• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
When I said Cloud I meant Byleth.

What do you guys think? Do you think there's a shot it'll just be a "Sakurai Presents ???" to end Ultimate?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Pretty sure eerything got ****ed up because of Covid and before anyone says "But sony" because I know someone will
Different companies are effected differently
This.

They've been under strict lockdowns but they're considering removing them at the end of the month. Granted these directs are prerecorded but I am sure the overall timetable was forced to stretch... "a while" :troll:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I honestly do not believe that. I recall some others here saying it was a mistranslation. I doubt that is what Sakurai actually said in the Japanese script that day.
Then why take until potentially October when the usual reveal is every 2-3 months? Makes me think he stayed true to his word.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Then why take until potentially October when the usual reveal is every 2-3 months? Makes me think he stayed true to his word.
Covid, maybe? Someone did say there are strict lockdowns, after all. Even with a while being taken, that wouldn't stop a Direct from happening without a character.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So while everyone is going crazy over directs, I moved my houses in New Horizons and made a gated community for my villagers
This.

They've been under strict lockdowns but they're considering removing them at the end of the month. Granted these directs are prerecorded but I am sure the overall timetable was forced to stretch... "a while" :troll:
Just how long has Japan been under State of Emergency anyway? Its hard to tell because they go on it, drop it and go right back to it a month later so often

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Regardless at this point I think it's one of the two followings.

A general direct in mid-October (And if not October then the VGA) or the announcement of a "Sakurai Presents ???" just like how Byleth was revealed.

Talk to y'all later, taking my dogs for a walk.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No, it's that Daylight Savings sometimes makes me confused on timezones, etc. But yeah, I don't remember the latest being 9 AM in my timezone(the one in Wisconsin) as the cutoff time, but 10 AM.

I lost hope already, that said.

Well, hey, an October direct means I basically get an early birthday reveal possibly. It won't be my most wanted, but there's other things I'd like too~

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
No, it's that Daylight Savings sometimes makes me confused on timezones, etc. But yeah, I don't remember the latest being 9 AM in my timezone(the one in Wisconsin) as the cutoff time, but 10 AM.

I lost hope already, that said.

Well, hey, an October direct means I basically get an early birthday reveal possibly. It won't be my most wanted, but there's other things I'd like too~
Wisconsin is central time. I’m on the east coast soooo 10 AM Central is … 11 or 12 EST?

I still suck at time zone conversions lmao,,

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, I'd hate to say it, but October is looking more likely now.

Unless they announce it right before the TGS. Not saying it will, but Nintendo never cared for that show much. Say, how bad is Covid in Japan? And how are they going to do the show with these lockdowns, anyway?

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well, I'd hate to say it, but October is looking more likely now.

Unless they announce it right before the TGS. Not saying it will, but Nintendo never cared for that show much. Say, how bad is Covid in Japan? And how are they going to do the show with these lockdowns, anyway?
I only expect a Pokemon Direct in October.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I wonder what the odds would be if we each picked one character we either felt was the most likely or just wanted the most that at least one of us would be correct when the Direct finally happens. Something tells me it will probably end up being someone none of us expected.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I wonder what the odds would be if we each picked one character we either felt was the most likely or just wanted the most that at least one of us would be correct when the Direct finally happens. Something tells me it will probably end up being someone none of us expected.
It's gonna be... The Sid UI

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Just how long has Japan been under State of Emergency anyway? Its hard to tell because they go on it, drop it and go right back to it a month later so often
Late August was the extension of their Fourth lockdown which affected about 60 percent of prefectures including Kyoto, Tokyo and other major population centers.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Well someone's gonna win $20.00 from me if they guess correctly so sure put your minds together and make that prediction!

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Well someone's gonna win $20.00 from me if they guess correctly so sure put your minds together and make that prediction!
Alright, if I’m limited to just one character, I’ll go with Lu Bu from Dynasty Warriors. I think the Warriors games are very underrated by the Smash community and has had a lot of history with Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom