• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I'm happy with this year's performance by Nintendo. SMG2 and Metroid are enough to make me happy. I didn't expect another Zelda, so that's no big deal to me, though it would have been awesome.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I didn't watch that one. I had never even heard of E3 until 2006, when I actually got serious about Nintendo games. What did they announce then?
We were introduced to Reggie.

"Hi, my name is Reggie. I'm about kicking ***, and taking names."

They went on to announce a whole bunch of games. I believe Metroid Prime 2, one of the Star Fox games, the original DS announcement and much, much more

And then, it finished with the greatest thing of all time. Ever.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There's something wrong with the fanbase if they are actually complaining after the Nintendo conference. That was probably the best conference they've ever had in the history of E3.
Far be it from me to flame someone, but were you dropped on your head? Or were you watching one of the pre-2007 E3 conferences? this was hoooooooooooorible. The only game I'd go as far to say was "amazing" was the new Metroid and new Golden Sun. Mario Galaxy is them just making a few new maps and throwing Yoshi in there. New Mario Bros Wii is average and all the other games were ones that we knew of ages back. Sorry Reggie, but playing basketball isn't impressive at all. Oh, and where's shiggy during all this? Probably back in Japan crying.

This years beats last years, but that's like saying cat poop is better than dog poop.

EDIT: Anth0ny, that brang a tear to my eye. I miss awesome so much :(

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm happy with this year's performance by Nintendo. SMG2 and Metroid are enough to make me happy. I didn't expect another Zelda, so that's no big deal to me, though it would have been awesome.
I would gladly have sacrificed NSMBWii, SMG2, and the new Metroid for Zelda Wii.

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo DS
Super Mario 64 DS
Metroid Prime 2
Legend Of Zelda TP

That's what they announced/showed.
Sounds like I would've came.

I'm really thinking about buying a DSi now. Golden Sun, KH, and that animation game they showed hit the spot.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
While MS beat the heck out of nintendo when it comes to thier events, the new METROID GAME IS LOOKING AWESOME! If memory serves me right this game SHOULD be covering SAMUS ARANS past. It shows her as a little girl and it shows her old commander. Im glad team ninja is doing this. It wil be more violent and less of a SHOOTER like the prime series was. Man i CANNOT WAIT!

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Far be it from me to flame someone, but were you dropped on your head? Or were you watching one of the pre-2007 E3 conferences? this was hoooooooooooorible. The only game I'd go as far to say was "amazing" was the new Metroid and new Golden Sun. Mario Galaxy is them just making a few new maps and throwing Yoshi in there. New Mario Bros Wii is average and all the other games were ones that we knew of ages back. Sorry Reggie, but playing basketball isn't impressive at all. Oh, and where's shiggy during all this? Probably back in Japan crying.

This years beats last years, but that's like saying cat poop is better than dog poop.
They announced Golden Sun DS, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and a new Metroid game. This is in addition to my knowledge of The Conduit, Red Steel 2, Spirit Tracks, and a Pokemon G/S remake.

If I were viewing first party in a vaccuum, then yes, this would be average, but I now know that 2010 will be rediculously amazing, 2009 will have a lot of fun games, and I will not in fact be forced to buy a PS3 to escape boredom.

I consider the lack of a need to spend $400+ for good games makes for a very good E3.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Besides the lack of F-Zero and WiiHD (Maybe next year.....) I was actually pretty satisfied. The new Metroid Made me cream my pants in ways you never want to know, and NSMBwii actually looks pretty fun. Mario galaxy 2 looks cool, but it's a bit too close to mario galaxy 1 for comfort. Golden Sun 3 is an insta-buy, though I never played 2 yet ;o;

All in all, I'm content, but it was lacking the buttloads of content Microsoft threw out, and rehashed too much stuff we knew about before. But whatev.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I would gladly have sacrificed NSMBWii, SMG2, and the new Metroid for Zelda Wii.
I probably would too, but I was pretty sure there wasn't going to be a Zelda game. I mean, they just announced Spirit Tracks not that long ago. And we're getting some good stuff to hold us over to Zelda Wii, so I'll take what I get for the moment.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
They announced Golden Sun DS, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and a new Metroid game. This is in addition to my knowledge of The Conduit, Red Steel 2, Spirit Tracks, and a Pokemon G/S remake.

If I were viewing first party in a vaccuum, then yes, this would be average, but I now know that 2010 will be rediculously amazing, 2009 will have a lot of fun games, and I will not in fact be forced to buy a PS3 to escape boredom.

I consider the lack of a need to spend $400+ for good games makes for a very good E3.
SMG was average and the sequel looks just as average. Other than Metroid and Golden Sun everything they 'announced' was already well known, a fair few already released in japan. And I didn't see or hear anything mentioned about Pokemon HGSS there.

It was there second worst E3 ever. Only second worst because nothing could be worse than last years.

EDIT: Short of Dragging Shiggy out on stage and having Cammy rip his head off and use it in a promo for "Womens Murder club"

*Shudder*

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
My reaction: meh.

The only game I was really interested in was the 4 player Mario. There were other gems, but nothing I'll be buying. Also, that lady is really boring and needs to talk less.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
On Super Mario Galaxy's graphics you can't mess with perfection. Also since I never owned a Playstation all my life, I won't be watching PS3 part of E3.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
SMG was average and the sequel looks just as average. Other than Metroid and Golden Sun everything they 'announced' was already well known, a fair few already released in japan. And I didn't see or hear anything mentioned about Pokemon HGSS there.

It was there second worst E3 ever. Only second worst because nothing could be worse than last years.
Whatever you say.

Although I should tell you right now, no one can convince me not to enjoy Super Mario Galaxy 2. Super Mario Galaxy is the most win thing I've ever played, and I absolutely would love to see a sequel with a bunch of new stages, puzzles, etc.

I do admit that I thought the original Galaxy was a little on the easy side, but honestly, I was really worried there wouldn't be a Galaxy 2, as usually each Mario game represents reinvented mechanics. The Galaxy announcement will pretty much be my favorite announcement this E3.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
When they mentioned long dark RPG series I was hoping they were talking about Earthbound X_X;

I like Golden Sun though. Wish we saw more of it, but they did show the sexiest summon so I can't complain.

Mario Galaxy was ridiculously easy and thus unappealing to me. It was just Mario 64 on different planets. I hope they up the difficulty a little more and make the levels more unique.

Also they have a lot of demos this year...

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I was hoping to see Geno :(. LOL. And no zelda game makes me sad. But the metroid announcement and super mario galaxy 2 were great.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Super mario Bros wii will be on par with SMG2 and Metroid other M is it has online co-op

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
There's something wrong with the fanbase if they are actually complaining after the Nintendo conference. That was probably the best conference they've ever had in the history of E3.

That's just how it goes. Lots of uninteresting announcements but two or three games that are so exciting, they make up for the dull parts.
ok, its the best conference they've ever had in the history of E3, but that doesnt mean anything whatsoever, since they're previous conferences WERE SO ****EN ****TY. Not bad, but far from being considered good, let alone great

I do like Mario and Luigi and Golden sun DS. Im not the only one here am I?

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
ok, its the best conference they've ever had in the history of E3, but that doesnt mean anything whatsoever, since they're previous conferences WERE SO ****EN ****TY. Not bad, but far from being considered good, let alone great

I do like Mario and Luigi and Golden sun DS. Im not the only one here am I?
I've been watching M&L RPG3 since the Japan trailer was released. I'm gonna have to buy a DSi after these new RPG releases.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid were great, but Nintendo also put some cool looking games out as well.

Here's my list:

Metroid Other M
Mario Galaxy 2
COP (why did Ubisoft not announce this?)
Golden Sun
New Super Mario Bros Wii
The Conduit (already announced, but whatever)

Anyone else expecting Reggie to come out and be like: "Long ago a series moved away fomr Nintendo, now it returns!" And Kojima to come out. And Reggie's like: "Kojima-san, I'm so glad Solid Snake is coming to Wii." "But Reggie, I never said anything about Solid Snake, or Raiden, or Meryl. Wii get Drebin Racing game."

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
LET TALK ABOUT SOMEHTING 10 YEARS OLD

If they announce new PS2 games I'm gonna sell my sony equipment.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Even though I hate sony, I like how this guy seems alot more real than what I saw from the ubisoft and nintendo conferences, i.e. making jokes about leaks

Well that one guy from ubisoft was pretty cool, when he said he doesnt wanna pay 20 dollars for some rubber bands XD

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
When they said they were bringing back a new RPG series, I was wondering what they were going to show. I thought it was going to be some kind of SMRPG update, but I should've known it would be a new Golden Sun game. And to tell the truth, I didn't thik I would be this stoked after Nintendo's showing!! :cool:

GSDS has to be the showstopper for me this E3. I honestly didn't think we would get a sequel, but never have I been so glad to be wrong! Once again I'll be able to summon mighty goddesses to crush my monsters!!! Now the only thing is, I have to finish GS:TLA! >_>

I was also interested in the New Super Mario Bros. for Wii. Everything else for me, however, was meh.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
never played the first uncharted but i guess it seems ok. but its another gun game

yea sony DID NOT WIN.

oollllooollloolloollllll

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
That was an awesome way to demo it - putting 256 people in a game and showing it in action. Nicely done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom