• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doctor Mario Info Archive and Discussion. - Miniscule update 8D

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
so I don't really understand what happened in this thread, the doc boards used to be all happy go lucky!
except when arguing whether dtilt is a terrible move.

anyways how am i a punk/tool

otg

Smash Master
Desh, I just watched your combo vid. you had some good stuff in there but my favorite was easily the uair->reverse upB edgeguard against Falcon. That **** was hilarious.

anyways how am i a punk/tool
Seriously? You still want to talk about this? Hit me up on AIM, I ain't flooding Desh's thread with this BS and it's really not that big a deal in the first. Do you honestly care what I think? If I give you an answer this thread is just going to continue to be a big ****ing spamfest/flame fest, and frankly I don't have the time, energy or care to continue it.

Back on matchups, how long are we going to continue discussing Fox for?

Desh

Smash Ace
=D lmfao i wasnt even planning on it >_>
i was all like FFUUUCCCKKKK when i missed the grab DX

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Back on matchups, how long are we going to continue discussing Fox for?
I was under the impression that by the way desh is doing the thread, it's basically like "You spit knowledge, and i'll link to it on the first thread"

cause as soon as i get off my ***, ill probably say something about marth, since somebody wanted that.

Desh

Smash Ace
Yeah guys, swf isnt the greatest place to have this non sense D:

also, i think for the sake of how im organizing this, it would be easier for people to post informatively,
mainly because its easier to link a block of text containing intelligent/logical point of views,
opposed to like,
large multipost dicussions.
although, thats not to say we cant have discussions, and then have someone sum up the discussion into a large block of text.

but yeah dogy thats what i was going for,

also, saturday will be the last big tourny i go to as a doc main D:
i might not even go doc in the tourny lol =[
im *****'ing out and going fox/peach
because in all honesty theyre better than my doc atm LOL

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
hey, this aint the general thread!

but honestly, i've never faulted people for playing better characters and just playing characters they like whenever. That's the kinda thing that keeps some people around.

(thinks about himself and sc4)
.... **** why is she so terrible -walks off mumbling to himself-

Gea

Smash Master
Marth isn't so bad. Worst part is just the fact that a single mistake can be a stock for you, but he can make plenty without a whole stock lost each time.

I'm waaaay too lazy to post much more except ftilt is good, dash attack is good sparingly, and dthrow to fair = kill time. Also pillsppaaaaamamamamam

otg

Smash Master
No shame in using high/top tiers. I love Doc, but if my Fox has a better chance of winning, why even put myself at a disadvantage?

I dont even think we NEED to discuss Marth. What more can we say? We have discussed him more than any other character and it comes down to this:

- Stay in your shield a lot because than he can only grab you, and his grab game against you isn't as bad as his spacing game.
- Pill spam sort of works if they allow it, so use it but don't rely on it to go aggressive.
- You can force Marth to approach you through pill spam, but at a certain point in time, you will need to approach into his sword range if you want to deal damage.
- Gea got it right, Ftilt is good, dash attack is very very good sparingly, and out of grabs you must punish as much as possible (at 0% try dthrow->usmash, at low-mid%'s try dthrow->dair and maybe you can follow up from there, and at higher%s after the 50's you can try to go for Uair juggles but it isn't guaranteed against him.
- Punish whiffed Fsmashs OOS with wd->dsmash ALWAYS.
- Dthrow -> fair is your best friend for KO's at around 90%.
- Mix up the way you recover because it is very easy for Marth to just casually jump out at you with a bair at any percent, and oops your dead.
- Edgeguarding him is actually pretty easy. Keep those invincibility frames as he recovers. Force him to Up B onto the stage, and Fsmash him back off (think of how to edgeguard Sheik). He's a big body frame, so smacking him up with a Bair or bob$ is much easier than it seems.

I need to run to class, so I might've rushed some of this and forgotten somethings.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
i know i told you about punishing f.smash, and i guess i drilled it in too far about WD d.smash.

You can also punish with a grab, but the main point i wanted to get across was that you dont punish with a ****ing jab.

That's something I will take to the grave with me.

**EDIT**

I moved 8 posts outta here into the general discussion just to see how it works, and they're general talk.

Im not goin crazy or anything, just really seeing how stuff works.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
desh, I am not sure if you still update this. But there are ALOT more posts that I think should be cataloged in here. The doc boards are one of the only boards that have frequent, good discussion. So go through the general discussion thread and get some of those posts on here.

Desh

Smash Ace
yeah i still update it, i did about a week or 2 ago i think.
But yeah i'll put up all this stuff thats been talked about recently.
Is there something that i missed since my last edit you think should be there? o.o
i'll do it right away, if not i'll get to it hopefully before sunday XP
bussay weekend DX

Handles

Smash Cadet
Dr. Mario's Coat

Has anyone ever mentioned before about Dr. Mario's Coat or Mario's Cape that they can teleport Fox? I'm having problems finding in-depth info about this.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I know it's been mentioned with sheik time and time again, and I'd swear that it's been mentioned generically years ago. (Read: YEARS ago), I honestly cant remember.

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
Hey fellas

Have we done anything on the Doc vs. IC's matchup? I'm really curious about this, as I haven't been up against many talented IC's, and am about to run into a seriously scary one at a smashfest.

Anything you could point me to?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Hey fellas

Have we done anything on the Doc vs. IC's matchup? I'm really curious about this, as I haven't been up against many talented IC's, and am about to run into a seriously scary one at a smashfest.

Anything you could point me to?
wh o?

TresChikon

Smash Lord
but at a certain point in time, you will need to approach into his sword range if you want to deal damage.
As long as a single pill hits Marth and I'm still at zero, hell, I can wait 8 minutes.

Oh random question: Does anything feel FoD is kind of slippery or have I just been pill spamming too much?

DRD

Smash Lord
hey Fellas

Have We Done Anything On The Doc Vs. Ic's Matchup? I'm Really Curious About This, As I Haven't Been Up Against Many Talented Ic's, And Am About To Run Into A Seriously Scary One At A Smashfest.

Anything You Could Point Me To?
IS IT CHUDAT....?

I can't help you though

Desh

Smash Ace
I dont think we've ever discussed the IC's match up. At least not in great detail.
Bring it up in the general discussion thread, and if the info is worth saving it'll be put in here.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
um. I know for a fact i've talked about the ic matchup plenty of times in this forum.

Hell, I JUST ADDED A LIL MORE ABOUT IT IN MY POST FROM HERB2.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I printed all 103 pages. That means I don;t have to waste power everytime I read it. (except at night :[ ) Oh and you can't tlr;d it man. Its too long. xD You have to read it all to get it all in your brain.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
up and b reverse and QUICKLY hit the OPPOSITE DIAGNAL DIRECTION OF THE REVERSE, as if it was a SMASH attack... that fast, or a bit faster.

Like, up b to the left, so that would be left and up. opposite of that would be right and down. : D

or vice versa.

Also for some reason it's harder to do on platforms than the ground, LOL.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I actually do it a bit different:
assume doc is facing the viewer's right:

1. Reverse Up-B, with the analog stick at ~10:00
2. Move the analog stick down to ~ 6:30

mallu000

Smash Cadet
Dogy made a good post about that some time ago. All I remember is that you should never cross the neutral position in your analog something like this:
7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3

I if recall correctly u should move your stick from 9 to 1 without ever crossing 5. Correct me if I'm wrong.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^^it's not. I legit started playing mid-August (having not played since May or earlier), and I could still do it consistently. Just pick a way you can do it, and go from there XD

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
YES god yes it does. wtf up b owns ive been telling people to use it, and that its better than up b cancel in almost every way, for literally years

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Up B oos is one of docs best ways to relieve pressure, especially on stages w/ platforms. On stages w/o platforms, I like reverse Up B and Up B cancel.

Top Bottom