• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Dash attack does clink with a lot (maybe even all) of Marth's ground attacks, which would be a great way to get inside a Marth that doesn't know how to jump around. But Doc's dash attack has nothing on a Marth that jumps around with n-airs and f-airs all of the time.
Not if you make them land on it.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I wonder what kind of Falcos you play against. I feel like DaShizWiz and Lambchops are impossible for me to beat. Well, maybe that's a slight exxageration. But still, Falcos aren't supposed to be an "easy" matchup.
Everytime I've played chops in tourney, for better or for worse I've taken games off of him. Last tourney I went to I somehow put him in losers (**** wasnt easy, and it's not like I kept him there or anything).

But yeah, using Chops as an advocate for Falco vs Doc is ironic. Because he says "Ya, Doc? That's a falco-****** machine right there, it's just that nobody knows how to use him like that."

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Who the **** are you again? I've taken matches off of top ec players w/ Doc, wtf have you ever done?
Trolled you, lololol.

What players, though?

I've taken matches off top SW players (non-Texas, only Texas player I've played it Sethlon, and it was at AZ 1-2). Any non-CO, though, it was either with Fox, Peach, or Sheik. I just started playing Doc this year, and haven't gone OoS yet. =(

So yeah, just saying top EC/SW/WC/MW doesn't really tell either of us anything. =(

I wonder what kind of Falcos you play against. I feel like DaShizWiz and Lambchops are impossible for me to beat. Well, maybe that's a slight exxageration. But still, Falcos aren't supposed to be an "easy" matchup.
Yeah, I meant comparatively. I'd much rather fight a Falco than a Marth, Sheik, Fox, or CF. Peach is prolly the easiest out of the top 6, but Falco's right behind her. He's not mindnumbingly easy, but you can mess Falco up something fierce.

Best Falco I've fought is either Forward or Ferdi, depending on how much Forward's improved since we last played. He played me last @ OC3, though he did go Sheik instead. =( I think everyone's improved since then, amirite?

Dash attack does clink with a lot (maybe even all) of Marth's ground attacks, which would be a great way to get inside a Marth that doesn't know how to jump around. But Doc's dash attack has nothing on a Marth that jumps around with n-airs and f-airs all of the time.
Is true. Against Marths that stick to the air the entire time, I tend to WD in with a ftilt in between aerials. It's not much, but damage is damage, and it adds up. Or nair OoS, if their spacing is bad.

otg

Smash Master
Trolled you, lololol.

What players, though?

I've taken matches off top SW players (non-Texas, only Texas player I've played it Sethlon, and it was at AZ 1-2). Any non-CO, though, it was either with Fox, Peach, or Sheik. I just started playing Doc this year, and haven't gone OoS yet. =(

So yeah, just saying top EC/SW/WC/MW doesn't really tell either of us anything. =(
If you want to know you can PM me or IM me, I'm not going to name drop or anything cause I'm not like that.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Everytime I've played chops in tourney, for better or for worse I've taken games off of him. Last tourney I went to I somehow put him in losers (**** wasnt easy, and it's not like I kept him there or anything).

But yeah, using Chops as an advocate for Falco vs Doc is ironic. Because he says "Ya, Doc? That's a falco-****** machine right there, it's just that nobody knows how to use him like that."

That's pretty ****, How'd you manage that?! I got steamrolled when I played him like 5 months ago in some friendlies. Then again, it was before I learned to wavedash (WD) out of shield (OoS), Up-B OoS, or even simply jump OoS. But still, that's a tough Falco to put in Losers' bracket.

Shroomed

Smash Master
chops is hella fun to play

that freakin staircase of lasers is pretty annoying tho

hi doc boards! i havent been on here in a while

VGmasta

Smash Lord
chops is hella fun to play

that freakin staircase of lasers is pretty annoying tho

hi doc boards! i havent been on here in a while
Yeah, he ALWAYS staircases those lasers! But don't you love it when you mess up a Fox or Falco trying to edgeguard off stage while you're recovery with a pill and then stage spike them with Up-B before they can do anything else?! It's one of my favorite kill moves.

You haven't been on here in a while... well judging a avatar by its cover, you must be too busy with street fighter 4 to be on the Doc. boards.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
*looks at shroomed's avatar* ...... Are you really tryin to pick up Ken?

I mean, I cant talk since I main this wack ho,

and balrog (the shake'n'bake). Kinda lols how that combination happened.

But yeah, just random info, you should look into Dr. Chaos. Best Ken main in america. Then when you're ready to not get completely overwhelmed and ran-over like he did at SB4 last week, go check out Japanese Kens (I cant think of good *** kens off the tp of my head).

Ken isnt a BAD character by any stretch of the imagination (because SF4 is -laughs- BALANCED, something that will never exist on these forums), but he's got to put in a 9-5 to get some real work.

I could throw some knowledge at you if you want, but you need to

get at

them

kara throws

or you could go ask somebody in Empire Arcadia, especially after they demolished the everlasting **** out of west coast at Bar Fights 2. That **** was humiliating.

SAAAAAAAAANFORD!

____

Staircase of lasers. Oh man. Watchin people fall down that staircase is hilarious. Doc can kinda do the same thing, but it really only works on FFers. I'm thinkin bout looking to see if I have any vids of me doing it to Capfal up, cause that's the main character I get with it.

Fox and Falco fall into it too if you can catch them with a FH pill, because they'll drop into your ground pill range (if you're standing on the ledge) everybody else? -shakes head- na not really. :/

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Oh, SF4.
I only play Honda. And for good reason.
Last time I tried learning another character (Cammy), I broke my stick.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
does it make me a bad person if I play ryu in SF4?

seriously, if you play sheik in melee that makes you less of a person. I just needed to know if I have all my persona left

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
hands down is a rough thing to say

when youve obviously played mangos falco

i thought mangos was better

Shroomed

Smash Master
i played mango's falco

most ******** **** ever

he makes it literally impossible for me to recover, and when i say impossible i really mean IMPOSSIBLE

i turned and said,"Mango seriously, wtf can i do to get back." and he was like ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THATS THE POINT

and i was like, **** ur good *** plans and skill

i like KEN, he's cool

and i've seen a ton of dr. chaos vids

D

Deleted member

ken is too limited dont use him

said one doc main to another.

sigh. doc really can't recover if the opponent knows what theyre doing. it makes me sad. until i gimp someone.

HiIH

Smash Lord
That's when I started flaking in games I think. I used to be super active in Mafia games.... but not anymore. I haven't finished one in I don't know how long. = \

Or maybe I got NKed. That used to happen alot.

MaDWaK

Smash Journeyman
Ken isnt too bad in sf4 sctually. its just a matter of getting in. his bad matchups are chars. with a lot of defensive options like honda, blanka, sagat, or rog. ken is really good footsie range and has wakeup mixups for days due to his kara throws, ex tatsu, f.mk, d.mk and jab jab jab SRK combos. the only thing is his fireballs suck, it takes a lot of work to win due to his low damage, and his ultra is next to useless.

its all about dat C Viypa tho.

unknown522

Some guy
best matchups in sf4 ever:

- honda vs akuma
- sagat vs honda

- ryu vs any character other than sagat
- sagat dittos

- goken vs the cast before he got banned

Sagat's better than goken

unknown522

Some guy
gouken got banned since the game came out (not in Canada though until a few months ago). It's because of that back throw -> ultra crap and him being the only character that can parry. The parry out of demon flip is incredibly broken and parry does like 1/6th of your health if your character has decent defence. Sagat's still a better character though.

Honda ***** akuma
Sagat ***** honda about the same.

MaDWaK

Smash Journeyman
Gouken can counter but the thing is he has recovery on the parry so if he guesses wrong, theres a free punish. and with the back throw they give you like double the frames to tech it so you can tech it on reaction. Gouken isnt ban-worthy at all IMO. he has no pressure game at all so its all about reacting to get in on his semi high tier defense.

anyway you guys are mad distracting lol. I came in here originally looking for Doc/peach matchup info and doc/sheik matchup info.

Top Bottom