• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Not really when it come's to showing the games that intrest me. I'll say Microsoft is better though since most of the PS3 games comes on the 360. :/.
Agreed.

Look, I'll admit that the Nintendo conference was bad.

However, from a practical standpoint, Nintendo seems to have the overall best E3 showing.

Nintendo pretty much only showed off 1st party games, while Microsoft and Sony also showed off a lot of third party stuff. I don't understand why everyone's complaining because I got three very interesting games out of that conference in addition to a large number of games that were mentioned before, often by 3rd parties. Part of it is that I also welcome DS news, and am no longer looking specifically for wii news.

I came into E3 with 4 Nintendo system games I was interested in coming out in the next year and a half and I left with 7. I consider that pretty good.

Of course, what's best varies from person to person. Oddly, a lot of people who visit smashboards seem to think Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a bad idea.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
This trailer actually looks good............. but way too movie like dosn't even seem like a game.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The Last Guardian video looked pretty great, and it looked more polished than the previous one.

GT5 - sweet. I never was a fan of the series, but it looks nice.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Except MAG, God of War, and FF14.

If you are going to hate a console, make the reasons at least logical.
How logical do you want to be to besides me not having interest in most PS3 games? O_o

Though my friend loves PS3 to death right now, I'm having a different thought. I will admit that there's three games that caught my eye right now that's only for PS3.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
It's fine if you say it has nothing that interests you, but you said most PS3 games come to 360, and there are plenty that do not.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I think you're all forgetting that FFXIV will be online...

The best part about God of War is that we've been doing the same thing since the first one, but nobody seems to complain.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
It's different because you don't need it to play every game. And that is great to me. It's an accessory, and you don't have to get it if you don't want, as motion control should be.

Sweet! Team Ico's Last Guardian.
I disagree.

To revolutionize anything, you have to force change. Motion controls can never be more than a gimmick if Sony pursues them this way. There's no need to demo any motion controls unless they plan to start packing these controllers with every PS3 - it will never have a wide enough usage as an accessory to become standard, or even common.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Cool new enemies, nice weapons :)

I loved god of war, and God of War 2 was good too, but the it looks like a resurfaced god of war.
And this fight doesn't look at all familiar.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
How logical do you want to be to besides me not having interest in most PS3 games? O_o

Though my friend loves PS3 to death right now, I'm having a different thought. I will admit that there's three games that caught my eye right now that's only for PS3.
Yeah, personally I'm looking into LBP and MGS4. But that's about it. I might add some more to my list when Versus and the Ico project come out, but I don't see much need to buy a PS3 for future games.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
I disagree.

To revolutionize anything, you have to force change. Motion controls can never be more than a gimmick if Sony pursues them this way. There's no need to demo any motion controls unless they plan to start packing these controllers with every PS3 - it will never have a wide enough usage as an accessory to become standard, or even common.
I wouldn't say you're right, but the eye toy is an example of what you are saying.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I think I need to buy a PS3 now.

Mostly because it looks like there won't be MGS4 on 360 :(
Eh, give it time. I think it'll happen sooner or later.

Sony's conference was pretty good with MAG being played. I enjoyed that a lot more than Nintendo's who just had Galaxy 2 and Metroid of interest to me.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Each conference got me exited for a few games.

Nintendo:
Galaxy 2
Metroid
Golden Sun
Super mario bros wii

Sony:
Last Guardian
God of War 3
The Cartoon Racing game w/ map maker (can't remember the name)

Microsoft:
Splinter Cell Conviction
Project Natal
Halo Reach

EA:
Star Wars Old Republic
Mass Effect 2
Need for Speed: Shift

Ubisoft:
Red Steel 2

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Hannah Montana PSP Bundle...
He asked if anything was bad about the press conference.

Sony's press conference was pretty good tbh. I'm surprised that they weren't overblown by Microsoft's press conference and all the leaks before the show.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The leaks seem planted. I noticed nothing about the PS3 Slim, so I guess that was a complete hoax even though it came out the same time as the PSP Go, so who knows.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
PS3 Slim looked like such a hoax lol.

Also:

Miyamoto + Nintendo Presentation: 6:00 PM PT / 9:00 PM ET / 2:00 AM GMT

No live streams. Hopefully live blogs though. This is where Brawl was shown three years ago. This is where Chris Remo went "Are you making Pikmin 3" and got a reply last year (which was the only relevant news out of Nintendo that show...). So who knows. Maybe something will come of it.
THE DAY ISN'T OVER EVERYONE. NEW ZELDA WHOO

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I'd get a PS3 for the following games in order:

Grand Turismo 5
Uncharted 2
That LBP racing game
God of War 3

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
GOW3 looks sooooooooooooo good. It sealed the deal on me getting a PS3.

The Last Guardian looked like a movie. Aside from the obvious throwing a barrel at an enemy bit, I couldn't tell which clips were cutscenes and which were gameplay.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Keep in mind, with Pikmin 3 they got a trailer that just said "Pikmin 3." And also, a year later, we didn't even get a screen shot of it, so anything shown there will be at least 2 years down the pipe. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it's a ways off.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Alright, the Conferences are over for today and all that's left on G4 is Demos, I'll probably tune in to see how Steve Wiebe is doing on Dokey Kong but other than that I'm out of here.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Heh, Crimson said sex toys in order to punish someone for referencing sex toys.

Other M looks like a Gamecube game, and not a late GC game like Twilight Princess, but a mid-aged GC game.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Wow... you know you're a nerd when you know who Steve Wiebe is.

D'oh.
....And now I feel like a nerd. To be fair, I had no idea who he was until I saw Donkey Kong and remembered G4 yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom