• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I wouldn't say they're exactly like Rex & Pyra/Mythra just by virtue of the fact that they don't really have the same teamwork dynamic that being Driver and Blade brings.

They would likely appear together to some extent (with the other appearing in a taunt and/or super or something) but it would be strange if they were a puppet fighter or anything of the sort whereas with Rex & Pyra/Mythra, it would probably make a lot of sense depending on the execution.
I see, so they're co-protagonists but still do their own thing. Gotcha. So nothing like the Blades at a-

Nope.
They do their own thing.
Though initially, Alphen's trademark molten sword did come out of Shionne's chest.
Wh-I-

...Some things have ways of working themselves out, don't they?

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I think it'd be more interesting if we got Shionne over Alphen. She's the co-protagonist after all
I really like every character in the game so far. I just got the fourth character and beat the second kingdom so I haven’t seen everyone yet. I agree Shionne would be a really interesting character being a pure gunner but I’m warming up to Alphen being chosen instead. His flame burst gimmick is a ton of fun and could translate to Smash really well. I hope that if Alphen is chosen, he has an Iron Mask alt as well as his full armor and dressy clothes.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Well I feel like Shionne has as much main protag role as Alphen, I'd wanna consider them sorta on the level of Milla and Jude from Xillia just without the wholw two stories gimmick.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Is that the mechanic where he (probably not) randomly does a super? I never understood why that happened in the demo.
It might get expanded later in the game, but for right now, Alphen has certain rates where if you hold the button after doing the art, he follows up with a powerful flashy fire based attack. There are other mechanics he has that he can do a special move by pressing the corresponding D pad button when a meter fills up and an even more powerful special by holding two buttons while in awakened status.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It might get expanded later in the game, but for right now, Alphen has certain rates where if you hold the button after doing the art, he follows up with a powerful flashy fire based attack. There are other mechanics he has that he can do a special move by pressing the corresponding D pad button when a meter fills up and an even more powerful special by holding two buttons while in awakened status.
Huh. Maybe I activated it without realizing. I've only played the demo so I don't think it was...oh that's right I accidentally skipped the text box that explained most people's quirks. lol

Though I think both times he did his flare burst thing I wasn't playing as him so I dunno.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wait idea
Imagine if we get Deluxe Stages
Works like Mii Costumes, but you buy them individually and they have some songs you can play on that stage and on the Battlefields + FD
Could also work as a sort of additional compensation with some Deluxe Miis

e.g
View attachment 330927
Cagney Carnation Battleground

Fallout 4: Junktown
YO THIS IS WHAT IVE BEEN SPECULATING IS THE BONUS SPOT ON THE ESHOP: THREE DELUXE STAGES WITHOUT CHARACTERS ATTACHED (since you’d have three stage spots after CP11)

My idea wouldn’t account for Miis though. Here’s what I had planned:
  • Sylvalum (Xenoblade Chronicles X, has random weather effects and comes with X music. Can also play 1 and 2 music and if you own the stage you can play X music on Gaur Plain or Cloud Sea. If I can’t get Elma this is the next best thing)
  • Shibuya (The World Ends With You. Can’t think of a specific area. Comes with music from the original and NEO)
  • Uhhhh Gunvolt stage with a FRICK ton of Gunvolt music. You’ve heard of Indie Miis with music now get ready for Indie STAGES with music. Lots of it too!

Discoball Fever

Smash Rookie
Imagine if we get Deluxe Stages
Works like Mii Costumes, but you buy them individually and they have some songs you can play on that stage and on the Battlefields + FD
Could also work as a sort of additional compensation with some Deluxe Miis
I'd love for something like this although I'm not sold on it actually happening.
Regardless, after fighter 11 we'll still have a few empty slots on the stage select and considering that a stage with a few music tracks would take much less development time than a full challenger pack I think It's possible albeit unlikely that they could add some in order to extend the game's lifespan.

I like the idea of the courtroom from Ace Attorney being one with occasional speech bubbles from the background characters acting as stage hazards.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
YO THIS IS WHAT IVE BEEN SPECULATING IS THE BONUS SPOT ON THE ESHOP: THREE DELUXE STAGES WITHOUT CHARACTERS ATTACHED (since you’d have three stage spots after CP11)

• Sylvalum (Xenoblade Chronicles X, has random weather effects and comes with X music. Can also play 1 and 2 music and if you own the stage you can play X music on Gaur Plain or Cloud Sea. If I can’t get Elma this is the next best thing)
  • Shibuya (The World Ends With You. Can’t think of a specific area. Comes with music from the original and NEO)
  • Uhhhh Gunvolt stage with a FRICK ton of Gunvolt music. You’ve heard of Indie Miis with music now get ready for Indie STAGES with music. Lots of it too!
I'd love for something like this although I'm not sold on it actually happening.
Regardless, after fighter 11 we'll still have a few empty slots on the stage select and considering that a stage with a few music tracks would take much less development time than a full challenger pack I think It's possible albeit unlikely that they could add some in order to extend the game's lifespan.

I like the idea of the courtroom from Ace Attorney being one with occasional speech bubbles from the background characters acting as stage hazards.
Rie
Discoball
Great minds think alike

Also Discoball welcome to SmashBoards lol

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

y know what let me compile music lists for each too (links only dont worry)

Last edited:

JustPlainDan

Smash Apprentice
NGL, if no Direct happens this month, the cynical part of me thinks that the final character won’t be revealed until 12/7, what with that being the anniversary of when Ultimate came out.

I know I’m not the first person to think that, but it’s where I’m at.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Nintendo will wait until October to celebrate with his reveal the anniversary of the American release of the biggest game for the final fighter, Skull Kid.

Last edited:

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
I had to do more homework last night than necessary, to get it out of the way in case there is a Direct tomorrow. I'm not banking on it, but I have to account for the possibility.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I had to do more homework last night than necessary, to get it out of the way in case there is a Direct tomorrow. I'm not banking on it, but I have to account for the possibility.
And if there is no direct, you've freed up an afternoon so you can't lose.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not betting on a Direct but we are increasingly bound to get Smash news with each passing day as we get closer to the year end deadline.

If we do get a general Direct though, like the Cloud reveal in 2015, I think we'll just get an announcement for a Smash Direct. Would bet they'll want to keep FP11 secret until the last moment just like Bayonetta and Byleth.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Not betting on a Direct but we are increasingly bound to get Smash news with each passing day as we get closer to the year end deadline.

If we do get a general Direct though, like the Cloud reveal in 2015, I think we'll just get an announcement for a Smash Direct. Would bet they'll want to keep FP11 secret until the last moment just like Bayonetta and Byleth.
That's 101 days until 31st December so currently we're at 1 in 101 odds (assuming even distribution of odds) and because it's a limited pool it'll improve to 1 in 100 tomorrow.

Let's hope that there's no leakers or worse, that there are leakers but because no-one wants to be the guy who said "it's another anime boi", they all become the Riddler's discount non-union counterpart.

Reactions: ---
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom