• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dont get da kid started (boss)

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
ight have fun....

i played m2k and lost in 45 seconds xD

(na jk)

still maddddddddd hard to approach..
haha. I know i'll lose that fast against him. I was trying to make inferno feel & talk like
a man for once. xD

j/k inferno. Yes boss, it's hella hard to approach mk. I just spam fireballz. It's my only chance of winning. xD
imo...The key to winning against mk is......godlike spacing. Cuz pro mk's go hard on marios....with no rubbers.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
haha. I know i'll lose that fast against him. I was trying to make inferno feel & talk like
a man for once. xD

j/k inferno. Yes boss, it's hella hard to approach mk. I just spam fireballz. It's my only chance of winning. xD
imo...The key to winning against mk is......godlike spacing. Cuz pro mk's go hard on marios....with no rubbers.
Lol it's cool. I just need to get better and step up my confidence again. Btw, I was there when I saw Anti play Nairo with Mario. That was actually the same day Nairo destroyed me lol. His Mario is mad cute.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I don't even think good spacing works vs MK...

He doesn't have to respect anything Mario does...he can play aggro and get away with it for the most part.

:phone:

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
I like taking Meta knight to Final Destination

actually every character

thats one of my big flaws

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Metaknight I'm thinking actually might be barely winnable for Mario if you simply find a way to edgeguard him effectively. Which I think is not that unrealistic to be honest. We have fireballs. Ledgedropping is still powerful in this game. Use those two correctly, Metaknight doesn't seem nearly so untouchable offstage.

Still horrible for Mario, just we definitely haven't really explored edgeguarding him, and given how light he is, it's something that definitely can be really rewarding against him.

Mario mostly can tank MK's hits that are not named F-smash, and if you always DI correctly, it's pretty much always possible to get back to the stage safely if you simply know what he wants to go for. Now if we consider for a moment that edgeguarding him is a source of damage and potential KOs, beating MK isn't totally unrealistic.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I was talking to 2Fast about that at P5.

I took a match off a pretty good MK in MD/VA in tourney due to purely lucky gimps. The way the match started, it looked like I was gonna 3 stock him.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Like, if more Mario users prove that MK can in fact be edgeguarded, the matchup will merely be about as stupid as Falco and DDD. You have to outplay them offstage to win imo.

I also strongly believe that Marth is not nearly as brutal for Mario as people like Pierce have been suggesting. Marth actually has good physics for being juggled and Jab canceled, and his recovery is linear enough that I'm convinced that if we abused ledgedropping better, he'd be complaining about how bad his recovery is.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I know Boss and Famous both have little issue with Marth, lol.

Only Neo that's ever given me issue is Marth...

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I really want to play Pierce sometime, since I'm dead convinced I do things that he hasn't thought of yet. Especially given the only Mario players he seems to have played are Inferno and boss.

I expect him to probably beat me convincingly. Just I think he underestimates the reward Mario is able to get when punishing Marth.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
We only have one marth player here in IL, i think. Hey, Let's get back on topic of this thread marry-o's.
Mario's metagame won't improve by talking about some silly stuff we've been doing for the past two dayz
now. xD

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
mikeHAZE, I'll MM you. Just host more E4J tournaments during the summer and I'll try to make one of them.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
My god. Marios still fear that mk. If i ever meet m2k inperson i'll play him. His mk vs. my mario..
tourney play. Just go hard against legit mk's....play smart as well.

Flame vs. mk

Anti (Mario) vs. Nairo (mk)
Lol. Man, you should have been around when he was in the midwest. From and I had so much trouble with him. Don't think I ever took a stock off of him with Mario while he was here.

Teaming with Mars was super fun last weekend, but I kinda effed up when we (my pika and his weegee) were playing Smash 64 and Clowsui on Brinstar (Marth/Ness). I read 64 going up and thundered and caught mars as well. We were pretty much up a stock at that point.

Lol. Facing a GnW/Wario (Today and Blue Rouge) team is super gay.

boss8

Smash Hero
around 8:41 anti coulda just caped nairo 3 times and he woulda died at 0 xD

around 10:53 was another fludd kill anti coulda had...

around 11:51 was another Fludd/cape kill woulda been GG =/

not to mention he did SD also....wompwomp...

but anti doesnt play mario anyways...overall a great display..

Inferno3044

Smash Master

I thought the same things as you right there but he did a lot better than I did against him so I can't argue. Also at least he didn't epically fail at a gimp like me XD.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip

I know anti doesn't play mario. But it was nice to see him play ok-ish with mario.
And i agree with everything you saw in that video. Anti could had 3stock nairo. xD

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Ok-ish? He did better than most of us could've done. Yes if he knew Mario better he could've won, but it's a very cute Mario. I was gonna MM his Mario and then I saw how good it was.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Mike, depends on my money situation since I graduate this quarter therefore no more paid internship :[

But sounds good to me :]

And while on that topic, I'm willing to bet A2Z won't make it out to any of the Elite 4 tournies as well >.>

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
A lot of people say Mario's easy...

I don't see how low-tier characters can be easy to play with. By definition, the order of difficulty goes from top to bottom on our tier list with high tiers being easiest.

I mean, take a look at Falco...and Wario ffs. He gets one of the safest, strongest, and fastest KO moves in the game for simply existing on the screen. No unsafe charging, or pseudo-bucket filling...nope. Kills Mario at the most obscene percentages while killing HIM is the biggest chore.

Oli is widely confirmed to be a ridiculously dumb character and MK definitely needs no intro...

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
@Mars: Wario really isn't hard to play against. I played quik's wario offline b4. Yeah, he beat me
but i was every close to winning that match. After that, he ditto me. I had to put him in his place. xD

MP8

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Matador. Mario, just like any other "low-tier", is hard to play with at a competitive level and succeed. He wouldn't be so "low" if he was easy to use. Imo.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
It's hella hard to win big tourneys w/mario. Advance moves, techs & metagame can take some time
to master imo.

:mario2: <---He's really god-tier, but no one kares.

Omari

Smash Journeyman
Mario's Learning Curve: Casually? Simple. Competitively? Difficult. Very. Honestly, this topic requires more depth if we're going to discuss different aspects for different characters' learning curves.

Anyone coming to KTAR5 next Saturday? Look for a big-*** Mario hat to find me.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Mario's Learning Curve: Casually? Simple. Competitively? Difficult. Very. Honestly, this topic requires more depth if we're going to discuss different aspects for different characters' learning curves.

Anyone coming to KTAR5 next Saturday? Look for a big-*** Mario hat to find me.
-That's what i've been trying to tell them Omari. xD-

So what is are "do's & don'ts" against lucario? (Fighting wise) *Ponders*

Top Bottom