• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Falco beat Sheik?

unknown522

Some guy
You failed to point out where Amsah was in the air more than he should be. You originally said that Zhu missed a lot of shine opportunities, but you only pointed out 3 times and in none of those situations is it clear that teh shine is the best option. You also pointed out 0 times where Zhu blocked a misspaced attack that could have been punished with shine as you originally said. All of his rolls are sound decisions. Using two matches from the same tournament against the same player to say that Zhu doesn't know the match up is unjustified. All that can be said from this set is that Zhu didn't play it well this time.
Jeez, now I'll have to go that in-depth and say exactly what I would've done in those situations. N1ggaz be lazy. Also, if you watch the first 5 seconds, he blocks at least 3 poorly spaced attacks and could've punished with many things easily, or just lasered so that the situation would've came up and he'd be at positional advantage. Amsah also jumps in place and f-airs a few times and didn't get n-air'd or lasered for it.

Anyways, maybe I should've phrased it better and said that there are a lot of poor decisions that are made, when there is obviously an easy answer to what they could've done.

Also, ftr I do play falco. He's a secondary. I just don't use him vs spacies often (well fox sometimes).

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure he does. But this is coming from my experience from over 2 years ago. Has the Sheik metagame evolved that she now beats Falco?
I don't think he does. The assumption that Sheik beats Falco IMO is due to Sheik not being developed enough in the USA to beat him. Sheik has actually got a lot going for her. Her range is annoying and a hit by Sheik on Falco at 30%+ can easily result in a stock lost for Falco (if Sheik knows how to combo, at least). Falco has definitely got a lot of stuff going for him too (lasers, speed, comboes to name a few) but IMO the match up is still on Sheik's side because she KOs Falco more easily than he does with Sheik (doesn't matter wheter it is by cheap kills or comboes). Things might be different in PAL because Sheik hasn't got her **** D-throw, but so far I've never been able to beat Amsah a single time in a tournament set. Still not an impossible match up, I agree with Amsah on 55:45 on Sheik's favor.

I played, PP, Zhu and Mango in friendlies, Zhu and some guy named Falcomist in the brackets..=] (Pretty much the noteworthy Falcos that were there..except Dehf or whatever his name is..)

And out of those 4 Mango was most definitely the hardest to fight..
How do they compare to me btw? I know Mango's better for sure, but how were the other 3?

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
^Hmm...I'm not really sure..
I think you're better against Sheik that's for sure, but overal it's hard to say, I didn't play them that much..=[

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Nihonjin says something like: Of some of the best Falcos in the world, Mango was most definitely the hardest to fight...
And Mango says something like: The better player will win, techskill and match up means little...
Sooo conclusion?

The better player wins, at lower levels AND higher levels.

Sound good?

Really though, for the most part, Shiek does have an easier time fighting Falco when she knows what she's doing. Falco has to play much safer and cautious. Meaning, because FALCO has to change what he's doing to win, Shiek in fact has the upper hand.

But not if Falco is a better player.
LOLOLOL

Seriously though...

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Really though, for the most part, Shiek does have an easier time fighting Falco when she knows what she's doing. Falco has to play much safer and cautious. Meaning, because FALCO has to change what he's doing to win, Shiek in fact has the upper hand.

i dont see falco having to change what he's doing at all.

he still has to laser a lot like every matchup and combo when he gets a hit. Nothing new at all.

the only slight difference in the sheik matchup is that you have to respect her sheild. But even then, she's no fox.

D

Deleted member

And Mango says something like: The better player will win, techskill and match up means little...
sounds like troll advice to me. tech skill obviously matters or sloppy players would still perform well.

I don't think falco beats sheik....but I do think falco's dair and lasers beat sheik. sheik can deal with the rest of his character fairly easily IMO.

D

Deleted member

sounds like more than a few other matchups for Falco :laugh:
definitely so, but I wasn't trying to be funny. sheik's strongest game is definitely to her sides, she has problems dropping down onto a character or being under a character with good aerial priority (less so than the prior). of the top/high tiers anyway, I think sheik has the hardest time with falco's dair.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
definitely so, but I wasn't trying to be funny. sheik's strongest game is definitely to her sides, she has problems dropping down onto a character or being under a character with good aerial priority (less so than the prior). of the top/high tiers anyway, I think sheik has the hardest time with falco's dair.
I wholeheartedly agree and mentioned something to that effect earlier in the thread, but people seem to think sheiks can find a way to trade with dair from below... I dunno, just sounds like misspacing to me.

D

Deleted member

I wholeheartedly agree and mentioned something to that effect earlier in the thread, but people seem to think sheiks can find a way to trade with dair from below... I dunno, just sounds like misspacing to me.
all I can think of is a fast upair at low % that trades right above the ground so she lands with no stun. I guess mid % into a tech would do it too but not with any reward unless falco doesn't DI the upair hit away. I dislike strategies that rely on opponents to be bad.

forward

Smash Champion
Up air is good as Falco is rising from his jump because he usually doesn't start the dair until the top of his jump or on his way down.

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
sounds like troll advice to me. tech skill obviously matters or sloppy players would still perform well.

I don't think falco beats sheik....but I do think falco's dair and lasers beat sheik. sheik can deal with the rest of his character fairly easily IMO.
To me it doesn't sound that much of a troll. You definitely shouldn't apply it to everything, like to sloppy players or match ups involving bottom tiers but if I remember right Mango used to **** many people as Falco even when he wasn't as technical as he is now.

Falco's lasers if used properly are indeed a problem for Sheik (although there have been occasions in which I actually saw Sheik outspamming Falco, mostly involving Nihonjin though).

Falco's dair works only in certain situations and if Sheik is airborne. If Sheik is on the ground she can back WD + grab, Nair oos, Short hop Fair in advance, punish it in just way too many ways mostly due to the Dair's poor horizontal range.

If in the air, provided that Falco is above Sheik, Dair will do. In the best case scenario Sheik can only manage to trade hits. If Falco isn't exactly above Sheik though spacing is somewhat possible. I catch Falco players off guard very often because of this.

It mostly comes down to how much the Sheik is good in seeing the Dair coming and how careful and sparing Falco is in using it. It's not that bad, but definitely not the trump card in this match up if you ask me.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
fair *****.

i once accidently combo'd upthrow into fair and landed all hits and it was ****.
should do it more often.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
comboing two weak bairs off stage into a shine on BF doesnt exist and never happened so no i dont remember sorry.

unknown522

Some guy
falco's d-air beats pretty much everything. Just throw it out randomly without aiming.

P.S. Falco loses to everyone. Lasers aren't that good

JPOBS

Smash Hero
beat if done before the dair hitbox is out i guess :/ but thats hardly beating a move

trade at best otherwise. get ***** at worst.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
You failed to point out where Amsah was in the air more than he should be. You originally said that Zhu missed a lot of shine opportunities, but you only pointed out 3 times and in none of those situations is it clear that teh shine is the best option. You also pointed out 0 times where Zhu blocked a misspaced attack that could have been punished with shine as you originally said. All of his rolls are sound decisions. Using two matches from the same tournament against the same player to say that Zhu doesn't know the match up is unjustified. All that can be said from this set is that Zhu didn't play it well this time.
I'm terrible against Sheik. Amsah can testify LOL.

I need Kira to play again / relearn the Sheik matchup. It used to be one of my favorite matchups but I think I kinda forgot how it worked. I kept getting punished for bad shield pressure / bad decisions when shield pressured... basically I really need to rework my approach. Ah well, I'll just hope I have all Falcons, Peaches, Puffs, and Foxes LOL.

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
True.

I think the game would be ******** if you could play entirely off of reactions.
I would prefer it this way. That's how I typically tech chase. I just don't get broken insane punishes off as often as if I were guessing.

unknown522

Some guy
I actually really respect him as a player. I think he's legitimately really good, but it's a shame he three stocks me LOL
aww.

Be gay with fox. It's the key to beating him. I haven't played Hbox in almost 2 years. I've wanted to play him far in a tourney so badly. I've got lots of things I want to try,

forward

Smash Champion

I need Kira to play again / relearn the Sheik matchup. It used to be one of my favorite matchups but I think I kinda forgot how it worked. I kept getting punished for bad shield pressure / bad decisions when shield pressured... basically I really need to rework my approach. Ah well, I'll just hope I have all Falcons, Peaches, Puffs, and Foxes LOL.
I've seen you play much better. I think that you simply weren't at the top of your game at Pound.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace

You're amazing zhu, but you have your on and off days.
I think it's the consistency. Some days you just ****, and some days you're like... why did i just lose?

Sheik is gay tho, u got johns.

Top Bottom