No shame in using high/top tiers. I love Doc, but if my Fox has a better chance of winning, why even put myself at a disadvantage?
I dont even think we NEED to discuss Marth. What more can we say? We have discussed him more than any other character and it comes down to this:
- Stay in your shield a lot because than he can only grab you, and his grab game against you isn't as bad as his spacing game.
- Pill spam sort of works if they allow it, so use it but don't rely on it to go aggressive.
- You can force Marth to approach you through pill spam, but at a certain point in time, you will need to approach into his sword range if you want to deal damage.
- Gea got it right, Ftilt is good, dash attack is very very good sparingly, and out of grabs you must punish as much as possible (at 0% try dthrow->usmash, at low-mid%'s try dthrow->dair and maybe you can follow up from there, and at higher%s after the 50's you can try to go for Uair juggles but it isn't guaranteed against him.
- Punish whiffed Fsmashs OOS with wd->dsmash ALWAYS.
- Dthrow -> fair is your best friend for KO's at around 90%.
- Mix up the way you recover because it is very easy for Marth to just casually jump out at you with a bair at any percent, and oops your dead.
- Edgeguarding him is actually pretty easy. Keep those invincibility frames as he recovers. Force him to Up B onto the stage, and Fsmash him back off (think of how to edgeguard Sheik). He's a big body frame, so smacking him up with a Bair or bob$ is much easier than it seems.
I need to run to class, so I might've rushed some of this and forgotten somethings.