• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dont get da kid started (boss)

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I decided a long time ago that I didn't really like Brawl that much...it can be really fun sometimes, but really frustrating competitively.

I also decided a long time ago, before Brawl released, that I would be a top Mario in this game. Still hanging on to that, despite Brawl's MANY many short-comings.

So yeah...it's not amazing. There are a lot of things wrong with this game. I just do my best to ignore it...
Yeah, pretty much why I play for fun and stay away from tournaments. Brawl is an incredibly fun game...with all the stages, and the items, and more than two people at a time. But when you try to make it competitive, well...I guess someone has to enjoy it.

And Mario will always be my main. I don't care how bad his matchups are. I can't promise that he won't have to share co-main if we get Isaac in the next one, though.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Why?

Just play Melee IMO. If you don't really wanna come back and play Mario there's no reason. I love Mario as a character, but there is almost no reason for me to play him competitively. (I still do in certain MU's though.)

:phone:

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Yeah, you should, boss.
Win big with mario in nationals & put those non mario believers down.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
should i come back for one more regional/national?

i was thinking apex 3 if not then ktar 6....

but maybe not either idk...
Yeah, you should, lol. You see how far Luigi dropped in the recent tier list?

People must've forgot how ur Luigi wrecks ****.

Mario too, lol.

:phone:

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Boss you should give Apex a shot. No Pound **** will happen. Also I wanna see you wreck. If you don't mind my advice, try using a little more bread and butter tactics. You make a lot of good reads, but you try to make a read when something as simple as a jab combo will do nicely. Although your reads is what makes you very fun to watch, it doesn't always work against good players and decent MKs.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
thanks inferno i kinda noticed that about my mario....i dnt have enough bread n butter....

im missing the simple things xD
When we played, I kept wondering why you wouldn't take 9% here with a jab combo, or 11% there with an extra bair when you had a spacing advantage. Granted, many of your reads paid off, but it might be better to save that as kind of a surprise for scoring KOs, and go for a more consistent-damage kind of playstyle otherwise.

I don't seem to remember you using FLUDD either. Yeah, it's crazy situational, but the way you know how to use usmash, it's hitlag could be just what you need to get an edge more often.

I still want to play you again. It would be nice to finally beat you before you totally quit.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'm back from laughing. I thought I should share.

xIblisx said:
Sleek Media said:
I can't decide if my favorite part was when you, a Fox main, tried to declare my forfeit over, not arguing against...actually, I don't even know what point you were trying to make. Something about recycling generic internet responses, I dunno. It was funny because you were so serious about it, and you looked ridiculous trying to be so pro at a game like Smash.

That, or the XeroXen guy totally losing it on everybody! Oh man...that was great. Not gonna lie, I think he has you beat. Overally, it was definitely one of my greatest successes on this forum. Thanks for that. Be sure to respond to Pt2!
Lol wait I got this.

Matador teach me how to censor :urg:

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Thanks for bringing down the quality of Boss' thread, Fox guy. I wish I could be as cool as you.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
No offense to all Mario mains. I respect all of you but this kid, trying to flex LOL.

This kid, looking like the emo kid in corner after getting last in the tourney yo. *****ing about the C-stick, tf? Well damn. Now I see where he gets his logic from.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Dang, Sleek Media was that kid that went to one tournament and got 9th out of 13 people.... and the round he won he got a bye.

My man Cstickmaster249

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
but the Cstick, it makes MK Low Tier and Items and FFA's should be tourney standard with a side of Balanced Brawl.

Top Bottom