• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Falco beat Sheik?

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
Yeah i agree. Combo potential is about equal. Falco's favor.
Falco camps a little better?
Sheik has amazing gimps.
Tech chasing potential is about equal? sheiks favor i'd say.
So, 55/45 sounds right.

Kira-

Smash Champion
lol zhu thinks my training is actually good or something

like he said my marth practice helped him a lot for RoM 2 which is weird cause i dont have a marth.

my theory is that i know matchups cause i watch videos so i know what works but i cant actually adapt very well so i get figured out quickly

Yeah i agree. Combo potential is about equal. Falco's favor.
Falco camps a little better?
Sheik has amazing gimps.
Tech chasing potential is about equal? sheiks favor i'd say.
So, 55/45 sounds right.
that's not really how the game works lol

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
I think Sheik beats Falco now. Thanks Kira :(

No seriously. I think the only thing Falco has on over Sheik is adaptability and maybe a bit more ability in stage control.

(The good thing is that these are the two most important parts of the game imo, so even though I think Sheik>Falco on paper the matchup may be even.)

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
how do i get around sheiks nair oos? =[
Study when they like to do it and punish accordingly. If they do it before you come in then that is your bad. You could do slightly later down airs once pillaring, or cross up their shield. You could also try dair -> crouch cancel if they do it everytime, and shine them after you get hit. You can also laser grab their shield.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
yo Rapheal's forward Weak attack was broken in SC2. he just poked em in their face like 10 times with his little sword and no cool down.

I beat all my friends with it

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
yo Rapheal's forward Weak attack was broken in SC2. he just poked em in their face like 10 times with his little sword and no cool down.

It was good, except it lost to guard impacts, tech crouches, and sidesteps.

L2SC2

unknown522

Some guy

Raph is low tier in that game. Almost every girl makes up the tier list in SC2, along with cervi being top 3 and mitsurugi somewhere in the top 5 I'm pretty sure.

Link is debatable for worst character in the game with yunsung.

Xionghua is stupid and possibly the best character in the game. So pretty much the tier list is something like:

Necrid (banned)

X
Ivy
Cervi
Taki

sophitia
Mitsu
Cassandra
Yoshimitsu

Talim
Seung mina
Astaroth
Voldo

Raph
Nightmare
kilik
maxi
Yungsung

Apparently Spawn is ridiculous, and Hiachi is really good as well.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
LMFAO necrid was soooo broken. its funny looking back on it with no idea of the tier list at the time, i always thought to myself "this character is just NOT FAIR"

i can see cervi and i vy being top, but X i had no idea.
its funny cuz my 3 mains were maxi, kilik and rapheal at the time. lol low tier FTW.

anyway,uhh.. falco has dair so him > sheik...or something.. >_>

Animal

Smash Lord
back on topic, this matchup seems to be similar with marth v falcon. Not really actually haha but it seems like sheik ***** off stage nd falco ***** on.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
the difference is falco can't gimp sheik, he has to hit her far away and make her use her jump befor ehe can start ****** her.

sheik is just mean.

metashinryu

Smash Ace
i have to use falco vs sheiks when im serious about winning(but im dropping that ,it will be better to learn the matchup instead of having a counter)

but for real,sheik cant do much aside of gimpin you when lasering around and playing as gay as you can...

unknown522

Some guy
Wasn't the best SC2 player a Voldo player? I think his name was Ari or something.
I didn't know that. I thought it was some ivy player. (forgot the name).

Also, kira's post is correct, but I though shine-> grab didn't work vs the n-air unless the sheik is too slow and the falco is perfect....

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I didn't know that. I thought it was some ivy player. (forgot the name).

Also, kira's post is correct, but I though shine-> grab didn't work vs the n-air unless the sheik is too slow and the falco is perfect....
Falco's Shine gives +3 (10 for shield stun, but 5 gets eaten by hitlag, and 2 more get eaten by simply not being able to jump out on those frames).

So to figure out how much time Sheik has to do whatever against Falco's shine-grab, we have to figure out what the frame works out to be.

Shine advantage - Time to perform action = Time Sheik has to punish
3 - (1 JC + 7 Grab) = -5

So Sheik has 5 frames to punish.

Since Sheik's Nair has a frame 3 startup on a frame 4 jump (meaning she can do actions and is airborne on frame 4), the earliest she can get Nair out is frame 6.

So no, she can't.

Top Bottom