• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I also think it might say it varys depending on region. We also only ever get Europe copy pastes anyway.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Yes it's 1:16 here so I probably will. But in my defense, it did say Summer 2014 on the Australia Youtube.
I'd imagine that sort of thing was just an oversight. Most Australians would've been like, 'Well, that probably means summer in the NORTHERN hemisphere.'.

Anyway, something like Smash, I guarantee we'll see a worldwide release for. If not, well.. not to say they haven't had the opportunity.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
A LOT of these posts are getting borderline. If you're discussing a leak indirectly, think through what you want to ask/say so it does not encourage off topic discussion.

Asking if we'll see the starting roster at E3, as a way to kill some leaks is a perfect example of this. The question is in context (just barely), but answers won't be.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Every game has added 2 characters from the same series in a single game. Mario & Luigi/Pikachu&Jigglypuff in 64. Marth&Roy, Pichu&Mewtwo, Peach&Bowser, Zelda&Ganondorf in melee, DDD&Meta Knight in Brawl. I won't be surprised if the same happens on 4.
I was talking about newcomers

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I don't entirely get that reference.
Steve Martin hosted and did guest spots on Saturday Night Live so much in the early days that people often mistake him for having been a cast member when he wasn't. I guess it was kind of an obscure reference, I'm just a fan of early SNL.

Last edited:

Gusto

Smash Cadet
Well... this isn't exactly a E3 2014 leak, but I couldn't find a 3DS leak thread. Anyway, so I found this picture on facebook that might be our first vidence in confirming the Palutena leak to be fake... thoughts? I really want Palutena in Smash, so I hope this was just a texture update... besides, Sakurai has said countless times that some things you might see weren't final.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
These leaks so far are a bit strange... No one ever heard of Mike Jones... It's kinda easy to make up a leak and bring it as something true, especially when the big moment itself is so close... people are getting overhyped and believe everything too easy. I'm not expecting the Mike Jones 'leak' to be true, but we'll see.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
These leaks so far are a bit strange... No one ever heard of Mike Jones... It's kinda easy to make up a leak and bring it as something true, especially when the big moment itself is so close... people are getting overhyped and believe everything too easy. I'm not expecting the Mike Jones 'leak' to be true, but we'll see.
I'm not either. I'm willing to bet Sakurai doesn't even know who Mike Jones is...

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Well... this isn't exactly a E3 2014 leak, but I couldn't find a 3DS leak thread. Anyway, so I found this picture on facebook that might be our first vidence in confirming the Palutena leak to be fake... thoughts? I really want Palutena in Smash, so I hope this was just a texture update... besides, Sakurai has said countless times that some things you might see weren't final.
How does this prove Palutena's leak to be fake? Mario's position in both screens aren't even the same.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
They are strange, yes, but you can't use the reasoning that "no one has ever heard of _____" as reason to debunk a leak. I had never heard of Ness when Smash 64 came out, or Marth/Roy in Melee, or R.O.B with Brawl.

That said, I really doubt the Mike/Lucas/ChibiRobo leak (As much as I want Mike Jones playable, hence the avatar)

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
These leaks so far are a bit strange... No one ever heard of Mike Jones...
I have. I've played Star Tropics. It's a solid game, definitely needs to be played. I just don't see Nintendo doing anything with the franchise, and certainly not reviving it. Mike Jones would make an interesting character in Smash, but I definitely don't see that happening, either.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Looks like the guy won't add anything today. So for E3 which "leaks" do we have ?

For now, we have the onecwith Mike Jones both playable and new game, and the exclusive roster one with the Robin being exclusive to 3DS, right ?
What else ? :nifty:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Looks like the guy won't add anything today. So for E3 which "leaks" do we have ?

For now, we have the onecwith Mike Jones both playable and new game, and the exclusive roster one with the Robin being exclusive to 3DS, right ?
What else ? :nifty:
Still waiting for that link to the Hades guys thread where he's updating

No new ones.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well it could be 10 columns, 5 rows + one row not complete, something like this ;

We would be closer from melee. And brawl was a bit unorganized until you unlocked all the characters.
Replace mike jones with king k roll

And the chorus men with a rhythm heaven character/a WTF character (i need good proof that the chorus men is legit)

Then i will approve of this roster.

D

Deleted member

Replace mike jones with king k roll

And the chorus men with a rhythm heaven character/a WTF character (i need good proof that the chorus men is legit)

Then i will approve of this roster.
The Chorus Kids are Rhythm Heaven characters.
What the Hell are you smoking?

HohnTTD

Smash Cadet
If anything I think the similarities of the models yet different poses make this leak more likely. The textures look similar but the lighting looks a bit different, but that could because of the different pose or due to the fact that one of them is an off-screen photo.

Even if this is just a well-done fake, I'd still be surprised if Palutena (or at least another Kid Icarus character) wasn't on the roster.

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
I'd probably chalk the texture stuff up to the fact that the leak is an off screen photo

If anything i think this picture actually HELPS as if i remember the time of the leak correctly we never saw mario in this pose on the 3ds and now we have an offical screenshot where their near identical

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
it seems like mario is slightly scaled here and there, making him more naturally built. It could be an adjustment Sakurai did in the meantime these pictures were taken...

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
That Pic of the Day was posted a month or so after the leak. No disprovement needed :p

EDIT: According to IGN's Daily Updates page that pic is from March 25th, over two months after that leak.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1:59
コーラスメン
koorasumen
Chorus Men
Outside Japan, they are the "Chorus Kids" instead.
Truth, huh? Smells an awful lot like Wrong to me.

The "Chorus Men" are the Chorus Kids, and they are Rhythm Heaven characters.
Hence the idea that they should be replaced with a Rhythm Heaven character when they are RH characters doesn't add up.

Last edited by a moderator:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

Truth, huh? Smells an awful lot like Wrong to me.

The "Chorus Men" are the Chorus Kids, and they are Rhythm Heaven characters.
Hence the idea that they should be replaced with a Rhythm Heaven character when they are RH characters doesn't add up.
"Sal Out"

Sal leak confirmed!

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
boards.deniableplausibility.net/v/thread/246053410/#246053410

Im on mobile so dunno if it will work.

Gusto

Smash Cadet
I'd also like to point out that 6 fighters will be revealed at E3.

Gusto

Smash Cadet
Are you a new leaker?
Also, are there any new leaks? I'm tired of waiting
Haha. I wish. I'd love to leak but I'm not a leaker. I just know about 6 characters being revealed due to the Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U website.
(The weird colors are because I had to use a "Sharpen" filter to darken the slots, because they are quite hard to see)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Haha. I wish. I'd love to leak but I'm not a leaker. I just know about 6 characters being revealed due to the Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U website.
(The weird colors are because I had to use a "Sharpen" filter to darken the slots, because they are quite hard to see)
Well thats not a leak but

I suppose 3 veterans and 3 newcomers could happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom