• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dont get da kid started (boss)

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
This is what I mean by complaining. Maybe you haven't noticed, smash boards is meant for COMPETITIVE SMASH BROTHERS. Consistency is best for competition's sake. This is why we get rid of bull**** like items and bad stages.
Are you aware that the purpose of a forum is to have discussions? Why are you even posting? Everything you have to say has already been said by other members on the board.

1. If you don't play competitive smash why are you on smash boards?
For the thoughtful discussions and friendly community.

Wait, no...that's not it. I'm here to drive hardcore elite gamer teenagers like you nuts.

2. If you don't play competitive smash why do you complain about high tiers when anyone can beat anyone due to bull****
This...wasn't quite a properly formed question. I think what you're trying to ask is why I complain (which I don't) about high tiers when I don't play competitively. The answer is that I play at a higher level than half of the people here, as do my friends. The lack of balance is apparent when we play, so we generally stay away from very high tier characters, and avoid lameness like infinites and ledgestalling. We'd like to be able to use ALL the characters without having some kind of crazy advantage or disadvantage, because we enjoy the challenge of playing against each other.

3. If you don't play competitive smash why do you keep enforcing balanced brawl?
You just answered your own question.

Seriously, though. Enjoy your dead-*** split in half community. You guys are doing great. So respected by other competitive gaming communities, too. The hardcore smash bros forum, lol.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
There are sections of the boards for those who do not enjoy the competitive aspect of Brawl to post in. A question-and-answer thread for competitive Mario play in Brawl is not part of those sections. If you don't intend to add anything to the conversation other than trolling those who play competitive Brawl, then please refrain from posting here.

Thanks.

NNID
LilG912
Sleek, you say you play @ a higher level and you're better than some Marios, how come I don't see any videos of you in tournies unless u're obviously trolling which I'm thinking anyways lol..

lol ikr kanzaki

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Man, and here I thought the Mario boards would be the last place I see some butthurt.

Can we go back to talking about how to make a bad character work decently in this competitive environment? Thanks ahead of time.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Honestly I don't see anyone being butthurt besides a nameless troll. Everywhere else seems perfectly fine.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Man, and here I thought the Mario boards would be the last place I see some butthurt.

Can we go back to talking about how to make a bad character work decently in this competitive environment? Thanks ahead of time.
Sorry about the butthurt, it's a side effect of me writing kick *** posts. So, back on topic...how about that Balanced Brawl?

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Sorry about the butthurt, it's a side effect of me writing kick *** posts. So, back on topic...how about that Balanced Brawl?
You're welcome for entertaining you. I wouldn't call your posts kick *** but it's not me to judge. But yeah about Balanced Brawl. It's highly unlikely it will be used in tourney but it doesn't matter to you.

SKidd

Smash Master
Vanilla Brawl is used in tournaments while Balanced Brawl is rarely a side event(From what I've seen).

Lol.

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
-Hey, hey, what´s happening here? ...everyone, go to training mode and continue with the "Do and do not the Mario" ...ir w4nt sum muthahellz bufferings frum uvery1 raight nao *mad but cool face* ...-

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Pit's really gay on the ledge, there's almost nothing you can do to him when hes over there.
Be careful of his mirror, it can reflect you and your projectiles, its kinda like our cape. And unlike our cape, the mirror refreshes the projectiles and makes them stronger. He can curve his arrow down towards our feet at the very last moment so that if we cape them, they'll just fly straight into the ground and cancel themselves.
I think he also has a chaingrab on us that leads into a fsmash.

Also, save your jumps when he hits you offstage because he'll probably try to cancel them with his arrows. We can do the same to him with our fireballs, and if we knock him out of his up'b, he won't be able to use it again until he lands.

Oh yeah, and his fsmash will probably be stale as hell.

2fast

Smash Journeyman
I've battled Luckay quite a bit and always counterpick Pit to a stage that he can't fly under to recover.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
@ Jux: I think cape strengthens projectiles too, if I'm not mistaken.

Pit's tricky...he shares a lot of our strengths (Good grab and combo game. Midweight. Decent kill power. Projectile AND reflector to deter and return camping attempts.) but has his own share of vulnerabilities.

While being combo'd aerially, he lacks a reliable combo breaker. He has unsafe options to break combos, but they're all easily punishable if you read it.

Contrary to popular belief, Pit lacks range on most of his attacks. He wins vs Mario only due to his disjoints, but Mario can legitimately compete with his range using Bair and tilts. Don't be afraid to zone with these tools.

Other than that, there's not much special about this match-up. His Utilt is frame two, spaced fsmash and cape beat angel ring, he absolutely HATES being fireballed offstage, he dies at about the same percentages that Mario does. Even match-up imo.

And Pit benefits much more than we do from stage CPs. As 2Fast said, pick a stage he can't fly beneath.

2fast

Smash Journeyman
Also, I forgot to mention, always...ban...RC. I learned this the hard way. If for some odd reason you don't feel like banning RC, than ban Lylat.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
His up-tilt is pretty dangerous, but it has HORRIBLE range. You almost have to be in Rest range for him to be able to hit you with all 3 hits.

His reflect is pretty laggy, and i'd say it's pretty risky to use against fireballs all the time, but he can still get rid of them with his wind cancel.

I can see Pit CPing Delfino, because he can plank there pretty well, shoot you from under the stage with arrows and shark you.

Something that you might want to remember is that Pit only has 4 jumps, one less than MK.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I've battled Luckay quite a bit and always counterpick Pit to a stage that he can't fly under to recover.
This

I can see Pit CPing Delfino, because he can plank there pretty well, shoot you from under the stage with arrows and shark you.
This or Halberd if RC is banned. Lylat is a good choice too.

Decent cps against pit are castle siege and yoshi's
Yup

Pit's really gay on the ledge, there's almost nothing you can do to him when hes over there.
Be careful of his mirror, it can reflect you and your projectiles, its kinda like our cape. And unlike our cape, the mirror refreshes the projectiles and makes them stronger. He can curve his arrow down towards our feet at the very last moment so that if we cape them, they'll just fly straight into the ground and cancel themselves.
I think he also has a chaingrab on us that leads into a fsmash.

Also, save your jumps when he hits you offstage because he'll probably try to cancel them with his arrows. We can do the same to him with our fireballs, and if we knock him out of his up'b, he won't be able to use it again until he lands.

Oh yeah, and his fsmash will probably be stale as hell.
This except the last part.

I would like to see Flameleon vs Luckey (chew)
Who? :cool:

Matt07

Smash Master
I can still lean in an even match-up, but I can also see -1 as well, for the same reasons as Matador. Fun match-up, but Banana's are really annoying to deal with (obviously), and he can use them better then us which is why I always throw them off stage.

Edit: I find Side-B really annoying to deal with :/, lol.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
It's pretty much -1 (55:45 Diddy). Mario has to move, and always move, barely stay in one place, constantly poke and limit Diddy's stage control. JCT and RJCT bananas to use naners to your advantage.

Diddy doesn't roflstomp Mario because he has the statistical advantage over Diddy (better spacing, aerials come out faster) and due to Cape and Fireballs he can limit Diddy's stage control, but Diddy is a helluva lot more fluid.

SKidd

Smash Master
En.Ee.Oh, you might have the best signature ever.

And yeah,
55:45 Diddy. I really love playing that matchup.

Top Bottom