good moveset. I don't want them, I'm merely accepting them if the leak is true.)

Don't want:

Mii (Despite being the most likely next to Palutena...)

Shroob

Sup?
I like how people try to want Chorus Men in Smash just because the Gematsu leak mentioned them. I've seen a total of zero supporters before hand. It's not like we got a glimpse of their moveset at all, so almost seems like bandwagoning to me.

Aaaaanyways, my order for the Gematsu leak is:

Want:

Palutena
Chrom (Would prefer Tactitian by miles but...)

Indifferent:

Pac Man
Shulk
Chorus Men (ONLY because I have complete trust Sakurai will give them a good moveset. I don't want them, I'm merely accepting them if the leak is true.)

Don't want:

Mii (Despite being the most likely next to Palutena...)
The thing is, sometimes, you don't know you want a character until you're given them. I didn't know I wanted WFT until I saw her in Smash.... Hell, I didn't even know she was a thing, which I feel like a lot of people didn't even know of the Chorus Men until this leak.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
The thing is, sometimes, you don't know you want a character until you're given them. I didn't know I wanted WFT until I saw her in Smash.... Hell, I didn't even know she was a thing, which I feel like a lot of people didn't even know of the Chorus Men until this leak.
For me, I did get angry for about 1 day when WFT was revealed. But, I am on board with WFT now because I've played and enjoyed the Wii Fit games, and I'm a huge fitness fanatic. So the character does match up to me quite well.

Chorus Men on the other hand, I've never played or even heard of Rhythm Heaven until the leak. So I don't have any support behind them because I just don't care for them. Also, I think Game and Watch (probably one of the best Smash editions of all time) pulls off the simplistic look better. The only reason why I don't hate Chorus Men atm is because I'm 100% they'd have a unique moveset. But I don't want them, and would not be dismayed if the leak is false.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
For me, I did get angry for about 1 day when WFT was revealed. But, I am on board with WFT now because I've played and enjoyed the Wii Fit games, and I'm a huge fitness fanatic. So the character does match up to me quite well.

Chorus Men on the other hand, I've never played or even heard of Rhythm Heaven until the leak. So I don't have any support behind them because I just don't care for them. Also, I think Game and Watch (probably one of the best Smash editions of all time) pulls off the simplistic look better. The only reason why I don't hate Chorus Men atm is because I'm 100% they'd have a unique moveset. But I don't want them, and would not be dismayed if the leak is false.
Welp beeetter get comfy with the idea then... heheheh. ;D

Last edited:

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Welp beeetter get comfy with the idea then... heheheh. ;D
Eh...I don't like acting that a leak is 100% confirmed unless it's confirmed by Nintendo themselves. so I'm not comfy yet :p

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
I always wanted a Rhythm Heaven character...

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
Likewise, I knew OF the Chorus Men from just recognizing their appearance, but I didn't know they even had a name.
It is because not everyone played that game, but if you play, you can know all their names
Simple: Don't you know his name? = Did not play the game

Shroob

Sup?
It is because not everyone played that game, but if you play, you can know all their names
Simple: Don't you know his name? = Did not play the game
Precisely. I've never played a single Rhythm Heaven game because I lack any form of rhythm, but I like listening to the songs whenever I'm just browsing the net.

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
Precisely. I've never played a single Rhythm Heaven game because I lack any form of rhythm, but I like listening to the songs whenever I'm just browsing the net.
Oh, I see...
What the game has, is great wealth of characters, main reason to have a character in Smash.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
To each their own. I'm not the type to hop on a bandwagon, and Chris hit the nail on the head. Once you're fed the idea of a character being in the game, and imagine the possibilities of what they could be like, you're bound to warm up to them.

Except for Miis. **** Miis.

Neo Zero

Yes, well in any case, moving right along

@HextupleyooDOT can you do your thing on this

We still haven't reached a clear conclusion to this, and why I have no doubt it's fake given evidence, I'd still like to hear your analysis on this, and if you can discover anything.

Last edited:

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
To each their own. I'm not the type to hop on a bandwagon, and Chris hit the nail on the head. Once you're fed the idea of a character being in the game, and imagine the possibilities of what they could be like, you're bound to warm up to them.

Except for Miis. **** Miis.
Who wants Mii* on my Smash?
*Me

I like the idea, because all the Miis will be Daisy and Shrerk
It's a good way to have characters that are not in the game

Neo Zero

I'm sure this is nothing but

https://twitter.com/SeanSchemmel/statuses/472206056462876672

@ yakkopinky is Rob Paulsen, the voice actor of Gray Fox. People are saying that by Sean mentioning him randomly (btw, he's voicing Lucario) that he may have inadvertently confirmed that Gray Fox would be an AT again, and more importantly, Metal Gear Solid would again see representation in SSB4.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yes, well in any case, moving right along

@HextupleyooDOT can you do your thing on this

We still haven't reached a clear conclusion to this, and why I have no doubt it's fake given evidence, I'd still like to hear your analysis on this, and if you can discover anything.
That is fanart for Ness, so, it's fake. ^^

Also, about that Chorus Leak, let me just say that, I still expect that, if it is real, that the Chorus Men are NOT playable. But Assists or something. From what I know, it was never said that all the characters he numbered up would be playable.

However, this isn't the topic of Chorus~

Neo Zero

That is fanart for Ness, so, it's fake. ^^

Also, about that Chorus Leak, let me just say that, I still expect that, if it is real, that the Chorus Men are NOT playable. But Assists or something. From what I know, it was never said that all the characters he numbered up would be playable.

However, this isn't the topic of Chorus~
Some people are adamant it's not the same art. I will say, Ness staring straight at the camera would probably be what his render would be, it's all he ever does.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Some people are adamant it's not the same art. I will say, Ness staring straight at the camera would probably be what his render would be, it's all he ever does.
I know. But it just... looks like that fake art. D: Can someone, like, zoom in like hell on it, or something?

Also, is that Purple/black thing suppose to be Ridley? If so, this better be real!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm sure this is nothing but

https://twitter.com/SeanSchemmel/statuses/472206056462876672

@ yakkopinky is Rob Paulsen, the voice actor of Gray Fox. People are saying that by Sean mentioning him randomly (btw, he's voicing Lucario) that he may have inadvertently confirmed that Gray Fox would be an AT again, and more importantly, Metal Gear Solid would again see representation in SSB4.
That is peculiar....

Maybe he's voicing someone else?

Staarih

Smash Master
I find the placement of the characters really weird in this one, they seem a bit all over the place. And am I the only one who sees Ghirahim in the one next to Villager? Or is that supposed to be Mewtwo or something? And Ness definitely looks like that one fake art we've seen before.

I dunno. Fishy.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I find the placement of the characters really weird in this one, they seem a bit all over the place. And am I the only one who sees Ghirahim in the one next to Villager? Or is that supposed to be Mewtwo or something? And Ness definitely looks like that one fake art we've seen before.

I dunno. Fishy.
That is definitely Mewtwo.

lilt

Smash Journeyman
Who wants Mii* on my Smash?
*Me

I like the idea, because all the Miis will be Daisy and Shrerk
It's a good way to have characters that are not in the game
Never thought about this. But if some wanted to, he could use for example Adolf Hitler in Smash.
Would that be okay? :ohwell: Yes, you can use suchlike Miis in MK8 too, but the confrontation in Smash is more straight, especially 1 on 1.

Last edited:

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
I personally think the character above Ness is :gw:. Is that the character some of you think is Ridley?! I honestly think it looks more like :gawmelee:, than Ridley.
YoU're right! This changes things... i cant update tbr image now, ill tryy to do latter.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Did anyone ever give a reason as to why that Ness artwork was fake? I remember people were saying it was, but they never actually gave a reason.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Did anyone ever give a reason as to why that Ness artwork was fake? I remember people were saying it was, but they never actually gave a reason.
Cuz' it seems to be that old Ness fanart that appears in pretty much every fake nowdays. Can't personally confirmed it is that, but it looks a lot like it, and many agrees. I'll wait for someone to confirm it, though.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
i dont remember it ever being truly debunked beyond people just calling fake cause...its what people do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom