• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
scar says im like a young scar ;]
i get what you mean btw
and nah max is otg
i hope he doesnt mind this lol

we were talking about this awhile ago
hopefully he remembers

unknown522

Some guy
well, considering we've never played, I'd prefer it if you dont talk about how good or bad I am. I admit that I'm not as good as vanz, but that shouldnt give u the right to make a blanket statement like "JFox isn't that good" when you have no idea how I am.
really? He is?

my peach especially is infamous for getting stuck on the ledge. its always been a problem of mine regardless of character. :( But Peach has so little options cuz her DJ sucks, making things even harder for me. When you roll (pressing L or R from the ledge) with peach, she actually does a whole different animation from the rest of her ledge moves, so most people at this point know every time a peach is going to roll cuz they just look for the animation. So I dont bother rolling of ledge against good people.
Yeah, you have to mix up. If they're close to the ledge attack, or get up and d-smash. You can do that if they're far away as well. Sometimes you can try to DJ away, then airdodge to the stage, then go from there. Stall the ledge (since umbrella is gay), then force them to move away from the ledge, then do a quick get up.

otg

Smash Master
Jona, dont put ****ing words in my mouth you douche. I never said Jfox was bad at all, quite the opposite actually. its a **** move on your part to try act like you know what you are talking about jonathan when you don't go out and have never played anyone besides like me and mogwai. You're totally ******** dude, just stfu,

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
dam max youll do anything to look good infront of your smashboards buddies ah

for real son your lame
1st i never called jfox bad
2nd you told me about jfox a while ago and i had asked about him compared to vanz, i said what you told me

its not even anything bad son for real, what the hells the point in saying crap like that, if you dont remember oh well but why would i make up something like that, doesnt even make sense
and i dont know what im talking about? because apparently i did, jfox even said it so dont give me none of that

otg

Smash Master
I'll do anythign to loook good infront of my smashboard buddies....? Jfox we've played like one set ever? lol, jona wtf are you talking about. And besides, all I'm saying is keep me out of your preposterous and irrational rants, you make anyone ******** by association.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
that your talking crap about me like crazy
that i dont go out nowhere to play
that im ********

i wouldnt do that, the only reason u do it is cuz everyone else does it on here and they dont even know me lmao
idc when random people do it
but dam ***** u know me

JFox

Smash Hero
lol, dont lose a friendship over something meaningless. all i wanted to get across was i dislike when people talk about me, and especially if they've never played me. None of the rest matter, continue talk about doctor mario lol

otg

Smash Master
hay guise
i like fair
also would anyone take a peach or jiggs to dreamland to try and outcamp/runaway?
or are there better options
First of all, you do not want to bring Jiggs to Dreamland, she will live forever there if she has a half a brain and can DI. Second, you do NOT want to do the Runaway game with jiggs, thats just ******** and is asking her to just zone you out by ledge once when she catches up to you.

I don't think I would like Corneria vs. her because if she takes a early lead, it's goign to be hard for you to get it back. Besides that, pill spam is sexy there and the low ceiling helps, but she does OK there so its not 100% safe.

Edit:

So I'm editing this cause Dogy is yelling at me on AIM, and I know he's going to wall of text the crap out of this forum if I don't change this real quick. Doc v. Jiggs is good on Dreamland cause of space for pill spamming. I personally don't do that enough so it doesn't affect me much and I would rather bring Jiggs to like Pokestadium or FD, but thats just me.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Honestly, I dont mind fighting jiggs on dreamland, because I space well and more-often-than-not just move out on them most of the match.

Realistically though, when I CP (vs both jiggs and peach, and normally anybody), im CPing FD or Corneria, my choice being whichever one isnt banned.

Against peach specifically, you really want to try to stay on the main part of great fox for corneria.

__

LOL I LOVE HOW PEOPLE EDIT POSTS FOR NO **** REASON XD

unknown522

Some guy
hay guise
i like fair
also would anyone take a peach or jiggs to dreamland to try and outcamp/runaway?
or are there better options
I would ban the stage, because I personally hate the level (not even as doc, just in general), but I have to ban mute city, I hate that level more. I would rather take brinstar than those 2.

I would CP stadium, yoshi's, FOD, or FD.

Gea

Smash Master
I wouldn't go to FoD but that's just me. And I love that stage, but Peach on a low platform is scary there. I like space against both characters. Stadium can be good though.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
hard to engage her on your terms due to small stage (meaning you can't camp her), but I personally like it (as I don't play many good jiggz)

Gea

Smash Master
Yoshi's seems like it would be good vs jiggs because of the 50 percent fair kills lol
Doc's strength in the matchup is honestly forcing her approach to be a ****. I just think there are better places to take a Jiggs. The % difference is likely to not be worth not being able to camp her as well.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
The Kobe from a Dthrow at 50 won't connect, in fact Jiggs can hit you out of any Fair attempt you make. Jiggs doesn't die legit from a dthrow-> fair till around 70-80% (before you get the grab).
O_O is this accurate? SHlT i didn't know that! so often i'd be playing puffs and keep failing at dunks on early %'s then i'd just quit trying to do it cuz i felt like it wouldn't work..but i kept hearing docs say it worked i was so confused...thx a lot ;)

VGmasta

Smash Lord
what about yoshi's vs both of em dogy?

and RC?
Yeah, I love vs Jiggs matchups now if I get to play them on an open stage like Final Destination or Dreamland. I can run away and spam so many pills. I prefer Final Destination because I can pill trap them better.

I wouldn't take a Peach or a Jiggs to Yoshi Story. Against Jiggs, the stage is too small for me to space myself from her annoying aerials! Against Peach, you are at a great disadvantage is she lands on a platform above you since it would be impossible to win a challenge there versus her Dsmash!!

I feel like Jiggs and Peach, being the floaty and gay characters they are, would benefit at Rainbow Cruise. In fact, I can't think of one advantage as to why I would ever counterpick the rainbow shipwreck!

Have any of you seen or heard of "Reaper" of Gulp That?! His combo video interesting and I had never heard of him before! By the way guys, I've gotten alot better at that SHBAWD (short hop, back air, wavedash) thing. ;)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
nah i dont care
max is gay sometimes but hes cool
we always fight
Ive seen this situation b4. Someone allegedly said something and the 2nd party quotes this to a third. More often than not the 2nd party actually did say whatever it was that was said, and denies it.

you can be a douche jona and tape record all of your conversations.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
what about yoshi's vs both of em dogy?

and RC?
Yoshis, sure if you need to kill them fast and can deal with a small stage. Personally, I myself would never play either on YS. Long story short, whenever I get the stuff down to do it, i'd start banning YS (or FoD) vs them. But until then, its MC ban always.

Cruise, I mean you could, but I dont see why you'd want to go to cruise in the first place. Unless you planned on moving your icon 1 down and 1 to the right.
I would ban the stage, because I personally hate the level (not even as doc, just in general), but I have to ban mute city, I hate that level more. I would rather take brinstar than those 2.

I would CP stadium, yoshi's, FOD, or FD.
Yeaaaaaaaaah, ban mute city every time. I dont see why EVERYBODY doesnt do it against peach/jiggs/samus. I mean, fighting Peach and Samus isnt horrible on it (just bad), but jiggs? Oof.
I wouldn't go to FoD but that's just me. And I love that stage, but Peach on a low platform is scary there. I like space against both characters. Stadium can be good though.
Yeah, I wanna start banning FoD vs peach too. That **** is hilarious. 2nd highest ceiling of the neutrals sucks too.
Yoshi's seems like it would be good vs jiggs because of the 50 percent fair kills lol
Its good if your strategy revolves around you running at jiggs, or if you're able to control the match throughout.

If your strat revolves around moving/hit'n'run, then YS is actually not that great.

Just comes down to playstyle
O_O is this accurate? SHlT i didn't know that! so often i'd be playing puffs and keep failing at dunks on early %'s then i'd just quit trying to do it cuz i felt like it wouldn't work..but i kept hearing docs say it worked i was so confused...thx a lot ;)
70-80%? Actually no that's not accurate. XD Tryin to dunk jiggs at 70% should get you rested (or naired at the least.)

80's fine though.

Have any of you seen or heard of "Reaper" of Gulp That?! His combo video interesting and I had never heard of him before!
yeah, you werent around for that reaper episode.

I kinda wonder if he still plays over there. He's pretty good. They just make some interesting choices over there in germany. (I think that's where he's from)

___

otg

Smash Master
I only said dthrow -> fair jiggs works at like 70-80% because I had a Jiggs rest me out of it in tournament a month ago at like 60%. I still say 80%+ is too high, it seems ilke she can get out by that %, that or I'm not fast enough.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
-laughs to himself-
70 will still get you rested, and if 80% is too high, then you're not fast enough. It's guarenteed till 'round 100% if iDJ.

Im still never putting the %s on the boards though. ^_^

NEVER! -runs away with the cookies-

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
-laughs to himself-
70 will still get you rested, and if 80% is too high, then you're not fast enough. It's guarenteed till 'round 100% if iDJ.

Im still never putting the %s on the boards though. ^_^

NEVER! -runs away with the cookies-
ladies and gentlemen, the doc standard

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I wouldn't take a Peach or a Jiggs to Yoshi Story. Against Jiggs, the stage is too small for me to space myself from her annoying aerials! Against Peach, you are at a great disadvantage is she lands on a platform above you since it would be impossible to win a challenge there versus her Dsmash!!

I feel like Jiggs and Peach, being the floaty and gay characters they are, would benefit at Rainbow Cruise. In fact, I can't think of one advantage as to why I would ever counterpick the rainbow shipwreck!
for yoshi's like dogy said, its all about you playstyle.

if you need to play hit and run with them and need space, then yoshi's is bad. if you have no problem playing up close, yoshi's has its advantages. and lol at a peach downsmashing on a platform above me. that stuff is so easy to punish. DJ (around him) to FF Fair ALL DAY. im pretty sure you could even space a full jump such that you avoid the dsmash hitbox, but your fair connects anyway. to this day i dont understand why people are afraid of downsmash on platfroms, it's the most empty threat in the game.

the thing about RC is that both characters have amazing horizontal movement, but craptastis vertical movement. RC for the most part is a vertical scolling stage on the one section (up top) which isnt, has very close sides and a low ceiling. the only thing would be are you confortable with the stage. Most people these days avoid gay counterpicks like a plague. I however, am very confortable oncrap stages, especially with characters with a low technical requirement. (like doc)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
ladies and gentlemen, the doc standard
You **** right. I dont feel like having to actually put people at right %s and ****. It's comical watching big names lose stocks they shouldnt.

___

But I think it's funnier how me not putting them on the boards is apparently stopping EVERYBODY from doing it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't know why, but this post made me grin.
Yeah, but then I thought, oh who am I kidding.

Ok, so lets say, Falco. Some falcos aren't hard, but still I have to do my best to keep up with them as well.

I don't know why but I have been practicing Powershielding, would that help again falco?

Top Bottom