• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Falco beat Sheik?

forward

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure he does. But this is coming from my experience from over 2 years ago. Has the Sheik metagame evolved that she now beats Falco?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I'm pretty sure he does. But this is coming from my experience from over 2 years ago. Has the Sheik metagame evolved that she now beats Falco?
I think it's even. Maybe a slight edge to Falco.

I thought the only thing that would stop Amsah from getting top 3 would be the NA falcos, and he blew that idea apart. I guess you can say it's the player more than the character, but I don't think Sheik has as bad of a matchup that I thought it was after Pound 4.

Her big shield and Shield DI helps her out a lot, as well as lasers not being as effective do to her crouch PS and her speed OOS. SH fair spam is like a shield pillar lol.

Bob Money

Smash Ace
I think so. But not by much.

1)Falco can crouch cancel almost as well as fox in this match up. Arguably better since he is heavier right?
2)Falco can continue combos on shiek on platforms pretty nasty nowadays if she looses a jump
3)Falco can "hide" under platforms and laser alot of air space.

Basically Falco ''should'' be the hardest character to grab.

I dunno though Falco is such a good character it's hard to argue against him really.

Back in the day Shiek used to have the advantage on platforms..it's changed now seeing as Falco can continue pressure and combos with them.

Shiek in reality has whatever the falco gives her, because shieks approach game is really alot of baiting and trying to take up space.

IMO though I think Shiek does better vs Falco than Fox and Marth. Call me crazy.

Shiek can/has
1) Probably the best back roll in the game. I know it sounds nooby, but it works most of the time for getting the **** out or just moving around sometimes.
2)Can punish mispaced lasers/movement with Dash dash attacks. (Marth can too but the hitbox is less forgiving.)
3)Shiek can needle, to keep falco "honest" with some approaches and waiting.
4)Ducking Lasers
5)Grabs should lead to a good 30-50 percent on Falco
6)Shieks jump speed is really fast (nair out of shield)
7)Shiek has a decent recovery vs Lasers and doesn't get punished as hard for landing on stage
8)Big Shield
9) Needles cover much of falcos recovery game.

Falco over shiek..but not by much.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Really, I don't think any character is completely unfriendly towards the falco matchup. I don't play any character and don't slightly like the falco matchup.
As falco I just camp my *** off and aproach with nair and whatnot, but as soon as I lose control i usually die. Most of the time I just get shield grabbed to tech chased to ledgeguarded. When falco combos sheik, she does get quite ***** though. If it's played effectively, then falco will win IMO

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
I think falco has this about a 55/45 against sheik. give or take some depending on how each of the palyers in the matchup perform. The lasers grant Falco a full court press and once he gets a pillar going its all over for sheik. Basically falcos camping game will win this everytime. Sheik has nothing on the dair at all so any appraoch from her can be stifled.

The only thing sheik has here are early needle to grab to bthrow gimps. and honestly thats about all she can do to obtain a for sure victory.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I don't think so, but Amsah and Overtriforce showed me Sheik can certainly keep up.

Amsah showed me a very effective method of pressuring Falco while Falco is on a platform(involves SH and DJ Bairs), and Overtriforce demonstrated a **** powershield game when approaching or being approached by Falco.

These two tactics(especially when used together) seem to greatly narrowed the gap that we thought was between Falco and Sheik in the matchup.

Final verdict? I'm not sure. I need more Sheik experience. If you put a gun to my head and made me choose, then I'd say Falco still wins, but not by much at all anymore.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
I'll go ahead and say something controversial, it's 55/45 in Sheiks favor..:embarrass

[edit]

Jesus Christ PP where did you get 11k posts from in that short amount of time...o_O

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I suck against Falco and he's probably my worst matchup, that's simply because I'm bad at punishing at the legde and bad at dealing with the lazers. Recently I've been practicing powershielding and it seems I'm getting better at it, though the last time I tried to use that in battle I failed -.- But anyways, what do you guys think about powershielding, is it all about natural reflexes or can it be learned?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I'll go ahead and say something controversial, it's 55/45 in Sheiks favor..:embarrass

[edit]

Jesus Christ PP where did you get 11k posts from in that short amount of time...o_O
I'll go ahead and say if you think it's 55/45 in Sheiks favor but could mess up what you do/approach the matchup if you shared your reasoning then it isn't really something that puts the matchup in Sheik's favor and is more of how you play than Sheik.

Else you wouldn't be afraid to spill since any information putting the matchup in favor isn't easily counterable.

Unless you mean ruining your image cause people will laugh in your face at your reasoning. Which to me would be awesomely funny.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
I'll go ahead and say if you think it's 55/45 in Sheiks favor but could mess up what you do/approach the matchup if you shared your reasoning then it isn't really something that puts the matchup in Sheik's favor and is more of how you play than Sheik.

Else you wouldn't be afraid to spill since any information putting the matchup in favor isn't easily counterable.
Dammit Arc, I was hoping no one noticed my excuse made absolutely no sense.
I'm simply too lazy to type.. :embarrass

SmashConnoisseur

Smash Rookie
Here are some things to think about.

Falco Cons: Falco doesn't have as good of a 1+up/b+up as sheik does.
Slow shooting
Pros: Easy to control
Heavy damage for shooting

Sheik Pros: Better retrieval
Changes to Zelda
Easy to control
Cons: Don't know whether it's a he or she :p

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
really? I'm surprised.

But who else did you play with at pound?
I played, PP, Zhu and Mango in friendlies, Zhu and some guy named Falcomist in the brackets..=] (Pretty much the noteworthy Falcos that were there..except Dehf or whatever his name is..)

And out of those 4 Mango was most definitely the hardest to fight..

Bob Money

Smash Ace
Yeah this matchup is very hard to call. I think though shiek can hold a lead vs falco better than any character(cept probably Puff and Peach). When shiek has a solid stock lead I think she wins this match up. It's very hard to hit/approach shiek when she doesn't have to tack on damage. Going after a shiek with a lead on the edge is something falco should hate to do vs good shieks. For Fox it's not as bad...to force a shine spike situation.

forward

Smash Champion
Sheiks are rare these days. The only reason that she may have the advantage is that Sheik players know the match up better than Falco players.

How many times will I jump into Nair OOS or approach her at the ledge before I learn how to fight her again? How many shine/Dair combos do I have to be slapped out of till I figure out the stun length?

I do think that, currently, Sheik beats Falco. As far as the match up goes, I think that her options are more known that Falco. If I keep playing that may change though ;)

Linguini

Smash Master
Sheiks are rare these days. The only reason that she may have the advantage is that Sheik players know the match up better than Falco players.

How many times will I jump into Nair OOS or approach her at the ledge before I learn how to fight her again? How many shine/Dair combos do I have to be slapped out of till I figure out the stun length?

I do think that, currently, Sheik beats Falco. As far as the match up goes, I think that her options are more known that Falco. If I keep playing that may change though ;)
wtf have you been, haven't seen you in like 3 years, get your *** out here to one of these big tournies sean breezy.we can smoke a j and play like back in the days

_kSo_

Smash Master
I honestly don't think lambchops would be better at that matchup than mango, even though he is really good with falco and really good at that matchup. Mango probably had to beat a lot of good sheiks on his way to being #1 in the world, and I don't think he did it all with puff.

Then again, who knows. Amsah doesn't think chops can do it 0_o

In my opinion, it's a fairly even matchup. Both characters can play defensively, even though falco can spam more. Thing is, it's less likely for sheik to make a mistake than falco. Near the edge, once sheik bthrows falco off or whatever, it's basically a stock.

unknown522

Some guy
I played, PP, Zhu and Mango in friendlies, Zhu and some guy named Falcomist in the brackets..=] (Pretty much the noteworthy Falcos that were there..except Dehf or whatever his name is..)

And out of those 4 Mango was most definitely the hardest to fight..
oh that's why. You played all the WC players (except PP, he's from the south).

But yeah, that's really good.

Top Bottom