• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you main GW just cause he's good?

napZzz

Smash Hero
g&w is'nt that easy to use. you need a good background of using aerials and working on your dodging and mindgames. someone who just started playing wont be able to use g&w most likely.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
do you play fighting games? alot of people out there only play top tier characters just because they want to be good at the game. check out street fighter 3rd strike. Everywhere you go you gonna see chun li, ken, ryu, and akuma all over the place. marvel vs. capcom, you will see a **** load of the xmen being played. if you played melee with alot of people you'd understand that 1/5 smashers mained fox falco or sheik. If not more. some people do play characters for who they are (like us good ol g&w playas!) but some just join bandwagons to be able to get good at the game. In melee it was all about ganon btw ^_^
I know, that was my point! It doesn't matter who the character is, it matters how they fight and how good they are! But lucky for me, my favorite little guy is also a high level character.

Gishnak

Smash Ace
GaW is to easy to use it makes no sense how easy GaW is to use like...once u killed your opponent u can use turtle to rack damage on him before he takes u out leaving your next stock easy....it's reatarded bbut he gets the job done vs deedeedee
This is poorly written and demonstrates that you lack knowledge of the game or how to convey your knowledge of the game in a post. Please attempt to add positive, helpful posts that contribute to the topic at hand.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i used him once cuz i was fooling arund and picked random. hessoooo good wtf LOL now im deciding to either start using him or something but i have 3 mains already one more and ill be *** lolol

but seirously i beat my friends main and hes won tournaments like that and i beat him useing random. either brawl sucks that much or g&w is too good

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
I'd play him if he were bad. In other words, I played him a ton in Melee simply because he was a ton of fun to play as. His moves are hilarious. I LOVE bacon. I embarrassed so many opponents (because he was a weak characters). People started to fear me when I played as him. His taunt is also one of the most annoying ones in the game.

Brawl brought that love to another level. His weaknesses were essentially eliminated. His moves rock even more. His taunt is even more spamable (and he has a taunt where he flips the opponent off! w00t), and he can induce much feared tentacle ****. He also cooks up fish and sausage, which is fine by me.

I also play him because I hate characters that camp and spam projectiles (Zelda, Pit, etc), and his bucket (along with high priority moves, and several levels of approach) provides an excellent counter to their strategies, yielding them null.

G&W is good, but that's not why I play him.

boss8

Smash Hero
he's 2 easy to use...i can simply beat out anyone just by picking GaW........this character is an excuse to get you out of hot water for your worst matchup...in other words....GaW is like melee shiek.....in brawl that is...

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
I don't main G&W, but I play him/her/it (who came up with the G&W = boy thing?) because someone tempted me to play the old players, players that apperared in games mostly before 1990, like R.O.B., G&W, and the like. I tried R.O.B. first and I'm fairly good as him, then there's G&W... I kinda suck at times, but it's fun to play as someone who's 2D.

Mighty_Sven

Smash Rookie
i used to main him in melee cause he was awkward and crazy, and no one knew what to do against him. i loved his midair A move parashute that i used to own people with. now i dont use him anymore mainly because that move has been replaced. i think hes better overall but hes more like the other characters and now as awkward and i miss that.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Its cool that g&w is almost an underground character, not enough people understand how good he is.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Hell no, I used G&W 100% of the time in Melee, and even if he stayed the same in Brawl, I'd main him too.

keeper

Smash Champion
I use Olimar and G&W. I use G&W because I was tired of getting gimped, I liked him in melee but wasn't good with him, he's quirky and cool, and a good character.

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
I used G&W a bit in Melee, though competitively, I just stuck to Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon. However, when I played as him in Brawl, I found that he suited my playstyle perfectly. However, it's more than just the fact that he's really good; I've always thought he had a lot of charm and style, and I LOVE his bell taunts; so short and so annoying.

D

Deleted member

It's mainly because they took out Roy from Melee and Ike was waaaay too slow and i found out about G+W when i played as him in the SSE

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
i didn't even know he was good when i started to play as him. i picked him up one day and owned my friend as him and made him quit playing as marth
I didn't quit playing as marth, I constantly own your D3 with him :eek:

Neb

Smash Lord
I'm sure most of the new people we're getting do.
But, I mained Ness, seconded G&W in Melee.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
Game and Watch is my favorite character, since the Game and Watch series are the games I grew up with. I seconded them in Melee because I was simply better with other characters.

I don't main Game and Watch because he's good, it's because I like him as a character, and I know how to use him pretty well. Besides 2D fighter in a 3D game looks crazy. :)

Hype

Smash Lord
Key..Pretty Good Dair But I Think Toon Link's Is A Little Better.. i maybe wrong
T links Dair sucks compared to game and watches. the key has minimal lag after the second hit of it, can be canceled (slow fall) and it doesn't kill you every time you di it off map.

I'm sure theres alot of people who use him cuz hes good. He's pretty noob friendly because you can spam smashes and not get punished.

onski?

Smash Ace
ive only ever played one other G&W user and i put some pain in spammy world. G&W is an offensive powerhouse. Judge is arguably the strongest move in the game (granted it depends on chance) and lets face it, who doesn't love his electronic chirps?

D

Deleted member

Because besides down tilt you don't have to use tilts and I really hate using tilts they're too unwieldy

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
I like GW because he is strong, cute, and 2-D. Honestly, GW wins 1st prize for 'most innovative moves'.
I'm thinking B-Air...

cowsmoo71

Smash Rookie
picked him up by using him as a counterpick against olimar's bad matchups. Main was Olimar. So now I main G&W and Olimar. But yeah, I picked him because he's good against anti-olimar chars.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I picked up Mr. Game & Watch only because he's good. I was tired of having tough matchups against some of the more aerial combatants like R.O.B., so I decided to pick them off with impunity using my B/N - Air tactics. There was also a signature someone had that I really loved, and forced my hand to Metaknight over Snake and Meta Knight - that and he's less popular.

Glick

Smash Lord
I played G&W before people realized he was good. I sorta dropped him for jigglypuff when people started to bandwagon. I just use him now for bad matchups against both kirby and jigglypuff.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Everyone who says 'I love him as a character' is lying. He isn't even a character.

I play him from time to time cause I like the feeling of winning.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I played Game and watch in melee and liked his playing style. That's why I play him in Brawl. To me, before I started playing him, he was the character that screamed out randomness.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I really just love the "feel" of the turtle. Thats why I play him.

Oh, and you say he is "easy"... Every character is technically easy, its the thinking that matters. Can you change your style and analyze a better one in a few seconds, and then apply it against your opponent?

Top Bottom