• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dont get da kid started (boss)

Omari

Smash Journeyman
@Boss: Can you create some random hype on this thread? What's stopping you from doing so?

Okay **** that, seriously? Which plumber do you enjoy playing more (fun)? Honestly, Luigi has been more fun for me than Mario the last few weeks but shhh...................don't tell anyone (whispers).

SKidd

Smash Master
Mario is the most enjoyable for me.

Mainly because I can't really play Luigi...

Which is mainly because I don't know how to use fireballs with him.

Why do they have to go straight? So annoying =\

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Luigi isn't fun to play for me ... how can you approach with that guy? He has no aerial mobility for aerial cross-ups, mediocre dash for grounded cross-ups and if somebody hits your shield you have to start all over again. Apparently Luigi is good when you "get in" but idk how you do that to begin with.

:059:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Luigi's not my kind of character. Not really sure how to explain it, but yeah, he feels strange to me, and most importantly I don't enjoy playing him like I do Mario.

TBH though, Mario and Ganon are two of the characters I enjoy playing the most in this game.

Omari

Smash Journeyman
@Gheb: To get in any character's personal space (comfort zone), bait (since most of Luigi's airs are fast, you can air to condition your opponent(s) to think they can punish you), manipulate (with fire balls (mainly intending for them to react to it & not so much depending on it to hit)), Force your way in (Smart-Aggro Luigi (going Boss status mainly)), Luigi Tornado for shield pressure (& better positioning), etc. Like I said, I love challenges & approaching with Luigi is one of them (although staying within your opponent(s) personal space isn't).

@Fromundaman: :mario2: & :ganondorf: are my favorites. :luigi2: & :falcon: (Captain Douglas Jay Falcon) aren't too far behind. Life's funny how they are intended to be clones...:oneeye:

boss8

Smash Hero
Boss

Where's all your videos? And I mean the modern ones, not the old ones.

Also dair = anti-grab.

***** ICs, they of course seldom know the MUs.

And one last thing, what are my keys in spacing and stage control?
i mean i RARELY get recorded so eh =/

stage control and spacing-as omari said earlier for stage control sometimes i jus use some mario shenanigans while spacing all my moves at the same time......i normally do alot of...

-empty jumps
-stalling aerials (mindgames xD)
-fireball sparingly
-i also abuse marios buttery smoothness cause mario sexy like dat xD
-have fun

though im still pretty content what u mean by stage control xD

What do you do usually against D3's. I tend to get shield grabbed outta my dair.
Honestly man. I dnt use mario in this matchup i use luigi.....but ill still give u my 2 cents

PROS
-huge target
-his weight makes it easy to combo
-he is semi easy to gimp
-we are faster then he is

CONS
-He can stay in the game with grabs/CG's
-he is heavy as **** so killing D3 is a mission
-inhale shenanigans
-he has 5 jumps i think? so edgeguarding for him isnt that bad...

Mainly i like to do rising dairs just on his shield,but high enough to the point he cant grab me or punish me with anything OOS.....bair fakeouts also annoy D3 players xD

@Boss: Can you create some random hype on this thread? What's stopping you from doing so?

Okay **** that, seriously? Which plumber do you enjoy playing more (fun)? Honestly, Luigi has been more fun for me than Mario the last few weeks but shhh...................don't tell anyone (whispers).
Random hype? idk brah xD

-i honestly enjoy playing mario more then Weegee....

Boss tell me soon if you need my card for pound 5
already REG =]....but thanks for the help :)

snorlaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

room hopping again for pound 5?

owordup?
YOU ALREADY KNOW.....

sry for double post =/

Omari

Smash Journeyman
i woulda chilled wit u more inferno =[

and no omari actually playing the game xD bout to answer these questions though...
Hey man, I'm attempting to generate some random hype & you did say ask a stupid question get a stupid answer. The Mario Bros. mains should (IMO) find (plan) a chill spot & get happy, hungry & sleepy (;)). Not mah fault brah if you wanna answer my questions (but you know they're good ones).

Omari

Smash Journeyman
tru tru...i mean we are liek what? 5 min drive from my house xD
Hold on, what? (Boss mind-games...) psh ***** we goin', **** that. 10upB's

Smasher2Smasher(Seriously): Can you house three (maybe four people-Hippie possibly included)? We cool either way it's just the room prices be crazy...

SKidd

Smash Master
Man, **** you guys. Pound is too far away from West Coast Canada :(

Edit: Any tips for controlling my emotions during a match? Hard question but it's one of my biggest problems atm... I get mad when I **** up or lose to someone low tier or I think I should be beating.

Edit 2: Anyone notice how this is basically the new Q&A thread? xD

Omari

Smash Journeyman
Man, **** you guys. Pound is too far away from West Coast Canada :(

Edit: Any tips for controlling my emotions during a match? Hard question but it's one of my biggest problems atm... I get mad when I **** up or lose to someone low tier or I think I should be beating.

Edit 2: Anyone notice how this is basically the new Q&A thread? xD
Salt. NP man, there will be more tournaments in the future like Genesis 2.

1. Have fun. Don't think about winning or losing (think about having fun (playing the MU) & enjoying yourself). Personally, I find that when you are concerned with what the smash community will think about you (other people's opinion(s)), you'll be more likely to fail the task at hand (having fun at brawl) due to your fear of thoughts. Tune out your surroundings (hype crowds included) & zone in on your opponent(s).

2. Yep, that's why Boss created it. Thanks for the question(s)!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
can mario do anything super technical // hard

(im really bored)

can mario go under SV ._.
LEGIT Jab canceling with Mario is difficult. One of the few techniques in the game that requires real hit confirmation skills. Being able to recognize the spacing at which Jab2 will sweetspot, and then linking into D-smash or F-tilt requires you to be pretty legit at hit confirmation.

I don't feel that individually anything else Mario has actually is hard to do, but using Mario effectively does require you to know a decent number of fundamental as well as character specific ATs. You also have to be on point with specific move application knowledge to compensate for the fact Mario does low average damage per hit.

The Nutz of Norcal Deez

Smash Apprentice
so boss, i've been playing sky's new diddy kong and it is ****, his new AT to kill @ early percents is legit, i wont say what it is, but how do you feel this match-up is? TC1 & i believe it to be very close 55-45 diddy. We got tools but that damn monkey is too damn fast for us. any tips on fighting diddy kongs?

SKidd

Smash Master
Salt. NP man, there will be more tournaments in the future like Genesis 2.

1. Have fun. Don't think about winning or losing (think about having fun (playing the MU) & enjoying yourself). Personally, I find that when you are concerned with what the smash community will think about you (other people's opinion(s)), you'll be more likely to fail the task at hand (having fun at brawl) due to your fear of thoughts. Tune out your surroundings (hype crowds included) & zone in on your opponent(s).

2. Yep, that's why Boss created it. Thanks for the question(s)!
Lolll, thanks =D

can mario do anything super technical // hard

(im really bored)

can mario go under SV ._.
May I redirect you to the Melee boards?

Also, do you guys ever up b off the edge to recover(Hitting the edgeguarder)? It has quite a big hitbox.

Omari

Smash Journeyman
@Orion: Mario can't under the stage on Smash Ville (SV), Battle Field (BF) because I've attempted every approach but he can on Frigate (FG on the first form from right2left & from left2right only when the moving platform is at it's lowest) which is very useful for him not getting gimped.

How?:
1. F.L.U.D.D. (hold down to cancel fast falling (diagonal+down in the direction that you'd like to go) )>mid air jump>Cape (save Cape to prevent edge hog attempts)>Super Jump Punch (SJP).
2. Switch MAJ with Cape.

Two ATs (off the top of my head) that's very difficult to do is Infinite Jump & F.L.U.D.D. Hopping (Breaking).

Infinite Jumping is extremely useful at ledges (mainly to prevent RCO lag) when your opponent(s) are close, you can d-air (IMO a safe option that beats the majority of what your opponent can do)>Infinite Jump>Up Air (u-air) string (don't limit yourself)>anything.

Difficultly Rating: :mario2::mario2::mario2::mario2::mario2:s out of 5.

F.L.U.D.D. Hopping (Breaking) can be used for baiting (or flashy depending how you use it) your opponent(s).

Difficultly Rating: :mario2::mario2::mario2::mario2:&A1/2s out of 5.

Top Bottom