• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dont get da kid started (boss)

boss8

Smash Hero

Omari

Smash Journeyman
@Calebyte: Thanks. Honestly, I'm not here to take anyone's position. I'm here to have fun (what most people tend to forget while brawling...even me sometimes), learn, improve & teach how I utilize Mario (remaining roster as well). Anyone may read my post (replies) during their spare time. I'll do my best to make my posts short, simple & strong.

@Inferno: Mario crew battle, Mario dittos (Wii-tard-did), Mario all brawl (fun as hell), Pound 5 Mario reps all day everyday. IMO, this board needs more hype. Get that hype, then it'll need more Mario hype. Get Mario hype, then it'll need more of that 2011 boody raep. Get that new 11 booty ****...repeat process...

@Coolwhip: Appreciate your support & I'm not here to steal anyone's spot. BTW: *Omari bro fists Coolwhip.* ;)

@XeroXen: Understandable, I love to read & write though. Besides, I read your walls of text even before I actually joined SWF. :awesome: You cool peoples though so I understand.

@Jimmyfosho: Yep, you have some great setups since your Mario.
Just to name a few if you get banana control:
1. SH (over Diddy)>drop banana>Buffer grab (pivot)>Pummel (don't know unless near ledges)>whatever you want.
2. Empty jump>glide toss>whatever you want.
3. If they're more likely to roll away from you...camp to make them approach you>SH drop banana>run past Diddy & Charge Hyphen Up Smash>Whatever you want (pivot grab at low percents is safe).
Be creative with it brah.

@Boss: Mah *****...love dis kid (mad cool offline along with Famous).

@KirinBlaze (Special Guest): WhereU@bro?

@MP8: There are only false limits (thoughts) so don't limit yourself. True limits (character in their own) however? You're on your own.

@FlameLeon (Special Guest): Good **** with the 2009 boody raep. But...1?......WhereU@bro?

...no one likes to read these days......all about them videos...

MP8

Smash Journeyman
its creative...but idk if it will connect 100%
Yeah, I've connected a couple times but its definitely not guarenteed.

Omari;12071219@[I said:
MP8[/I]: There are only false limits (thoughts) so don't limit yourself. True limits (character in their own) however? You're on your own.
Does this pertain to what I was saying before about the character issue or the more recent question? Whatever it is, I see what you mean. I agree and thanks.

Omari

Smash Journeyman
Does this pertain to what I was saying before about the character issue or the more recent question? Whatever it is, I see what you mean. I agree and thanks.
Both. Only your thoughts are limited; what you may think is limited, actually isn't. Apply this concept to brawl. You asked if d-throw>u-tilt>walk away>Shutter Step Front Smash works, correct? IMO, that's a good bait but you have to ask yourself, how many options does that cover? Sort of like boxing. Most pros attempt to feint (one of many tactics) their opponent(s) just like Boss was talking about (fake-outs). You throw a right (not intending for it to hit)>they block with their left (thus leaving their right side unprotected)>you come back cover all of their options (right & left hook). NP, you're very welcome.

I'm the best mario in the US right now.
lol? You remind me of when I first met Boss at MLG...good times Boss, good times...

Dude (Boss) sees me with Mario gear on & is immediately like, "I'm, the best Mario!". I'm like, "...okay...". I didn't even say **** but the experience was funny as hell. Obviously, you want someone to follow you up bro but you cool peoples...so its alright. As far as I'm concerned (like I previously stated), I'm not here to steal anyone's spot. Here to have fun, learn, improve & teach. Besides, being the best (or worst) is an opinion. Glad to see you're confident (or maybe over-confident=cocky) bro... but good ****.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
So what are the pros & cons on playing against sheik? I know a sheik player that's legit imo.

vato_break

Smash Master
Both will be playing a poke game but, mario overall has better mixups and kill a lot easier, from my knowledge anyway. Avoid needles, avoid needles, avoid needles! They do so much more damage than they should, don't get hit by these avod them at all costs. Don't go for anything fancy or for any aerial combos, sheiks aerials have low start up so she can break throw combo chains. Though if you manage to get sheik above you theres not much she can do, other than dair/nair whish you can both punish. I don't know this matchup too well but, i think a2z does so he can add some input.

vato_break

Smash Master
Godric is good and zork is good too but other than that i didn't beat anyone else that good with mario. i beat anuar with mk though(he beat X in twice in tournament prior to WGF)

Calebyte

Smash Lord
How do I fake my opponent out so I can land a kill move? What's the best way to keep the pressure on when your opponent is off stage?

MP8

Smash Journeyman
Both. Only your thoughts are limited; what you may think is limited, actually isn't. Apply this concept to brawl. You asked if d-throw>u-tilt>walk away>Shutter Step Front Smash works, correct? IMO, that's a good bait but you have to ask yourself, how many options does that cover? Sort of like boxing. Most pros attempt to feint (one of many tactics) their opponent(s) just like Boss was talking about (fake-outs). You throw a right (not intending for it to hit)>they block with their left (thus leaving their right side unprotected)>you come back cover all of their options (right & left hook). NP, you're very welcome.
Thanks, good advice. I understand exactly. The limiting of one's mind will only give you certain options in situational conflicts. Or focusing on only one move and depending on it will leave you disappointed. With the mind expanded and all options in the clearing, you will be able to react to whatever the situation is. Like thinking the next pitch in baseball is going to be an up and inside fastball when you're not keeping the possibility of a change-up down and out open (sorry, baseball fan ;) ). It applies to brawl as well. The only thing, I wouldn't expect an up-tilt to come after a d-throw (even though its possible in low percentages). What I meant was either a down-throw or up-tilt followed by the rest. But you get the concept, good stuff Omari.

Famous

Smash Champion
I'm the best mario in the US right now.
I'll be back to knock everyone back down a few inches...Your heads are getting to far into the clouds...

Pounds 5 will be my last national I go to...I'll be accepting any and all MM$...Don't expect me to drop any games just because I'm retired either...

Omari

Smash Journeyman
why would i go mario in bad matchups? thats just asking to lose!
Why would you main Mario to begin with? You obviously brawl for pride (previously) until you discovered that the prize outweighs your pride (explains your use of MK). Not saying that you aren't a boody-raepin' Mario (stands for skill in general as well) because that's beyond false...I'm saying if you going to spit game, be about it. Don't talk about your Mario being an opinion (the best) then rarely use him. ****, when I'm playing my worst MUs I still go Mario (even though I sub the remaining roster) no matter what the favor (odds) is against me. Brawled M2K at KTAR4 & managed to take stocks off of him as Mario (which is a milestone in it's own...). Although he three stocked me one game with 9% remaining. :urg:...I'm going to keep learning though...I love the brawl community. :awesome:

How do I fake my opponent out so I can land a kill move? What's the best way to keep the pressure on when your opponent is off stage?
In terms of faking-out your opponent(s), there are details in my previous posts (replies) in this thread. Basically, you bait a whiff.

In terms of keeping the pressure on your opponent(s) offstage? Follow them. Don't go agrro...Mario gets ****ed up. Example: We all know Mario doesn't have more jumps (EVEN THOUGH HE's A ****ING JUMP-MAN, but still...Nor does he jump HIGHER...but sill...he's Mario & we love him) then what he's given, right? One of my tactics (Concept stolen from Will) for applying pressure is to full hop (or short hop depending on the situation) offstage, cape (to save your mid air jump & follow them.
Tools at your disposal:
1. B-air (Spacing)
2. U-air (keeping opponent(s) in the air (mainly if they attempt to recover above you) & don't forget you still have your mid air jump)
3. Cape (best punish (IMO) for up special stupidity)
4. Fire Ball (gimping tool used for destroying jumps (&/or up specials (recoveries)) of your opponent(s))
5. N-air (Not only gimping but countering reckless attempts to recover) Example: Falco's Phantasm.
6. Reckless F-air (yo...this move is mad good...stop hatin'...okay okay its bad but still...mad good for catching your opponent(s) off guard)
These are just a few...

I'll be back to knock everyone back down a few inches...Your heads are getting to far into the clouds...

Pounds 5 will be my last national I go to...I'll be accepting any and all MM$...Don't expect me to drop any games just because I'm retired either...
Why are you retiring anyway? You're mad cool *****, wtf? iSalty... Pound 5 MM anyone? Time to take mah ******'s moneys:bee:

@MP8: Don't be sorry that you like Baseball, its natural. Be happy that you're learning new **** my dude.

vato_break

Smash Master
wall of text :]

and mario is just my secondary! though i do like to use him, i like winning money a lot more. i live in SoCal(best region in the world) so its hard to win money all the time -_-

Omari

Smash Journeyman
wall of text :]

and mario is just my secondary! though i do like to use him, i like winning money a lot more. i live in SoCal(best region in the world) so its hard to win money all the time -_-
But you love my walls of text though (:awesome:), you know its true & so does the other members. (Otherwise, you wouldn't comment. ;))

I can respect that (much) Vato Break. So......am I going to see that 2012 boody-raepin' stats MK (or/& Mario) at Pound V? I'm tryna get my plumber(s) to dat 2012 boody-raepin' knahmean?

vato_break

Smash Master
Well i guess i really can't say anything since all major CA players haven't play all the newyork and new jersey players(2 states in one? Cali and vegas should be one region then?!)

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Yeah...md/va has one pr.

You guys should combine yours too!
We did. Then Mic_128 had to be a fun sucker and lock the thread saying "this thread should be used to discuss Power Rankings only." Really gay I know. The next PR rankings though will be NJ/NY combined (wherever thats gonna be posted).

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
How much would you need to use Mario in tourney? Lmfao...

"Dam, gotta fight a Link player..."

*Goes MK*

"Dam, it's dubz..."

*Goes MK*

Good ****! :awesome:

Top Bottom